[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people think that this game was magically going to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 3094163-ffxv1.jpg (232KB, 962x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3094163-ffxv1.jpg
232KB, 962x1200px
Why do people think that this game was magically going to be finished just because "muh money and muh time?"
>>
>>389339875
is it not finished?
>>
>>389339926
Nope. The game is missing a lot of content, the story is awful and sparse, there's no character development etc.
>>
>>389339926
Considering there are parts of it that blatantly show off cut content yeah
I think it's a great game but people here seem to have an idyllic view of "WTF TABATA WHY ISN'T IT FINISHED" when it wasn't fucking possible
>>389339956
Now that's fucking wrong, your core team absolutely has character development.
>>
>>389339956
>missing a lot of content,
like?
>>
>>389339978
>Now that's fucking wrong, your core team absolutely has character development.
No they don't. Their character development only really happens in the Brotherhood anime, Episode DLC and Assassin's Creed festival DLC. Other than that they:
>Develop off-screen (Ignis overcoming his condition, Prompto in his DLC)
>Don't really develop at all (Gladio)
>Their "development" happens (Prompto reveal) and is quickly forgotten.
I platinumed the game and this game has major character development flaws.

>>389339997
Well for one an entire region.
>>
>>389340139
>Well for one an entire region.
elaborate i dont know much about ff15 but im thinking of buying it when it comes out on PC
>>
>>389340139
There's constant struggle and development from Chapters 9-14, just saying "No" doesn't make it true.
>>
>>389340139
>Well for one an entire region.
good thing that its missing.
the game lacks quality not quantity, another region with copy pasted content wouldnt have added much to the experience.
>>
>>389340190
There's an area that was part of Versus originally that is just a linear segment, despite the fact it's clear that it originally was going to be an open world area.

But that in addition to the main open world would have been ridiculous.
>>
But seriously, why do you people complain about the cut content so much? After 10 years there's only so much they can do.
>>
>>389340190
People went out of bounds and discovered the Niflheim (or whatever it's called) region unfinished. The groundwork is there and has roads and everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dms58hFsz74
Also, a lot was cut.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av_B4Ixci38

Keep in mind that you will literately NEED to watch the movie and anime to even have the faintest grasp of what's going on. Even with that, the story and characters are not great. Key characters appear for like 5 minutes only throughout the whole story.

>>389340216
Struggles =/= development. They regulated the development to a god damn anime.

>>389340262
They shouldn't have done it at all. That part of the game is rushed as fuck as a result.
>>
>>389340265
Which area is this?
>>
>>389340449
I don't remember the region or anything but you pass through them in the train chapter(s).
>>
File: 7805f0a215ad885d697482b085b6af7e.jpg (158KB, 1000x813px) Image search: [Google]
7805f0a215ad885d697482b085b6af7e.jpg
158KB, 1000x813px
>>389339978
>your core team absolutely has character development

Yeah in their own separate character DLCs which are teased in the main game. Why do you people confuse annoying Joss Whedon-esque quips and bantz with character development? Gladio and Ignis are about as thin as it gets. They have about as much development as the side cast. Prompto is the only one with a hint of development but it's brushed off quickly. They are a shitty imitation of your favorite Ninja Turtles.
>>
>>389340629
Not just in the DLC, they have lots of arguments and overcome them in the core game narrative.
Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it isn't there (and 90% of people DID like it, contrarian).
>>
>>389340406
>They shouldn't have done it at all. That part of the game is rushed as fuck as a result.
We all knew the game would inevitably have us take the fight to Niflheim. The problem that they basically shoved in all the train shit inbetween Altissia and the capital as an attempt to highlight the character drama, which is basically all that really gets covered beyond "Tenebrae on fire" and "Noctis knocks Prompto off a train" and a fucking flashback. It's nothing more than filler that attempts development for Noctis but doesn't actually do much in practice since it basically boils down to sheer anger and despair for fucking up and everyone getting fucked up around him. Rinse and repeat.

The fact that the Niflheim region surrounding this filler is so mapped out is only the cherry ontop.
>>
>>389340671
>they have lots of arguments and overcome them in the core game narrative.
That's weak development which is a problem when outside content has the important development.
>>
>>389340629
>There's more character depth/story in the god damn Assassin's Creed advertisement festival than the full game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc1nJvoJ_9s
>>
>>389340941
>>389340629
The DLC also gives Gladio something resembling character traits too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xJa-ZkFl60
>>
>>389341018
>that sassy Prompto
what the fuck
>>
>>389339956
>Nope. The game is missing a lot of content

what anons mean is that while the game is finished in that it has an ending, it's objectively missing a lot of scenes because of time constrains. and I'm not talking over blown expectations here

if your question is: should I play this game now, the answer is the there is no point waiting for a "complete" edition. the game is as good as it will ever be.

my suggestion ? just play the game and get it over with. it's far from perfect but like every other FF game it has a certain charm.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.