[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let me start by saying Mass Effect 1 is the greatest game of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: unsurpassed.jpg (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
unsurpassed.jpg
153KB, 1920x1080px
Let me start by saying Mass Effect 1 is the greatest game of all time. No game in existence has better characters that the player can relate with, few pieces of literature or film can even come close, and especially not the garbage writing of most other video games.

Despite the alleged "clunkiness", the combat is fresh and fun even after repeated playthroughs, offering wide variety through the various classes, weapons, and party combinations. Want to take out everything on foot in the vehicle sections? You can. Want to be the tank of the group that soaks up all the damage? You can. Want to be the support character? You can.

It has the best world building in any video game. Even without the lore that Mass Effect 2 and 3 expand upon (and ultimately ruin), Mass Effect 1 has the most interesting and varied science fiction setting in all of video games. It has an attention to detail and consistency that all other video games lack, and a synthesis of lore and gameplay elements that other game developers should be taking classes on.

The audio is on point and has aged well, with each gun having a distinct sound that the player can tell apart from the other, to where they can tell what weapons enemy NPCs are using without even having to see them to confirm.

The exploration is unmatched, with countless meaningful sidequests being available to the player that they never have to see. You can do all 50+ side quests on the Citadel, or the 50+ side quests available on all the optional planets and have a 60 hour emotional adventure with some of the best characters in all of video games, or you can skip all that and rush the main story missions and be done in 10 hours. Your choice. Because unlike 99% of other """""rpgs""""", your choices are actually respected and matter.

Please discuss this legendary masterpiece and why people who naysay it have autism. Fuck Deus Ex. Fuck Morrowind. Fuck Witcher 3. Fuck Breath of the Wild. This is the GOTYAY and is still unsurpassed.
>>
I like how nobody can prove me wrong and are too cowardly to do so. Pretty funny how neo/v/ shuts up when actual truth is dropped in front of them since they have no argument against it.
>>
>>389335189
Hey I like ME1 too
>>
>>389335189
I don't want to think about how much I loved me 1. I loved everything about. Especially the music. It had such a great atmosphere. But everything went down the drain and me andromeda just took a shit on the already broken franchise. It just makes me sad to think about what could have been...
>>
>>389336217
Don't bother. Ignore the fake tumblr tards who wear the bioware name and ignore the normalfags who buy their garbage and enjoy the fact that you know what's good and what's not. Aside from the hack director and writer of Mass Effect 3, nobody who worked on the original trilogy even worked on Andromeda. And only a few people who worked on 1 even worked on 2 or 3 to begin with.
>>
File: 1504543062409.gif (262KB, 242x195px) Image search: [Google]
1504543062409.gif
262KB, 242x195px
>>389335189
but the combat is clunky
>>
It's a really good game. Shame the other games didn't even want to pretend to be RPGs anymore.
>>
>>389336349
Only if you're a brainlet help helper poster like yourself.
>>
>>389335930
ME1 is pretty good alright. I don't know who are you picking a fight with.
>>
>>389336410
Degenerates who try to pretend Mass Effect 2 or any other piss poor attempt at an "RPG" the past few generations that said degenerates try to shill. I'm tired of Gears of War fags and waifuniggers shilling 2 and 3 over 1. Letting them do so is what makes others think it's alright and let devs know that it's okay to pander to said retards instead of trying to make a good RPG that could potentially surpass ME1 instead of aiming for perpetual mediocrity.
>>
>you can be either good goy and do all the quests properly, or be a dick, and there is a linear slider for it
>good writing

Lmao
>>
mass effect 2 is better than mass effect 1 if you're not autistic
>>
>>389336674
Yes I know you like the shooty shooty explosions in Gears of War. But hey, there are giant worms in Mass Effect 1 as well! They don't sink cities though, so I'm afraid you won't feel entirely at home :(
>>
>>389336717
gears of war is a better game than mass effect 1.
>>
>>389336765
Yes, I know (You) like the corridor action, now go away and enjoy it you casual.
>>
>>389335930
>acts like a child when no one argues with his childish post.

Obviously nothing to see here.
>>
>>389336818
>likes mass effect
>calls other people casual

You probably think mass effect 1 is a good example of an RPG too.
>>
>>389336828
>I have no arguments but I must post
Yes very good. I accept your defeat.
>>
>>389336514
You must hang out on Reddit anf Neogaf all day.
You have to go back.
>>
>>389336885
You're probably familiar with those places since you came from there to try and shill turds like Mass Effect 2 over 1.
>>
>>389335930
It's because we all like it, dumbass
>>
>>389337103
That's funny because you're probably a newfag who hasn't even seen all the recent shill threads trying to put Retcon Effect 2 over 1 for the sake of being a contrarian faggot. You should lurk more.
>>
>OP makes obvious bait thread
>people still feel the need to reply to it
>>
>>389337229
Care to explain how anything I said is wrong or are you just going to call "bait" on anything you can't prove wrong?
>>
>stupid ME2 niggers can't even come up with arguments for why their game is anything other than putrid shit
>>
Laughing all the way to page 10. Hope you stupid niggers die from AIDS.
>>
>>389335189
I've never even played the game and even I know this is all right. Is it still worth playing in current year?
>>
>>389338049
Of course it is. It's aged very well.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.