[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic Must be Cleansed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 279
Thread images: 54

File: IMG_2162.png (242KB, 582x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2162.png
242KB, 582x768px
>A total reboot/remake like Crash Bandicoot
>Sonic looks like pic related
>Gameplay is a mix of Adventure 2 Sonic stages and Utopia, with a dash of 2D. No boosting. Homing attack stays. None of that shit where you have to press a button to duck under something.
>No more voice acting
>No more humans besides Robotnik
>Sonic doesn't live on or anywhere near Earth
>Robotnik IS from regular Earth. His backstory shows he's an egomaniacal genius inventor but is mocked by his colleagues for his insane creations and dubbed "Eggman" for his portly shape. His inventions bring him into another dimension (Sonics world) where he enslaves Sonic, Sonics friends, and turns the tiny animals into killer robots
>The stages are courses built by Eggman, to see Sonic run through them like a rat in a maze for his enjoyment. He erects cities and power plants for his robot denizens and changes the world in his image.
>First game is about Sonic breaking out and bringing freedom to his homeworld and to his friends
>Games after that can introuduce Sonics friends for gameplay and reboot the classics like Mania
>Delete the cringey twitter
>Cancel Sonic Boom and the Comics
>Begin a crusade to destroy all deviantart representations of the character

This is the only way. Sonic puritanism is the path to enlightenment.
>>
File: sexy dude.png (447KB, 558x414px) Image search: [Google]
sexy dude.png
447KB, 558x414px
>>389323978
CURSE YOU SONIC FRIIICKS!!

YOU RUIN EVERYTHING
>>
>>389324132
ripoff of mariotehplumber
>>
>>389324193
literally who?
>>
Sonica already been fixed, Sonic Utopia is literally perfect. With an actual game worthy budget it would bring in a new age of 3D Sonic

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5paaz16Nw20
>>
How about you reboot your existence
>>
sonicfag thread
>>
File: 1504074741534.png (52KB, 1783x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1504074741534.png
52KB, 1783x1072px
>DUDE REBOOTS LMAO
No. They're finally on the right path by making games to individually appease both classicfags and modernfags. All they have to do is find a formula for 3D that is objectively not shitty and isn't just a carbon copy of Colors and Generations.
>>
>>389324264
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Run16pN_g4A
>>
>>389323978

How about no. Also, the comics being rebooted at IDW
>>
>>389324472
>and isn't just a carbon copy of Colors
Why not?
>>
>>389325032
Because it's boring to have the same fucking game three times in a row, like what is happening now with Forces. A 3D game should be 3D, it shouldn't be 40% comprised of 2D sections that try to pander to oldschool platformer fans and yet don't have the satisfying gameplay of the titles they're based on.
>>
>>389323978
>>Gameplay is a mix of Adventure 2
Already fucked up. Sonic Mania exists, go fucking play it.
>>
does anyone actually care about mania anymore?
>>
>>389324472
> All they have to do is find a formula for 3D

-Like Utopia, with a sprinkling of parkour
-Open world
-a button that allows you to interact with the environment as you run at high speed as you press/hold it (think the Ninja run in MGR). highly dependable on the speed & momentum you're going at

example:
1) running towards a steep wall; press/hold the button to run up / along the wall. hit the wall and stop, otherwise.

2) running towards a waist high ledge; press/hold the button to to initiate a small hop on the ledge without losing speed.

3) running high speed towards a series of floating platforms. hold the button so you end up hopping to each platforms without losing much in terms of speed, though you do end up slowing down after several platforms. otherwise, you're expected to jump to each platform carefully like a traditional 3D platformer.

>the button also allows you to make sharp 90 degree turns as Sonic runs at high speeds, quickly holding onto trees/lamp post/poles/etc. and letting go quickly to make the turn.

>other parkour related stuff involved with interacting with the environment.

combat mechanics, however is a doozy for me. the homing attack feels like a no go for me. one idea i had, Sonic being a speedster, is something like Bayonetta's Witch Time + BamHam combat.
>>
>>389324306
Sonic is the only character in existance that fits open world. He is the only one that fits in game like that because moving around big distances is not a pain in the ass.
>>
File: 1498182720553.jpg (47KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
1498182720553.jpg
47KB, 621x502px
>>389325219
Sonic fans legit don't know what they want. We finally have a formula that works well so we scrap it, make Lost World, people hate it (because who the fuck wants platforming lel), so we go back to what worked and it's still bad.
>>
Sonic will never be "fixed" as long as he's in the hands of incompetent devs like Sonic Team. You could give them a list of some of the best game design concepts in the world and they'd still find a way to execute them in some flawed manner.
>>
i work for sega i'll get right on it
>>
>>389324306
There's no depth to that gameplay though. I understand that it's a showcase of the physics and shit and a real game would have more properly defined levels, but there'd be no point to actually bother to explore shit or fight badniks. It just looks boring and empty.
>>
Yeah, no. That fucking "Robotnik created a Matrix for Sonic" theory is retarded. fanfic levels of retarded. Sonic has been cleansed, Mania was the cleansing. A simple plot without any bullshit to get in the way, bullshit like this retarded theory.
>>
>>389326132
>What are collectables
>What are time trials
>What are bonus stages
>What are alternating paths

Theres a shitload of things they can sprinkle in to give incentive to the player. For fucks sake, add a Chao Garden and have it be where you can collect drives and animals for them. Incentive shoots up 110% and so does everyone's dick
>>
>>389326036
>We finally have a formula that works well so we scrap it
Sonic Team scrapped it because after three games they were tired of designing levels that had to be several miles long in order to compensate for Sonic's speed.
>make Lost World, people hate it (because who the fuck wants platforming lel)
People typically enjoy platforming when the level design is good. Also Lost World's binary speed settings is the stupidest thing you could implement in a Sonic game.
>so we go back to what worked and it's still bad
Yes, Forces' level design does look pretty bland and unimpressive, and this is supposed to be the result of four years of development time. Probably would have been better to release Mania after Forces as a "sorry" of sorts.
>>
File: 1501816336842.jpg (108KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1501816336842.jpg
108KB, 500x492px
>>389326036
>>389324472
>>389323978
The adventure formula works, just don't include any other gameplay that isn't Sonic/Shadow. Just fix the camera and we're gravy.
>>
>>389326296
>Robotnik created a Matrix for Sonic
That sounds cool though. I'd play a Sanic game with that plot, with the aesthetics of those virtual levels from Colors.
>>
>>389326132
You could say the same thing about 2D Sonic, and yet it spawned a franchise that's lasted 25 years.
>>
>>389323978
Plot sounds horrible and disturbing.
>>
>>389325776
Homing attack keeps the flow going.
>>
>>389323978
>>Delete the cringey twitter
>>Cancel Sonic Boom and the Comics
>>Begin a crusade to destroy all deviantart representations of the character
Outside of these things, I agree with you completely.
>>
>>389326689
Mario started out as basic as Sonic, and yet in Mario Galaxy there's all kinds of cool powerups and shit that mix up the core platforming gameplay. That doesn't make Mario 1 any less fun, but literally just translating Mario 1 into 3D like Utopia is trying to do with 2D Sonic wouldn't make a fun game.
>>
>>389323978
Why not just make a new game franchise at this point if you are going to destroy so much of Sonic's identity?
>>
>>389326563
So you just want to hate, even a game that you only know 2 levels. Honest question, why do you still care? Why not just move on to Mario or whatever?

>>389326617
>just don't include what made Adventure more fun
What's the next genius idea?
>>
>>389323978
Fuck off classicfag.
>>
>>389323978
So bad.
>>
>>389324414
How many of the replies do you think are just him?
>>
>>389323978
Half of the things you want seem to basically be a reinvention of Sonic, you know the shit SEGA has failed at time and time again.
>>
>>389323978
Or just make an adaptation of the britbong Sonic comics.
>>
>>389325776
>the homing attack feels like a no go for me
The homing attack is fine. Enemies in Sonic games aren't supposed to serve as actual threats, just as another kind of obstacle Sonic can use to traverse through the environment.

The only change you need to make to the homing attack is that it needs to carry momentum when you bounce off of an enemy instead of popping you straight up into the air.
>>
File: autobalance.png (450KB, 615x656px) Image search: [Google]
autobalance.png
450KB, 615x656px
Utopia is not the answer to 3D Sonic, nor is the boost formula. Sonic thrives on momentum and speed, levels in the 3D games should be built like a skate park; curved surfaces, open spaces, and different altitudes all while being contained in a comfortable environment
>>
File: 1364575757221.jpg (174KB, 580x559px) Image search: [Google]
1364575757221.jpg
174KB, 580x559px
>Pick up Sonia Mania
>become super sonic
>his eyes aren't red

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>389327069
I see you saw Sonic Spitball.
>>
>>389326331
>What are collectables
>What are time trials
>What are bonus stages
>What are alternating paths
Nobody cares about this. People want to get from point A to point B while avoiding enemies and obstacles.

It's fucking ironic that you people say that 3D Sonic needs to be fixed and in the same thread offers such awful suggestions that goes against what made Sonic so famous.

If you want something like that, you should look for it in another franchise. Hell, take that idea and start a new one..
>>
>>389327179
They did with Freedom Planet. OP practically wants Freedom Planet 3D.
>>
>>389327069
>The only change you need to make to the homing attack is that it needs to carry momentum when you bounce off of an enemy instead of popping you straight up into the air.
So you can just mash A and still go fast?
>>
>>389326937
>even a game that you only know 2 levels
We know at least four levels by now, anon. The whole "just wait until we see more of the game" bit doesn't hold much weight anymore.
>Honest question, why do you still care? Why not just move on to Mario or whatever?
Are you implying that people can only have one interest? Do you focus all of your attention on the Sonic franchise? How sad.
>>
>Mania team gets 2 more games
>Chris lets Sega use the retro engine for more 2d styled sonic games, while he moves on to different things
>Sega releases smaller 2D adventures, for $10-20, while still releasing modern titles at $40-60
>2D elements are phased out of the modern titles
Thoughts?
>>
File: 1503896724627.jpg (77KB, 640x550px) Image search: [Google]
1503896724627.jpg
77KB, 640x550px
>>389327406
I want modern styled 2D games at some point.
>>
>>389326906
You're comparing a completed commercial product to a glorified tech demo. I'm sure the devs have plans to implement shit like the elemental shields and level gimmicks in an attempt to add more depth to their project, but as of now Utopia is just a "well, here's what we've got to show off right now" type of thing.
>>
>>389326563
Not him, but the worst thing about LW wasn't the binary speeds, but rather the level design.
If the game had good levels that were built around the moveset Sonic had in that title, it would have been a fine game. If that was corrected and the game were a bit less generic with the actual level themes it could have been something special.

Only a few good levels (like windy hill 1) come to mind, where the rest were too linear, gimmicky, or weirdly out of place.
The parkour could also use some touching up or just be rebound to a less retarded button. Wisps could have been done better too, but for some reason nobody on their dev team seems to realize what made them work well in colors in the first place.
>>
>>389327110
>I see you saw Sonic Spitball.
No, I played the original games and see no reason why a similar concept can't be properly applied in 3D.
>>
>>389327406
All of this is a no brainer, we're just stuck at the point of deciding how a 3D Sonic title should play without just being another boost or Adventure game
>>
File: 45954377_p50.jpg (83KB, 460x630px) Image search: [Google]
45954377_p50.jpg
83KB, 460x630px
>>389327406
I don't trust Sega to make 2D Sonic games even if they have his engine but the rest sound fine to me, especially the whole no 2D elements in 3D part. I do wonder what Chris & co. will make in the long term beyond Sonic, they must have a lot of ideas after fucking around with this series for so long.
>>
Just take the Mania engine, flesh out the special stage tech, and turn it into a game.
>>
>>389327248
Nah, I like how Utopia handled it and had Sonic perform a small double jump unless he was near an enemy. Keeps the homing attack from being spammable like in Adventure 1 and promotes the concept of earning speed instead.
>>
File: Dr.Wily is happy.png (41KB, 149x140px) Image search: [Google]
Dr.Wily is happy.png
41KB, 149x140px
Looks like the fanbase is fully segregated now between the people who want 3D sonic fit with friends and full characteririzing cutscenes. versus the true sonic fans

What an interesting time to be alive. here, have some music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge6hqMK4iXc
>>
>>389327458
But you're already getting one with Forces.
>>
>>389327406
>2D elements are phased out of the modern titles
Thanks but no thanks

Ok with the rest though as long as classicfags stop bitching about modern sonic
>>
>>389327514
>Not him, but the worst thing about LW wasn't the binary speeds, but rather the level design.
But I said the level design wasn't very good. Not directly, I guess, but still. Also I feel the binary speeds are still a huge flaw with Lost World's gameplay. If people have such a huge issue controlling Sonic, they should have implemented a brake button instead that slows Sonic down to walking speed.
>>
>>389327749
>true sonic fans
People who prefer the Adventure or boost games don't have any less valid of an opinion than the people that prefer the old Genesis games. That's like saying people who prefer 3D Zelda to 2D Zelda aren't real Zeldafags. We're at the phase where both branches of the franchise need to start expanding at the same time instead of just making one or the other.
>>
>>389327749
>true sonic fans
Bitching on the internet for over 10 years doesn't makes you a true sonic fan
>>
File: 1498182701803.gif (2MB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
1498182701803.gif
2MB, 400x306px
SEGA should reestablish the SEGA technical institute, and have them handle Sonic games as well as bring back a ton of other properties like Ecco.
>>
>>389328057
Thing is both forms of Zelda are good. Where as there has never been a single good 3D sonic game
>>
>>389328057
>People who prefer the Adventure or boost games don't have any less valid of an opinion than the people that prefer the old Genesis games.
Yes, they do. Their taste is bad and they should feel bad.
>>
>>389327938
I don't understand this. Did you actually like the 2D sections in Colors and Generations?
>playing Super Mario 64 2 or Sunshine 2 or whatever
>gameplay suddenly turns into shitty watered down version of Super Mario World
What's the fucking point? I bought a 3D Mario game, I want to play a 3D Mario game, not a shitty approximation of 2D Mario. There is no good reason they shouldn't each be their own thing.
>>
File: 00c.jpg (83KB, 394x406px) Image search: [Google]
00c.jpg
83KB, 394x406px
>>389328149
I thought Adventure 2, Colors and Generations were fine. Unleashed was like 40% fun.
>>
>>389317543
>head over heals for MC
It's the same hero worship Tails has for him. I guess Tails is Chi-Chi too. And it's heels, Retard.
>constantly ignored
Because she's irrelevant to Sonic's life. Chi-Chi is Goku's wife. I guess Bark the Polar Bear is Chi-Chi too, then. Retard.
>love never even enters MC's brain
That's a character trait relevant to Sonic, not Amy. And even then, Goku married Chi-Chi, and at the very least likes her. Sonic doesn't care about Amy at all. Retard.
>kind of annoying by her, but keeps saving her
Annoyed, you mean, and that's another Sonic trait. Chi-Chi didn't need Goku to save her, either. He only gave her a lift home. Chi-Chi could kill dinosaurs all on her own and was never in real danger. Sonic rescued Amy because she's useless, fragile, and ineffectual. Retard.
>she's got a bit of a temper
Nothing about Amy in any classic games suggest this. Retard.
You're a massive fucking Amyfag retard. Classic Amy is more irrelevant than fucking Silver Sonic.
/autism
>>
>>389327749
>le Sonic's shitty friends meme
Having multiple playable characters isnt the problem. The different playstyles and objectives are. The classic games handled multiple playable characters perfectly by making them similar, but each with a unique ability. Sonic's friends also haven't been important at all for over a decade. Fuck off.
>>
>>A total reboot/remake like Crash Bandicoot
Not necessary. Sure, "reboot" it but don't cancel everything else going on. Build and fund a studio that can make competent 3D Sonic games, and let Sonic Team and Mania Team keep doing what they do, and don't meddle with either. Support them at least until they stop being profitable.
>>Sonic looks like pic related
It's the best drawing of Sonic's design that there is, so yes.
>>Gameplay is a mix of Adventure 2 Sonic stages and Utopia, with a dash of 2D. No boosting. Homing attack stays. None of that shit where you have to press a button to duck under something.
More Utopia than Adventure 2, but definitely pull from both, and rework the parkour system from Lost World into something more simple and fluid, to get the most out of complex 3D level design.
>No more voice acting
Yes.
>No more humans besides Robotnik
Not necessary either. Just style them in a way an old-timey cartoon would stylize them, with the same 80's anime flare Sonic had. Mostly focus on nature being ruined by Eggman's greed, and the wildlife he's effecting. But there doesn't need to be a policy to exclude humans from cutscenes or settings or whatever
>>Robotnik IS from regular Earth. His backstory shows he's an egomaniac genius inventor but is mocked by his colleagues for his insane creations and dubbed "Eggman" for his portly shape. His inventions bring him into another dimension (Sonics world) where he enslaves Sonic, Sonics friends, and turns the tiny animals into killer robots
I liked the backstory idea of "Eggman" being a brand, a beloved icon, people enjoy the jolly fat man's cute inventions and wonderful places his industries are behind, and that makes him very rich. He uses these funds to go to more dangerous inventions and work toward insidious goals of making a "utopia" for humans by wiping out all nature.
Headcanon aside, Eggman doesn't really need a backstory to look into, what's important are his actions and how they hurt the Earth.
>>
File: 1449094288313.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1449094288313.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>389328730
Classicfags are such hypocrites.
>You know what killed Sonic? All these shitty supplementary characters!

>ZOMG Team Hooligan :D
>Playable Amy Rose when?
>>
>>389328882
>>The stages are courses built by Eggman, to see Sonic run through them like a rat in a maze for his enjoyment. He erects cities and power plants for his robot denizens and changes the world in his image.
I always assumed he made them to be used by humans, but it's best to leave the reason WHY Eggman is making these places ambigious. But not all locations are Eggman constructs, some are natural environments or beautiful ancient ruins that Eggman is in the process of destorying.
>>First game is about Sonic breaking out and bringing freedom to his homeworld and to his friends
Of course, Sonic's original animal friends are very important characters. However I don't think there's any reason to undo what has happened in Sonic 1 - & Knuckles.
>>Games after that can introuduce Sonics friends for gameplay and reboot the classics like Mania
The first game can do that. Do what the classics and Mania do, making Tails and Knuckles optional characters with minor alterations to the game's events to accommodate them, and alter level design and bosses for both of them. Getting classic style Tails and Knuckles to work in 3D would be a great effort, and is worth including in the game.
>>Delete the cringey twitter
>>Cancel Sonic Boom and the Comics
>>Begin a crusade to destroy all deviantart representations of the character
No need, and that's doing more harm than good.
>>
How can you 'reboot' a franchise that already has a billion different canons already?
>>
>>389328926
Classicfags don't want Amy Rose. Advance loving Amyfags that desperately want to hijack Mania do. Glad she wasn't in the game.
Team Hooligan is a comics thing. In that form, they don't exist in any classic games.
>>
>>389329046
Classicfags are like christians, they hate seeing other people have fun even if it doesn't affects their own fun in any way.
>>
File: 1501981348491.png (1MB, 800x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1501981348491.png
1MB, 800x1125px
>>389329046
>Classicfags don't want Amy Rose. Advance loving Amyfags that desperately want to hijack Mania do.

Bullshit. I haven't played any Sonic games except for the classics yet, and I wanted Amy.
>>
File: 1496768972247.png (62KB, 326x277px) Image search: [Google]
1496768972247.png
62KB, 326x277px
I was going to take part in this thread, but upon reading it further, I've realized it's a fucking terrible thread. Call me when we have a comfy Mania thread again.
>>
>>389328926
>You know what killed Sonic? All these shitty supplementary characters!
Yes, Sonic Team's implementation of the series' supplementary characters is what killed Sonic. If they had just stuck to Sonic 2 and 3's method of implementation there wouldn't have been a problem.

Hell, you don't see anyone complaining about the characters in the Advance games. I wonder why.
>>
>>389328273
>Super Mario World with acrobatic and karate moves
It would be fun.
>>
>>389329151
Upvoted.

>>389329207
Yeah yeah go back to playing Adventure. Amyfag opinions don't matter.
>>
>>389328926
These are not classicfags, these are dumb secondaries. Learn the difference.
>>
>>389329046
Amy and Metal Sonic are from CD. Therefore theyre indeed classic Sonic characters. Theres nothing wrong with any of the characters design wise, them speaking is the problem
>>
>>389329046
>Classicfags don't want Amy Rose
Objectively incorrect. Go back through the countless Mania prerelease threads and ctrl+F Amy and see how many people were sperging out about how they wanted her in the game.
>no Amy no buy
>>
>>389329291
You're a leech.

>>389329336
Archives don't preserve the IP count. A few posters posting the same things over and over again doesn't magically make their shitty niche opinion popular.
>>
>>389328273
>>gameplay suddenly turns into shitty watered down version of Super Mario World
Mario's been doing that since, what, Galaxy? Thankfully it's okay when Nintendo does it.
>>
>>389329336
>tfw I literally posted that
I really like Amy. After the Mega Drive comic I had such high hopes that she would be playable.
>>
File: 1500151892242.png (142KB, 474x259px) Image search: [Google]
1500151892242.png
142KB, 474x259px
>>389329569
Give me more.
>>
File: 1504190199810.gif (31KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1504190199810.gif
31KB, 256x256px
>>389329569
She was planned bro. They probably realized they just didn't have enough time for extra characters.

Don't worry, her and Metal are practically confirmed for Mania 2.
>>
>>389329643

I'm personally hoping for Amy and Blaze. Also, what with how well Mania is doing, we might end up getting a DLC after-all. Who knows?
>>
>>389328926
If Sonic Team made a 3D game with multiple characters that play similarly, this would have never been a problem.
The entire game would be a lot more polished if they didn't waste dev time on unnecessary shit like treasure hunting and the werehog. The classic and OC sections in Forces show that Sonic Team hasn't learned a thing from their mistakes.
People want Knuckles? Just make a slower Sonic that can glide. It's not that hard.
>>
File: 1500915267870.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1500915267870.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>389330015
>and Blaze
Oh I didn't realize I was just talking to a waifufag. Modern characters ain't happening, get it out of your head.
>>
>>389330015
>I'm personally hoping for Amy and Blaze.
>Blaze
Never gonna happen.
>>
>>389330123

I'm not that same person. And I'm not a waifu fag I just think blaze fits really well.

>>389330168

Most likely. But lets hope to some good mods. But we should get another game in the Advance series and have Blaze, Cream, and such in there.
>>
>>389329643
>>389330015
How's it feel knowing Taxman and Stealth personally trashed the idea of including Amy before developing her even began? Unlike the Super Emeralds (which are fully complete) and other things cut by executive meddling, Amy has nothing. It was internally rejected. Even her little proof-of-concept loodle that included an Amy cameo for Studiopolis was cut from the "Sonic Discovery" pitch. It's not going to happen.
>>
>>389323978
>Homing attack
Fucking casual.
>>
File: say that to my face.webm (930KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
say that to my face.webm
930KB, 640x480px
Real talk. Is it worth putting any effort into a fangame with ideas for 3D sanic versus dumping all that effort into making an original IP? There aren't many, if any games that occupy a similar niche as Sonic after all. Would the audience go for it or would Sonic fans be petty and shit all over anything that tries to compete?
>>
>>389330330
Stealth once said that making new characters takes a lot more time, effort, and testing than people realize. There isn't anything for her because they knew from the start that they wouldn't have enough time to put her into the game. A playable character is way more of a task than some Super Emerald sprite.
>>
>>389330421
Make the fangame and if it's good rework it into an original game.
>>
>>389330270
>Most likely.
No, it just won't. Iizuka already made that clear.
>But we should get another game in the Advance series and have Blaze, Cream, and such in there.
There will never be another modern-centric sidescroller unless classic Sonic stops being marketable for some reason.
>>
>>389330514
At least the man has some class. Just saying "we don't want her" would be a bit rough.
>>
>>389326937
The Sonic/Shadow portions of Adventure 2 were the only decent portions but overall Adventure's gameplay is hot garbage, I don't know why people have boners for it. Nostalgia maybe?
>>
Already cleaned. Sonic Mania is the best Sonic game since Sonic 3.
>>
>>389330648
They played it as kids and hold fond memories of the game. I replayed it last year and only Sonic stages were fun. And then my Dreamcast crashed on the pyramid level.
>>
>>389330330
She was probably cut due to the amount of sprites she would have needed. Mania's animation's have twice as many frames as the Genesis games and all they have to work with are Amy's standing and walking animations from CD. They would also have to make sure she doesn't break the levels and can get through them as easily as the others. Playable Amy would've caused the game to be delayed for a few more months.
>>
File: 1384074487555s.jpg (10KB, 225x250px) Image search: [Google]
1384074487555s.jpg
10KB, 225x250px
>>389330535

The game would never escape the comparisons to a Sonic fangame though. Sort of like what happened to Freedom Planet.
>>
>>389330767
Rework it, don't reskin it. Don't let it seem like it's a weird take on the same universe.
>>
>>389327749
But Sonic Adventure was made by the original development team taking advantage of hardware.
>>
>>389330765
>cut
No, trashed. The very idea was trashed upon showing Taxman an MS Paint doodled M. She never started being developed, there was nothing to cut. You're right about it being a big waste of time and effort, though.
>>
>>389330650
I hope you enjoy Sonic Mania not existing anymore once Forces comes out and everybody is back to saying Sonic was never good.
>>
>>389328926
Yes, but only Sonic's story is canon in the classic series, the other ones are extras.
Maybe Kuckles' can be considered canon too, set just after Sonic's part.
>>
>>389329207
Here's my question.

What the fuck would Amy bring to classic sonic in comparison to
>Sonic's speed
>Tail's flight
>Knuckle's flight and climbing

Without changing he layout of entire classic sonic levels, in what context would Amy's character not be redundant to use?
>>
>>389328926
>classicfags
>caring about amy
A few spammers don't represent the majority.
>>
>>389331226
Vertical soeed
>>
File: 1389921927560.png (205KB, 494x743px) Image search: [Google]
1389921927560.png
205KB, 494x743px
>>389323978

Make Rouge the main character.
>>
>>389331226
She was the hard mode in Advance
>>
File: 1504461993510.jpg (62KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1504461993510.jpg
62KB, 400x400px
>>389323978
>Hard Reboot
So Iizuka can shove green hill zone into the game for the 10th time? Homie I'm good.

If we could get Adventure 1 style platforming in 3D, and Sonic Advance style speed sections where you need to rely on physics, speed and memory like it's always been-- ARIN-- then it'd be an amazing blend.

But nah, we're gonna get buttfuddled for the tenth time because devs know best j guess.

>>389330549
It hurts. He thinks we want Classic Sonic when we just want good sonic gameplay. He can only ride the nostalgia boner for so long before everyone gets really, really sick of it.
>>
>>389331324
That's cream and even then, that's be like a lamer version of tails.

Also, is there a picture of A Simpson meme where the janitor is ranting about sonic fans being their own worst enemy
>>
>>389331226

Her hammer. Perhaps used as a sort of insta-shield sorta type ability that extends her hit-box. Of coarse they made the insta-shield a 'no save mode' bonus feature for Sonic in Mania, so that's no longer an option for that particular game. The next game, if it ever comes, could be different. There are all sorts of variations I bet you could do with different characters.

I don't want 2D Sonic stuck with the same three characters only, Amy is a logical extension to the Roster.
>>
File: 1403796243244.png (179KB, 278x365px) Image search: [Google]
1403796243244.png
179KB, 278x365px
>>389331547
>He thinks we want Classic Sonic when we just want good sonic gameplay.
I'm fine with both.
>>
File: 1414378388237.png (161KB, 490x394px) Image search: [Google]
1414378388237.png
161KB, 490x394px
>>389331563
>Also, is there a picture of A Simpson meme where the janitor is ranting about sonic fans being their own worst enemy
Please go away.
>>
>>389331661
You know that there is one and he's talking about classic and modern sonic fans and boost fans and anti boost fans
>>
File: and amy.png (40KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
and amy.png
40KB, 640x478px
>>389331226
Assuming we're not using spin-offs or modern games... Being very very slow. You know how she runs after Sonic at top speed in Sonic CD, and it's like a snail's pace? That's as fast as she moves. Like Motobug in Sonic the Hedgehog. If she is forced to move faster than that, she will trip and tumble over, you will completely lose control of her until she comes to a complete stop, and if she hits an enemy she dies. So careful not to gain too much momentum. If a path requires the character to spin into a ball, like the little tunnels, you'll have to go back and find another route, because Amy can't access that. Let's keep her character consistent, here. She wouldn't have any weapons, any abilities, or any means of offense or defense at all. Her jump is a little hop, less than half the height of Knuckles' jump, and she has no spin attack, no spin dash, no instashield, no peelout. Chaos Emeralds and Super Emeralds have absolutely no affect on her.

However, you can pair her with Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles. You can have them carry you through the stages, when they carry you you control them, but they can't use attacks. If you walk alongside them, tthey will defeat enemies as they come, and they will fight the bosses themselves while you struggle to survive. You are playing as an accurate portrayal of mainline Classic Amy, where you need to get the hero to save the day and save you! Playing as solo Amy is literally unbeatable without cheats.
>>
>>389331547
The problem is that japs don't have a clue of what the west wants since they don't give a shit about Sanec. I'm sure that Lizuka interpreted Mania's success as "those filthy gaigins want more rehashes"
>>
File: 1404601616269.jpg (74KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1404601616269.jpg
74KB, 720x480px
>>389331754
Again. Go away.
>>
File: IMG_7142.png (283KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7142.png
283KB, 1136x640px
>>389331816
Make me
>>
>>389331802
>You know how she runs after Sonic at top speed in Sonic CD,

Its a good assumption I find that she is better at running and stuff since her time on Little planet in the 90s if she becomes a playable character.
>>
>>389331921
Yeah you can do that and also you can suddenly make Heavy as light as a feather, or have Big go on a diet.
>>
>>389331989
>Suddenly

Nigga, its been 23 years since Sonic & Knuckles.
>>
>>389332071
In Mania it's been like a month. No need to change characters in radical ways, that's what the modern series is for.
>>
>>389327179

>Nobody cares about integral aspects of classic Sonic games

what the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>389331989
Amy was a speed character in SA2 and Heroes. This wouldn't be the first time she could run fast.
>>
>>389332134
I know, the whole point of my post is to be faithful to mainline CLASSIC Amy.
>>
>>389323978
>2d sonic kino: mania
>3d sonic kino: unleashed

its so FUCKING SIMPLE. make sequels to these. these are the best selling sonic games since 2005
>>
>>389332229
>its so FUCKING SIMPLE. make sequels to these. these are the best selling sonic games since 2005
Until Forces comes out and blows them both the fuck out of the water.
>>
>>389332171

She was skipping in CD, if I recall correctly.
>>
>>389331802
She makes a pretty strong showing in The Fighters.
>>
>>389332332
forces is going to blow up in the water instead of blow anything out. its launching at $40 because it has no content, and what content is there looks fucking abysmal. shitty level design, music, artstyle, and story. no hubs, more braindead 2d platforming for colors faggots.

NOBODY! NOBODY! wants forces except reddit and sega forum browsers who are desperate for sonic anything and will defend it to the death
>>
>>389332620
I really want more boost gameplay like in Unleashed
>>
>>389332229
Unleashed would've been kino if the brawler stages were with Knuckles instead of Werehog Sanic
>>
>>389332678
well to fucking bad. everyone said they were broken and glitchy and to hard and to fast. so they made shitty mini acts for colors and made it 90% 2d and cut out all the speed and now these same redditors and sega forumers said it was the best game in their life. and thats what we are stuck with now
>>
>>389331802
>dude shitposts lmao
She can be an adequate runner, about the same speed as Knuckles, who also has no real justification for going fast. Instead of punching through walls she has that big hammer from the arcade game that lets her smash through them, as well as pound special switches that offer paths only she can access. The hammer can be used at the press of a button as an attack move that allows her to kill badniks and destructible hazards.
>>
>>389332346
I was exaggerating how slow she is, but no, she runs. She's about as fast as a Sonic's jog halfway to a run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnXzTqR9x1w

>>389332392
Yes and Sonic uses mixed martial arts, it's a spin-off fighting game and even side characters fight in it. I can at least appreciate the humor in giving the little kid a toy hammer, like how Sonic R gives her a car because she's slow, but the hammer wasn't taken seriously as a part of her character until Adventure.
>>
>>389332229
Unleashed was crap though.
Boost Sanic was better in generations.
>>
>>389332819
Just say "it should be Advance Amy because I like really Amy in Sonic Advance" if you don't want a real answer.
>>
>>389332171
Metal Sonic should be moderately slow unless he's using that one boost attack. He also shouldn't be able to spin at all. You wouldn't want his portrayal to be unfaithful to his appearance in CD, would you?
>>
>>389332913
I've never played Sonic Advance. I don't really want to. She's the only other good guy character from the classic 2D games besides Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. It would be arbitrary to exclude her if the devs had sufficient time to program another character and alter the mp layouts.
>>
>>389333072
Opposed to, what a Sonic reskin? That could be pretty interesting. He could move quickly enough, slightly slower than the other 3, but moving builds up a meter where he can do his charge attack to speed forward and kill enemies.
>>
>>389333097
I didn't say to exclude her. In fact I came up with a whole new gimmick for her.
>>
>>389333264
Being a fucking faggot is what you're doing.
>I personally dislike the idea of having another playable character with their own stage layouts and gameplay style so I'm going to shitpost about it
What's the actual justification for excluding her aside from trying to appeal to people who want it to be traditional and "pure"?
>>
Or just make a Mania 2.
Either or.
>>
File: Amy and Breeze.png (79KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Amy and Breeze.png
79KB, 1024x768px
>>389333517
I get it, you love Modern Amy. You could just say you don't like the idea of a damsel in distress gimmick, man. Trying to use the actual character Classic Amy had and make something new of it, not lift from modern games, was what I tried to do. If you think it sounds like shit whatever, but triggering you this hard to have the AUDACITY not to morph Classic Amy into Modern Amy is another story.
>>
>>389326937
>>just don't include what made Adventure more fun
are you imply arrows that the Knux/rougg and tail/egg stages were good
>>
>>389323978
>PANDER TO MY NOSTALGIA
>I WISH TO CLAP AT YOU
>>
>>389332819
Sound too hard for you? Fucking casuals.
>>
So, what's with the little spider robot that saves you when Eggman tries to drop you out of Flying Battery Zone after the Act 1 boss?
>>
>>389334760
Eggman is tsundere for Sonic
>>
>>389334760
He's a rebel like the Hard Boiled Heavies were supposed to be originally obviously, they snuck it past Iizuka.
>>
File: Eggman CD.png (92KB, 443x238px) Image search: [Google]
Eggman CD.png
92KB, 443x238px
>tfw just realized the sonic CD final boss spells CD
>>
How can something like Forces exist after all the shit Sonic gets for being terrible? Its going to bury Sonic Manias success in negative criticism
>>
>>389323978
The last time they attempted a reboot, we got Sonic 06. Is that what you want OP?
>>
>>389334760

Those things are automatic, it doesn't think, it just happened to grab you.
>>
>Adventurefags still havent buried themselves
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-19-23-32-51.jpg (35KB, 484x538px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-19-23-32-51.jpg
35KB, 484x538px
>>389335080
Holy shit
>>
File: imageproxy.png (360KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
imageproxy.png
360KB, 854x480px
>The Titanic Monarch wasn't the true last boss of Mania because it will be in forces

JUST
>>
I know plenty of people are torn about the Amy thing in this thread but how do you all feel about the fact she was going to be playable in Sonic X-treme before it was canned? She would've held a ring in her hand which could be thrown as a projectile at enemies and that would've taken away from your ring total.
>>
>>389330330
What a garbage game.
>>
>>389323978
Sounds good. I'd play it.
>>
File: Sonic.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
>>389338010
>mean face
>cool shoes
>no headband
Weird but looks cute.

Either way after Forces I think I'm gonna boycott every game without Amy as a player character.
>>
>>389339340
After Forces?
>>
>>389331226
>What the fuck would Amy bring to classic sonic i
Cuteness!
>>
>>389339596
Tails got that covered.
>>
File: DI6UREGW4AAGdvc.jpg orig.jpg (90KB, 1124x672px) Image search: [Google]
DI6UREGW4AAGdvc.jpg orig.jpg
90KB, 1124x672px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCvYTOxWcj4
>>
File: STC8-Kintobor.jpg (41KB, 370x350px) Image search: [Google]
STC8-Kintobor.jpg
41KB, 370x350px
>reboot sonic
again?? pic related, is often mocked for not being archie by burgs.

>robotnik, who becomes "eggman" because he is mocked for his portly shape
finally someone gets it rather than screaming "REEE its eggman cause muh nippon"

>>389334760
probably an animal in the bot overriding the controls, niggas don't know about cybunny and that one time tails got half botted.
>>
>>389335121
The last time they attempted a reboot was Sonic Boom.
>>
>>389336516
Nah, the Titanic Monarch didn't get to do anything because the game was clearly rushed, I could feel how much of an afterfought that true last boss fight was.
>>
>>389339414
I wanna make my qt OC rabbit
>>
>>389331226
>What the fuck would Amy bring to classic sonic
Estrogen
>>
File: 1503661698869.gif (798KB, 377x416px) Image search: [Google]
1503661698869.gif
798KB, 377x416px
>>389329643

>Metal
>Not Mecha

I really doubt they're going to not use Stardust Speedway.
>>
>>389341238
>>389341238
>>389341238
>>
>>389327458
>Modern Styled
>2D game
So, sonic 4?
>>
File: 1471714098866.png (292KB, 593x593px) Image search: [Google]
1471714098866.png
292KB, 593x593px
>>389341231
>Mecha
>Not Mighty
We all know it to be true deep down.
>>
>>389341410

This could also be true given the two Chaotix references in the Mass Ring and Knux' color palette.
>>
>>389340332
>Sega rushes a Sonic game Again
They don't learn, do they?
>>
>>389329643
That drunk ass middle sprite of sonic is hilarious.
>>
File: 1497496931312.jpg (27KB, 336x580px) Image search: [Google]
1497496931312.jpg
27KB, 336x580px
>>389324306
Ah, le-tech-demo-san. Bringer of excuses and overrated fan creations.
>>
>>389341296
Got it.

I wouldn't have to pirate if they just added Amy.
>>
File: heavy.jpg (213KB, 1456x686px) Image search: [Google]
heavy.jpg
213KB, 1456x686px
Real true fact: each of the Heavies in Sonic Mania is a reference to a SEGA Franchise

>Heavy Shinobi
Shinobi

>Heavy Gunner
Thunder Blade / Space Harrier

>Heavy Rider
Hang-On

>Heavy Magician
NiGHTS / old Sonic games

>Heavy King
Mushiking: King of the Beetles (his 6 arms in the finale is a hint)
>>
>>389343245
Source? I believe the first four well enough but Magician = NiGHTS is kind of a stretch and that Mushiking shit is from some japanese only arcade game? What?
>>
>>389324306
Utopia is a boring piece of shit with giant empty worthless worlds. I know it's a meme to jerk Utopia off but it still pisses me off. People need to stop acting as if it's something amazing when it's just a stupid piece of shit tech demo and will never go any further than that because it's devoid of creativity
>>
>>389344151
>he doesn't realize people praise Utopia for the controls and not the beta level design
wew
>>
>>389344273
I've played it and it feels like ass. Less like a sonic game and more like generic platformer number 45577
>>
>>389344151
Confirmed for having zero imagination. Utopia will be the future of Sonic, anyone with a brain can see it.
>>
>people still don't realize that the Utopia demo isn't the level design of the final product, the reason it is that open is to be a testing field for the physics

the actual game will have level design, but I suppose people will ignore this because for some odd reason, anything not made by sega is a sin
>>
>>389344758
>more like generic platformer number 45577
naw
>>
File: IsZF8pX.gif (496KB, 435x248px) Image search: [Google]
IsZF8pX.gif
496KB, 435x248px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5paaz16Nw20

>mfw Sega let this fanbase make an official Sonic game with this engine, except this time, Sega are funding them, we get the greatest 3d sonic game to ever exist and Mania done by whitehead on the side, co-existing

all is well in the world

people will meme that utopia is bad and preorder forces, what a timeline to exist in
>>
>>389328149
>there has never been a single good 3D sonic game
When you say stupid shit like this, it makes your fellow classicfags look retarded. Adventure Sonic stages were always good. The problem with Adventure was it turned around and expected you to fucking fish.
>>
>>389329643
>Don't worry, her and Metal are practically confirmed for Mania 2.
Give me a source, motherfucker.
>>
>>389331353
Would she be a flier or a glider?
>>
>>389332134
In SA2 she was actually pretty slow. She made up for it with timefreezing shenanigans.
>>
>>389323978
Exactly what Sonic Mania is
>>
>>389345438
how the fuck is it a reboot when its a prequel to Sonic Forces
>>
Playable Amy special move should be a Ring Dash
>>
>>389345091
It looks boring desu
>>
Sonic the Edgehog, am I right?
Calling Shadow a faker?
Was that a lowball use of Fucker?
>>
>>389345639
>lacking the imagination of what a fully funded by sega version could turn into

this is made by a rag tag group of fans with zero budget, and they've done this

imagine what they could do with sega backing them
>>
>>389344987
A speedrun in a 3D Sonic that looks cool and not like a glitchy fucking shitfest imagine that.
>>
Sonic Forces is about to kill Sonic off for good. The OC creator is about to pull in more normies/autists then you can possible imagine. It caters to wacky normies, autism crowd [this is the largest part of the Sonic fanbase and will work] and, an even bigger crowd, the youtubers. You can see it now, can't you?

thumbnails with giant weird dressed oc sonic avatars in all caps SONIC FORCES -- WHAT THE HELL HAVE I MADE?? PART 1

zoomed in picture of sonics face open mouth with infinite smiling and the avatar falling over with the colours all set to about 300% INFINITE IS YOUR OC?!?!? SONIC FORCES GAMEPLAY

the youtube WOAH IRONIC memes will push this game to be a cult classic, search your hearts. the gameplay will just be w/e, mediocre, not as bad 06, but passable, but just zany and ironic XD to be remembered, forever forcing Sonic in this direction.

Do you genuinely believe there will EVER be another Sonic game made without a OC creator? Once the fanbase get even a taste of it, that's it. they'll want it with every serving of Sonic the hedgehog, including the Mania sequel.
>>
>>389346003
You really think speedrunners can't break your little shitty Unity project?
>>
>>389346359
Mad that a shitty little unity project has shown up a decade of incompetence. You'll get over it in another decade maybe.
>>
File: 1370110664951.gif (336KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1370110664951.gif
336KB, 200x200px
>>389345829
>I-it's not what you see on the screen, it's what you imagine COULD be on the screen!
Yeah, OK.
>>
>>389343245
Heavy Rider has tits, heh
>>
why are there always 5 or 6 sonic threads at a time on /v/ but never any mario threads

is he just that uncool
>>
>>389346416
Yeah, this is totally great and nothing like the garbage Adventure gameplay at all! Woo, gotta go fast!
>>
>>389347107
sonic was always cooler then mario

I can still remember that feeling back in the 90s when they went head to head and that shame you would feel when all the kids in the playground said they had the new sega and felt a little embarrassed to admit you were playing mario

sonic just has THAT TUDE
>>
>>389347016
Sonic Mania etc, if you still lack the imagination, I can't help you

just to help you out that little bit more, go look at the romhack versions of the mania teams individual games, then compare it to actual mania. Mania blows it the fuck away, stop don't contrarian just to be contrarian anon, it's silly
>>
>>389347107
Mario had a streak of bad games. Not to mention the droves of nintendies make genuine discussion impossible, Mario threads are simply uninhabitable.
>>
>>389347107

>The virgin plumber
>The HEDGECHAD
>>
>>389323978
>No more voice acting

I don't understand this complaint.
>>
>>389347767
You see, NOT MUH CHILDHOOD SATURDAY MORNING CARTOON VOICES
>>
>>389323978
>with a dash of 2D

Already fucking ruined it.
>>
>>389331353
HotRed is on the case, baby
>>
File: 1503390695317.jpg (68KB, 511x383px) Image search: [Google]
1503390695317.jpg
68KB, 511x383px
>>389347402
But Taxman's prior projects were good by themselves, just smaller in scale. I'm getting sick of people praising fan games for simply having potential for potential. There's really no fucking reason in showing Utopia if what's shown and played isn't what it's going to be. A demo (OR TECH MEME DEMO) should reflect what the game will be but on a way smaller scale. You wouldn't hand someone flour and sugar and say "it's going to be a cake lmao", you give them a small piece so they can taste. >food analogy lmaoooooo
>>
>Keep Sonics green eyes and voice acting
>Make Sally Acorn a playable character and give players a choice between SonicxSally and SonicxAmy
>Give all of Sonics friends super forms or at least the ones that matter like Tails and Knuckles
>The option to fuse characters together like in Dragonball fusions or at least fuse Sonic and Shadow together
>Bring back the chao garden
>No more Mario crossovers except maybe Smash bros
>Take a break from making Sonic games until Capcom makes a proper new Megaman game whenever that is
Fixed.
>>
>>389347107
Sonic fans always get a bad rap but Nintendo ones are just as autistic

ESPECIALLY Pokemon fans
>>
>Take a break from making Sonic games until Capcom makes a proper new Megaman game whenever that is
Do you want the Sonic franchise to die?
>>
>>389349734
Do you not?
>>
>>389349385
So what you're saying is, shut your mind off to what could be, after we have been given evidence that Mania is as amazing as ever and come from such humble and small beginnings, shut off all thoughts of what could and how great it could be and just accept it and just say yeah it's shit? that is a terrible fucking way to move forward on things

also there is nothing wrong with food analogies, if it works it works, however, your one about flour and sugar doesn't in this case, because it is completely separate things. We are only going under the idea and premise of what we have in front of us, as you said, Taxman game were good by themselves, but then he teamed with Mania team and they made god tier shit. I can only imagine the same could happen, and yes we can talk about potential. While Utopia looks like it has potential to be something incredible with the right funding, Forces on the other hand is taking what Generations did, and going backwards.
>>
>>389323978
Nah, if you want good sonic games just play mania, S3&K or Sonic Robo Blast 2
>>
>>389349576
I'm sick of people who use the word "autistic" as a synonym for "I hate it". Other than that I don't like Nintendos recent choices, especially with Pokemon.
>Too many indie games
>Other bad games like Mario & Rabbids and No more heroes
>They plan to have a game on the Switch and 3DS even though the Switch is already portable
>They plan to make more 3DS games period
I wouldn't mind playing Super Mario Odyssey and that Kirby game though
>>
>>389349998
Or any of the Drummond era games
>>
>>389349851
I'm saying that it should actually have potential to warrant constant shilling and "HIRE THIS MAN" shouting. I'm not saying that Utopia could never be anything good, but it isn't yet. If you have to deflect basic criticism like the level design being bad with "but it's just made by noobs and it's a tech demo and this and that" there's obviously something wrong.,
>>
>>389323978

Kill yourself, Boom is a legit well written show and the comics have been around nearly as long as the games have.
>>
>>389350309
Oh come on, Drummond was great. Don't drag his name down the mud with the likes of Adventure and Heroes.
>>
>>389350203
I love seeing switchfags complain about the 3DS
>>
>>389350764
>Boom is a legit well written show

>"i've seen the half dozen screencaps of quips and one liners"
piss off, go watch your horsefucker cartoon you child
>>
>>389351323
Not him and not a Switchfag, I just want to see this thing dead already so 2D platformers are not stuck on this garbage control scheme anymore.
>>
Once Forces finally kills off boost shit we can only hope Sonic Team looks to Utopia for inspiration.
>>
>>389351764
Yeah, because Lost World was just fine.
>>
>>389351764
What inspiration? To make a game worse than 06?

It's just a tech demo that sucks. Stop giving it so much credit.
>>
>>389323978
>Gameplay is a mix of Adventure
nah
>>
>>389350467
nobody said that anon, the level design of that demo is NOT what the final game will be. as stated before, it is giant and open just to make us the players as a testing ground, to fuck around with th physics and wall run. the actual game that is I believe planning to release it's first official level soonish(??) is going to be pakced in and have actual level design with multiple routes and purpose.
>>
>>389352072
It was. It just got released to the wrong audience.
>>
>>389352101
better movement mechanics than any 3D sonic to date keep crying :)
>>
>>389352159
Nintendo is the where bad Sonic games get away with anything. What audience are they missing that could possibly be any more forgiving? A damn Sega console?
>>
>>389352119
>the level design of that demo is NOT what the final game will be
Exactly, so right now Utopia is not a game, it's an idea. Stop posting it in every thread until it's a game.
>>
I like all Sonic games......
>>
File: annoyed pepe.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed pepe.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
why the fuck do shitty threads about sonic with terrible, terrible ideas get this many replies? this just goes to show that /v/ really is full of fucking fat, ugly, retarded, worthless pieces of fucking shit virgins that deserve a painful death. I fucking hate all of you and would love to brutally torture every single one of you.
>>
>>389352323
It should've been multi platform.
>>
File: 2122471-pinballparty.png (870KB, 1529x1892px) Image search: [Google]
2122471-pinballparty.png
870KB, 1529x1892px
and FYI, you stupid piece of shit, the classic design has nothing on this.
>>
>>389333917

Knuckles stages had a lot of potential because they focus a lot more on exploration and verticality which really makes the transition to 3D shine.

Maybe it could have been done differently to make it more of a traditional stage, but I never had a problem with Knuckles levels.
>>
can we ban sonic discussion on /v/ already?
>>
>>389352503
Again, it flopped with the most forgiving audience. Then it flopped again with an audience that spends their time playing straight ports of stages on Generations and bad 3D fan projects like Utopia and World.
>>
>>389323978
The same thing needs to happen to Pokemon, start all over with 151, only having a few from the first games, like Pikachu.
>>
>>389352605
I agree. Sonic discussion on /v/ should be banned because the ideas from these fat retarded autistic niggers are blasphemous.
>>
>>389352348
>it's an idea
>entire demo showcasing potential

why're you so annoyed that something that exists with promise? don't tell me you're hyping up this because it isn't as you say, an 'idea' this exists, therefore it is good, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL85tEePWyQ

>this will sell millions

BRING ON THE DARK AGES OF SONIC
>>
>>389326132
>no depth to the gameplay
nigga are you high? thr gameplay had FAR more depth than the 2d games due to the potential use of physics in 3d space. did you even play it? there is so, SO much potential for depth
>>
>>389341767
Is there a fanbase more fractured than Sonic's?
>>
>>389353732
>>389353653
You're the same fucking guy in every thread, right? You must have made that shitty demo to care this much about shilling it.
>>
>>389352653
>fails on a dead console that can't sell anything that isn't a Nintendo game
>releases for PC 2 years later after it's been bad-mouthed to death by the retarded Nintendo audience
>>
>>389353653
Not him but I get where he's coming from. You're a fucking stupid piece of shit. Utopia fucking sucks. The fact that you ugly ass retards keep posting about it in every sonic thread shows that you're an easily impressionable blind delusional dumb fuck. Utopia fucking sucks so fucking much. Every fan creation sucks donkey dick. Only Sonic Team knows what's right. Eat shit pussy I'd dismantle you irl I'm shaking with fury right now because I'm getting angry that I can't furiously beat the shit out of you.
>>
>>389354120
Epic falseflagging, brosophigus!
>>
File: 406.jpg (35KB, 600x777px) Image search: [Google]
406.jpg
35KB, 600x777px
>>389352429
>>
>>389354120
this is why /v/ should never ban sonic threads, you can never get this kind of refined autism anywhere else

comedy fucking gold, never stop sonic fans
>>
>>389353967
I mean, if you want to believe that, you can. Why does enjoying something/having a simple discussion turn into "YOU MUST BE SHILLING IT"

You're not feeling cornered and panicking about your opinions, are you anon? We'll see slow if me enjoying something is riling you that much
>>
File: 1493255547634.jpg (29KB, 256x353px) Image search: [Google]
1493255547634.jpg
29KB, 256x353px
>>389352385
>enjoying video-games
>>
File: 1491082211157.jpg (31KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491082211157.jpg
31KB, 640x360px
>>389339082
Yeah, more asshurt.
>>
>>389323978
>another epic FF-tier """plot"""
>in a mascot platformer
>>
File: 1503584873127.jpg (42KB, 432x444px) Image search: [Google]
1503584873127.jpg
42KB, 432x444px
>>389354353
>heh, kid, I'm just enjoying something here nothing personell
>i'm just going to keep posting about it forever and shit myself with fury whenever someone disagrees
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HStmu3qJ2kM

just give them all the rings

all of them-- ALL OF THEM

JUST GIVE THEM ALL OF THE RINGS.
>>
>>389323978
>Let's introduce a 4th party to the Classiccucks/Adventurecucks/Boostcucks division!
stopped reading right there you waste of space op
>>
>>389354603
we were having a nice little discussion anon, why have you gone and fallen back onto meme pictures?
>>
>>389338010
She wasn't going to be playable. They briefly toyed with the idea but besides that sprite they did nothing with it. She didn't get as far as Tails, Knuckles, or Tiara.
>>
>>389339340
You won't be missed.
>>
Make Coldsteel canon.
>>
>>389342983
Amyfags yet again prove themselves to be petty and cancerous. As if anyone needed any more proof.
>>
>>389346348
>complains about autism
>proceeds to post the most autistic rant on the thread
>>
>>389355063
I'm a girl, not a fag.
>>
>>389356052
fuck off, cancerous transfaggot and don't forget to shove a bottle up your confluent wound on the way out
>>
>>389356052
Yeah sure you are Amyfag.
>>
File: 1487453629224.jpg (35KB, 615x630px) Image search: [Google]
1487453629224.jpg
35KB, 615x630px
>>389356138
Forgot pic :^)
>>
>>389354805
Even if it didn't get far according to the lead artist you were going to be able to play as her:
http://rharris347.wixsite.com/rhdp/sonicxtreme?lightbox=image_1iw
>"What would have been the first female playable character in a Sonic game. Amy holds a ring in her hand which could be thrown as a projectile at enemies. As rings equal lives/health, you were literally judging whether to throw your life away or not!"
Thread posts: 279
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.