[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planned Obsolescence: The Video Game Company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

Planned Obsolescence: The Video Game Company
>>
Autism: The Thread
>>
>>389387719
What's autistic about not liking your vanilla games being unplayable without paid DLC?
>>
>>389387579
Why are you trying to fit in?
>>
>>389387803
Poverty: The Reply
>>
>>389387839
why are you projecting?
>>
File: 1316959326069.jpg (82KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
1316959326069.jpg
82KB, 446x400px
>>389387983
>trying to fit in on an anonymous chinese memes factory where no one knows who you are or even if you are one poster or the next
>>
>>389387579
Have they made a good game since Crusader Kings 2?
>>
>>389388626
project some more
>>
>>389388872
Stellaris has potential.
>>
>>389389313

Is it fun in it's current state?
>>
>>389387803
>vanilla
>unplayable
not true, just started a new EU4 game last night and its great
>>
>>389389409
you can pretty much roleplay as the leader of a glorious army
>>
>>389389409
No, but it has-
oh I see what you did there
>>
>>389387968
Everyone pirates them anyway, retard
>>
>>389387803
Hint: You can easily download all DLC and just put it in the folder. Buy the game to support them, then pirate the 900 DLC to not support their business practices.
>>
>>389389854
I still don't understand what's so supposedly bad about Paradox's business practices. They could be selling each big DLC rolled into the base game as a fully fledged sequel, but they don't. The base game is still as good as the day it came out if not better because they release hefty free patches with each big DLC. I guess if your completionist autism forces you to have every single bit of DLC or you'll never be happy it could be bothersome but that's on you.
>>
>>389390275
The games are incredibly bland and basic without the DLCs my man.
>>
>>389390275
Having played CK2, EU4 and Stellaris, they all seem to have a common thing going for them. Fun but deeply flawed game that feel like they are missing a lot of stuff, which is slowly patched into the game and released in the form of DLC over years.

Remember when you just bought a game? Paid $60 and you had a game you could play? I don't even mind them releasing more content over time in the form of expansions, but they are rarely ever truly expansions, mostly tiny pieces of DLC of various things. It sucks because it really feels like the longer you wait to play a Paradox game, the better off you are.
>>
>>389390275
>They could be selling each big DLC rolled into the base game as a fully fledged sequel
Not even close
>>
Hey remember just before EU4 was released?
Paradox updated EU3 with a huge makeover on various mechanics that ruined gameplay permanently?
>>
>>389389409
yes
>>
File: paradox.png (34KB, 812x509px) Image search: [Google]
paradox.png
34KB, 812x509px
>shutting down Wizard Wars
I won't forget this
>>
we are so cucked
>>
File: 63-silver-glitter-skeleton.jpg (617KB, 1750x2500px) Image search: [Google]
63-silver-glitter-skeleton.jpg
617KB, 1750x2500px
>I'm sure they'll update Sengoku any day now
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.