[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

actual canonical dead space 3 when?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

File: 1488768529736.jpg (327KB, 2060x1815px) Image search: [Google]
1488768529736.jpg
327KB, 2060x1815px
actual canonical dead space 3 when?
>>
Didn't like the final boss being giant ayyylmao eyeball from space inside the moon?
>>
>>389419419
Why would 3 be non-canon?
>>
>>389419419
The only way to salvage the franchise is to make another game with a new protag who doesn't understand what the fuck is going on. I doubt they'll do anything with it following 3, though.
>>
>>389419419
There're rumors that 4 is being considered.
>>
i thought dead space 3 was okay. like the story, i thought, was sufficient.

i did not like the ridiculous DLC microtransaction stuff (i just hacked that crap to say fuck you to EA) and the co-op felt tacked on.

i also didn't appreciate the merge into full-on TPS. DS 2 was the perfect blend of survival horror and action. DS 3 was just gears of space.
>>
3's problem was not the story.
>>
>>389420585
is it d4ad space, dead sp4ce, or d4ed sp4ce?
>>
>>389421049
... I'd play Dad Space.
>>
>>389420585
Will EA even let Visceral see their baby again? They've been relegated to doing EA's dirty work again.
>>
>>389420585
>rumors about it being considered

doesn't sound too promising.
>>
File: 14757704976766.png (209KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
14757704976766.png
209KB, 400x300px
>>389419419
If they drop Isaac completely, and perhaps also the armored space suit, maybe it'd be worth playing again. Maybe take out the weapons completely, save for kinesis and the plasma cutter. Turned into an action game the fucking microsecond normies took notice.

Deadspace 2 is still the best of the series, since it still has some fucking horror survival elements

Maybe have it be the initial infection from the excavation site so you get a kind of Half Life sort of deal where you have to get the fuck out of a fucked up situation, rather than just coming in for the afterparty.
>>
>>389419863
Legit don't even fucking remember that

Not that I remember anything from DS3 though
>>
>>389421847
That was the plot of Extraction, but nobody cared because it was on the Wii.
>>
Reminder that pulse rifle is the objectively best weapon in both games
>>
>>389421847
Yeah, it would have been better to leave Issac after DS2. If the character becomes too used to fighting the enemy a lot of the tension disappears.
You could have a new character who was put into a similar situation as Isaac, so he/she had no idea what was going on - then Isaac could show up to teach them stuff or save the day.
>>
>>389421049
It's going to be called Dead Space
>>
>>389421106
>your dad loves this game
>>
>>389421847
>and perhaps also the armored space suit

Yes, they're going to drop one of the most iconic things in the series. They should make the starting weapon a pump action shotgun as well, instead of the plasma cutter.
>>
Completed DS3 solo and in coop. Fantastic game.

I don't care about horror games and movies, so transition into more action and less spookey jumpscares wasn't hard for me.

Great title, would play DS4.
>>
>>389424009
It helps that they structured the co-op in such a way that you aren't really losing anything, story wise, by not using it. Cutscene ends, and Beef McGuns dissipates into the ether, not to be seen again until the next cutscene where he contributes something to the plot.
>>
>>389419419
if the whole game was like the ship graveyard part with the spacewalks it would have been great
>>
>>389423730
>New character for DS4 cracks Dad joke one-liners when killing necromorphs.
>The delivery slowly gets less confident as the game goes on.
>At the end he pulls a doll out of a pouch, one of the first few morphs in the game was his daughter.
>>
File: 1503259779226.jpg (24KB, 387x461px) Image search: [Google]
1503259779226.jpg
24KB, 387x461px
Drop the micro-transactions and lose the pay2win style of having Rover getting materials for you.
The create a weapon shit was fun half baked, just let me stick to the regular guns.
Also lose the open world with side quests.
Return to horror like the first games.
>>
Reminder that DS2 ruined the series
>Issac talks, reacts to scares, ruining the scare for the player
>Companion characters constantly breaking tension by chatting with you, first game had companions but interactions with them were very few and far between and you were isolated most of the time
>stupid ass sepia tone nightmare sequences constantly pulling you out of reality and thus losing all tension
>lost all subtlety. Unitology was obviously always based on Scientology, but they literally have a fucking Scientology Center on Titan station right down to the fucking color scheme and decor, EarthGov is so obviously evil and Orwellian in 2 (because you the player already know they're evil from the first game) it's hard to believe anyone could have ever trusted them, when in the first game it was actually a twist that the Marines you assumed were coming to rescue you were actually there to try to kill you and take the red marker for themselves
>>
Dead Space 3 had the best coop that has ever existed in a videogame. It remains the greatest online experience I've ever had to date.

Literally 'good with friends'. And the DLC was good
>>
Reminder that EA made DS3 have micro-transactions
>>
File: 1459983476727.png (14KB, 239x270px) Image search: [Google]
1459983476727.png
14KB, 239x270px
>dude lets make a dead space game
>with cool action scenes and drama
>fuck the writing department, nobody will notice the plot holes
>no more horror shit people don't like that
>and lets add coop mode too just cuz
>inventory management is too confusing and lame lets consolidate all ammo kthx
>armor stats were too confusing so lets get rid of that
>oh yeah and you fight humans to it adds so much to the combat and atmosphere

god damn i still can't believe i played through that abortion
>>
>>389424212
Yeah, would have been better with more spaceship stuff. That's why I liked the DLC, it brought you back to the orbiting ships for the finale, and Isaac and Carver turning against each other because of differing opinions on what needs to be done was a nice touch.
>>
>>389423664
I love this trend and look forward to the ungooglable singularity in which all games are simply titled "GAME"
>>
>>389424896
>you fight humans

WHY

EVERY TIME IT HAPPENED IT FELT LIKE I WAS PLAYING A RETARDED VERSION OF GEARS OF WAR

>dude drop rolls and tacticool positioning

FUCK

OFF
>>
>>389424719
I would encourage you to play lost planet 2. THAT is the best coop ever, more fun, too.
>>
>>389421382
EA's decision to reboot Mirror's Edge was unforeseen and very unlike them. Considering the subject material of Dead Space makes it much easier to market, it becomes easier to sell, so yes, it's still likely and will undoubtedly happen in due time.
>>
>>389425165
I've played it, and much prefer DS3 2bh
>>
>>389425165
It also has a bunch of stupidly awesome over the top action sequences. Like the sand pirates fighting the Shai Hulud on the giant rail cannon.

>press F to punch the cannon shell into the chamber.
>>
I think everything about the marker nonsense made the story worse it should have just been isolated incidents about alien outbreaks
>>389424635
I agree as well, I think dead space 1 is way better for horror because Issac is silent.
>>
The only Dead Space game left to make is to tell Altman's story in game-form.

You make it this weird Alien Isolation Archaeolgy game where you have to deal with the growing madness of the people around you while you remain unaffected.

Make it an actual journey where you're playing scientist and archaeologist for the first half then when shit goes bad it suddenly turns into an action game where you have to kill or avoid the horrible shit that's going down. If people don't like that sudden shift in gameplay fuck them. We don't need fucking tutorials, either you start shooting limbs or you suffer the fate of a fucking bandwagon amateur by dying repeatedly.
>>
A lot of the team behind 1 and 2 are gone and Visceral is on Battlefield off season duty.

They're now making some sort of Star Wars title.
>>
EA might trot out the IP again if System Shock 3 is a commercial hit
>>
>>389425632
If it follows the novel to some degree it mite b kewl.

We could also throw in small chapters for characters in the series such as P-Sec's Neuman.

Also, is anyone upset how they wasted the potential of the characters from DS: Extraction? They killed off both MC's and left the last one MIA and preggo. Seriously the worst ending you could give to characters who could've done more in the series.
>>
i didn't hate DS3 but it is weird how good, original franchises eventually converge into the same near-identical pablum, systematically shedding all features which make them distinguishable from one another

why

it's not like you need to appeal to a lower common denominator of some hypothetical literally retarded subhuman population when the whole reason you're making a sequel in the first place is the built-in audience YOU ALREADY HAVE
>>
>>389426025
Because someone fucks up the after-action analysis of the successful previous game. They either fail to ask the right members of the audience what made it great or they bring in dipshits who don't know anything about the game to do the survey.

Whatever their method or whoever fucks up, they utterly fail to realize what made the original product good and what the built-in audience demands. That's all it is, nobody fucking gets paid enough to do a good job when it comes to that.

Look at Dark Souls, look at what it ultimately became. It just became a game with two massive sequels. They fucked up PvP both times and did nothing but recycle the assets from the previous games. You almost thought they got their shit together with Bloodborne but it turned it that was just a successful fluke in experimentation.

Look at this controversy over game journalists who suck at video games. How in the fuck are they allowed to write about video games if they don't fucking understand what gamers find fun. It's like a movie critic who doesn't fucking understand emotions or acting. But it's these retard journalists, who often don't even finish the game they're writing about, who hold the most influence over the studios. It's "free" feedback to read their "expert" opinions. Except the problem is that they're not experts, they don't know what fun is, and overall they're retards who like gaming for all the wrong reasons.
>>
I'd prefer a prequel over anything else. Something that takes place before Isaac was even born. Maybe shortly after Altman's death.
>>
I think 3 jumped the gun with the whole "fate of humanity is in the line" and co-op bullshit. They should've just made it about Isaac getting stuck in another outbreak desu mi familia.
>>
>>389426769
So the experiments that were conducted on Aegis VII possibly centuries before the events of Dead Space?
>>
>>389423518
This
Spess Marine playthrough in 2 was fun with pulse rifle+seeker rifle+security suit
>>
>>389426636
Yeah this pretty much reflects my experience working at a studio. Except I doubt anybody ever really does any real analysis or survey, it's just idiots in executive positions that are incapable of weighing the value of loud idiots versus quiet appreciation.
>>
>>389427172
>>389426769
what if Aegis VII was LV-426
>>
File: CNuBUMPUEAAPAOl.jpg (180KB, 1019x1358px) Image search: [Google]
CNuBUMPUEAAPAOl.jpg
180KB, 1019x1358px
>>389427456
Oh, and a trend towards streamlining design by implementing "self-balancing" systems which require actually fun stuff to be simplified.

Like randomised loot containers becoming acceptable in every single fucking game. Upside is you don't have to think about loot anymore when designing levels, downside is it completely homogenises your inventory/crafting/whatever to the point of total pointlessness and disinterest. You end up with a game in which there's no reason to even read the container contents, just automatically tap "take all" and maybe sort through it later. If they do this in game 2 then you might as well take out item management completely by game 3.
It's lazy as hell and there's a REASON it didn't used to be acceptable in every single game: it's boring as fuck. But once everyone is doing it dipshit leads start thinking it's elegant for some reason, apparently.

That's like one example but extend it to shit like procedural/recycled side quest areas, auto scaling, etc. It's a fucking plague.
>>
DS2 is a literal masterpiece.

Fight meh.
>>
>>389420965
It was definitely part of it, along with character assassination. What the fuck did they do to Ellie?
>>
>>389428285
Needed better bosses and I wasn't wild about the cave part, but its a A+ game as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>389428395
Ellie went to earth to team up with lexine from dead space 2 severed then they become co-op buddies

Please EA do this!
>>
File: AdvancedRIG.jpg (53KB, 370x600px) Image search: [Google]
AdvancedRIG.jpg
53KB, 370x600px
Better question, what's your favorite suit?
>>
>>389428054
The tragic thing about specifically placed loot is that nobody cares about that either.

Again, take Dark Souls. In the first game, the loot was fairly intelligently placed. Everything you found rewarded your sense of adventure and was appropriately exciting to find something new and cool.

All that intelligent design went out the fucking window in all the later games because nearly every piece of equipment or loot you found was irredeemably useless and hardly an upgrade to your current equipment; add that to the fact that the vast majority of gear was recycled from the previous games with no story context and you have the most hideous loot experience imaginable.

The most hideous loot experience second to the Diablo 3 loot experience.

The shocking thing is that this random loot shit is what makes a game like PUBG so exciting for people. And in a game like Last of Us you don't get ANY fucking reward for managing your scarce resources in a scarce resource environment - your loot is proportional to how much you're carrying. It doesn't matter how well you play or how well you squirrel your gear, the game will always lean you towards a specified loot level based on your difficulty.

The loot systems nowadays feel like they're there to fucking betray you more than reward you. Oh you killed that thing, well there's a 5% chance it's going to drop it's HEART.
>>
>>389423518
Remember that you're wrong. No weapon surpasses the plasma cutter.
>>
>>389429197
When is the best weapon in any shooter NOT the fully-upgraded semi-automatic pistol?

It almost always achieves the same upgrades: pin point accuracy, the stopping power of a rifle, perhaps a silencer, all combined with a large clip size, high rate of fire, and plentiful/cheap ammunition.

They even outright express this fact in the first game with that Plasma-Cutter-Only-Final-Destination Achievement.
>>
>>389429117

The original, the obe from the second game ia great but a bit to high tech and sleek for a mining suit.
>>
>>389429117
You just posted it
>>
>>389429197
wrong kid

>Plasma cutter
>18 damage per shot fully upgraded, stacks in 25 rounds per item slot
>slightly larger hitbox

>pulse rifle
>9 damage per shot fully upgraded, stacks in 100 rounds per item slot
>better against swarming enemies like the boogers that crawl all over you
>higher dps because of much higher ROF
>can stun quick enemies like twitchers
>secondary fire is shit in DS1 but probably the best one in DS2
>>
Despite the direction the series went, I still fucking love it, I just want to see it end now with a good conclusion
>>
>>389424761
Reminder that they weren't shoved in your face and you could buy them with in-game currency.
>>
>>389419419
would love Metroid to go a more horror route.
>>
>game takes after eldritch horror
>suddenly a marker and lovecraftian themes
>realize dead space is he marriage we've longed for
>>
>>389421847
You dumb nigger faggot.
>complain about it becoming an action game
>"hey guyz lets remove all the iconic things in the game like the suit XD"
So how do you handle spacewalk sections in your gayer than AIDS nu-Dead space?
I thought about being eloquent but no, fuck you.
>>
The franchise is dead. Get over it anon.
>>
>>389424635
>you will never have taste this bad
thank christ
>>
File: SA-X.png (13KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
SA-X.png
13KB, 240x160px
>>389432291
>>
>>389429117
The default one in DS and the first suit you get in DS2. Always use those no matter what difficulty.
>>
>>389433052
>horror
dud i found that hot
>>
File: 20090810204643.jpg (572KB, 536x800px) Image search: [Google]
20090810204643.jpg
572KB, 536x800px
>>389429196
>The shocking thing is that this random loot shit is what makes a game like PUBG so exciting for people.
Yeah but that's a completely different style of game and it works there. Random loot isn't inherently bad by any stretch, but it belongs in certain genres and shouldn't be seen as a design shortcut in EVERY GAME you can possibly shoehorn it into to enable assembly-line game production.

You're right about bad/lazy use of placed loot, that's definitely pervasive too. It always has been though, and just falls under inept design. Everything good is lame in the hands of someone who doesn't really understand how it should work. The thing about the plague of "elegant" solutions like autobalance/loot/dungeons is they completely take the POSSIBLITY of good design off the table in exchange for GUARANTEED insipidness.
>>
>new dead space
>it's by bioware
No thanks. I hope it will stay dead forever. No way in hell they will ever come remotely close to ds1-2
>>
>>389436262
Please tell me your joking
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.