[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good cosmic horror/Lovecraftian games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: cthulhusghtsgd.jpg (145KB, 633x920px) Image search: [Google]
cthulhusghtsgd.jpg
145KB, 633x920px
Good cosmic horror/Lovecraftian games?
>>
>>389394852

Bloodborne
>>
sunless skies
>>
>>389394968
It literally just went into early access. I'd give it time before even considering picking it up.
>>
Can you DO good cosmic horror in games? I'm not sure if the format if conducive to it.
>>
>>389394852
Sunless Sea
Pathologic
>>
>>389394852
Eternal Darkness
>>
>>389394852
Nothing, he was a hack who's stories were all:

>whoa, i'm totally insane because of the things i've seen
>now let me tell you about the things i've seen
>they are indescribably horrible. the end.
>>
>>389395092
It's possible if they know what makes good cosmic horror. Which is why you don't see much good cosmic horror in general.
>>
>>389395252
t. triggered nu-male
>>
>>389395252
What went through your head when you clicked on this thread?
>>
>>389395252
Regardless, cosmic horror isn't just Lovecraft, and most things Lovecraft aren't even Lovecraft himself anymore.
>>
>>389395252
You cannot appreciate true art.

>>389395327
Why a numale? He struck me as a brainlet philistine.
>>
>>389395092
i dont know, but the other day I had a dream and wondered if it could be in a game

i just remember being at the beach staring at the horizon when it got cloudy and dark as all fuck, and then from the sky appeared giant tentacles and i mean massive. i didn't see any creature, but it was very clear that something was in the sky. i thought it'd be cool in a game to see that, the feeling of being in front of something incredibly big and scary but you never get to see it, just a glimpse at best
>>
>>389395398
Only people who actively hate Lovecraft are people triggered by his political/racial beliefs
>>
Cthulhu Saves the World
>>
>>389395252
Anon, (You) can do that with literally any author from any media.
>>
File: Magrunner-Logo.jpg (63KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
Magrunner-Logo.jpg
63KB, 700x350px
>tfw you're the only one who played this
>>
>>389395252
I know this is bait but regardless, despite what opinions you may have on his writing, which was admittedly not all that great, the stories and concepts he created/popularized have had one of the biggest impacts on the horror genre and entertainment and he is still one of the best at those concepts. There is a reason why people like Lovecraft.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.