[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of the Switch? Only post if you have one or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 18

File: nintendo-switch-update-2.3.0.jpg (75KB, 655x380px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-switch-update-2.3.0.jpg
75KB, 655x380px
What do you think of the Switch? Only post if you have one or have some OC shitpost.
>>
I dont have one.
>>
I don't have one.
>>
>>389412227
I would like to get one but I know I shouldn't.
>>
>>389412227

I think I want one, now that it's getting some of those GAEMS, but I'm still wary because of the concerns over the hardware when it first released.
>>
I don't have one and I can't fucking find one.
>>
Want one but the first party is lackluster. Already played BotW on WiiU.

Odyssey ain't exactly worth 300 dollars either.
>>
File: 1503878948288.png (943KB, 634x623px) Image search: [Google]
1503878948288.png
943KB, 634x623px
>>389412227
I think it's a great console that isn't worth buying until early 2018 at the very least. I made the dumb move to buy it at launch, but there's a steady flow of stuff coming, and if you buy it a little later there'll be a lot to choose from.
>>
>>389412402
This meme needs to die. They are everywhere.
>>
File: 4REUq7j.jpg (161KB, 627x470px) Image search: [Google]
4REUq7j.jpg
161KB, 627x470px
I got one for free after I was refunded for an issue I was able to fix
>>
Had so much fun with it. I dont wanna get into details and sound like a shill but I'm so happy I got it.
>>
>>389412227
Absolutely love it. I skipped out on Wii U so the ports are basically new games for me. Excited for Odyssey and Xenoblade!
>>
File: 1487967285068.png (248KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1487967285068.png
248KB, 500x375px
If you didnt buy a wiiu, this is by far the best launch year for any console ever. Mariokart 8 aint double dash, but its fun as hell. breath of the wild is still goty contender. God 2017 is a good year. The only reason to shit on the switch is if youre still salty about HZD, are a PC mustard, or are shitposting.
>>
I've enjoyed mine. Probably about 500-600 hours of use so far. Don't have any of the problems people love to meme and shitpost about.
>>
>>389412227
i rarely play it partly because i already own everything on wiiu (botw)
that and the tranny/furry stuff in splatoon 2 is kinda gay
>>
>>389412385
>but I'm still wary because of the concerns over the hardware when it first released.
The system doesn't bend from heat. It doesn't get hotter than 50celsius anyway. Actually shuts down itself before it hits 60celsius as a safety precaution. And even if it was to somehow hit 100celsiusor higher, it still wouldn't bend. The circuits would just fry instead.
The idea of heat curving the system was always ridiculous.

And in general the system really is quite durable in general. And a real champion of the droptest.
Just get a screen protector and it should be fine.
>>
I love it, splatoon 2 is far more fun than i thought it would be and i love fast rmx
>>
Never had a WiiU, so all of these Deluxe releases are right up my alley. With that said, it still doesn't have enough games.

Definitely wouldn't rely on it as my sole console yet. Luckily I'm part mustard race and part Xbone so the Switch drought doesn't hit me as hard.
>>
>>389412227
I honestly really like the hardware, though 90% of the time I use it in handheld mode. I wish it had some more games but I'm still really enjoying splatoon 2
>>
>>389412227
Nice little handheld-console. I was skeptical at first after what they did with the Wii and the Wii U, but after owning one, I regret I doubted Nintendo. Clocked 110+ hours on Zelda, 100+ hours on Splatoon 2. Pre-ordered my copy of Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2.

The best part of this machine: it sent SIEJA into panic and revived Playstation Vita in Japan after it almost died because they tried to kill it early when Henkaku got released.
>>
>>389412385
the desyncing joycon was a software issue with the bluetooth and was fixed almost immediately after launch with a small patch

the warping is a literal meme perpetuated by clickbait sites and fucking retards that think the Switch actually gets hot enough to warp metal and plastic, it would shut down from the circuits frying long before it got hot enough to do that

the ONLY hardware issue that still remains is the dock with scuff the bevel on the screen if you're a little rough with it, that's easily fixable with Nintendo's own brand screen protector that costs like 6 bucks at walmart, which you should have anyway because they were smart enough to not use gorilla glass
>>
>>389413672
>doesn't have enough games
>has an xbone

literal mental illness
>>
>>389412971
>ff4
>smw
>f-zero
>super ghouls n ghosts
>gradius 3
>final fight
snes was better
>>
I really fucking love it. I used it every now and then during my summer vacation, usually before bed and shit. Brought it to roof's to play MK8 with friends and some of the indies coming out look very comfy to play in the handheld mode. But then again I got free money from Amazon and it cost me $90 out of pockets.
>>
>>389412227
Its pretty great really waiting on Hollow Knight and Mario Odyssey currently playing Mario + Rabbids this game is hard as fuck.
>>
I'm impressed with their first party lineup next year but I'm kinda wondering what 2019 will hold when the holy trinity is already out on Switch along with most of their most prominent first party IPs. Only Smash, DK, AC, Star Fox, and Pikmin will be unrepresented, and that's just assuming there's no announcements.

I also thought they would port forward more Wii U games.
>>
>>389414271
Hallow Knight looks good. It's one of the indies I sorta maybe wanna get on it. Was contemplating Mario + Rabbids, but I think I'm gonna put that money towards smaller games instead.
>>
>>389414471
I didn't put F-Zero on here because unlike Metroid there's no signs it's coming back.
>>
>>389414471
I trust Nintendo has enough resources for their first party lineup. I'm more worried about third party support.
>>
I'm just finally glad that Nintendo fell so behind in tech that the handheld caught up and now they have a cutting edge handheld platform with a clear technological upgrade path thanks to them being basically the only Tegra customer outside of car manufacturers.

Mariokart 8 still amazes me on that thing. NBA 2k being full featured and with all the goddamn buttons (VITA) will be nice.
>>
>>389414715
Oh I do too. There's never any doubt that Nintendo will deliver with their first party franchises. What I'm wondering is if they're blowing their load early. Zelda and Mario this year and Pokemon (presumably) next year is pretty good for their first 2 years. And that of course isn't taking the other games into account.

I'm personally wondering where Smash fits into all of this. Do they port forward the Wii U version, dress it up with all the DLC and some 3DS and new stages/characters or do they just go all new?
>>
I have one. I'm glad I have one but I haven't played with it for a little over a month.

I spent a lot of time on milking BOTW and enjoyed it. Not interested in the Sword Trial DLC. Probably won't pick it up again until that story DLC.

Got MK8D on release day. Got bored after 2-3 weeks. Lost interest and didn't see those /v/eekend threads anymore.

I enjoyed the Splatoon 2 Testfire demo but ended up disliking the game itself.

Personally, I'd say wait for a deal or bundle.
>>
>>389414998
Will sakurai even live through another dev cycle?
>>
>>389414998
pokemon is even less developed than annoucement picture prime 4, it's 2019 at the earliest
>>
>>389415653
I thought they said it'll be out in 2018. Plus it's a Pokemon game. The basic engine never changes.
>>
>>389412227
I think the joycons are the most comfortable controllers ever made of you're playing docked.
>>
>>389412227
I like it but the joycon range is absolutely abymsal and it's really frustrating losing the controller signal when I'm not even far from my tv.
>>
>>389412402
Amazon
>>
>>389412402
Ask your local walmart/target/etc when they get their shipments in and just check back a couple times a week.
>>
It's great. It has a ton of great games already and it is a joy to play. I've been on 10 flights since getting one and it makes flying so much easier.

It's at the point where I just want every game on the Switch. I get that this can't happen so I still keep my PS4 around, but there are games I'm legit holding out on because I'd rather play on Switch.
>>
File: 1503310632359.png (1MB, 1000x1406px) Image search: [Google]
1503310632359.png
1MB, 1000x1406px
I bought one, but it lives in the dock so I'd have preferred Nintendo released a PSTV-esque version without a screen/battery or any of the other bullshit.
An ethernet port would have also been nice.
>>
>>389412971
>The only reason to shit on the switch is if
There are tons of reasons. You're looking solely at its library, while dismissing the fact that it's an underpowered and overpriced tablet
>>
>>389412227
Definitely has some performance issues with some games, even when docked, the Joycons are shit, Paid online gonna be awful.

The games are good though, but it really fails to feel like a "upgrade" to WiiU so far.
>>
>>389414201
never played ff until 6, but ill admit that snes is a good compettitor, recent consoles cant come close though
>>
I am obviously going to have to buy one sooner to the Metroid Prime 4 launch because Metroid is hands down my favorite series.

Right now though it doesn't have enough software to really grab me, other than Sonic Mania and Zelda, but I am hoping it will get more games soon to warrant the purchase.

What I don't get is why Virtual Console still isn't a thing, I can think of dozens of SNES, GBA or Gamecube titles I would love to be playing on it and Nintendo doesn't allow this because...?

Really frustrating that they are preventing so many great games from being played on it. As a portable it SHOULD be a Nintendo fan's dream come true. I can think of dozens of Nintendo games across a variety of their systems I would love to be playing on it and there is no real reason other than laziness. I bought the Wii U and it pissed me off, but I still use it to play Metroid Prime trilogy and Earthbound and Super Metroid and Super Mario World. Then I try to get more than 10 feet away from the Wii U console and the Gamepad loses signal and I really wish I could be using the Switch for this same purpose.
>>
>portable-only users: I wish Nintendo didn't have to do this gimmicky dock thing, and the joycons aren't detachable.
>dock-only users: I wish it doesn't have battery and screen, and it comes with the pro-controller by default
Every thread.

Also,
>users of both portable and docked mode: perfect, no complains here.
>>
>>389416735
On contraire, it's the most powerful consumer electronic on the market weight for weight. Let me see something better.
>>
File: 1494306469545.gif (504KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494306469545.gif
504KB, 1080x1080px
>>389416735
>it's an underpowered and overpriced tablet
Only question is, are you an assblasted sonyfag, console hating pcfag, or shitposting...
>>
>>389412227
I like it but I'm waiting for a revision
>>
>>389416921
Everything else with an X1 in it has a 1440p screen so it's not really fair to compare it to the Switch which only has a 720p screen, at least in terms of price, since obviously the high quality, larger screens will cost more, next to the Switch which is using a lower resolution than my cell phone
>>
>>389417101
an upcoming revision assumes they are treating it like a handheld. How do we know that it wont be like the wii, where it doesnt come until its dying? thats a long wait for no SMO.
>>
>>389417291
You say that as if phones are a low bar for resolution.
>>
>>389417030
I'm just an educated consumer. The only people who own Switches are the people who will buy whatever Nintendo puts without thinking. It's why sales have slowed down because there are only so many of such people (thank god)
>>
File: idort.jpg (618KB, 2125x1196px) Image search: [Google]
idort.jpg
618KB, 2125x1196px
>>389412227
It's pretty good, playing in bed is really nice
>>
>>389417480
It's a disposable phone.

I'm just explaining why the Pixel C is more expensive than the Switch. They have the same SoC but the Pixel C is about a decade above the Switch in everything else
>>
>>389417337
1. The switch is extremely hard to find
2. There's no games I want on it except NMH3
3. Price will go down in time
4. Switch mini may or may not come out
5.if it does come out I will get it.

Either way it's a win win for me. I have other games I can play on my ps4 in the meantime.
>>
>>389412227
Like it but could really use some aesthetic improvements including
>Apps
>VC
>Customizable backgrounds
>UI music
>>
>>389417532
My nigga is your gundam dabbing?
>>
>>389417291
I ask you to show me something more powerful than the Switch, and you come to me with a sales pitch for a replacement screen.

I think we both know you've said enough.
>>
>>389417774
I guess I should have just said improvements instead of aesthetic improvements since I included VC
>>
It's finally starting to branch out in game content, and right now it's a pretty decent system. Switch + a half decent PC and you have access to a decent list of current and upcoming titles.
>>
>>389415736
You mean the style or premise? The engine itself sure as hell changes.
>>
>>389415931
They are 70 dollars over MSRP
>>
>>389417491
I wont buy whatever nintendo puts out (see wiiu N3ds) but the switch is pretty cool. Although i was miffed that 3ds is hogging some of the games that could have been put of switch. I dont think its under powered, over priced yeah probably, but no amount of 4chan complaints will make a company now greedy. not like it was launch ps3.
>>
>>389417803
The Pixel C is more powerful. It's more expensive, which I'm sure would be your argument, but it's a much higher class device. The Switch is a mere toy in comparison
>>
File: 20160301_004630.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160301_004630.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>389417797
Is that an issue? The weather's been horrible and i'm too lazy to paint right now, so it's just hangin' out till the right time
>>
waiting for a monster hunter game
might buy it then
>>
>>389417030
I'm guessing someone from /g/ that measures everything in terms of TFlops per dollar.
>>
>>389418182
Doesn't the Pixel C have the same kind of SOC as the Switch, but less RAM?
>>
>>389418231
Those hands reminded me of Metal Face from XC. And then that reminded me that we getting a sequel within months.
>>
>>389419229
It's not underclocked like the Switch is
The X1 isn't even the most powerful SoC. Apple has SoCs that are several times more powerful, even when the X1 is fully clocked
>>
It's an underpowered tablet.
>>
>>389412227
more exclusives in less than year since it's launch, than the xbone/ps4 three years after it's launch
>>
>>389412227
I like the system, I wish I had some major titles to play, besides BOTW its all small eshop shit that lasts a couple hours at best

Waiting for Xenoverse 2 right now, never had it on anything else
>>
File: 1485586728191.jpg (48KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
1485586728191.jpg
48KB, 500x352px
>>389419783
I like the switch and all, but
>not getting it Xenoverse on PC
>>
File: lan.jpg (907KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
lan.jpg
907KB, 2560x1440px
>>389412227
I wish I had one more friend with it so I could finally have a full team
>>
I don't like the size of the hardware or several "quirks" about its OS, and at the moment it has no games I want I can't play elsewhere. I'll buy one eventually though because there are games I want for it over the horizon.
>>
>>389419907
I have a mac and it has no games

I'm required to use a mac by my university plz no bully I hate it too
>>
File: REEEEEEE.jpg (22KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEE.jpg
22KB, 680x680px
>>389420404
>>
>>389412227
Zelds was fun, Arms was a disappointment, i Don't care about Splatoon, looking forward to Odyssey though. it's surprisingly convenient to be able to play on the go, I didn't think I would use it much as a portable but being able to play on TV or wherever is pretty neat and makes me wish I could do that on my PS4 without streaming via an internet connection. All in all I do like the switch, I'm hoping it gets more support in the future but that's wait and see for now.
>>
>>389414471

Fire Emblem Switch
Yoshi
Kirb
Project Octopath
Story of Seasons, going off of release cycle of previous titles
Travis Strikes again
Pokemon

Metroid Prime 4
SMT HD
Pokemon

That's just the games that have been announced though, Nintendo are very good at holding off announcements until months before their release, Arms, Splatoon 2, Mario and Rabbids, Metroid Samus Returns, I actually expect to see an announcement of Super Mario Maker 2 at the NWC this year.
>>
>>389412227
I have no idea why the VC isn't up yet. The 3DS is getting Gold and Silver soon and it boggles my mind that the Switch isn't getting them as well. Along with basically every Pokemon up through Gen 5.
>>
The thing needs virtual console badly. Other than that, it has a stellar software lineup first party wise, and the upcoming Metroid justified me buying it. It's, dare I say, >comfy
>>
>>389421143
I sort of expect it's been delayed because Nintendo are working on a new version of the Virtual Console, something that ties into the online service and the multiplayer features being added to older titles.
>>
>>389419403
Hopefully It'll live up to the previous games, I'm not terribly optimistic right now but I'd love to be wrong about the game.
>>
bought it on release day
used it maybe twice
sold it a week ago

meh.
>>
>>389412227
It's alright.
The screen is too big and tablet is too wide for me to want to take it out of the house and play on the go so I just use it docked.
Makes me wish it was just a home console. I'd be able to plug my hard drive into that to give it more memory but instead I'm stuck with a tablet that not even Nintendo makes good use of like all of their other shitty gimmicks.
>>
>>389421458
>I'm not terribly optimistic right now
I can't blame you after XCX.
>>
File: 1362877895017.jpg (103KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
1362877895017.jpg
103KB, 384x313px
>I own a WiiU and most likely a good half of the Switch's library for the next 3 years
>I own a Surface Pro 3 that can do table top gaming with my PC's library, emulation, etc (Played Sonic Mania on an airplane with that and my WiiU Pro Controller)
>I own a Vita and 3DS which are actually portable unlike the Switch and still getting support for a bit longer yet
>First model Switch is a janky piece of garbage
>I think the pricing on everything is jewish
>The Joycons and Pro controllers are worst controllers of all fucking time
I'm giving it a couple of years. I'm buying a PS4 Pro in the mean time.
>>
>>389419424
Do you think the Pixel C isn't underclocked? It's a mobile device. Switch can run with higher clock speeds realistically because it contains a fan for active cooling. It is also $200 cheaper, so if you want to call it an overpriced and underpowered tablet, you need to find a tablet with higher power for a lower price.
>>
>>389421626
To be fair, I did find exploration, sidequests and the actual game fun. It's just the main characters were terrible and was an absolute fuck up after the first games cast was likeable as fuck. The less said about the main story the better.
>>
>>389421445
I half expect Nintendo to hold VC exclusively behind the paid online service. Cough up those 20 bucks so you can have access to our store, cucko. Followed by fan outrage, because Nintendo is thankfully always held way more accountable for their anti-cosumer practices than the other consoles, and then they backpedal.
>>
>>389421802
>The Joycons and Pro controllers are worst controllers of all fucking time
>Pro controllers are worst controllers of all fucking time
>Pro controllers

I'll give you everything else, but the controller's actually fucking great
>>
File: Rabbids1.jpg (104KB, 800x722px) Image search: [Google]
Rabbids1.jpg
104KB, 800x722px
I didn't buy N64 at launch and it did shit.
I didn't buy GameCube at launch and it did shit.
I bought Wii at launch and it did great.
I didn't buy Wii U at launch and it did shit.
I bought Switch at launch and it seems to be doing great?

basically if nintendo manages to sell *me* on a thing it goes on to be a success
>>
File: 1503334965038.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
1503334965038.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>389422137
>>
my fucking joycons keep behaving weird when I'm playing BotW
>>
>>389422001
Nintendo aren't charging you to use an online store.
>>
>>389412227
Pros
>Zelda is good. Not amazing but good
>Tablet is comfy to hold
>snappy OS

Cons
>severe lack of games
>battery life
>joycons as a tv controller suck

Maybe this wasn't the console for me. I have no interest in Arms, Splatoon, Mario x Rabbids, and Fire Emblem Heroes

Mario Odyssey better be incredible
>>
>>389422168
>I didn't buy N64 at launch and it did shit.

Your precious sega saturn got utterly buttfucked
>>
>>389422459
>his precious sega saturn

Please go and Faygo.
>>
My Switch has an issue with the left joycon's stick. This is in handheld so it isn't a Bluetooth problem, and recalibrating it doesn't fix the issue. I'm going to send it in for repairs, and also see if there's an issue with my Switch's WiFi card. I then looked at the prices of various controllers and found out
>1 joycon $50
>new dualshock 4 $34
What the fuck is with the price?
>>
>>389412227
I like it a lot. I didn't own a Wii U though so that seriously colors my opinion. BotW is great and so is MK8D. I also bought Disgaea 5 and Puyo Puyo Tetris and both are incredible for a handheld. Super Mario Odyssey looks great as well. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will probably be good but the art style still has me on the fence. I passed on ARMS and Splatoon 2. Splatoon seems to actually be good though. ARMS didn't sell me. Next year is also looking to be good.

As for the system itself, it feels like a really solid piece of hardware. A little bulky for a handheld but not impossible huge like you might think. Docking is also more useful than I thought it would be since I played my handhelds at home anyway. I suggest picking one up eventually.
>>
>>389413672
I thought that picture was criticised for using a model without enough detail to properly so the difference in the highest level
>>
File: 20170731_234728~01.jpg (678KB, 1827x2634px) Image search: [Google]
20170731_234728~01.jpg
678KB, 1827x2634px
Pretty comfy
>>
Love my switch. OS is slick and clean as fuck, everything loads so fast. You can go from a game to the eshop and back in under or a little over a minute.

If you enjoy Nintendo games, theres a lot there already and a lot to come. As others have said, if you didn't get a Wii U, all those rereleases will be like new games. MK8D is the best Mario Kart imo. Zelda fixed so many problems I had with open world games. Mario x Rabbids is a rad entry level strategy game. Splatoon is radically fun especially if you have a team to play with. Coming up:

>Groundbreaking Mario Adventure
>Metroid Fucking Prime 4: Blastin' in yo ass
>Pikmin 4 (supposedly)
>HD POKEMON (They just finally started changing up the fucking formula too, so hopefully they'll innovate more and make it fucking exciting again.)
>More Wii U ports
>Ninty polished platformer goodness

3rd party: lol. But I have a gaming PC, don't need that shit on my Switch. Though portable Rocket League sounds sick
>>
>>389423054
Because that's not msrp for a ds4. Now ask yourself why
>>
>>389424005
>Myth Cloths
BR? BR?
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.