[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Scorn gameplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 508
Thread images: 74

File: Scorn.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Scorn.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gug_0mNhg4k
>>
>>389327765
While I can kinda get what this game is going for as some of this does feel genuinely unsettling, it still feels extremely bland, as if you're walking through concept art and not an actual game.

Maybe its just that this is the game's tutorial level or something I dunno
>>
>>389328005
It's hard to tell at this point, it feels like they showed this trailer off as a proof that there is working gameplay if you ask me. The devs did mention every area being it's own thing so who knows?

If anything, nobody can call it a 'walking sim' anymore.
>>
>>389327765
What the fuck is it any way besides a Geiger wankfest? Is it suppose to be an alien hell?
>>
I love how people shit all over things before they've even played it.

So far it looks super cool, I hope the actual game is a bit more fast paced though. I love the enemies and weapons. And I love the detail like when you reload. Cannot wait to learn what the story/setting is all about.
>>
>>389327765
There isn't going to be nearly enough architecture, creatures and technology that look like penises in this game.
>>
Looks like another shitty walking simulator. Why the fuck did Amnesia have to ruin the horror genre?
>>
>>389328349
Not purely Geiger based
>>
>>389328224
The world is supposed to be a mystery for you to unravel so I doubt they're gonna be explaining it anytime soon. Is it the future? Is it another dimension? Is it hell? We'll find out I guess.

>>389328328
I like the ability to check your 'ammo count' if you can call it that. If what the devs said before is true, ammo economy is gonna be important.

>>389328349
That would get old pretty fast.
>>
>>389328387
Silent Hill was a walking simulator too
>>
>>389328005
Agony gameplay feels more like a walking simulator from what i've seen. i fucking hated outlast because of this and i'm not gettting my hopes up since it might just be another spook simulator
>>
>>389327765
apart from the visuals it looks like a pretty bog standard FPS.

>keycard
>but gross and creepy
>shotgun
>but gross and creepy
>pistol
>but gross and crepey.
>>
Game looks fucking awesome but I highly doubt it'll ever come out
>>
Looks like it's fucking scripted to me.
>>
>>389328446
I like that you have so many highly responsive things to say, its not at all conspicuous.
>>
sombertapestry
>>
>>389328626
Buddy, I'd die for them to pay me to shill this game, because I fucking will shill this until your eyes bleed.

And also because I've got half an hour to spare so I might as well talk about a game I like. You know, it's what /v/ should be about, instead of shitting itself about SJWs and console bullshit.
>>
File: 1450080740151.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1450080740151.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
Anyone else got hungry watching this trailer?
>>
>>389328387
Can games be walking simulators even if they have combat now?
>>
>>389328519
same
>>
>>389328446
We already played Yume Nikki. No matter what the "world" turns out to be, it will be a disappointment. The idea of "checking your ammo" is fucking stupid. Why would anyone want to halt the game, stand there, and wait for a slow as fuck animation of you pulling your dumb organic weapon apart to check the ammo? Just for the sake of non-existent immersion? Because it's so obviously scripted that you can see what is going to happen from a mile away, so you'll always be aware you're playing a fucking video game.

You really need to learn to shill.

>>389328775
>Make a dumb post which reveals you are a viral marketer
>Misdirect attention to the "quality of the board," and suggest you are talking about video games you like, when this game isn't out, and doesn't even look halfway decent as though that counters the fact that you are a shill
Every shill uses this tactic when they're called out.

>>389328854
Yes, if it's slow, tedious, and heavily scripted.
>>
>>389328328
>I love how people shit all over things before they've even played it.
Are you an indie dev? You sound like one.
>>
>>389328512
This is totally my problem with it. Why is the gun not like the bio-organism on your arm and not just a gross gun complete with a trigger.
>>
Scorn is for pussies too scared to play Agony
>>
>>389329101
Wow, that attempt to be a counter-troll to respond to yourself to further your viral marketing scheme was fucking pathetic. There is no conflict between Scorn and Agony, because we all know Scorn is to Agony what Battleborn is to Overwatch. They are both shitty games, and it is just coincidence that Scorn is less interesting and chose a poor time to reveal itself.
>>
I didn't give you permission to reply to me, pretentious cuntrag.
>>
>>389329034
This should have been a rip and tear kind of game, grow organic kill tools like prototype. Why the fuck is it a generic shooter with gross guns?
>>
>>389328916
Sure I'm a shill, if it helps you feel better. I wish I got paid for it though.

>>389329034
I admit that it is a shame since concept art showed it plugging into your characters arm. Maybe it's still there but we don't see it. At least it's still 'modular'.
>>
>>389329275
Are you looking for a fight? I will beat the shit out of you, so you better watch when you reply to me. Just thank yourself you don't know how to quote properly or I would fucking destroy you, kiddo.
>>
Anyone else reminded of Existenz?

Especially the gun.
>>
>you get this crazy looking living gun worm thing
>it sounds and shoots just like a normal gun
>>
>>389329353
Yeah the guns are a dead-ringer. The organic 'consoles' were probably an inspiration too.
>>
>>389327765
Gameplay looks a bit generic, but its no where near done so that MIGHT change.

This and Agony look more like concept art showcases.
Agony -> blood and gore hell with TITS and BUTTS
Scorn -> Geiger and that one guy whose slav name escapes me hell, with Mutants and Guns

At least Agony is somewhat unique, with the whole possession thing
>>
Looks like a Tool music video
>>
>All enemies are worm fetuses
>And you just blast them with your shotgun
Wow, great game.
>>
>>389327765
Mite b cool. I'd rather support PC devs aping something cool like Geiger and Beksinki, although much squishier, then the endless slog of open world survival crating bullshit. I prefer a standard fps backdrop, more engaging than just a walking simulator so fucking bring it on. One thing I like though is that your character belongs to this world as opposed to the usual John Smith Fuckbody transported into it, trying to return to earf. Only complaint, which is minor, is the gun sound design. Sounds like standard guns but you're using a modular flesh receiver, give us some cooler sounds there bois.
>>
File: deacon.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
deacon.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>389327765
Wiell, ye know what deys say; ye cant spell scorn without "corn". Ah reckon it's tahm to plays me sum videogaems.
>>
File: scorn.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
scorn.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>389327765
This is some serious autism on my part but from the hands in first person view it looks like they changed the protagonist to be a lot more human rather than the weird flesh alien that was the protagonist of the original trailer. I was expecting this game to be 100% surreal with no human elements so I'll be disappointed if the main character is just a regular guy now.
>>
>>389329515
>that one guy whose slav name escapes me
beksinski
>>
>>389329597
I was disappointed about that too, though considering how that weird plug device on their hand is 'attached' to them, maybe it'll change over time?
>>
>>389328916
This is the average /v/ poster ladies and gentlemen. Tin-foil hat wearing, everyone is a shill and with one 6 minute video has the entire game figured out and determined it's shit.
>>
>>389327765

looks like a walking simulator with minimal shooting elements, apart from the visuals I don't really see anything interesting here.
>>
>>389328949
Are you a an edgy cynic? You sound like one.
>>
I find it concerning that the devs thought that trailer was the best representation of their project's gameplay.

It just looks like a slow, cumbersome game where you walk around fancy environments with fps elements that the publisher forced the devs to include so they would have something to advertise to casuals.
>>
File: Beksinski-2.jpg (762KB, 1050x1086px) Image search: [Google]
Beksinski-2.jpg
762KB, 1050x1086px
>>389329651
There we go
Im a fan of his work, but that name keeps fucking me up
>>
>>389329663
>and with one 6 minute video has the entire game figured out and determined it's shit
If people already think your game is shit after only being exposed to six minutes worth of gameplay, then you are doing something wrong.
>>
>>389329101
>Agony
>WELCOME TO HELL MOTHER FUCKER RAAAAAWR DEMONSSSS HELLLLL HELLLL IS WHERE YOU ARRRRRRE YOU WILL DIE IN HELLLLLL
Game is subtle as a kid with ADHD and a shit in his pants running around screaming. Exists solely for youtube fucks playing and screaming at it.
>>
>>389329726
So I was right. Cool.
>>
File: TOOT.jpg (87KB, 800x781px) Image search: [Google]
TOOT.jpg
87KB, 800x781px
>>389329742
>>
>>389329742
Actually it's Beksiński, but that requires keys you don't have on your keyboard. Don't worry anon it's a Polish name, even we have a hard time getting those right.
>>
>>389328916
Nice, post bro!! :D LMAO that showed them. Fucking stupid walking simulator shit.

btw, wanna play some Overwatch, bro? ;) Now this game is AWESOMEBALLS.

Fuck off, asshole. This game is one of the most promising horror titles we've had in fucking decades.
>>
>>389329597
It seems like the perfect game to have a protagonist that slowly gets corrupted by the environment and gets more and more weird and disgusting though. Body horror is better when there is a gradual change I'd say. I hope it's what happens here.
>>
>>389329742
>Beksinski was murdered by his nephew over a few Zloty
There is no justice in this world.
>>
File: angery lizard screech.jpg (31KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
angery lizard screech.jpg
31KB, 540x540px
>>389328626
>discuss video games
>"you are a shill"

>don't discuss videogames
>"not videogames"

this board is a true depiction of hell
>>
File: 1412026822315.jpg (7KB, 206x250px) Image search: [Google]
1412026822315.jpg
7KB, 206x250px
>>389330003
>anon explains why he thinks the game looks like shit
>your retort is fuck off
Yikes.
>>
>>389330003
>promising horror
lmao no
>>
>>389330050
Don't remind me, that documentary I saw about his life is one of the most depressing things I've seen.

I'm glad his legacy lives on and inspires other artists at least.
>>
>>389330050
What the fuck is Zlotyl? And if it's some fucking polish candy that motherfucker needs to be flayed alive and fed to wild dogs for killing a talented man over such stupid shit.
>>
>>389328328
>Play
It's a fucking walking sim
>>
>>389329909
And yet, the concept of being in Hell is more interesting than a random planet which is just a ripoff of Silithid architecture and worms mixed with featherless birds and ripped off shadow ooze from Amnesia. Even if it's not original, and hasn't been original for centuries, it still at least has a story and favours the imagination. I cannot believe that the producers have the gall to pretend that there are "characters" to see in this mess of high-res garbage.

>>389330003
And how does this scripted dogshit look scary or atmospheric in the least? If you have the audacity to claim this is promising, let alone the most promising thing in "decades" knowing that horror video games have barely existed two decades, you better be able to justify feeling hype after 6 minutes of shallow, slow, boring gameplay.

As I said, the world is a wanna-be Yume Nikki premise that fails on every potential avenue.
>>
I am going to stop thinking about buying games I see shilled like this so un-apologetically on /v/ like we're retards who don't notice it, it has an awful superficial copper taste that makes me not want the people who made the game to get any money.
>>
>>389330143
It's our version of 'worthless slavbucks', it literally means 'golden' and as you can imagine, people will do anything for it.

Fuck this world.
>>
>>389330003
>This game is one of the most promising horror titles we've had in fucking decades
Not that anon
Sure it is, but so far only visually. I love that devs are finally using Geiger and Beksinski artsyle besides Aliens, but its WAY too early to tell.

This and Agony bears watch, but a /v/irgin should know by now the dangers of hype
Unless your a newfag, or shill

>>389330143
Money. Not even that much. 1 Zloty is worth what, a quarter? less? and he got robbed for a 100 or so.
>>
>>389330120
Discussing video games and attempting to sell "video games" (read: walking simulators) are not the same thing.
>>
>>389327765
if this game is non stop body horror and geiger wank like what im seeing, im fucking sold.
>>
>>389330143

it's currency, I know because I googled it, you could have too friend.
>>
>>389330194
>Stop talking about videogames on the videogame board

You are one massive faggot
>>
>>389330189
>alright we have some dead bodys, bones, the color red, fire
>perfect hell
Buddy if that's more interesting to you then the game might actually be just a reflection of its target audience then.
>>
>>389330229
How are you excited by either Scorn or Agony? Since 2009 when Amnesia: The Dark Descent released, EVERY horror game has been a dumb walking simulator with shallow puzzles, interactable doors, and goofy, predictable enemies. Do you get hyped for this shit every couple weeks when a new trailer for this trite comes out, or are you still on the misbegotten high of actually enjoying Frictional's genre defining vomit?
>>
>>389330120
>filename
Yeah, you're a shill. Better luck next time.
>>
>>389330194
>people discussing video games
>SHILLS SHILLS SHILLLLLLLLS
This is you. This is where your choices have led you. You need to get off /v/ and reevaluate how it got so bad because your life has gone far past the point of being worth continuing.
>>
>>389330189
You know, this might just not be your type of gam then, really. I like it because of the atmosphere where the world is familiar but twisted out into an organic backdrop. I find it more interesting than "it's dark and there's demons with their tits out" especially since Agony's gameplay doesn't appeal to me.
>>
>>389330313
>How are you excited by either Scorn or Agony?

how are you not? video games are ascending to a level of really being to transport us to other worlds in VR

this represents a paradigm shift in gaming, something you can't understand because it hasn't occurred in your lifetime. and this will be big.
>>
Are there going to be any npcs you can talk to?
>>
>>389330289
The interesting part of Hell is already apparent in Agony's non-gameplay trailers, where they introduce some elements of the story. And being sent to Hell is not in itself new, but it is far more interesting than being dropped in a nonsense world with shallow body horror. There's a reason why Dante's Divine Comedy is still held up as being one of the best works of literature ever created, and a huge part of that is the demands of his Inferno, what it means for character design and setting. Agony's Hell so far doesn't surpass the shallow world of Scorn, that much we can admit, but the concept of Hell surpasses any dumb "dream scape" or "possible apocalyptic future" garbage the developers could dream of simply because it has tradition and appeals to the human imagination due to its pervasive relationship with modern culture.
>>
>>389330313
>Do you get hyped
I rarely get hype nowadays mate.
But as an amateur drawfag who loves and makes weird over-detailed shit like the ones Keith Thompson and Geiger makes, the artstyle is enough to interest me.

Will definitely pirate to see the first bits. If its not a complete dumpster fire I'll probably buy. But thats more the "artist" in me wanting to support the artstyle.
>>
>>389330361
Have you read the thread?
>>
>>389330050
>slavs

I work for a shitty regional online news resource in Russia and shit like this is so much more often than any of you can imagine. We have absolutely retarded murder cases almost every day. One time we had two drunkards who started fighting and the woman stabbed the man. They literally sat down to continue drinking afterwards until he fucking bleeded to death and she went to sleep in her room like no big deal.

>>389330121
You didn't explain shit.

>No matter what the "world" turns out to be, it will be a disappointment.
Absolutely baseless retarded assumption you've pulled out of your fat ass.

>The idea of "checking your ammo" is fucking stupid. Why would anyone want to halt the game, stand there, and wait for a slow as fuck animation of you pulling your dumb organic weapon apart to check the ammo?
Because it's going to add a great amount of suspense and tactical element. You will have to be careful about managing your ammo and picking an opening to reload under threat of being attacked. These things are extremely important in horror and honestly I can't see how someone couldn't understand such simple thing. Go play fucking nu-Doom if you want non-stop shootan action.

>non-existent immersion?
And here is you just being a contrarian fuck just for the sake of it.

Like I said you've explained fuck all.
>>
>>389330418
On one hand that would be a nice twist, but on the other I doubt it. Then again if they have the time to work on all this then who knows.

They did promise the world would tell it's own story so I just assumed it's gonna be a silent game.
>>
File: 1498485496449.png (640KB, 561x596px) Image search: [Google]
1498485496449.png
640KB, 561x596px
>>389327765
I feel queasy watching this, don't think I could play it
>>
>>389330445
I can't even think of a game where the character is sent to hell where they aren't some kind of spess mahrine or soldier who can fight through demons without it being an issue, at least Agony is treating it like the nightmare it would be.
>>
File: WE.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
WE.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>389328916
>We

Please lay off the LEEJUN mentality, makes you sound like an autist desperately trying to fit in.
>>
>>389330445
it's so weird that you bring up divine comedy right after "shallow body horror"

methinks you've not read the comedy
>>
Looks kinda neat. Maybe it was supposed to just be "cinematic," and mirror how a real person in that situation would act, but it seemed very silly how afraid he was of that basic enemy type. They seemed very slow and non-threatening, so cowering at the end of a hallway for one to leave, or having a "nope" moment at the door when there were just three of them seemed weird. Like, I understand why a real person would avoid fighting them, but for a game enemy it seems like you could easily outrun or kill them.

Also, a little disappointing how despite the large amount of effort that goes into making the gun LOOK weird, it sounds and acts very generic. It'd be nice if the weirdness were more than just aesthetics, and it didn't conform to such a basic pistol/shotgun starting combo.
>>
>>389330445
Who said anything about Scorn being post-apocalyptic or dream scape? And even if it is post-apocalyptic then it's a different world's versions as opposed to what we expect it to be on earth. Your argument for hell has no water because it's easily flipped around, man alive is there are more copied environment? Than hell? Think of all the games in the last 10 years that have featured some version of hell now give me a list of games that feature some organic alien world where you aren't just some human transported there, like you are in every hell again, you're a creature of this world whose role is still a mystery. The wins points for me right there because we all know how Agony is going to play out. I need to escape I need to find X I need to submit and take my place. Who knows what you this scab creature has reason to be in the world of Scorn. There's nothing new under the sun so we're at a choice we can either have a copy of a copy (Scorn) or a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy (Agony).
>>
>>389327765
Damn, everything about this looks so disgusting and cool at the same time. Any word on whether it'll be on consoles? I'm a poorfag so I probably won't be able to run this on my PC.
>>
>>389330501
>You didn't explain shit.
I'm not even that anon. Why would I refer to myself in the third person?

Work on your reading comprehension and stop acting like a mongoloid.
>>
File: hurf.png (26KB, 1102x160px) Image search: [Google]
hurf.png
26KB, 1102x160px
hmm
>>
>>389330553
Maybe it'll have storytelling like Dark Souls, where no one really straight up explains everything to you and you have to piece it all together for yourself.
>>
>>389330414
Because I understand VR is a terrible concept due to the fact that one has to stand in a retarded baby jumper to even be able to overcome the difficulty of movement, before they have to take themselves out of the game due to the nausea and headaches. The control scheme is non-appealing to horror because it is non-immersive. Nothing about how VR games control feels like reality, and it's better to have simple controllers like a mouse and keyboard one doesn't have to think about due to decades of use than it is to have clunky headsets and glitchy wands. Even then, the world isn't an interesting place to visit--which we can see from the trailer itself. It's just a wasteland with recycled textures.

>>389330589
Which is why Agony is at least marginally more impressive than Scorn, because it is one of the few circumstances where it is appropriate for the protagonist to give into the cliche of being "too weak to fight back," but even then, they're able to bring in something new by having the possession mechanic--which can escape the horrible flaws of that "run and hide" system.

>>389330501
If you think the world is interesting, offer a creative and exciting story for it. As I pointed out with the other poster, the ideas that it's an apocalyptic future or a dream are dumb, and we saw one of those in Yume Nikki already. Enemies don't move fast enough in any of these games for this to be "tactical," and there's a lot of better ways to manage your ammo than making clunky, slow weapons that take a long time to reload. And we already have seen games that limit ammo or have no ammo, and thus essentially, no gameplay, are awful. Scorn's one saving grace is that it has firearms, but if it's going to pretend there's anything unique about simply making them unfun, tedious items with unimmersive animations--then it has no hope of being exciting. Nothing about a firearm is ever "suspenseful."
>>
>>389330445
> nonsense world with shallow body horror

That appeals to me much more than Agony's depiction of hell. Not to mention you're literally talking about a game that has teeth doors and ribcage walls for no reason too, so I don't know where you get off.

>>389330478
>Keith Thompson

Nice.

I would agree with most points you make, especially as someone who tries to draw body horror myself - games like this Silent Hill and (to a lesser extent) Dead Space are always a great source of inspiration for me. Even if this game turns out to be bad, I'd still support it if only for the art and because I can stomach a few flaws if the rest is appealing.
>>
File: file.png (1KB, 304x39px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1KB, 304x39px
every thread

guys
some people like videogames, and some people like posting new things in order to get lots of (you)'s. It's not some conspiracy to brainwash shitposters on /v/.
>>
>>389330823
I wish the shill meme was real desu. I'd love to get paid to shitpost on 4chan.
>>
>walking simulator
Because he didn't run?

Looks like basic survival horror to me.
>You explore levels
>Solve puzzles
>Check your ammo

Is Myth a walking simulator? Is the Resident Evil series a walking simulator? Help me out, /v/. You seem to be retarded.
>>
>>389330817
ah so you haven't used a VR thing
>>
>>389330823
Just stop you fucking shill shilling shill
>>
>>389330775
Don't post that here. The shill might get angry and leave a nasty response.
>>
>>389328916
>doesn't even look halfway decent
Some people have different opinions than your own. A game that you may dislike may be liked by others.

I'm sure your handlers tried to teach you this but it helps to be reminded
>>
>>389330189
>scripted dogshit
Would you rather a Ubisoft-tier open world questathon?
>>
>Organic guns
>They sound like gunpowder guns

Really expected something else.
>>
File: 1329289712755.png (27KB, 160x70px) Image search: [Google]
1329289712755.png
27KB, 160x70px
>>389330817
>tfw to evolved to get nausea and headaches from VR
>>
>>389330810
That's probably going to be it, but I can't decide if that's good or bad. On one hand I don't expect an infodump but on the other I would love to get SOME details about what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>389328509
At least Agony spawned titty demon lewds.
>>
File: 1403272261387.png (210KB, 475x513px) Image search: [Google]
1403272261387.png
210KB, 475x513px
>>389330892
>it's just your opinion!
What a joke. Who exactly are you reminding? That anon, or yourself because you can't handle him saying things you don't want to hear?
>>
>>389330817
What premise you wouldn't consider dumb then?

>some completely different plane of existence where character may have a goal but player may even be a separate simbiotic entity just taking control unaware of its motives
lol dumb

>an unusual depiction of literal Hell
lol dumb

>a dying mind of a mentally ill/damaged person trying to fix itself in the last few minutes before it stops functioning
lol dumb
>>
>>389330979

This. I thought they would fire some weird substance. kinda off putting now that it sounds normal.
>>
>>389330868
I think it's called a walking sim because it's first person. RE7 was called a walking sim too even though it's not.
>>
>>389330597
It's called the royal we, to refer to the community of viewers who Scorn is being sold to, and in most circumstances, those with a history of playing video games will have seen their concept of a story which is presented totally through gameplay without cutscenes in Yume Nikki, especially when you're dropped into a situation with no explanations. The only change we're experiencing with Scorn is that now it has better graphics, but worse creativity and they've written themselves into a corner by focusing on unimaginative body horror settings.

>>389330646
Which I have, and of all the body horror in the comedy, there isn't ANY part of it you can say is shallow because it was all deeply thought out, brand new, and related to character design and story--whereas Scorn is attempting to be weird and shocking, rather than meaningful as in Alighieri's work.

>>389330737
The viral marketer, representing the developer's own possession said it "may be the future, or a dream," which they've also implied with their own language on the "about" section of their website. Scorn's world just doesn't have anything in it, and due to their choice of comparing it to dreamscapes, they've revealed they have no interesting ideas with which to fill it in. This is because dreams don't actually mean anything, they're random information, and when you've settled on a theme for them, namely the organic structures of Scorn, you've limited your potential for the power of dreams anyway. As I've said to others, can you present a single interesting explanation for Scorn's world that isn't just some dumb Zerg, Amnesia, Half-Life, etc. ripoff? Hell has a story due to a long history, Scorn's world has nothing, which is why it looks so boring.
>>
>>389327765
Reminds me heavily of Geiger, that's for sure. And a bit of Bekinsky. The combat seems exceptionally slow, but not bad.
>That painstaking animation of putting each bullet in the flesh-thing
I imagine the full first half will not instantly give you the Green access chip, overall, looks pleasant with great visuals, but nothing to write home about.
>>
>>389330979
Yeah that was a little disappointing, hopefully they'll change that because right now it feels like they just wanted to add 'standard' guns that just look weird.
>>
>>389331060
You accused the other anon of lying about liking the game, with your reasoning being that "the game was bad".
>>
File: 1504419346095.png (166KB, 252x352px) Image search: [Google]
1504419346095.png
166KB, 252x352px
Where can a Jewish Nigga get the demon for Agony? I need to do research on demonesses.
>>
>>389331140
That's what bugged me as well. The gunplay is going to be a huge pain in the ass if reloading is that damn slow.
>>
>>389330979
This
Should have sounded more organic, or just fucking strange.
Make the sound either
>squicks
>splurts
>energy sounds
>screams
>layered screams
>whispers
>cryptic clues of the world
>>
>>389330979
It struck me as way too... videogamey.
Guns don't -really- belong in that kind of setting and it felt kinda convoluted to cram them in somehow
>>
File: bronnkek.jpg (60KB, 579x709px) Image search: [Google]
bronnkek.jpg
60KB, 579x709px
>>389331219
>>cryptic clues of the world
>Vaatividya narrates the lore of the game every time you shoot
>>
File: 1407532865789.png (31KB, 184x173px) Image search: [Google]
1407532865789.png
31KB, 184x173px
>>389331174
>You accused
I haven't accused anyone, you moron. Why would I say "That anon" and "him" if I was referring to myself?
>>
>>389329597
It's pretty obvious he's going to become more mutated as the game progresses anon
>>
>>389331219
If our physics apply to the universe of tha game in any way, wouldn't something propelling a projectile at high speed imply that there should be a loud noise? I am no ballistics expert, just assumed.
>>
>>389327765
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uamLtoe1II4

should've gotten scorn to do the ost
>>
>>389331331
whoops

okay, well in that case, anon A accused anon B of lying about liking the game
>>
>>389329515
>At least Agony is somewhat unique, with the whole possession thing
That's the main thing I am interested in with Agony and almost everything seems to focus on everything in Agony except that. Like that should be the thing front and center for it.
>>
>>389330821
And Agony is essentially a bad game, but because it's linked to Hell, it becomes marginally better due to the history and how Hell appeals to human imagination. Hell is in itself a well-established form which I can create in your mind with ease, the minute I mention it, numerous ideas fill into your head, and innumerable possible stories, depictions, sins, conversations, etc. Dante's Cocytus is, for example, better than most any setting ever created in any game, or any piece of literature.

>>389331107
Your first example isn't a story or setting but a hypothetical description of biology, which is in itself, exactly that: boring. It would be more interesting to play one of those ant simulator games, or fucking Spore.

If they want to call it Hell, but it has no traditional or religious background, it's just a failed and uninteresting depiction of it. There is such a thing as "stealing like an artist" and there is nothing interesting about being unusual if it doesn't make any sense. Why would it be Hell, because it's supposedly scary? Doesn't seem very scary at all, in fact, you have a ridiculous firearm, so if anything, you feel like more of a space marine than most stories about Hell.

At least your final idea is decent, so I'll give you that--but if they want to do that, they really need to leap to some new boundaries and use some imagination. I would be impressed and interested in the game if they actually chose to go with the final route, now the only problem is rationalizing it in the game world, instead of using their unexplainable cliches they've shown in their gameplay trailers.
>>
>>389331137
I would disagree - Hell is somethign everyone knows about so there really isn't much to be shocked about. It's a concept that even if you put a new twist on will remain the same in it's general idea, no matter how many weirdo titty demons and man-faced babies you put into.

Scorn's world has the potential to be something new. Is it gonna be dumb alien bullshit that's disappointing? Maybe, we don't fucking know. It's kind of weird to see your praise a game that's not released for it's 'original spin' then shit on another unreleased game where what the world is supposed to be is a part of the appeal. It could be just a difference of opinions though, but your insistence on shitting on the game feels a bit forced.

Also you seem to fall onto Yume Nikki comparison a lot too, not to mention you lump everyone interested in those games into one category which is pretty pompous of you to do. And if you think 'dreams' mean nothing, I advise you to read the Dream Cycle or play Bloodborne. Nobody said it's YOUR dream after all.
>>
>>389331197
Trade humanity for movement speed, reload speed, better vision, sensing how much ammo is in the weapon (ammo counter)?
>>
>>389331368
Sure, in our physics.
But the universe in-game is clearly not normal.
If you're gonna go weird, might as well go full weird
>>
>no release date

Oh I forgot about this. Looks incredible put I doubt it'll ever come out. Gonna forget about it again now
>>
>>389328775
>>389330120
I'm not complaining about talking about video games. I'm complaining about unnatural speech patterns that no human being would use unless under duress, which means either the obvious, or one has never talked to another person before.
>>
>>389327765
Ammo check needs to be faster. Think Red Orchestra 2.
I hope most of the game isn't those hallways.
Other than that the trailer hasn't shown me enough to make a judgement.
>>
File: 1400044496297.jpg (145KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1400044496297.jpg
145KB, 720x960px
>It's another "20 year old who takes adderall and has bad, forceful opinions" thread on 4chan

oh boy
>>
>>389331525
The consequence of posting on /v/. You just need to pick through and find the people who actually want to discuss the game.
>>
>>389329593
COMMENCE THE JIGGLIN!
>>
ODD FORMS

AND

SOMBER

TAPESTRY
>>
>>389330719
Ammo conservation. He had very few shots.

> it sounds and acts very generic
Yeah. you'd think it'd fire spikes of bone or gobs of acid. At least make it fire odd energy bolts.
>>
>>389330120
Don't forget

>If it isn't "ur a shill" or "not vidya" it's political/GG bullshit.
>>
>>389329909
At least Agony has a gameplay mechanic with possession. But you likely don't care about gameplay.
>>
>>389331607
Maybe you'll be able to get different ammo types later on in the game?
>>
>>389331452
Everyone knows about Hell, but that doesn't change that the oldest story about it, and the one which set the bar for depictions of Hell in Dante isn't shocking. Hell doesn't have to be shocking, though it can be, because Hell is supposed to be depressing and potentially frightening. The Inferno cannot hurt Dante, but is meant to inspire pity in its terror--which some parts of Agony do well with the appearance of the bagged-head characters, or those people who are being trampled by demons.

Scorn's world has the potential to be something new, but it's unlikely to be anything new. There is almost a certainty it won't, because despite all of the "progress" they've made, they've shown no attempt to be new at all, and have done less than most deep sea games. As I've said to others, sometimes being unusual isn't a recipe for success. There is such a thing known as "stealing like an artist," and though we could easily say Scorn is stealing a lot, it isn't stealing anything good, and what it invents is unimaginative.

Bloodborne is one of the few games which did dream worlds well, because they were rationalized and really... nothing like dreams. But Bloodborne was also a world that wasn't told entirely through gameplay, the world of Bloodborne was revealed through writing, dialogue, and numerous cutscenes. Yume Nikki is more comparable to Scorn because there's nothing to interact with, nothing to do, and no explanation for the setting--which is a recipe for disaster, and why Yume Nikki allows you to go back to Madotsuki's room, so you can come up with dumb theories about her being raped and why she's a recluse.
>>
>>389327765
>bone guns
We eXistenZ now.
>>
>>389330868
>Is Myth a walking simulator?
This is a good question

Where do you draw the line between puzzle game and walking simulator?
>>
>>389331704
the existence of scorn has revealed to me that 30x more people know about existenz than i ever imagined

they 100% got the idea from there which im sure 100% got the idea from some sci fi book from the 80s
>>
>>389331571
>You just need to pick through and suck off the people who have opinions that align with my own.
>>
>>389330386
>>389330289
>>389330964
>>389330189
>>389329909
>>389329101
>>389331668
this is like reading the youtube comment section
grow the fuck up
>>
>>389331726
I was considering this the other day and I decided that myst is definitely a walking simulator

the attraction at the time was the vistas as much as the puzzles, if not moreso. The vast majority of people had never seen impressive, artful computer graphics like that and I have heard multiple older people tell me about how they spent weeks beating the puzzles *just to see the next movie sequence* and it felt like the reward.
>>
File: 1365991824222.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1365991824222.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>389331140
>Reminds me heavily of Geiger, that's for sure. And a bit of Bekinsky.

That's obviously the point
>>
File: ScornPS4.png (87KB, 711x364px) Image search: [Google]
ScornPS4.png
87KB, 711x364px
I got this response from the devs a long while back when it first was shown off. In case some of you are like me and don't bother with PC anymore.

>>389331669
That's possible, but I still think "generic gun" isn't a great thing for this game to offer.

Maybe just a change to the sound design and particle effects would do it. It just reacts too much like you'd expect a normal gun to react. I get they want the gameplay itaelf to be straight forwards, but that sound needs to be "weirded" up a few notches
>>
>>389331743
What book?
When I saw it, first thing I thought was 'Videodrome'
>>
>>389331864
I don't know I am positing the existence of such a book. I bet theres a bio gun in some generic shitty sci fi book. Good stuff is always ripped off from somewhere lol
>>
>>389327765
I hope this game isn't this boring without E3 demo playing style. All the animations look like they take forever to do anything and the enemies are not threatening at all. Kind of reminds me of Silent Hill's creature designs. All of them don't do shit and you can easily run past them.

Looks cool though, but I could see this art design getting old pretty fast, hopefully they have moments of color and crazier designs.
>>
>>389331452
Original doesn't mean good. There's a lot of stories which use old premises with only marginal twists, such as how many people steal from Shakespeare, and yet they're all excellent and the comparison with the ideas of others only improves upon them. The fact that everyone knows about Hell is part of the appeal of Hell, because it fuels their own creativity and offers meaningful plots.
>>
>>389331853
Looks like a perfect PS4 game to me. All graphics, no substance.
>>
>Biological tech

Ugh, I'd rather Synthetic.
>>
Looks retarded desu
>woww flesh guns so gross and creepy
>woww meat and blood on the floor everything is so infested and icky xD

Looks like bioshock with an HR Geiger skin except it fails to be interesting in the least.
>>
>>389331137
It's hard to criticise depth and lore and details in something purely based on promotional material and scripted trailers.
There could very well be a perfect explanation for everything that they just haven't told you because the game isn't out yet
>Yume Nikki is more comparable to Scorn because there's nothing to interact with, nothing to do, and no explanation for the setting
You do not know this, and even if it were true, it is not necessarily a bad thing.

>>389331571
God
I've noticed a massive tendency in angry /v/ types to constantly espouse their opinions as facts. Nobody ever says that they "liked" or "disliked" anything. Nobody says that they had fun with a game or didnt't enjoy it; they always say that it's Shit, or maybe it's decent. It's taken for granted that hate is the smart opinion and that liking something makes you dumb (and that most of the people claiming to like things have an ulterior motive and secretly hates them.)

>>389330868
Sometimes people wanna make a game about a cool place with nice atmosphere that doesn't necessarily have a lot of room for fast paced gunfighting or overly complex puzzles or any really meaty gameplay mechanics
>>
>>389332045
Like everything else out there? Just go play any other sci fi shooter.
>>
>>389331702
Your rationalization for it is good, but I cannot exactly agree with it. I find Agony to be rather tedious despire it's admittedly nice aesthetic because it's gameplay and story doesn't appeal to me. Comparing it to Dante's Inferno seems like a bit of a stretch too if you ask me. It's a damn good book but it's also not some perfect unreachable pinnacle of ltierature, especially since it feels like a self-insert fanfiction at times.

Like I said, the world of Scorn appeals to me BECAUSE I know nothing about it and it's a mystery. I'm interested in seeing the how and why, if possible. And for that matter, while it is 'stealing' a lot I would call it far from unimaginatve.

At this point, I'm not sure if there's much to discuss anyways, because it feels like we can throw those arguments ad infinitum since we just seem to want different things from a game like this. Still, I appreciate the time you took to explain it.
>>
>>389327765

The slow animation was so goddamn fucking stupid and completely immersion breaking

why didn't they just make reloading faster by feeding the barrel creature ammo as food

gameplay needs to be way faster right now it still looks in an alpha state.
>>
>>389332087
>Sometimes people wanna make a game about a cool place with nice atmosphere that doesn't necessarily have a lot of room for fast paced gunfighting or overly complex puzzles or any really meaty gameplay mechanics
Doesn't sound like much of a game, then. Why would I bother purchasing something like that when I could just get the same experience watching a playthrough of it on youtube?
>>
>>389327765
shallow as fuck fps with stolen geiger artstyle

6/10
>>
>>389332087
If the promotional material and scripted trailers are any evidence, then we can make our final evaluation, that Scorn will have no depth or lore and it's details are irrelevant because the general premise itself is bad. They wrote themselves into a corner by making it all about body horror, and they worsened it by making generic alien enemies which are either based on human babies, jellyfish, or plants; which you then shoot with a gun. Walking simulators are often bad the world, but can make up for it with opportunities to write. Frictional Games knows this much, at least, which is why it will often uses cutscenes, dialogue, and written documents--all of which will feel out of place in Scorn; because they haven't even established grounds for a story by having a few quotations or suggestions to open up their trailers. And if you are sold on it just from the visual design, which is already unvaried, you are only going to be disappointed.
>>
>caring about gameplay
>doesn't aknowledge the difference of actually playing something and watching it

neck yourself, edgelord
>>
Very Geiger.
Very Blezzinsky.
Very cool. Very cool.

Memes aside, I dig the visuals, but gunplay looks slow, those exaggerated animations will get boring really soon.
Not sure if hyped.
>>
>>389332238
so you don't get some internet "personality" screaming into a facecam I suppose

>>389332326
>If the promotional material and scripted trailers are any evidence, then we can make our final evaluation
No we can't, obviously.
>>
>>389332381
>so you don't get some internet "personality" screaming into a facecam I suppose
There are plenty of walkthroughs for new games that feature no commentary. Try again.
>>
The reload animation is kinda long but I'm actually kinda excited for it. If the story presents itself well then I don't see why this couldn't be a good, slower paced FPS.
>>
File: 035.png (79KB, 457x472px) Image search: [Google]
035.png
79KB, 457x472px
Looks really cool but not sure about the gameplay, just seems like another BAM*chuckchuckreload*BAM shooter with really fancy aesthetics.
>>
File: 1497756024615.gif (3MB, 294x250px) Image search: [Google]
1497756024615.gif
3MB, 294x250px
>>389327765

Ran across the trailer on youtube

>Tfw you realize how well they nailed Giger's art style in a game.

Anyone else think overall the game looks very creepy to play with how everything looks like its made from bodies?
>>
>>389332117
Agony's world and potential story are pretty weak. The only comparison I'm making between Agony and Scorn is that Agony shows more potential in the moment because it has fallen back on a recognizable setting with numerous options for excellent characters, visuals, and conversations--all of which are sadly missing from its trailers, except for the nice "falling to Hell" and cloud aesthetic in a few of them. No matter what, that "lost potential" feeling of missing out on Heaven doesn't get old, because it's an ever-present anxiety in our culture. Humans can empathize with the setting and position of those in Agony, but so far there hasn't been shown an attempt to do this in Scorn. Dante's Inferno is near the pinnacle of literature, but I brought it up because it shows some of the best options for how one can do a varied afterlife setting, and even though its ideas have permeated through our cultural depiction of Hell, reading it for the first time, it still comes off as original.

A mystery is fine and dandy, but the problem is Scorn doesn't have a mystery, because it doesn't have much of a question. The world so far has no rationality to it, and would need severe overhauls for even the most basic possible explanations--and we both know it is just going to end in a generic "the mystery goes on," ending which doesn't explain anything because nowadays every game has to be Dark Souls.
>>
>>389332586
>Anyone else think overall the game looks very creepy to play with how everything looks like its made from bodies?
i think thats the point

>>389332604
>but the problem is Scorn doesn't have a mystery, because it doesn't have much of a question
How do you know?
>>
>ITT people making baseless assumptions about the game we've barely seen anything of and being contrarian assholes in general
>>
>>389332217
as much as i would like faster gameplay, you cant tell thats not what theyre going for.
>>
>>389331219
>screams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0TciYw5iIA
>>
>>389332708
Shut up you fuckin baby
>>
>>389332754
Yeah, it's like DooM 4. They slow it right down just so that the crowds can get a better view of the pretty models they painstakingly animated but speed it up again so that it doesn't get in the way of the mechanics.
>>
>>389332381
He's right. There's already numerous mediums which offer a purely visual exploration of some bozo's dumb idea for what a "cool alien world," could be and many books will already outpace Scorn. If you try to force that appeal into a video game, don't be surprised if you get criticized for making a bad game. Just like if a film has nothing but black text on white screens with intermittent live-action filming, it will be panned as a fucking awful movie, even if the director says, "Sometimes people just wanna make a movie about a cool narrative with nice writing that doesn't necessarily have a lot of room for visuals or sound or any really cameras at all," because they'd tell him to go write a fucking book, just like people who purchase video games don't want to buy a fucking shallow indie movie--which Scorn, so far, is.

>>389332697
Because you can sell a mystery premise with a question, and if they honestly had ANY good ideas, some of them would make their way into the promotional information. Instead, they say, "It is designed around the idea of "being thrown into the world". Isolated and lost," indicating that they don't intend for there to be any real story, since this is just following Dark Souls' lead of "don't explain anything, and thus the story will seem way deeper than it is." And furthermore, they solidify this fact by stating, "Remember to keep your eyes open – the game won’t show you any sympathy if you miss something important on your uneasy travels," which is designed to enthrall the childish sap who buys into this game by pretending there's "more than meets the eye." It's obvious they just wanted to test their visual capabilities, but not their minds or ability to write stories.
>>
>>389332604
Your analysis is so bad and centered entirely around beliefs you hold and selfishly believe are universal. Going to hell is cliche as fuck.
>>
Looking good so far. Glad they confirmed combat to some degree. I wonder if they are going to add a boss fight or what that would look like? I'm hoping for a massive creature to show up at some point.
>>
File: kornheiser lel.jpg (19KB, 236x421px) Image search: [Google]
kornheiser lel.jpg
19KB, 236x421px
>>389332872
>get called out for your bullshit
>Sh-shut up!!!!
Stay classy /v/
>>
>>389332604
Again, I don't exactly see much appeal in the story of going to hell, neither do I emapthize much with it's inhabitants. Maybe the game will surprise me but I will admit I haven't been keeping track of it after it's gameplay left me uninterested.

As for Scorn, I would say the world is far more rational than you give it credit for. It's obvious that something or someone is using organic compontents to simulate technology. The question you think that doesn't exist? It's easy to find a lot of them: are humans the one who did it? Is it a different world that has no connection to ours? Is it truly a dream of something that imitates human technology? Is it mean to be this shitty or did something go wrong? There is much to find out if you WANT to know what's going on.

And it is far too early to judge a game that is unreleased by it's ending. It has the potential to be disappointing, that is true. But I would rather contentrate on the positives than negatives.
>>
>>389332981
And yet, it's better than going to an alien world which is made of bio-technology. That's why Hell has survived for centuries, and is still a pervasive cultural concern which people legitimately believe in, is impossible not to formulate in your mind, and has innumerable excellent opportunities for spoken lines, visual design, and sound design. A journey to Hell is ALWAYS going to be more emotionally stimulating, more frightening, and more interesting than being "dropped into a world without any background," or looking at malformed fetuses and jellyfish.
>>
>>389332375
I assumed that the slower, exaggerated animations were purely for the trailer and the actual animations will be sped up. I could be horribly wrong though.
>>
>>389330589
>I can't even think of a game where the character is sent to hell where they aren't some kind of spess mahrine or soldier who can fight through demons without it being an issue,
Slightly tangential but are there any games like that? That have you in hell and focus on the misery and hopelessness of it?
>>
I need this game and Agony to come out by Halloween. Perfect time to get my spooks going.
>>
>>389333160
LOL
>>
>>389333160
You mean Halloween 2018, right? Cause that's probably when Scorn will come out, at the earliest.
>>
>>389332989
>wahh everyones giving opinions that aren't 100% shilling
>f-fuckin contrarians

B I G
A
B
Y
>>
>>389333000
If that's your view, you're pretty stupid, and it's no wonder you don't comprehend or appreciate the Divine Comedy, as you have minimal empathy, minimal reading comprehension, and minimal imagination. The same sorry sod who ALWAYS prioritizes graphics in video games before story, because thinking is much harder than just passively experiencing things with your eyes.

All of your questions about the world are pretty fucking uninteresting, because Saya no Uta had better visuals and a better explanation from the first two minutes than Scorn has been able to accomplish with MOVING visuals in nearly thirty minutes. Want to know why this happened? Because Saya no Uta is essentially a book, it knew the right medium for its demonstration--whereas Scorn doesn't realize some arthouse experimental waste of time would be better suited than pretending to make a full-fledged game out of conceptual practice in 3D modeling.
>>
>>389333160
Right now the odds are in favor of neither game ever coming out.
>>
>>389333316
Hopefully this will come true. We don't need more nu-horror faggots buying up shitty five-hour singleplayer walking simulators and inspiring more developers to be the next Amnesia, but this time, with even less story.
>>
>>389331726
"Puzzle game" is a genre and "walking sim" is a derogatory term meant to ridicule games with minimal gameplay and interaction. So those two terms are not on a spectrum.
>>
>>389333316
Agony got pushed back because it got a publishing deal. I have every confidence it will release next year.
>>
>>389332979
I think being immersed in a world is something that videogames, as an interactive medium, does very well.

>>389333096
Opinions
Some people like squishy aliens more than fire and brimstone. Your argument here is "hell is really really cool".
Some people think geiger is really really cool.

And again, you're making massive assumptions that there is nothing more to the game than what you've gleaned from promotional material.

>>389333308
>if you don't like what I like then you're wrong and dumb
>>
>>389333305
Would be much better if your shitty fucking opinion was backed up by something.
>>
Guns look nice and heavy. Pretty satisfying. Its a little bit too slow for my taste though
also they put so much effort into scenary im worried this is gonna be a 6 hour game
>>
>>389333390
>nu-
Stop that.
>>
File: o-CRYING-BABY-facebook.jpg (181KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-CRYING-BABY-facebook.jpg
181KB, 2000x1000px
>>389333456
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>389333585
Says the one crying because people like things he doesn't.
>>
>>389333316
Scorn is already breaking the game into Part One and Two because they couldn't finish the full game in a timely manner. We won't see the end of this game.
>>
>>389333423
They can either do immersion well, or they can do it poorly. The problem with walking simulators is that they're always about slow, watching a character interact with objects, and are predictable.

Fire and brimstone isn't much of Hell at all, I even said the coolest parts of Hell are literally the icy parts. In fact, the only area of Hell which involves fire and brimstone in Dante is the first few sections of the City of Dis, where heretics are burning in coffins--even then, the focus is not on fire, but on the "grave," they wished for themselves. Hell in its earliest iterations is about darkness, hopelessness, and poetic justice, not about flames and rock.

It's not just what I don't like, it's the fact that Dante and the concept of Hell is objectively good--fantastic, even. And the fact that you said yourself you have no understanding of characterization or empathy with which to read stories about Hell only demonstrates you are either a plebeian or legitimately autistic. Dante wrote more creative and interesting shit, even by today's standards, than most any author in history--especially since so many of his characters were based on real people and real events. If you don't even understand the significance of that, there's nothing more I can say than that you're too stupid to understand what everyone else gets.
>>
>>389332979
>>389332238
There's something to be said for immersion.
I'm not sure if you would get quite the same experience from a Scorn movie

>>389333787
I'm not that anon, and there is a difference between liking something and thinking something is good. I'm not saying that Dante's inferno is shit; I'm sure it's great, It's just that I like other things that are not Dante's inferno.
You don't have to like something to acknowledge that things are good or bad. I'm sure that Jazz music is great but I don't listen to it because it is not to my tastes. Not everyone has to be in to the same stuff that you're in.
>>
damn..anyone whos excited for a video game is labeled as a shill. what the hell?
>>
>>389334089
You don't have to limit yourself to only liking Dante, but to suggest Agony is going to be worse than Scorn because it's set in Hell, which is one of the best possible settings you could use in any medium, is just plain retarded. Especially if you think a game with less new gameplay mechanics in it in the same genre will be better simply because it chooses to not have a story or any interesting ideas--simply so it can call itself unique--will be any better. The fact remains, they will both be shitty fucking games and you'll want to go back and play SOMA simply due to it having a better concept.
>>
>>389334187
>everyone who dislikes the game is a contrarian

fag
>>
>>389334187
Well, the only ones who are excited for obviously bad games based on horrible "gameplay trailers," are marketers. It's not surprising we can see through it.
>>
Are the tapestries somber?
>>
>>389334245
I'm not that anon and I didn't say that, but I still think I'd prefer scorn because I like the setting more, personally. In my own opinion, I like it more than Agony's setting.
>>
>this Dante's Inferno autist
Get a trip, you're a funny guy.
>>
i see what they are going with aesthetic wise but that level looked bland as fuck gameplay wise, lego piece tier hallways, generic hit the switch to proceed with the level mechanics. They're also doing that annoying thing they do in gameplay trailers where they pan the camera slowly and move robotically in a way were no real person would actually play
>>
>>389334187
I'll never get these retards. We have hourly /pol/bait dishonored threads. We have hourly pubg chart sales threads and every major ubisoft, bethesda, EA game shilled non stop but then he comes here and bitches about a small trailer to an extremely niche game like 10% of /v/ even know about. Fucking faggots
>>
>>389334294
>Well, the only ones who are excited for obviously bad games based on horrible "gameplay trailers," are marketers.
Some people like things that you don't like
Can you not comprehend the idea that other people like things that you don't like?

People like things that other people don't like all the time.
>>
>>389334516
>every major ubisoft, bethesda, EA game shilled non stop
back in the day we used to call people who posted about things we didnt like "fanboys"
>>
>>389334435
Why? Based on objective facts, Hell has numerous potential story routes, numerous good visual scenes, numerous good conversations, numerous good characters. Whereas Scorn is settling on not having a story so that they can pretend it's deep, and beyond that, it's visual design is literally nothing but shallow body horror and ripoffs of other cliche'd aliens which weren't interesting to begin with, like the Zerg from Starcraft.
>>
>>389334517
Yes, and some people who "like" obviously bad material are attempting to sell it. Can you not comprehend the idea that other people may actually be misdirecting your attention and attempting to convince you to waste money on bad products so that they can generate a profit?

Viral marketers, or any sort of shill, is highly common on 4chan. You find them all the time.
>>
>>389329034

>it doesn't even fire something biomechanical, it's just gunpowder

Jesus what a letdown
>>
>>389329651
gesundheit
>>
>>389334708
What difference does it make? It's a gun regardless of whether it fires a locust, snot, or anything else. Just more demonstrations of why Scorn will be a terrible game.
>>
>>389334589
>Why? Based on objective facts
Nobody gives a shit if you condone it as good or bad. People will like or dislike it regardless.

Body horror and zdzislaw beksinski just really rubs me the right way. I like it.

>>389334653
They really aren't. 99.9% of the time it's gonna be a fanboy who wants to talk about videogames on a videogame board.
>>
>>389327765

TUUUUUUUUUUUBES
>>
>>389330501
>I work for a shitty regional online news resource in Russia
i am so sorry
>>
>>389334793
So you admit your taste is bad and indefensible, since you have no arguments to justify why you find a shitty walking simulator with just flesh and bugs legs everywhere to be interesting. Well, at least you admit nobody else should share your awful opinions--so thanks for that.

Also, it doesn't look ANYTHING like Beksinki's art, so stop posting this dumb meme and trying to drag down a decent artist by making bad comparisons.
>>
>>389334516
>We have hourly /pol/bait dishonored threads.
I just want a real one.
>>
File: 1447200796486.jpg (932KB, 806x4999px) Image search: [Google]
1447200796486.jpg
932KB, 806x4999px
it's time
>>
File: 23jqt1f.jpg (181KB, 1599x664px) Image search: [Google]
23jqt1f.jpg
181KB, 1599x664px
>>389334793
The very use of the word "fanboy" shows that you're out of place. When was the last fucking time ANYONE on /v/ ever used this word? Like 2006? Not to mention this fucking nonsense about "video games on the video game board." Will you stop reposting this sad excuse? It doesn't matter if it's relevant to the topic of the board, we don't want it clogging up the space for decent threads, especially when the only point of this thread isn't to discuss anything. You even said yourself, your preferences are arbitrary and you are unwilling to defend your opinions. The game looks bad, and it's going to be an overpriced piece of shit. You are not talking about video games, you trying to sell a video game.
>>
>>389331219
your gun should stab people with a telescopic tongue and you should feed it little pieces of food for ammo
you could use the tongue (in prehensile mode) as some sort of puzzle tool
>>
>>389327765
Holy shit I want to buy it right n-
>part 1 of 2

Oh
>>
The aesthetic is nice but its basically just a disguised hallway fps
>>
>>389334937
Even if fanboy is an old term, it has the same meaning

>indefensible
I don't have to defend shit to you. Come out of your ivory fuckin tower; you are not significantly superior to other people simply because you read a very old book once, and your opinions are not facts.

>>389335105
>you trying to sell a video game
?
Not every positive opinion is secretly fuelled by some ulterior motive.
>Not to mention this fucking nonsense about "video games on the video game board." Will you stop reposting this sad excuse?
It's not an escuse, it's a reason.

>>389334937
>Also, it doesn't look ANYTHING like Beksinki's art
It very clearly, obviously massively inspired by it. You could argue that it does it "wrong" but you would be massively overblowing any distinction you could find
>>
>>389327765

>keycard A
>upgrade keycard to B
>shoot baddies
>hour long reloading times

this is literally doom with sort of geiger artstyle, if the game is supposed to be more original the trailer did a terrible job at showcasing it
>>
>>389335481
>this is literally doom with sort of geiger artstyle
I'm okay with that desu, Doom is great.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (53KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
53KB, 1920x1080px
>>389329651
>beksinski
>>
>>389327765
Uhh ok I guess?
Looks fine but we really need some story and I hope to god it wont be just walking around looking at things.
>>
>>389335570
ZIMBABWE
>>
>>389331848
I wish vidya gaem concept artists would rip off the surrealist elements of beksinski more than the squicky organic bits. You know, crosses, balls of light, baroque buildings and props, strong colors, night skies, etc
>>
>low media spotlight/coverage
>news/gameplay coming in intervals of 4 months
>obscure devs
yeah, it's gonna be Inner chains v 2.0
dropped
>>
>>389335458
If you want to pretend you're "discussing" video games, then let's discuss. We can begin with your defense for finding literal dogshit masquerading as video games to be appealing. All you ever dredge up is "opinions" this, and "opinions" that. As if all perspectives come down to arbitrary taste. The fact is that some films are better than others. If you enjoy watching Barney and Friends on VHS, you are going to be mocked by people who'd prefer to watch Citizen Kane or The Shining on DVD. If you enjoy eating McDonalds Happy Meals, you are going to be mocked by people who would rather have lobster had a 5 star restauraunt. Just as it is with video games. If your favourite game is Overwatch, you are going to be laughed at by people who like Quake. Some video games are better than others, and it's not a matter of somebody's personal emotions. It's an objective evaluation of their gameplay, visual design, sound design, story, impact, etc. And the fact is my opinions are SUPERIOR to yours, I am in the ivory tower because I come up with arguments to justify my point of view, I don't believe baseless shit simply because I "feel like it," or whatever. I reason, I use logic, I think about things. If your only reason for defending Scorn is, "I don't know why I like it, I just do," your opinion is infantile, and you are a moron who cannot critically evaluate anything, so it's no wonder people don't respect you, and it's no wonder people accuse you of being an obvious shill.
>>
I'm an artist-fag, and am willing to give games a shot based on art style alone, most of the time.
This game exudes an appreciation for surrealist horror, with a key influence on Giger's style, and I dig that.
Haven't seen any material on this game since the initial teaser a while back, with the main character having the strange fleshy face helmet/mask thing, I assume the character slowly becomes more corrupted by this world as you play? Because in this gameplay, at least from the arms, he looks more human.
>>
>>389335723
TLDR
>>
>>389335778
tl;dr: there is no reason to be interested in Scorn, and if you enjoy it because "all opinions are equal," you are a Derrida-worshiping cuckold whose opinions are OBJECTIVELY INFERIOR to all others.

Literally, this "everything is subjective" nonsense is runoff drivel corrupt linguistic philosophers invented to push idiotic ideologies like Marxism on young people. Well-argued, well rationalized opinions are superior to arbitrary, "people like what they like," cop-out
rhetoric.
>>
>>389335723
>We can begin
>my opinions are SUPERIOR to yours
>I reason, I use logic, I think about thing
>All you ever dredge up is "opinions" this, and "opinions" that
>you are going to be mocked by people who'd prefer to watch Citizen Kane or The Shining on DVD

Jesus christ dude
I would have assumed you were being ironic and sort of making fun of /v/ people but judging by the many paragraphs you've posted... god

In any case, I'm saving this as a copypasta.
>>
>>389335897
Im not saying that my opinion is better than your opinion, I'm just saying what my opinion is. I like Scorn's art style and I think it looks cool. I don't need to defend that.
>>
>>389335723
Are you like this at parties?
>>
>>389335723
>superior
You used a food analogy, and quite poorly at that, which kind of makes your claim of having superior opinions suspect.
>>
File: thereitis.gif (2MB, 390x205px) Image search: [Google]
thereitis.gif
2MB, 390x205px
>>389335723
I've been here for over 7 years, and I think this might just be the single most pretentious post I've ever seen. Congrats I guess.
>>
File: aa0.png (200KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
aa0.png
200KB, 500x276px
>>389335898
Great job proving me right. Where is your "discussion" if the minute you receive any criticism over your bad opinions you just retreat into your shell and start whining about all opinions being subjective? It's the mantra of fucking idiots whose opinions shouldn't be held by themselves, let alone by others.

Go on: justify your dumb views if you want to discuss the game. Let's discuss why you think Scorn is good, it'll be an exciting debate. Or are you just going to try and deflect when you can't come up with any reasons? As I said, it's no wonder people accuse you of being a shill if they're not accusing you of being fucking stupid.

>>389336015
You do if you want anyone to respect or share your opinion. So far I've demonstrated through reasoned argument and evidence that Scorn looks like a terrible game, and it's generic body horror art style isn't going to save it, or make it worth purchasing. If you are only interested because it "looks cool," and aren't willing to answer why, you're just as pathetic as those idiots who would once recite, "I like it because it's fun"? It's just another buzzword, no different to deflect from a person whose opinions are idiotic. All you are chanting is, "I like this game because I like things about it," without actually explaining anything.

>>389336085
Yeah, all the time. Which is why I'm only invited to upscale dinners with intelligent people who can take and provide criticism, and I don't hang out at fucking video game daycare eating turds out of other toddler's diapers and saying it's a good use of time because "all opinions are equal and don't need to be defended."
>>
>>389336085
>implying he gets invited
>>
>>389335723
You could have just posted "my opinions are better" with a smug pepe face or some shit and gotten the same point across.
>>
>>389327765
pretty slow paced
>>
>>389336097
I pointed out the objective fact that food varies in quality. There is food which tastes good and food which tastes bad. This is why there is such a thing as food critique, and why people train to cook and evaluate the cooking of others. A person who thinks that fast food is as good a professionally cooked meal has objectively bad taste in food. It doesn't matter what material I use, every single item, every single experience has comparable levels of quality--and certain variations will be worse and others will be better. Some songs are better than others, some skateboarders are better than others, some paintings better than others, some dancing better than others; and unsurprisingly, some games are better than others.
>>
>>389336146
I'm not >>389335898
That was someone else

>"I like it because it's fun"? It's just another buzzword
I am genuinely starting to suspect that you're being ironic now
>>
ITT: raw autism
>>
>>389336123
at least he didn't use food analo...
>>
>>389335897
both scorn and agony will be aggressively mediocre but with great visuals and will be worth a pirate or a 10 dollar sale purchase
your wild logical flailing around the concept of "hell" doesn't really amount to anything, agonys setting is just a pit of punishment (I know dante is deeper than the tenth circle, but this game won't be), scorns setting is just an alien mystery (which will or won't be resolved), they're both basically equal because any benefit of the first will be counterbalanced by the fact that we're barraged with artistic visions of hell every single day so it sort of wears out its novelty
>>
File: 1502451116989.jpg (102KB, 681x742px) Image search: [Google]
1502451116989.jpg
102KB, 681x742px
>>389336146
>I'm only invited to upscale dinners with intelligent people
>>
>>389336292
Who do you think pointed out that fact? I was right seven years ago when I was explaining to idiots like you why Amnesia: The Dark Descent was a bad game. They'd bring up indistinct allusions to "atmosphere," or merely recite, "I find it fun" without providing any reasoned commentary, and I correctly locked their bad arguments into what they were: buzzwords.

It's just sad that people like you who joined in only recently didn't get the fucking memo, though you were smart enough to settle in to the fact that thanks to me, anyone who tries to defend their bad taste by calling things, "fun" is laughed at, and I've inspired a higher level of public dialogue. It's just a shame that you insist on being intellectually disabled and going full Derrida because you want to sell another cliched walking simulator.
>>
>>389336146
I just walked into this thread, so I don't speak for the users you are replying to but:
>generic body horror art style
There's nothing generic about it, it's a very specific, well realized depiction of the style of surrealism landmarked by artists like H.R. Giger, and is not seen much in games at all.
You speak of your superiority of opinion being based on reason and logic, but you dumb down the argument of the artsyle of this game as "generic" which is as much a buzzword as "fun".
You fall victim to the same thing you claim these "plebeians" are only capable of. So, debate with me as to why this style of art is generic, with examples, sources, and a reasoned understanding of the subject, in this case surrealist horror.
Do you feel it does not capture the feeling and vision that the genre is intended to invoke? How does it fall short, and where could it be improved? I'm interested in hearing your superior opinions on the subject.
>>
File: laughing green nigger.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
laughing green nigger.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>389336391
Oh my dog I hadn't even noticed that part of his post. What a fucking faggot.
>>
>>389336318
Is that a good or a bad thing?
>>
>>389336415
>and I've inspired a higher level of public dialogue
You have to be shitting me now
I don't believe you anymore.
>>
>>389336391
Good one, isn't it? That's the power of a joke which comes from a person who can think and not someone who, when criticized in a discussion on the old "video game board for discussing video games," has to resort to saying, "Are you like this at parties," because he has no counter argument.

Though, I'm sure if you shills embarrass yourselves as much in real life as you do here, you must be a fucking riot at parties. Just remember, we're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you.
>>
HEY GUISE REMEMEBR THAT REALLY OLD MOVIE ALIEN

HAHAHAH XDXDXD
>>
File: 19_beksin_bg.jpg (127KB, 800x602px) Image search: [Google]
19_beksin_bg.jpg
127KB, 800x602px
visual representation of this thread
>>
>>389327765

sickdark has officially gone to far
>>
File: 2 dogs and an iguana.png (216KB, 393x391px) Image search: [Google]
2 dogs and an iguana.png
216KB, 393x391px
>>389336146
>Which is why I'm only invited to upscale dinners with intelligent people who can take and provide criticism
You earned this (YOU)
>>
>it's a shooter game

Why? What purpose does adding a gun serve?
>>
>>389336559
>Shill begs for a platform to "discuss" video games
>Offer heavy discussion and talk to him plenty, reasoning out why I disagree with his views
>He throws a fit and says he doesn't have to justify his opinions, becoming insulted simply because I might expect him to contribute some intelligence to our discussion.
I am literally engaging in a higher level of public dialogue. I am asking questions, I am providing reasons and argument, and my counter is a drooling ape brainwashed by post-modern ideology so he never has to answer questions or evaluate his opinions.
>>
>>389336645
beats hiding like a pussy (not to be confused with stealth games, where you hide like a badass)
>>
>>389336645
gameplay? not everyone enjoy walking simulators
>>
>>389336582
Anon, I hate to break it to you but rambling on about "MY OPINIONS ARE SUPERIOR" in the face of being called out for being pretentious with casual and sarcastic jokes is a sign of autism. I wish I had a "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE" image, with you appropriately labeled as the screeching autist in the background at the Scorn fans, but I don't.

Which begs the question, why are you even here?
>>
>>389336645
I guess without it there just wouldn't be much else to do beyond walk around and look at the scenery (which would honestly be enough for me)

It's like why there's always third person shooting in the uncharted series despite it not being about gunfights.
>>
So it's just a minimalist FPS with (((atmosphere))) and instead of hacking computers and stuff you fuck them instead because lolgeiger imagery?
>>
>>389329994
>Beksiński
Did someone said bleszinski ?
>>
>>389336616
A better representation would be that drawing where it's an ass coming out of a monitor shitting everywhere.
>>
>>389327765

>Giger meets Cronenberg

Do millenials have one creative bone in their body? Can they do nothign else but steal and copy greater men?
>>
>>389336625
reddit
>>
File: 1494679029972.jpg (56KB, 512x642px) Image search: [Google]
1494679029972.jpg
56KB, 512x642px
>Part 1 of 2: Dasein

>It is a fundamental concept in the existential philosophy of Martin Heidegger, particularly in his magnum opus Being and Time. Heidegger uses the expression Dasein to refer to the experience of being that is particular to human beings. Thus it is a form of being that is aware of and must confront such issues as personhood, mortality and the dilemma or paradox of living in relationship with other humans while being ultimately alone with oneself.
>>
File: Voldo takes a dump.jpg (81KB, 750x739px) Image search: [Google]
Voldo takes a dump.jpg
81KB, 750x739px
leaked final boss

>>389336795
it's more zedzlslalsaw beskskskninski than anything
>>
>>389336723
Anon, I hate to break it to you, but asking for discussion over a video game and then sperging out and acting insulted when you're brought into a debate and asked to question your infantile opinions just makes you look like a damn fool.

And it's quite clear, I'm using the video game board for discussion, I'm asking why Scorn is worth getting excited about it. What about this miserable walking simulator looks halfway decent? Have yet to get a proper answer other than, "I wike pwetty gwaphics and so scawy flesh and cartiwage! Jus wike Amnesia aww ova again!"
>>
>>389336795
>implying you're not a millennial
>>
>>389336934

1984, bitch.
>>
>>389336862
>it's more zedzlslalsaw beskskskninski than anything
it's really not
t. bazinga expert
>>
>>389336960
Then you're too old to be here.
>>
>>389336763
So far, sounds about right.
>>
>>389336795
All artists steal, it is the nature of the medium, we can not escape being influenced by others.
Giger and Cronenberg themselves took from those before them, perhaps in ways you might not readily notice.
>>
>>389336960
>being at the old end of the millenial generation
>believing yourself to not be a millenial because you don't understand generations
LMAO
>>
File: 1473105086228.png (50KB, 210x200px) Image search: [Google]
1473105086228.png
50KB, 210x200px
>>389336865
>I've made up my mind about the game but you still have to try and convince me to change it but I won't because only I know how to discuss and debate but I refuse to do so with you because you're butthurt about me being able to which I would with you but you don't know how to so I won't even bother by the way Scorn sucks
>>
>>389336960
>The majority of researchers and demographers start the generation in the early 1980s, with many ending the generation in the mid-1990s. Australia's McCrindle Research[28] regards 1980–1994 as Generation Y birth years. A 2013 PricewaterhouseCoopers[29] report and Edelman Berland[30] use 1980–1995. Gallup Inc.,[31][32][33] Eventbrite[34][35] and Dale Carnegie Training and MSW Research[36] all use 1980–1996. Ernst and Young uses 1981–1996.[37] Manpower Group uses 1982–1996.[38]

Still millennial, fag.
>>
>>389336862
The phallic, fleshy-mechanical imagery is straight Giger, and is at least in this gameplay trailer more prevalent than the Beksiński influence.
But there's a good mix, and I imagine certain segments of the game will see it tip more toward Beksiński's haunting, fleshy, brooding style.
>>
>>389336960
you can't make this shit up >>389337149
>>
>>389337143
I'm perfectly willing to change my mind if someone provides justified reasons to do so, but if you recoil at the mere thought of intellectual debate and evaluation and insist that you should avoid defending your opinions, it's no wonder you're disappointed and why nobody wants to buy this hunk of shit.

If you want to shill, at least come up with some debate points and reasons to be excited about what is literally just another dull, walking simulator masquerading as a "new horror game."

And so far, whenever asked to answer for how bad the game is, mindless drones whine, "B-b-but it's only in its early stages of production!" Which will eventually become, "B-b-but it's just a demo!" and so on, and so forth, until they pay over thirty dollars for a five hour disappointment, inspiring the production of more bad games in the same bad genre.
>>
ITT: People confusing Giger with Beksiński

Read up y'all
>>
>>389337420
i've responded to you fairly, don't ignore me
>>
I'm ready for the Scorn vs Agony shitposting wars.
>>
>>389337520
>>389337143
>>389336723
>>389336634
>>389336559
Stop replying to it for fuck sake
>>
>>389337420
>If you want to shill
are you actually accusing them of being a paid viral marketer or just someone who likes the game and wants to see it be successful.

Because if paid shills actually existed it wouldn't be efficient for them to debate autists for hours on end
>>
>>389328328
>shit all over things before they've even played it
>praises it before even playing it
>>
File: 1497472505837.gif (678KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1497472505837.gif
678KB, 500x281px
>>389337657
>Only person in the entire thread offering discussion about the game
>Stop replying to him, he saw through my marketing tactics reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
>>
File: Kermit goes Nuclear.jpg (241KB, 1200x904px) Image search: [Google]
Kermit goes Nuclear.jpg
241KB, 1200x904px
>>389337420
>I'm perfectly willing to change my mind
No you're not. If you were then you'd be replying to the people talking about existentialism and how, while they're not thrilled about the gameplay, they like how the atmosphere gives off a surreal and uncomfortable feeling that is uniquely human in that it makes you aware of your mortality. But nope, you're fishing for likes by droning on about how your opinions are superior and you go to fancy dress parties or some shit.
>If you want to shill
See above. Everyone to you is a shill, therefore why take their word as anything other than bought? I mean shit bitch, you call everyone "mindless drones" and go straight for the throat over it's indie development. You present an endless loop of logical fallacies that rely on people brushing you off to continue. You're not interested in some faggot ass debate while sipping on champagne. You want to masquerade your shitposting as "intellect", as if you can disguise it as something unreachable by the common masses.

Pic related
>>
>>389329034
it really should suck your blood to recharge.It would fit better in the game
>>
>>389337720
>discussion
>implying
>>
>>389331491
I'll respond then in a manner you understand
Take your meds you dumb fucking nigger
>>
>>389331342
nonononono imagine starting as a horrible embryo protagonist that have to grow organ and skin as the game progress. How much better would that be?
>>
>>389337721
Which people are these? There isn't particularly anything existentialist about this, not to mention that's really sad because one can make quite literally any story existentialist due to how pervasive the feeling is. I figured that idea that the atmosphere is meant to be surreal or supposed to make you uncomfortable went without saying, the question is whether it's good, unique, or well-thought out, and so far it isn't--namely because everything looks the same, and because of this, textures and reused assets are going to stick out badly. It's even worse with the "enemies."

Whether everyone is a shill or not is irrelevant, because we at least know some of the people who have made posts in this thread are shills--so idiotically brazen they even make counter-posts about Agony to misdirect debate about how weak Scorn is as a game.
>>
>>389337721
judging by the total inablity to understand the concept of opinions he has got to be genuinely autistic.

>>389337893
>because we at least know
>so idiotically brazen
what
>>
>>389327765
at least it's not a walking simulator
>>
>>389337893
>Whether everyone is a shill or not is irrelevant, because we at least know some of the people who have made posts in this thread are shills
ah yes id's a gonspiracy
neck yourself you stunted cunt
>>
>>389337893
>it's not existentialist because I say so because you can make anything existentialist by feeling
>m-muh reused assets
>the question is will it be good which is no
>We just KNOW there are shills so therefore I'm right

Good job proving my points. Fuck off you basic bitch.
>>
>blocky square corridors
>factory aesthetic
>blast through enemies with a shotgun
Kinda weak desu, I think I'll give it a miss
>>
>>389338096
>ALL people who post gameplay trailers with basically nothing else are shills
this is your brain on /v/
>>
File: (you)s.jpg (132KB, 1649x931px) Image search: [Google]
(you)s.jpg
132KB, 1649x931px
>>389338096
>all these (You)s
A fine addition to my collection
>>
>>389338098
Well, how is it existentialist in a way that surpasses every other medium? It's about as weak a "philosophical premise" as claiming that a story is Marxist or something similar. There are entire categories of pseudo-critics who attempt to force allegory into stories to make them about philosophical concepts, but always rely on ones which are nearly ever-present. The question is more, "What story isn't existentialist?" That's how general existentialism is as a system, you can apply it to anything. Just as one can argue anything written in the west is about class struggle, because private property is so ever-present in our culture. Hundreds of thousands of idiot Marxist critics have built whole careers by pretending literature, movies, and even games have Marxist themes, just as one can do for existentialism; one of the most prevalent anxieties in all of human experience.

The fact is the game uses reused assets, often since we saw so many in six minutes--especially for the interactable enemies.
>>
>post gameplay trailers with basically nothing else
woah, where did it all go so wrong
>>
>>389338338
Do you seriously expect them to make unique models (of which there were like, 3~) for each of the dozens of enemies?
>>
/v/ has failed.
>>
I donated to the kikestarter, lowest tier so only 15 bucks, only the second kikestarter I ever donated to (first being the MST3K reboot), hope I don't get burned by this.

A demo will be released to backers at the end of the campaign so I hope its good.
>>
>>389338367
Well, why didn't OP post anything more than a shitty generic picture and a topic alongside shilling a gameplay trailer? Why didn't he go and post this in a general on /vg/? My theory is that he didn't want to give away his typing style, so it would be easier for him to appear to be a new responding poster without being called out--but he fucked up with all the posts that end in question marks, especially these two:
>>389328446
>>389328136
>>
>>389338338
>how is it existentialist?
>>389336838
>blah blah blah I'm going to spread something out about generalizing shit with all this worthless padding because I'm an autist trying to sound smart
You sound fucking retarded. You trail off into circles of nothing that don't bolster your point whatsoever.

>The fact is the game uses reused assets, often since we saw so many in six minutes--especially for the interactable enemies.
So like any other game?
>>
>>389338515
That's not how /vg/ works you dumb cunt.
>>
>>389335723
I love you. The others don't get it.
>>
They spend so much time creating interesting weapons and all they are, are reskinned conventional guns?

At least make them shoot out flesh needles or something.
>>
>>389338515
>Well, why didn't OP post anything more than a shitty generic picture and a topic alongside shilling a gameplay trailer?
because it will result in a thread
you either want him to make a 2000 character post or to shit on it, because I can guarantee it that if he just said "it looks cool" you would also pretend that he's a shill.
>Why didn't he go and post this in a general on /vg/?
because /vg/ is for generals, not for a unreleased, unpopular game which has trailers every 6 months you fucking retard
>My theory is that he didn't want to give away his typing style, so it would be easier for him to appear to be a new responding poster without being called out--but he fucked up with all the posts that end in question marks, especially these two:
my theory is that you're a big fat faggot
>>
>>389338515
why does /v/ attract so many autists these days
at least before they argued about games, now it's either politics or shilling
>>
>>389338443
If they want it to be a decent, immersive game. Given that the gameplay is shit, the sound is shit, the story is shit, and all they have going for them--which the shills ADMIT--is that the graphics are high quality, you think they could AT LEAST put a little bit of variation into the enemy design. Even then, you are fucking deluding yourself if you think there is going to be "dozens of enemies." The very fact that when I read that, I laughed aloud just goes to show how this game is going to flop immensely. In the trailer, there was only one type of enemy: some retarded fetus with little legs, which depending on the scripted sequence, would behave slightly differently. The flying jelly thing wasn't an enemy, and neither was the bird carrying its limp twin.

>>389338531
Still waiting for an answer on how this is more intriguing a premise to evaluate and explore existentialism than literally any sci-fi or fantasy story ever made which involves a human in a foreign, unrecognizable environment.

Many other games don't focus solely on visual quality, sacrificing gameplay, music, and story, and then fail on that as well by cutting corners; especially when immersion is touted to be so important to themselves and their paid representatives here.
>>
>>389338759
>If they want it to be a decent, immersive game.
absolutely not, making a new model for each enemy is basically unheard of, I dare you to tell me a game that has done so

>Even then, you are fucking deluding yourself if you think there is going to be "dozens of enemies."
there were dozens of the fetus things on the ascending platform, I did not say dozens of enemy types
>>
>>389338515
>My theory is
jesus christ
>>
Game look good. It's still far away so a lot could change. Remind me of old Prey.
>>
>>389338734
Perhaps if he criticized it, showing that he actually watched the trailer in more than a passing way, and was able to understand how bad it looks now especially compared to its early concepts--perhaps remarking on how shitty the guns and character design are--we could imagine he was a legitimate viewer who was being fair to the game, and not trying to sell it. But, low and behold, he ignored that which he had no talking point for, and for those he did, all he could rely on was the obnoxious, "It's only early on, perhaps it will change?" shit over and over, the only surprise being he didn't mash in more question marks.

/vg/ has also been known to carry horror threads, even those for this specific genre when there's numerous games out--not to mention for "in-development" projects. Considering the developers themselves are essentially paying people to represent them here, they should fit right in.

Glad to know I hit the typing thing on the nose though.

>>389338885
Yes, and to my fault, it was ridiculous for me to even suggest Scorn should do anything new, exciting, or challenging, as that may turn it into a good game. But, perhaps you'll recite that same garbage that it isn't worth the effort to stand out and strive for better enemy variation when you're disappointed with the final release. Either way, we can look back on all the other games in this genre and point out that most of them suck dick because they reuse enemy assets over and over, and this is one of the fundamental reasons why SOMA is considered an upgrade over Penumbra and Amnesia.

And dozens of the same type of enemy all appearing at once using the same model is immersion-breaking and will harm the visual quality of the game, which is supposed to be the only thing they seem to want to make any good. It's their only hope, so they should put work in to make it good. I have no idea why you are defending absolute mediocrity.
>>
>>389338759
>Still waiting for an answer on how this is more intriguing a premise to evaluate and explore existentialism than literally any sci-fi or fantasy story ever made
Nice moving the goal posts, fag boy. No one ever said this will be the epitome of existentialism mixed with body horror. There's been expression that people enjoy the tones of existentialism and the horrors of the unknown mixed with biomechanical design.

>Many other games don't focus solely on visual quality, sacrificing gameplay, music, and story, and then fail on that as well by cutting corners; especially when immersion is touted to be so important to themselves and their paid representatives here
And what does that have to do with railing about the re-used assets in a 6 minute video? Do you freak out when you see the same cardboard box and NPC used in an shooter? Oh, but wait.... "paid representative"
>>
>>389338515
You dont post a general of Scorn on /vg/ when the sole discussion is a singular trailer.
/vg/ is for recurring threads, not for one off.
>>
>>389339237
If you want to suggest that Scorn looks good because you think it has existentialist themes, I'm going to question how you justify that--since it's no more existentialist than Half-Life, No Man's Sky, or any video game in the walking simulator genre. I don't think it's existentialist at all, I think that idiots who don't understand existentialist or proper philosophical integration into games may call it that as a fallback when their nonexistent mystery ends up being disappointing and there's no story, but that won't change that it'll still be a dumb claim. I'm sure people enjoy this tone, but you can do a lot better, and certainly cannot justify the game as being any good in its current and likely future states. If you like this kind of shit, SOMA was a lot, lot, lot better, and was undeniably toying with existentialist themes to a degree Scorn will NEVER be able to replicate. And, guess what, it still had horrors o the unknown mixed with biomechanical design--in a way which surpasses the trailers and concept art! Amazing, huh? As I said, I don't get why you people are defending mediocrity.

Well, you claim the visuals are good. Evidence shows us that this isn't true, as the visuals are terribly slipshod, with washed out colours, generic ideas, and innumerable reused assets. As someone said before, if they think this is a good representation of the game, it looks fucking awful in all departments; and is most disappointing in its major visual design because it's obvious they are barely even trying.
>>
>>389339257
Which is why I suggested "in a general," and not "a general." Please try to comprehend when you read things.
>>
>>389332117
Did you read the divine comedy?
>>
>>389339529
Or he could post it in /v/.
>>
>>389339770
He could, but he didn't decide to make an intelligent thread anyway--because he's a fucking shill. He had numerous options for ways to share the trailer as a reasoned "fan" (if a reasoned fan of Scorn actually exists), but he didn't, so it shouldn't be so shocking to you that he's a viral marketer. But, if you find Scorn shocking, perhaps you'll find anything shocking.
>>
>>389339061
So you have no example of another game making dozens of models for a single enemy type, not even AAA games with tens of millions of dollars at their disposal. As for your other point,
> hurr he has to share my opinion or he's a shill
>>
>>389339529

Ok, in what general do you think this could be posted to without it being off topic?
>>
>>389339902
Please cut out the just as keikaku fedora psychoanalyst bullshit before your fat body explodes from pure pretension
>>
I'm wary as fuck about Kickstarter projects but this one looks good. Body horror is my fetish.
On a related note, where do I sign up for shilling online? I am legit serious, it seems like it pays well enough.
>>
>>389339958
As you said, in this genre, it doesn't come up often. But, my argument isn't whether it's common, but whether it would be good. Most games in this genre are weak because they reuse enemy assets all the time. It's going to drag Agony down, and it's dragging Scorn down. The best way around it is to have numerous enemies which only make singular appearances, such as in SOMA, which used variations for the Proxy enemy when it wanted to have them appear more than once. But, Scorn wants to have gunplay instead, so it needs more enemies, and thus will be less immersive if it chooses to recycle enemies over and over, especially as their current enemy models are really, really bad--regardless of how many variations there are. But, there is AAA games with dozens of models for a single enemy type, you can look at any action game basically, whether it's Revengeance, God of War, surprise surprise, the shitty Dante's Inferno game.

My point is that Scorn is as it stands, a bad game, and its reused assets mean that the visual design is also terrible. Just as it's terrible in any game which over-recycles visuals. The fact is that the developers should work harder and strive for more, or design the game in such a way that this is less noticable--not whether it's as shitty as other games that recycle assets. Once again: why are you defending mediocrity?
>>
>>389330175
>skyrim is a walking sim
>>
>>389340357
Are you comparing Scorn to fucking Skyrim now? Jesus christ, you are deluding yourself if you think Scorn can even hold a candle in the gameplay department to Skyrim. So far the only gameplay is two shitty guns which are a HUGE disappointment to everyone who was hoping this game might be good, and they both play essentially in the same slow, burdensome way.
>>
>>389330979
I was hoping it would work like the harpoons that sea snails shoot out
>>
>>389340452
i just joined this thread
>>
File: images.jpg (16KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16KB, 257x196px
>>389340452
the whole game looks like it's supposed to be slow. Take a long time, just looking at gross textures and wondering about how the levels work. Listening to the ambient sounds. its all filled with anxiety, contemplation, mystery. the stuff a lot of people enjoy in videogames. I liked both amnesias, and all three penumbra games. I even liked SH: the room. To each their own, friendo
>>
>>389338096
How new are you? Each and every OP on /v/ is a shill, it's the usual.
>>
>>389340283
It would be great if each game could make every single object and animation and playthrough completely unique, but it's generally not happening. The fetus models aren't bad either, tecjnically they're good and as for the design that's a matter of taste, but you haven't put forth an argument as to why they would be (I think they hit a good fusion between strange, disgusting and pitiable). And it's doubly hard to make unique models that arent built like lego where you can swap out heads, especially when they're animated with their misshapen body taken into consideration.
> visual design is terrible
Not really, it's far above the industry average. Although personally I think the skeleton membrane building style is too monotone, you can do a lot more with organic structures than "flesh and bone".
> why are you defending mediocrity
Because you act like a spastic, so I have to pull much harder in the other direction.

I predict that scorn will be worth about ten bucks and to be in a period of game drought. Not the worst thing in the world, not worth getting hyped about.
>>
what the fuck is this thread?
how about you start discussing "not imaginary" videogames and talk about real medium, that is possible to create not "my ideal game" bullshit?

game looks like an FPS with peculiar art, cool reload animations and metrodivania aspects
that's fucking it
>>
>>389340842
And the game WILL be slow, agonizingly slow and boring--watching the same slow, unimmersive animations, pretending the reused assets are 'gross' or interesting, staring at blank, empty hallways in a totally linear game with piss-poor sound design and no challenge. And yet, it'll still only work out to be less than ten hours of gameplay, likely even less than five or six! If anything, it's filled with the regret of having wasted your money on a suboptimal product, of the disappointment when you overhyped an obviously bad game for yourself.

>>389340902
Please stop strawmanning. The argument isn't, "All assets should be original," but there is simply too much obvious recycling of assets in Scorn. The visual design is bad because there isn't enough variation, not that they once in a while will sneak in an asset like a wooden door again--as we saw in Amnesia, but the problem is that in Amnesia, there was limited objects and textures--so you would see the same shit over and over and over, until it all became recognizable. This is the worst with enemies, because as people have often said, "not knowing" everything there is about an enemy is what makes them intimidating and scary, but if there isn't enough variation, you know everything about them after the first couple of encounters. Since the design of enemies in Scorn is terrible, it's going to be really, really bad when they have to force in numerous reused models of enemies--in clear sight--so you can shoot them and it will turn into a very weak DOOM copy with none of the fun gameplay.

Every game has dumb fetus-looking enemies, and these are some of the worst since they just use the base core of some undersea plants with generic human features. If it's supposed to be alien, how come the base model for this dumb shit is always so earth-like and uninteresting?

Graphics are above average for an indie game, but the textures and models are really weak. It's worth 5 dollars, but will be priced at 40+.
>>
Kinda looks like Saya no Uta.
>>
>>389340283
I dont think limited enemy design will hurt Agony that much. Might even help it.

Agony is a combination of hiding and puzzle-possession mechanics. In order to consistently hide effectively, the enemies need to be dynamic yet predictable. Like the Alien in Isolation. Might do some unexpected shit, but she'll never find you in a hidden place unless you fuck up.
And that needs consistency. Limited enemies helps in that. Also, limited enemy types will reduce the amount of special characteristics the player needs to remember for each enemy he has to possess.
So far there are only 3 possessable types, with a possible 4th
Scrubs
>generic human
>can hide
Tit-Demoness
>Fast
>can kill
>needs to kill
>hot
Swole-Demon
>Big
>can and needs to kill
>hot?

Winged Demon
>can fly
>needs to kill?

Would be nice to be able to possess those spider things and be able to climb walls
>>
>>389341215
>Another generic FPS game
>But this time the reload animations are really fucking slow and just involve pulling apart a pistol or shotgun made up of two parts
>Peculiar art that looks like every other game world with aliens in it
>Metroidvania aspects
You have to be fucking joking about the last one. How does it look AT ALL like a fucking Metroid or Castlevania game? That's flat out hilarious. The closest it comes is providing more proof of why its visual design is so generic, perhaps because it's ripping off Metroid, but the gameplay doesn't even match up in the least.
>>
>>389332586
This whole post reeks of paid shill jesus christ.
>>
>>389327765
??

how are people excited about this

overtly edgy geiger fan jerk

the 'trailer' was hardly scary or interesting

looks like it would be a fuckin boring game
>>
>>389341390
The problem with Agony is that because it's a Hell dimension, which sells on variation of horrors, that it won't make any sense for all demons to be alike. It aides the gameplay, but in both circumstances, the gameplay is interfering with the horror design. Both games are a bad mix-and-match without actually knowing what type of game they want to be, and will turn out as being lame.
>>
>>389341276
>too mych recycling of objects
I didn't notice it.
> these are some of the worst
Not really. Undersea plants are hardly overused and they have barely any human features, except maybe arms.
>>
>>389341436
some people like videogames
>>
File: ab ending.gif (64KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
ab ending.gif
64KB, 500x442px
>>389328224
It's a theme park. In the end they just remove their costumes like in Altered Beast ending.
>>
>>389327765
""""""""""gameplay""""""""""
>>
Gameplay?

It looked like a gfx nvidia demo. Stupid as hell.

No gameplay whatsoever.
>>
>>389341527
Probably because, as I've pointed out, you aren't evaluating or thinking about the quality of the game--you are passively accepting it because you have bad taste. I'm sure you didn't notice, simply because you're a shill or you're dumb and don't know how to properly critique video games. Either way, it doesn't bode well for why I should respect your opinions.

Undersea concepts are some of the most generic shit ever, and get brought into every single alien design--especially when it comes to flying aliens, as nobody wants to do a creature with wings--but more like a creature which "swims" through the air. Look at the jellyfish like movements of the flying enemies in Scorn, and look at the manta-ray overhead in Agony. It just compounds into a weak product by bringing in the embarrassing cliche of using fetuses with them, where the only deviation is giving them a worm-like head without eyes. It's no wonder that in both Scorn and Agony we see enemies whose heads can split, just like we saw in Amnesia. Wow, so original and interesting--especially after last year where we were flooded with imagery from Parasyte.
>>
>>389341508
>The problem with Agony is that because it's a Hell dimension, which sells on variation of horrors
Good point, but if the devs play their cards right hopefully, but I aint holding my breath they can convey variations of horror in the level design.

Generic the blood-and-fire Hell maybe, the artists clearly have some creativity in them, what with the strange combinations of bodies, stones, mystical shit and fire. So far we have a layered pit and a blood lake.

Perhaps more strange and surreal iconography? Levels based on other renditions of hell, with the demons still similar in some ways to preserve gameplay and assets? They're gonna have to pick between horror theme and gameplay, unless they're good enough to balance the 2.

We'll see, in due time
>>
>saying "I cannot conceive of a sensible statement on painting". He was especially dismissive of those who sought or offered simple answers to what his work 'meant'.
Absolutely fucking based.
>>
>>389341408
the fuck do you think metrodivania means these days?
it means you find shit to progress,open doors,defeat someone it has nothing to do with actual game anymore
>>
>>389341848
The good thing I saw so far in the trailers is that they are planning to use traditional, but varied Hell environments--as one can see lava, as well as trees, and even "Purgatory-esque" areas in the cinematics. It already had more than Scorn does simply because some areas were purple and the design of the first areas in their gameplay trailer were FAR more interesting and memorable than what Scorn spent two minutes building up towards with a terrible cinematic of their land. The way the light pools into the staircase in the kickstarter trailer was better than anything we saw in the Scorn gameplay trailer.
>>
>>389341998
And this isn't a metroidvania game. Just like PUBG isn't a real-time strategy game simply because it's in real time and you have to strategize. Scorn isn't an action game, since it's too fucking slow.
>>
>>389330979
kek
what the fuck were they thinking
>>
>>389330979
do you know why guns sound loud?
because bullets fly fast not because gunpowder explodes
>>
>>389327765
Why does it look like FPS Planescape: Torment?
>>
File: 1430893246309.jpg (9KB, 179x180px) Image search: [Google]
1430893246309.jpg
9KB, 179x180px
>>389342224
>>
>>389341276
>I have no life and my preferences MUST be heard on /v/
It's okay if you don't like atmospheric horror games. It's also okay if other people do like them.
>>
File: 760.gif (600KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
760.gif
600KB, 500x250px
>>389341276

Aren't you a sour puss. The game is not even out yet.
>>
>>389342035
Well, Scorn has only started. Though if I remember correctly, Scorn and Agony started development at the same time.
Might be a sign that Scorn is vaporware, along with that Part 1 and 2 sectioning they announced.
Agony too. They had consistent dev updates but suddenly stopped. Shame. I wanted to make more Tit-Demon webms.

But variation is a worry. As good Geiger and Beksinski may be, they were famous for their unique and CONSISTENT design that expanded the topic but didnt stray far from it.
Geiger -> biomechanical sexual black bits and black /grey sensual monsters
Beksinski -> surreal landscapes, bizzare creatures of stone, dust and bone, with a strange "aged dry" feel to it.

If Scorn can't think of ways to enhance that, shit's gonna get boring fast. You can only stare at those 2 topics for so long before getting bored. At least Hell gives you some leeway
And thanks for the sensible arguments anon.
>>
Shooting doesn't look very fun.
>>
File: 222.png (429KB, 399x614px) Image search: [Google]
222.png
429KB, 399x614px
>>389342428
Do you honestly think that people on a Taiwanese knitting imageboard in the middle of the night have lives? If you wanted to find out a way to out that you're a fucking shill with normie insults who doesn't belong here, you found it.
>>
>>389342523
Watched the demon gameplay video for Agony and was sold already on it being far superior. The setting is just far busier, with more shit in it, and more things to actually do--resulting in a better visual and gameplay experience; not to mention it captures Hell really well with people just arbitrarily being chosen for torture.
>>
>>389328916
It looks similar to the heavily scripted first gameplay trailer for bioshock. No one called that a walking sim.

I think it has promise. I don't know if it will ever come out though. As of right now they are nowhere near their goal.
>>
>>389342558

It's either they're intentionally slowing the pace in these trailers so we get to see the assets or the game itself is going to be a walking simulator with some shooting. I'm voting for the latter and that's fine. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, for instance, was concentrating more on the atmosphere than the gunplay and it felt fine.
>>
>>389341998
metroidvania is a sidescroller with backtracking like old metroid and castlevania games

>>389342110
it looks like it's a survival/horror game. I think that's why people keep referencing Amnesia. That's deff. the crowd that they will be attracting. People who can see over 30 frames per second and actually tell the difference between 320kbps MP3s and FLACs

i'm not even trolling
>>
>>389342728
Do you honestly believe Scorn will compare to Bioshock? Honestly? Do you honestly mean that? Are you going to look my posts in the eyes, and honestly tell me, "Scorn is going to be the next Bioshock." The Bioshock which was always set on being a fun, engaging FPS single-player experience, which eventually even had multiplayer in 2. Scorn is going to be fast-paced, with a rational, story-driven world, strong dialogue, and hip culture. You are honestly positing the belief that Scorn is comparable to Bioshock. Not to mention that Bioshock came out in 2007, when games like Scorn wouldn't take off and become common-place until after 2010 with the launch of Amnesia, and the term "walking simulator" likely had not been invented. Please think before you post next time.

>>389342762
No doubt it'll attract the Amnesia crowd, but they're likely going to be outpaced by Agony, and Scorn will disappoint fans of both.
>>
>>389327765
Looks too disgusting for me.

Body horror is pretty much the only thing that scares me. I can tolerate a little bit, but this game takes it to the extreme.
>>
>>389343004
That's hardly body horror.
Dead Space and Agony is more body horror than that.
>>
File: brock.png (480KB, 722x485px) Image search: [Google]
brock.png
480KB, 722x485px
>>389327765
>genuinely intrigued by scorn for quite a while now
>finally a gameplay trailer
>it's a cinematic FPS
>>
>>389342959
why do people compare videogames to other videogames? Why can't they take what the individual developers were going for and just roll with it?

Agony looks cool too
>>
>>389335021
thought about this too. whatever happened to legorobot/plasticbrick the url is ded
>>
File: Scorn-Alien-03253.jpg (380KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Scorn-Alien-03253.jpg
380KB, 1920x1080px
>>389343187
>That's hardly body horror.
>my face
>>
>>389327765
Yo this looks cool as shit. What platforms this coming out for?
>>
>>389343392
PC
>>
>>389343304
Can't help it. Humans are petty, judgmental fucks on anything not themselves.

>>389343338
Yes, and what?
Its a dude with weird skin disease on a weird flesh wall
I've seen far worse
>>
>>389327765
the camera bob was the only scary thing about it
made me nauseous watching 2 minutes of it
>>
>>389342959
Jesus you're a pretentious assuming fuck. I was just saying that you shouldn't judge the game solely based on a scripted demo because plenty of other good games have had them. This demo reminds me a fuckton of the first scripted demo for bioshock. Do I think it will be like bioshock? Of course fucking not.

How about you stop and think for a moment before screaming walking simulator?
>>
File: PikachuUPInHere01.jpg (60KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
PikachuUPInHere01.jpg
60KB, 700x800px
WHY IS IT SO SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
WHY ARE THE "ENEMIES" SO UNINSPIRED
YOU GOT A FUCKING FLESH-THING AND ALL IT DOES IT MOVE AT A SLOW ASS PACE WHY NOT HAVE IT PULSE AND FLAIL, WHY IS THE "GUNS" SO GENERIC IN USE WHY NO DISMEMBERMENT WHYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>389343304

Because when we're experiencing something which seems similar to someting we've already seen, tasted etc. it's just a natural reaction to compare the two.

That girl was gave a better blowjob than the other.

That apple was better than the one before.

This horror game looks more scary than the one from another studio.
>>
I hope they dont pull the same bullshit like the Inside did with the ending
>>
>>389343434

But you're fucking stupid if you say that's not body horror because it pretty much is. I'm not saying it should be the grossest thing you've ever seen, because obviously you've seen some shit.
>>
>>389343461
It doesn't remind me at all of the scripted demo for Bioshock, as that had commentary, an inventory, explanations, and reasonable fast gameplay. If anything, it looked like the first demo for Amnesia, but that gameplay trailer for Amnesia was actually good and didn't show a dumb fucking gun, fetuses, and no other gameplay but "interact with the only object in the room to get a key for the door!"
>>
>>389327765
Looks pretty good. The aesthetics are giving me OG Prey vibes.
>>
it looks boring....like really boring.
>>
>>389343573
Really? I define body horror as gory shit that affects me. Shit, I must be jaded as fuck then
I suppose thats the consequence of reading really fucked up medical reports. I'll take your normal viewpoint and consider that body horror
>>
>>389343482
this is going way off course but
>each girl was a separate girl giving their impression of a blow job
>each apple was from a different tree (assuming)
>each game was a different creators impression of their own environment

idk how condescending I'll sound with this but whenever I play a game, I read about the main developer and try to find like their twitter or something and then go through the game thinking about what they tried to accomplish. The only time I really get negative feelings is when crate systems become involved, or when it's obvious that they're trying to rope people with gambling issues into spending their money. Even then, I can usually see what the initial creators were going for before marketing got into it. Sorry for this post.
>>
File: 11_56043.png (167KB, 412x334px) Image search: [Google]
11_56043.png
167KB, 412x334px
>>389327765
That's adequate, but I wish gameplay was more like xenomorph campaigns in AvP, in a sense that you're part of the abyssal ecosystem. Instead of meat shotguns you could just rip off limbs of other fauna and graft that shit onto yourself. That way you could also pull off some really sicknasty shit with level design, being able to crawl on the walls and ceilings and go through those tiny tunnels/shafts like the molerat things in the video. Throw in non-euclidian level geometry a-la Prey and you've got a salvia trip to Hell.
>>
File: header.jpg (39KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
39KB, 460x215px
>>389343471

It was just cobbled up for alpha gameplay. All the time is spent on level creation and graphics.

They are going to blow their entire budget and then be left with an abysmal turd that doesn't play well at all.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/537430/Inner_Chains/

I bet you its going to turn out like this game, unfinished, bug riddled, horrible gameplay that was an after though.
>>
File: videodrome-2.jpg (19KB, 649x349px) Image search: [Google]
videodrome-2.jpg
19KB, 649x349px
>>389343735
>I suppose thats the consequence of reading really fucked up medical reports.

Yeah, I suppose stuff like that does wonders. I've seen just one beheading video and every time I read about that from the news I always end up seeing that one clip in my head.
>>
File: 1498825667348.png (28KB, 589x726px) Image search: [Google]
1498825667348.png
28KB, 589x726px
>>389343853
IT JUST IRKS ME, THEY HAD THIS COOL ASS SETTING, AND YEAH IT LOOKS NICE - BUT YOU'LL FUCKING RUIN IT WITH THIS GENERIC FUCKING SHIT GAMEPLAY.
>>389343850 TAKE THIS GUY FOR INSTANCE, HE KNOWS WHAT'S UP - YOU COULD'VE HAD A HIGHLY MODULAR GAMEPLAY MECHANIC RIGHT HERE, HAVE YOU "ABSORB" YOUR ENEMIES - TAKE ON THEIR FORM/ABILITIES AND CHANGE THE STYLE OR WHATEVER - FUCK ME IT LOOKS GOOD - AND PLAYS LIKE ANY OTHER GAME, FUCK.
>>
>>389327765
For a while I thought this was dead. Looks ok. I'm kind of a sucker for Giger so I hope this ends up being good.
>>
>>389343850

It's a small studio with an average budget. All they can afford for now is a linear adventure and that's all we can get. Stuff like you described would require insane amount level designing to begin with.
>>
File: tombking .jpg (72KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
tombking .jpg
72KB, 600x583px
>>389344351
>insane amount level designing
so like, an actual working game, with work and thought put behind its design choices and people doing deliberate decisions with their development time.
Gotcha
>>
they really ripped off beksinski's art style hard for this game
>>
>>389344104

turn your caplock off you little fagget.
>>
>>389344528
YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF MEEEEEE
>>
>>389344440
They made the deliberate decision to not waste their time trying to appease people that use "sicknasty" as a fucking word
>>
>>389343850
>being able to crawl on the walls and ceilings and go through those tiny tunnels/shafts
>throw in non-euclidian level geometry a-la Prey

And then there's your post here: >>389344440

That's why people like you won't ever make it to the video game industry.
>>
>>389344623
And they made a deliberate decision to make a bad game which is only hyped up by fucking idiots who, the moment anyone suggests an improvement for the game, begin to froth at the mouth and say, "They're a small indie company funded by kickstarter, so they get to make awful games and deserve money for them!"
>>
>>389336318
Ripe for harvest.
>>
File: Wheat04.jpg (161KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
Wheat04.jpg
161KB, 1280x688px
>>389344869
>>
>>389344351
Is it really that expensive? I am not sure, but I think at least certain crucial aspects of what I've described - character controls that is - could be realised. AvP 2010 version was the most recent example of that, and although the game got a lot of shit, I personally found the controls schemes of aliens there rather tight. I know these guys are no Rebellion, but Rebellion is not what you'd call an AAA studio either.
>>389344623
>>389344790
Rude, also not me.
>>
>>389341475
Barely anything "Geiger" about this game. Geiger artystle is just pussies and dicks on everything, this has way more of a Beksinski vibe to it.
>>
File: 601.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
601.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>389344847
>>
>>389344847
so you've played it? leak full footage plz
>>
>>389344847
>"muh shills"
First off, that "improvement" could end up being worse than what they're doing, you just like the idea of it so it MUST be better than what they're doing. Second, if it turns out to be a bad game then fine, but I'm not going to shit on it because of a five minute demo.
>>
File: maxresdefault (6).jpg (351KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (6).jpg
351KB, 1920x1080px
>>389344981

>>389344979

It's REALLY expensive. Just the amount of playtesting required is insane if you don't want your game end up being a pile of buggy shit.

Rebellion had Sega. AvP 2010 had a huge budget.
>>
>>389345460

Shit. Meant to add Scorn seems to be drawing inspiration from both worlds.
>>
>>389338498
same. I'm excited. PC only though so it should be smooth sailing once it gets backed.
>>
I would wish for it to be less Quake/Doom and more Amnesia.

All these great ideas and cool weapons, but in the end it's just the same weapons with another skin. Gun, shotgun, and I'm sure there'll be some sniper weapon as well etc.
Would've wished they went further with defeating the enemies if they now necessarily need to have enemies that you shoot.
The enemies gameplay feels out of place, like everything is so unique, and then you have the same gameplay as every other game. Would've loved to see more uniqueness in that gameplay as well.
The level design feels to Quake/Doom as well.

I also miss the Giger sexual undertones.
>>
>>389344979
The more movement you design, which costs money, the more you have to put into level design, which costs money. Putting in a non-standard movement system would take plenty of time, plus time to make sure it feels good enough, plus time to bug fix, plus time to make all their levels after getting that movement properly designed to make that movement fun and not game breaking. Its a ton of work that they simply don't need to bother doing. Walking and running, maybe crawling is fine for a game like this. Maybe they'll be a huge success and make Scorn 2 with cool shit like that.
>>
>>389341616
Was that how Altered Beast ended?? I never finished that game despite being one of my favorite games on original Sega.
>>
>>389337851
A lot better. Now it's just a Doom reskin.
>>
File: smirk.gif (3MB, 957x671px) Image search: [Google]
smirk.gif
3MB, 957x671px
>>389335723
a new pasta is born
>>
>>389346180
Yea, they may still make it more interesting by having each shot fired have a permanent effect on your body. Like each shot permanently morphs your body to be more like the gun, and you have limited ammo. Getting to alien locks you out of things or makes some enemies friendly/more aggressive. Having limited ammunition like early RE would be good too, not enough ammo to just gun your way through everything.
>>
>>389344519
Yea, thats probably the most exciting aspect for me. I hope the game is as good as the art direction, though there have been plenty that aren't.
>>
Can you guess the story from this trailer? I know I could.
>Futuristic society that messes with a lot of biotech
>Shit goes expectedly awry when they make something they shouldn't have
>Bioweapon plague fucks over everything
>You're the only thing left alive to piece things back together
>Bonus points if the bioweapon could think and feel and it destroying everything was just an act of self-defense
>>
>>389328005
>as if you're walking through concept art and not an actual game.
I don't see it as being much different than just coasting through Space Engine. Walking simulators aren't inherently bad, they become bad when it tries to focus too much on narrative and exposition that takes you out of the experience, which is ironic since the goal is to achieve the opposite.
>>
>>389327765
If it's still PC only then I still don't give a shit.
>>
>>389344045
Yea, I'm a nursing student plus I frequent gore threads on /gif/ and /b/ so none of this is weird to me. Also a fan of Beksinski + Giger. Its definitely in the body horror category, but to me its not horrific, like that other anon.
>>
>>389328224
>Geiger wankfest
Its more Beksiński than Giger t b q h.
>>
>>389346980

Yes. Right now, there's no consequence. I would've loved if they went more with Dante's Inferno or something. That would tie Giger's and Beksiński's art with the gameplay so much more.
>>
If this ever comes out, it's going to bomb. Normies will be grossed out by it and the only people who will get it are chronically depressed atheists.
>>
>>389327765
It's slow but with environments like that I would be ok with a first person exploration/puzzle game.
A bit of survival with the occasional horrific but weak enemy to make the world seem alive can be nice I guess.

It looks like fake-gameplay but at least it was added on steam and we know that it's split in two parts, it seems like things move at least a bit.
>>
Seemed pretty fucking boring.
What's the point of the game? Walk around and look at the environments? Because we just did and it got boring in this short trailer, let alone an entire game.
Explore? So far the player found nothing, but shitty enemies.
Fight? Half the enemies just straight up bailed and the other half looked incredibly boring to fight.
>>
>>389330719
if you would have paid attention you would have noticed that he was on his last bullet
>>
>>389348003
We've seen how slow those things move. He could have killed the one in the middle and walked between the other two. Assuming they even attacked him to begin with.
>>
>>389328328
>"I love how people do this thing I don't like"

Redditors have always been embarrassing but I will never get used to it
>>
>>389348060
ur literally a retard dude
>>
>environments are actually bland as fuck when you get bored of "gristle-covered tubes and hallways"
>enemies look idiotic
>reload animation slow as fuck and covers most of the screen
>no ambient music, just try hard chords
>oOo did we show you le ebin scary gristle on walls yet??

This just looks really boring. It's like they're demoing concept art in a game for people with clinical depression. I bet the artificial difficulty will be that in later levels, you continue to do everything slow as fuck while you get zerg rushed by enemies.
>>
>>389347953
It's another "we have nice art and want to tell a story but cant be fucked making a movie so we'd rather making a walking sim with tacked on guns" """game"""
>>
>>389348578
Because a movie that's nothing but environments is boring but a game that lets you explore an environment is interesting.
>>
>>389348747
so far theres really not much exploring to do though.
Things look heavily linear.
>>
/v/ really does hate video games
>>
>>389349232
Can you stop posting every two minutes? We get it, you're mad /v/ doesn't like your game. Get over it.
>>
>>389349495
did the devs murder your wife and raped your son or something anon, what's with this personal crusade over a literally who game
>>
File: 1474850613486.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
1474850613486.gif
2MB, 448x252px
>>389327765

Really not sure what they were going for with this.

I could dig it if this was some new horror game, but you have a gun. There goes any sense of actual danger, right out the window.

Looks like a pretty standard FPS with a Giger art style.

Release date's a whole year away, let's see if that's enough time for them to prove there's anything unique about this game other than the art style.
>>
>>389349232
Scorn is not a video game.
>>
>>389349717
You're not a video game
>>
Retards hate on this when the gameplay doesn't look any different from Half Life.
>>
>>389349712
>you have a gun
You can still have guns and still have a sense of actual danger. Which is why I hate horror games that take away any form of defense.
>>
>>389349712
>gun = no sense of danger

spotted the amnesiafag who's reponsible for the decline of actual horror games, kys, fgt
>>
>>389338515
borderline autist
>>
Judging by the footage, it seems that the game takes place in a facility (or perhaps an entire civilization) where biomechanical engineering was the norm.

Something probably happened that caused the biological matter they used to build all this stuff to grow out of control. Judging by the state of things, that happened a long time ago though, as the structures are worn out and the flesh seems to be decaying and the creatures it spawns dying.
>>
>looks like Alien Half Life
>all the retards hate on it while they whined about HL3 being cancelled
>>
>>389349712
>Have gun
>Kill things with ease
>Suddenly, a danger is introduced that your gun is useless against
>That danger is now twice as scary because it ignores previously established rules
>>
File: 1501183588516.jpg (102KB, 605x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1501183588516.jpg
102KB, 605x1140px
I really like how this game looks and I hope it will be great and everyone will enjoy it.
>>
>>389328512
Yea I was hoping the pistol would act more like the gun from Existenz that used teeth as bullets and felt more organic rather than a normal bang gun.
>>
>>389349712
>horrors where you can't even attempt to fight back are the only good ones
Sorry for your shit taste I suppose
>>
>>389327765
This actually looks like Prey 2.
>>
>>389347384
It's more like it's a Giger world covered in Beksinski organics and decay.
>>
>>389350665
>The ending is you finding the "brains" of the organism
>It asks you to kill it, as it has grown tired and old
>>
>>389327765
>Beksinski.
>A ton of hits.
This shit is nothing like Zdzislaw's paintings, the motifs, use of color, texture, and most importantly his work just looks different.
His figures were noticably human with a series of traits:
>Removal, obstruction of eyes.
>Additional limbs.
>Female effigies, strange decoration.
>Emaciated and skeletal figures.
>Military motifs of living in Poland during WW2.
>Dreamscapes involving capillary structures, oceans, and the abstract.
This is weird ayyylmao Giger shit, not Beksinski. Even Bekinski's most ominous and threatening figures are never meant to be horror.
>>
>>389351501
Beksinski works are piece of shit. This actually looks good.
>>
File: barlowe.jpg (1MB, 1749x1200px) Image search: [Google]
barlowe.jpg
1MB, 1749x1200px
>>389351501
If anything, this game screams Barlowe
>>
>>389351623
No it doesn't.
It's the same Giger shit as always, but now it's being employed in a different way.
Also, no accounting for shit taste.
>>
>>389341553
not on /v/ newfag
>>
>>389351763
I don't see any asses.
>>
File: wayne_barlowe_streets_of_dis.jpg (348KB, 1200x872px) Image search: [Google]
wayne_barlowe_streets_of_dis.jpg
348KB, 1200x872px
>>389351661
I wish we'd get a game that is based on Barlowe's art. Scorn might be the closest we'll ever get, though.
>>
>>389351943
>>389351763
Check Agony.
It looks closer than Scorn to Barlowe.
>>
>>389351661
My bad.
>>389352161
>>
File: 1499232284803.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1499232284803.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>389349712
SH, RE, and DS say hi.
>>
>>389351943
>>389351661
Barlowe literally designed Dante's Inferno though.
>>
File: hell_monoliths.jpg (488KB, 1544x1049px) Image search: [Google]
hell_monoliths.jpg
488KB, 1544x1049px
>>389352161
Agony is much too traditional a depiction of hell to be Barlowe tier.
>>
File: pepescorn.jpg (18KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
pepescorn.jpg
18KB, 255x255px
>>
File: beksinski (26).jpg (323KB, 800x986px) Image search: [Google]
beksinski (26).jpg
323KB, 800x986px
>Giger and Beksinski aesthetics

I will play it purely for the visual element, hope the gameplay gets more varied from what we've seen though, at least with exploration.
>>
>>389352350
kek that was fast, saved
>>
>>389352326
There's nothing like this in Agony of course, but after watching it, it could pass for his more subdued paintings.
>>
File: Qman_by_Wayne_Barlowe.jpg (617KB, 1499x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Qman_by_Wayne_Barlowe.jpg
617KB, 1499x1200px
>>389352275
He only worked on a few designs, he wasn't the lead art director or anything like that.
>>
File: 1446840447080.gif (828KB, 485x282px) Image search: [Google]
1446840447080.gif
828KB, 485x282px
I don't get all the mouthbreathers in the comments going nuts over this game. The aesthetic looks alright but the gameplay looks like a slower D44M reskin with bogstandard FPS shit.
>>
File: giger.jpg (55KB, 396x594px) Image search: [Google]
giger.jpg
55KB, 396x594px
>mfw
>>
>>389351501
It's not really sexual enough to be Giger, although I suppose we've only seen a small almost so far
>>
File: giger (20).jpg (240KB, 1207x800px) Image search: [Google]
giger (20).jpg
240KB, 1207x800px
>>389352613
it pains me to see him like this, he was very ill :(
rip in pieces you madman
>>
>>389342523
Beksinski has much more diverse imagery than you give him credit for
>>
>>389352581
>the gameplay looks like a slower D44M reskin with bogstandard FPS shit.
the gameplay looks like HL you retard
>>
File: dantes-inferno-charon.jpg (485KB, 2187x1656px) Image search: [Google]
dantes-inferno-charon.jpg
485KB, 2187x1656px
>>389351943
literally dante's inferno my lad
>>
>>389352497
Well shit dude, he's not a video game designer.
>>
>>389352792
That and King Minos are his only contributions to the game, though. He pitched other designs too, but they went unused.
>>
File: 1498087345144.png (17KB, 592x533px) Image search: [Google]
1498087345144.png
17KB, 592x533px
>>389352725
>the gameplay looks like HL you retard
So even more boring?
>>
Why make something like this a cinematic shootan game and not an adventure/puzzle game?
>>
>>389352980
because no one would buy it except a couple of us weirdos
>>
>>389352865
I know, but you don't really have to be one to supervise the art direction of a project like a videogame.

I'm sure many studios have hired artists as advisors to achieve a certain look and feel for their game. What EA did with Barlowe was basically commission a few boss designs and then chucked them in with the designs of their own artists.
>>
>>389328446
>That would get old pretty fast.
that's what your mother said last night
>>
>>389352980
They want to sell more than one copy.
>>
>>389352980
Because thus far every other game that attempts this sort of style goes the puzzle route.
>>
>>389329597
same.
>>
>>389327765

Why are they trying to combine metallic and organic aspects so much? It'd be more interesting just to go all the way and have the metallic components be sculpted bone.
>>
>>389353850
Probably part of the story. Biomechanical engineering gone awry.
>>
>>389353043
A couple of weirdos are going to be the ones buying it anyway. I severely doubt it will be in any way satisfying as an FPS.

>>389353335
Probably because giving you a gun and telling you to go shoot things undermines the atmosphere and the better you actually make it as a shooter, the more and more of that atmosphere is lost.
>>
Looks like exactly the same trailer for that Routine game and what the fuck happened to that.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (7KB, 292x173px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
7KB, 292x173px
Scooorrn!
An Atmospheric Horror Adventure developed by Ebb Software. Set in a nightmarish universe of odd forms and somber tapestry.
>>
>>389353946

I suppose that could work. I was hoping it'd be more like an inverse of human technology where beings are husbanded to act as machines.
>>
>>389336146
>Which is why I'm only invited to upscale dinners with intelligent people
c r i n g e
>>
>Conscious biomechanical matter used to create all the machinery in this civilization, because next to no maintenance that it couldn't perform itself
>Something happens that causes it to grow out of control, taking over the entire civilization
>The player is a failsafe, the antibody that the organism creates to destroy itself, designed just for such occasions
>For some reason or another, your creation has taken a lot longer than intended, and the entire civilization has been absorbed for a good while when you awaken

I'd almost bet money on this being the story.
>>
>>389353850
Because Giger, literally look at any thing Giger has ever done. Nearly his entire work is based off of biomechanical imagery, and the environments of scorn, that aren't fleshy, are straight from Giger's playbook. (Specifically, from his work on Alien. The bone like floors, ribbed tubing, etc.)
Thread posts: 508
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.