[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MMOs with challenging combat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: aion.png (188KB, 525x325px)
aion.png
188KB, 525x325px
I'm looking for an MMO with a fun, super fast-paced, skill- and tactic-dependant PvP-system like Aion has (I know it has more than a few balance-issues, but you get the idea).
What I love about Aion is the fact that you have to keep track of so much shit at once: a shitload of skills for every class which you have to know both inside and out in order to have a chance of winning; closely watch your opponents buffs to know when to kite or just so you don't waste keyskills into their resists; be incredibly quick almost all the time; switch your weapons whenever needed and all of that while constantly being in motion and proving good movement.
Then there's also these nice little niche-tricks such as animation-cancelling in various forms, weaving, and so on to improve yourself.
To me, the game lost its appeal due to good content having been removed, the com has always been utter garbage and it just isn't big anymore since forever. My favorite update was 3.0.

Anyways, anyone know of an MMO with similar combat?
Flyff's combat seems boring, WoW is way too slow and GW2 I've always found to be weird, wasn't fun to me.

Would Black Desert Online be worth a try, anything else maybe?
>>
Elder Scrolls
>>
Wildstar if it had people still playing it
>>
>>389343048
Only dungeon crawlers are worth the time for engaging gameplay. Kritika, Vindictus, Dragon Nest. I recommend Kritika as it has the most polish of those.
Black Desert has a nice combat system that's bogged down by the fact the servers are abhorrent garbage and everything turns into a frontal cone aoe shitfest where people class stack and any mechanical based class goes to shit because shit netcode. Everything else about Black Desert is even worse, being zero meaningful content it's little more than a bare bones life skill simulator, this sounds okay when you realize shit like EVE exist, but this is nowhere close as none of the systems in place for it have any polish. As of recent Black Desert also ventured off into the actual pay to win field, where you can pay workers real cash to finish jobs instantly, crate trading being the highest income this has been easily abused.
>>
You can try Blade and Soul. Many players from my guild were previously aion players and they like combat very much but if you want to go competitive you will have to buy VPN because their arena netcode is sometimes really shitty af with delays and memory leak
>>
File: 1503532354005.jpg (63KB, 398x591px) Image search: [Google]
1503532354005.jpg
63KB, 398x591px
>>389343048
enter cryogenic sleep for at least 10 years and then start looking
>>
>>389343048
Tera and blade and soul are the one mmos with good combat
>>
You guys better have mained the best class in the game, aka Chanter.

I miss Aion and have yet to find something like it, but I surely don't miss the terrible EU servers and those enchantment/embeeding rates. PvP was excellent, even if Godstones could get in the way and screw you in the ass at any given time.

>mess around Eye of Tiamaranta alone
>avoid and survive zergs
>some lone sorcerer pops an Ice Shard on you and procs 1% nuke godstone
>>
>>389344182
Tera is in it's death right now, don't recommend that, zero content updates with the only thing happening is console ports that were promised 3 years ago, 6 hours to max level then do dailies for months on end to wait for new dungeon content that cuts a shit load of prior content. Blade and Soul is literal pay to win trash with a pseudo action wildstar combat that surprisingly is worse. With a 4 year build up to have the KR version ported over.

I'll be honest there are no good mmos anymore. And there won't be for a long time.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.