[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This or Mario + Rabbids as a first Switch game? Also, any price

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

This or Mario + Rabbids as a first Switch game?

Also, any price drops expected in the near future?
>>
Nintendo games dont price drop

get splatoon before the online dies out
>>
I haven't personally tried Rabbids, but since that's a single player experience and Splatoon is a multiplayer experience as a first game I'm probably going to say Splatoon 2, which will have more longevity for the player.

>Any price drops expected in the near future?

With Nintendo games starring first party characters? good fucking luck.
>>
>>389395395
>>389395440
I was referring to the console.

So Splatoon 2's single player is weaker compared to Rabbids?
>>
>>389395543
>I was referring to the console.

Nintendo's struggling to meet demand as is, if you're looking for a "price drop" your best hope is basically a bundle come the holiday season. Unless you live in Europe, in which case a bundle might be viable now, including with Splatoon 2.

>So Splatoon 2's single player is weaker compared to Rabbids?

Like I said, I haven't played Rabbids. But if I had to guess, yes, as Rabbids is designed around the single player while Splatoon 2's single player is basically a very lengthy and very well-done tutorial on maneuvering and shooting through the game with various weapons so you are better prepped for online. Splatoon 2's story is fun in and of itself for a jaunt but it's nothing breathtakingly amazing.
>>
>>389395543
Well, duh. Splatoon 2 is a multiplayer focus game while Rabbids is a singleplayer focus game. Of course Rabbid's single player is better. You should really get both though.
>>
>>389395320
Aw Splatoon, no question. So much replayability.

>>389395395
Mario and Rabbids will suffer the Ubisoft curse and be £20 by Xmas
>>
>>389395940
Dunno how the rights work, but if Nintendo holds it then it won't matter how well or poorly it's selling, the price will be going down super slowly.

If ubisoft holds it, then yeah.
>>
>>389396308
Ubisoft published muh dude
>>
File: 1501773606646.jpg (256KB, 1241x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1501773606646.jpg
256KB, 1241x1754px
>>389395320
Well it really depends on your tastes, i mean splatoon is a solid multiplayer game which will last you a while, but its single player while good is a bit on the short side

Rabbids on the other hand is a interesting take on the xcom combat style, and it might last you a while but its probably going to have little replay value
>>
>>389395320
Get Mario Rabbids if you played Splatoon 1, get Splatoon 2 if you didn't play Splatoon 1. It's basically a Splatoon Deluxe but it's still a solid game as it is.
>>
Zelda.

It's been out 6 months so, no. Absolutely not anytime soon.
>>
The single player in Splatoon 2 is mind numbingly boring IMO. Every now and then I do a level or two but it's relentless in its formula
>>
For people that have played it, can anyone give me a good summary on if Mario+rabbids is a good/fun game? Also give negatives if you got em
>>
Splatoon 2 will last you forever since it's mainly a multi-player game and it's currently my favorite game this year (aside from BOTW), and I'm not even a big multi-player gamer, but Splatoon 2 has sucked me in like no other. But get Rabbids afterwards because that game is amazing and has its funny moments, but I dunno how much replay value I'll get out of it once I complete it.
>>
>>389396871
Good game. Fun battle system. Lots of exploration and incentive to revisit old worlds. Weird humour. Great OST. Story is nonsensical but fun. Character interactions are the best part. Pretty buggy by Nintendo standards.
>>
File: 1484972111621.png (139KB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
1484972111621.png
139KB, 276x260px
>just realized Splatoon 2 doesn't have local multiplayer
what
>>
>>389397101
Try harder
>>
>>389396871

It's definanately fun and even rather challenging. Lots of different enemy types and every character feels pretty different and complement each other well. With the right party members you can pull off some pretty awesome combos. My only complaint is the battle zones are generally just variations of of the same format. High ground/low ground, high/low brick cover and pipes. I'm just under half way through the game by the way.
>>
lmfao

put your 300 dollars to a gym membership fatass.
>>
>>389397042
How long did it take you to beat it? If you have already. I hate rabbids, are they annoying or did they figure out a way to tone down the annoyance factor. If it's a great game I can let that slide
>>
>>389397193
It doesn't. You need a second Switch.
>>
>>389395320

Mario Rabbids is a much better single player experience, if you're interested in a strategy game that is. Splatoon has infinite replay value with its multiplayer though.
>>
>>389397042

The music is quite spectacular. Kirkhope has still got it.
>>
>>389395775
>struggling to meet demand

look at all the people busting down the doors trying to get a switch, except wait, thats not happening. thats just a marketing strategy, so gullible idiots will buy on impulse.
>>
>>389397345
You need a pro controller, you moron.
>>
>>389396804

I had great fun with it in Splatoon 1, but that's probably because it was my first experience with Splatoon. I had already mastered the game by Splatoon 2 so the single player was so goddamn boring for me, I forced myself to finish it just to see the last boss/ending and it took me like a month.
>>
>>389397310
I'm up to the final world, haven't beaten it yet. The Rabbids are basically just the comic relief, a lot of it is visual comedy.
>>
>>389397520
>He doesn't understand the NAND shortage

I assume you're too poor to afford a good PC or you're stupid enough to buy a prebuilt if you can't understand the memory crunch we're under.
>>
>>389397520
You mean 5,000 people don't line up in Japan just for a chance to win one of 250 Switches? Nigga, why does the Switches success make you people so angry? There is actually a shortage on flash drives which is what is bottle necking Switch production.
>>
File: 1502561330210.gif (94KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1502561330210.gif
94KB, 500x275px
>>389395320
>Also, any price drops expected in the near future?

Still waiting to Pokemon X and Smash Bros to drop price...not happening any time soon

This is Nintendo OP, you should know it already
>>
File: 3865256_original.jpg (225KB, 1258x1175px) Image search: [Google]
3865256_original.jpg
225KB, 1258x1175px
>>389397310
not that guy but im just got to the last world and id say it took about 4+ hours to clear a world on your first go (if you are going after colectibles and restarting a few of the thougher fights) and about another 2 or more (depending on how shit some of the extra missions are) when you go back to clear the challenges and the special stage of each world

pic not related
>>
>>389397721

I never played a Rabbids game before but have always been against them. They just never seemed appealing to me. I love them in this game. They are actually pretty funny. Even the Mario characters in the game are funny. There was a scene where Rabbid Peach was flipping through her pictures after the DK boss battle and Luigi was trying to peek on her pictures and just creeping in the background trying to peek over her shoulder. The game is actually kind of funny in a very slap stick way but it works.
>>
>>389397705
I don't even think it's a problem of "oh they're just tutorial levels", because there's a lot of new tropes, weapons and stage hazards. The formula is just incredibly vanilla and has a Mario kind of vibe. Like how every level has a gimmick that is shown to you, then you're expected to deal with the gimmick in increasingly different ways until facing a final challenge that ties together everything you learned. Except it's nearly every level.
>>
>>389397817
He's just stupid enough to fall for the artificial shortage meme, anyone technical understands perfectly well that Nintendo doesn't have the literal hardware to manufacture more consoles unless they pay more for NAND and raise the price of the system.
>>
>>389397310

As someone who hates the minions with a passion, and thought of the rabbids as the video game equivalent, they're definitely tolerable and may grow on you. I didn't find them very funny but they're somewhat charming, there's one particular scene that actually made me laugh. You forget the enemies are even rabbids later on when they take very different looking forms. It took me about 20 hours, but I haven't done any of the optional stuff yet.
>>
>>389397721
>>389397949
>>389398160
Thanks guys I may pick it up during Black Friday in a bit one get one free deal
>>
>>389395320
Splatoon 2 is a much better game, but not if you don't care for online multiplayer. If that's the case, get Mario+Rabbids.
>>
>>389397101
It does.
>>
>>389397101
The Tree house people played 4P local Salmon Run multiple times at E3. Also at Gamescom so, yes it does.

>>389397657
This.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.