[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STOP THE HUMANS DO NOT LET THEM THROUGH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: SPIRE.jpg (193KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SPIRE.jpg
193KB, 1920x1080px
STOP THE HUMANS

DO NOT LET THEM THROUGH
>>
>>389397984
I just replayed Reach campaign yesterday. So fucking good.

Listening to Cortana's little speech at the end of the game, kind of felt like Bungie's goodbye forever.

Is it wrong for a man over 3 decades old to cry at a video game and wish for his youth back?
>>
I miss Spire.

Is Invasion and Spire still a thing?
>>
>>389397984
This is the best gamemode to ever come out of the Halo series and I am furious it was abandoned so quickly for COD-tier horseshit.
>>
I want Reach on PC
>>
>>389397984
>Climb to top of Spire
>shoot some guys of of it
>do a running jump onto the gravity thing for a safe landing
>Clmib back up Spire

Good times
>>
>>389398609
Warzone Assault in H5 is pretty similar to invasion
>>
File: 1438287819988.jpg (63KB, 758x759px) Image search: [Google]
1438287819988.jpg
63KB, 758x759px
>>389399090
>picking off fools who pop their head over the ledge of the spire
>>
>>389399181
Or what my brother would do
>Get Banshee
>fly to top of Spire
>Nuke them at close range so the bodies go flying off
Of course he got hijacked more often then not but still
>>
File: 1497533529678.jpg (67KB, 425x518px) Image search: [Google]
1497533529678.jpg
67KB, 425x518px
>>389398231
>>
>invasion only had like 3 maps in its entire lifetime
Fucking why? GOAT gamemode that never had enough support.

Also they really could have spiced up the final sequence, it turned into the offense team just humping the core to the ship by 2 feet every time. I don't know, maybe they could have designed multiple routes for it to possibly go when they get it.
>>
>>389400128
I played Reach not long after a good friend of mine died. Playing through it and watching your band of bros (and kat) die really struck a note for me.

Then the final words of Cortana had me in tears.

After all that time and I feel like I've failed some promises I made my old friend. Feels bad man.
>>
Lock your armor Spartan!

Reach was much worse than Halo 3.
>>
>>389400485
why didn't the spartans just armor lock when the covenant were glassing the planet?
gg ez win
>>
File: 1495246177845.jpg (8KB, 217x204px) Image search: [Google]
1495246177845.jpg
8KB, 217x204px
>When you steal the core and your buddy flies to pick you up on his falcon and you ride to the dropoff zone on top while getting shot at by the entire covenant team
>>
>>389397984
>i used to chill on top of the spire with a jetpack and jump on top of the heads of people coming up one of the grav lifts so they fall and suicide themselves
i miss halo
>>
>>389399150
can you use elites?
>>
>>389398231
>so fucking good
>that disgusting motion blur
>that assfucking of the Battle of Reach's timeline
>those horrible cockteases at the beginning of certain levels that promised so much more than we got (HEY CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME VEHICLE BATTLE, WANT TO TAKE PART IN IT? FUCK YOU, GO SHOOT ELITES ON A RIDGE. SEE THOSE SCARABS? YOU'LL FUCKING NEVER BE ABLE TO FIGHT THEM.)
Fuck you for reminding me of that horrible goddamn campaign.
>>
>>389398231
That was Halsey giving the speech
>>
>>389401639
Sounds like you are assblasted by something else and the leakage down your leg get in your mouth and make the world seem bitter.

>>389402103
Yeah, but you know what I mean.
>>
>>389401639
lol
>>
>>389397984
I replayed the Halo campaigns recently (except 343 garbage) and, as im playing lolReach I remembered something. I remembered how much I hated the fact that those lazy hacks at bungle reused and recycled areas of the campaign missions as maps for multiplayer.
>>
>>389398314
this game still has an active community
it may or may not be filled with brazilians
>>
>>389397984
Wish Invasion was balanced a bit better.
Boneyard was a pretty bad map and could end on just the first objective because the Elites have such a shitty disadvantage, and with Spire if the humans don't grab the Core in the initial Round 2->Round 3 transition the Elites can generally just camp the top of the Spire abusing the Round 3 loadouts and the Spartans will never make it inside without dying.
>>
EYES UP. PHANTOM'S BACK.
>>
>>389397984
>film grain
>desaturated colors
>motion blur
>jagged edges
>sub 20 fps
>brown and gray
>not bright, vibrant, and colorful
>no cinematic black box
>needler fires purple needles instead of pink needles
>armor and weapons no longer shine
>no cool visor effect that made it look like you were inside a helmet
Why was Reach the blandest piece of shit next ODST to ever grace the series?

>>389401639
This
>>
>>389401639
The lack of anything that made Reach feel like the warzone it should have been was so disappointing.

And they had stuff planned, but scrapped it in the early stages:
https://youtu.be/pZs8ryXP4kE?t=464
>>
>>389402347
oh really? i dont mind brazillians, i just wanna play
>>
>>389403359
It felt pretty epic to me. What did you expect, Halo Total War?
>>
I remember the intro of this mission. it was simply pathetic.
>human fortress planet, the biggest fortified place with the most troops and weapons and armament in the human army
>covenants attack it by surprise
>humans launch a counterattack with everything they have
>just a dozen warthogs (jeeps without even protection for the passengers or gunner - literally a reconnaissance patrol vehicle), 3 scorpions or so and a few mangooses.

it's like literally an african army.
>>
>>389404191
Reach's campaign missions were all fairly small scale. Recon missions, infiltration, going through mostly ravaged areas after the initial round of major fighting was done (Noble 6 was stuck walking around in the middle of nowhere for days between Long Night of Solace and Exodus).

I wanted a game that did shit like Halo 2's intro mission on Earth, only scaled up even more.
>>
>>389403359
Still mad

>>389404574
>>389404608
This
>>
Did ODST happen the night of the slipspace movement in Halo 2 above that africa place? I cant remember.
>>
>>389404608
Ah, I really enjoyed the special forces feel to it all. It felt right to me. You weren't the Chief taking on the world. Just some lower end spartans trying to make a difference.

I think if they were going to do the epic war battle thing, it was in Halo 2 / 3. Anything beyond the scope that landed in the game was pushing the tech too far for that time.
>>
>>389404574
The context was countering every front of a far superior force though. I'm not sure what people expected?

You were in a special forces team assigned to take out critical infrastructure and targets. It made sense to me.

Though the idea of Battlefield Halo kind of sounds cool. Maybe one day.
>>
File: 1332435616197.png (2MB, 1168x1138px) Image search: [Google]
1332435616197.png
2MB, 1168x1138px
>you will never play Reach customs with /hg/ again
It hurts.
>>
>>389401591
No, sadly, but the mechanics of the mode are almost the same
>>
>>389405875
>tfw your gamertag is on this image
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.