[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo is FINISHED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: 81ocPLCedaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (139KB, 1500x734px) Image search: [Google]
81ocPLCedaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
139KB, 1500x734px
Nintendo is FINISHED
>>
This is the portable Dreamcast, 10 years from now you will see people sucking its dick because it wasn't succesful but had potential and a few great games
>>
>>389354860
>10 years from now
Isn't the current general consensus that while the vita had great hardware at the time, it was killed right after birth by a lack of videogames, zero 3rd party support and sony themselves dropping the ball after the first few months.

It's a shitshow, sure, but it's also pretty well documented and understandable as to why things went the way it did. Proving once more, that great hardware means jack shit if you don't have any 'killer apps'
>>
The system itself is amazing and WAY better than the 3DS, (Better specs, screen, comfort and it doesn't look like a plastic toy.) This is coming from a Nintent0dller. If sony hadn't shit the bed completely on the software side it would have won
>>
I thought this was a new model or something, fuck you OP
>>
Soul Sacrifice Delta, Cyber Sleuth, Freedom Wars, Killzone and P4G all validated my purchase. Now that its hacked, it's the best console of its gen.
>>
The Sony problem:
>have no first party games
>all your third party support is western trash who only develop for TV consoles
>no matter how good of a handheld you make, you will never be able to support it properly
>>
>>389356891
>have no first party games
Blatantly false. Plenty of great first party titles. Problems is, as you've remarked, lack of third party support. Sony can't be the exclusive developer of games. They'd be investing far too much money for little return. First party support for any console is suppose to draw third party devs in, as a proof of concept in many ways. That happened for the PSP, which is why it was highly successful, but it didn't happen for the Vita (except in Japan).
>>
>>389357403
>Plenty of great first party titles.
That are all on the PS4. They had a few decent games on the Vita but there's no way they can attempt to compete with Nintendo with their current first party IP portfolio.
>>
>>389356891
Sony's problem with the Vita, outside of their greed and incompetence, was that it didn't have anything for the normalfag crowd outside of maybe two games like Uncharted and Killzone, the system itself has an amazing library if you like niche games, arcade stuff and whatever else, but it doesn't have appeal out of Japan for a good reason.
It's my favorite console right now in terms of singleplayer content, but it's hard to deny it doesn't really have what it takes to be relevant with the global casual audience, not that I personally mind since small devs and more hardcore series can thrive on it, since that kind of audience it's on the Vita, if it weren't for Vita Neo Atlas and other smaller series would still be dead because they have no space on other consoles.
>>
>>389354860
>a few great games
Name one that isn't a port.
>>
>>389357621
>spelling out what's been obvious for years
Welcome to 2017 anon, glad you finally caught up.
>>
>>389358174
Sorry senpai, I've been in prison for the past 10 years.
>>
>>389358123
Gravity Rush.
>inb4 doesn't count because it was later 'remastered' for Sony console
>>
>>389358123
Soul Sacrifice Delta
>>
>>389354860
The Dreamcast actually had good games though. Not just inferior ports of anime games and VNs.
>>
>>389358123
SaGa Scarlet Grace
>>
>>389354664
fuck u nintendo never dies
>>
>>389358996
i got powerbank
>>
>>389354860
People sucks Dreamcast dick because it was a good console even got break the record for the best console launch of its time, not to mention all the fantastic games.
The Vita is a great console power wise but if you are not going to use that power, why in the fuck bother? even Sony gave up on it.
>>
>>389358646
I think they're now technically inferior ports now that we have them on PC. Well not so much ports but better versions of those games.
>>
>>389358870
Scarlet is a great game and possibly the greatest JRPG of 2016, but it's definitely not for the general audience.
>>
>>389359425
Not not that guy but who the fuck cares about the general audience? They don't really have anything to do with anything.
>>
>>389354664
>Black Noire
What did Sony meant by this?
>>
>>389354860
Not really
Dreamcast was cut down in it's prime because of Sega's continual fuckups while Sony just flatout fucked up the Vita outside of Japan

Really it's the Sega Saturn of Handhelds
>>
>>389359775
Well, the whole argument is how the Vita wasn't successful and didn't have any attractive title for the general audience, Scarlet is great and all, but as much as I love it I have no doubt that it wouldn't have sold much even on a more popular platform, and I can say the same for most of the Vita's library.
It's a niche machine with some amazing quality and library, but it's still a niche machine, there's isn't anything inherently bad with it, but it's relevant to the argument at hand.
>>
>>389360058
I thought that the argument was that overtime people turn into hipsters over things like these.
>>
>>389355350
>zero 3rd party support

On the contrary; 3rd party support is the only thing stopping Sony from completely sinking it.
>>
>>389358123
Freedom Wars is pretty good. I enjoyed the gameplay far more than God Eater.
>>
File: 1481804513028.png (766KB, 1890x1861px) Image search: [Google]
1481804513028.png
766KB, 1890x1861px
>>389354860
I already see people coming around and acting shocked because of all the games they suddenly find on it. Nobody is even looking until they realize "hey, it's still getting games announced for it in 2018. What the hell is going on?" and check things out only to find out about it's massive library.
We had 5 games announced yesterday and like, 8 otome announced a few days ago.
>>
>>389362586
>we will never get a sequel/update that irons out the issues and adds more stuff

Feels bad
>>
>>389362586
>I enjoyed the gameplay far more than God Eater.
Anything is better than God Eater.
Now, if only they did manage to finish the actual campaign and fix melee, and add the weapons they blatantly cut for the player but left for NPCs, and make more enemies...
>>
>>389362974
https://twitter.com/deadchannel_/status/877805818569039872
You can use some of the dummied out weapons. Using the fist weapons fucking suck, by the way.
>>
>>389358646

No, the dreamcast had underrated weebshit, just like the Vita
>>
>>389363174
>Using the fist weapons fucking suck, by the way.
Of course, it's literally unfinished content.
Which makes me even more mad because the concept of having weapons with different movesets and combo routes within the same category was great, but it was way unpolished and evidently rushed.
And it's the only "hunting" game that actually has weapons do splash damage accordingly instead of magically phasing out through models with no active hitboxes.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170826-130244~01.png (1MB, 1439x1723px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170826-130244~01.png
1MB, 1439x1723px
I recently got one of this and I've been playing my vita a lot more now. Luckily since I haven't used it in over a year ago, I was still on 3.60 firmware.
>>
>>389362656
True, but nobody but weebs care about those.
>>
>>389363604
>Only works with CFW
>CFW can't play any game past 3.60
It's trash son.
>>
>>389364043
Go away Sony.
>>
>>389364208
I bought both my Vita and memory cards used, whatever floats your boat.
If you like to get cut out of good games because you're so cheap you won't even buy used it's your problem, if that thing worked on normal firmware I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but it doesn't.
>>
>>389364376
I prefer the shitton of older games and emulators with a standard SD than just a few decent games on an overpriced memory card.
>>
>>389355350
Unfortunately proprietary memory sticks and overall lack of 3rd party support lead to this console becoming quite the laughing stock in NA. In Japan it's fine because they have enough developers working on games, but without people actively working toward translations or ports, it was a rough start. Now we've at least got some game companies doing english subtitles, for Asian games, as well as Bandai/Namco and Capcom looking to port more of their games to the US. So maybe this will be a golden age for Sony...doubt it though.
>>
>>389364608
This. There's really nothing interesting to play that requires to have 3.61+ firmware. Plus it was only six dollars.
>>
>>389365675
>So maybe this will be a golden age for Sony
JP third parties are all pretty happy with Sony, especially medium and smaller ones since they have the Vita's market all for themselves.
And the fact that there was no piracy on the Vita for years did hurt Sony's hardware sale, but made devs happy, and the stellar attachment rates show.
So it's kind of a double edged blade really, on one hand the console underperformed badly, on the other it still managed to make profits and keep people satisfied, I'm pretty surprised myself to see how long it has lived, especially with Nintendo completely abandoning the Wii U to die an inglorious death, you'd think Sony would do the same, instead Vita is still going and getting games left and right.
>>
>>389365994
>Not owning both
I have an old Vita for 3.60 stuff and an LE Vita on the current firmware. Though I don't use my old Vita for anything other than emulation and streaming my Steam games to.
>>
>>389365994
>There's really nothing interesting to play that requires to have 3.61+ firmware
Maybe for you.
>>
>>389355350
It was killed by the very hardware that made it good. That's all there is to it.

More expensive to develop for means anyone wanting to develop a handheld game has an easy choice unless Sony shoves money in their face for exclusives.
>>
>>389362656
>psp games which look better on psp itself
>ports (most of them worse than other version)
>compile heart shovelware
wow. get rid of all of those and suddenly it has fucking no games
after disgaea and muramasa I have no use for this crap of system
>>
File: 0600a8fad2afe22a6d8dcaff644c219a.jpg (413KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
0600a8fad2afe22a6d8dcaff644c219a.jpg
413KB, 1280x719px
>>389354860
Honestly, yeah. Maybe not to the same effect as the Dreamcast had a decent impact with it's powerful hardware (The best hardware at the time was the N64), low cost, and features like a built-in modem.

But I did end up buying a Vita around 4 months ago and I have to say, I really enjoy some of the games on it. Namely pic related. It's the reason to own a Vita. I'm really disappointed that the series won't be expanded on, because there's a lot of untapped potential there.
>>
>>389354860
Dreamcast had better selection of games, fuck off.
Vita is shovelware machine.
>>
>>389366605
>Dreamcast had better selection of games
Like what?
>>
>>389367306
Tech Romancer, Power Stone, Virtual ON, Shenmue, shitload of shmups
what vita has? monhun wannabes and ecchi drpg
>>
File: 1498136800237.jpg (318KB, 610x640px) Image search: [Google]
1498136800237.jpg
318KB, 610x640px
>>389354664
>>389355883
this
>make a great handheld system that's better than the 3DS
>scam people into buying proprietary memory cards for it
>abandon the system because japanese jews care even less about making fun games than western jews
>kill off the deus ex franchise while underfunding any project not related to final fantasy
>release 2 piles of uninspired garbage, slap the FF label on, fanboys cough up all their money
>X years later there's only passably boring games for your great system but you dont care because suk aru tiny penis finaru fantasy besuto furanchaisu eber
>sonybros still support you
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.