[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so damn wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1474493557700.jpg (43KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
1474493557700.jpg
43KB, 600x333px
What went so damn wrong?
>>
Nothing.
>>
>>389313314
OP was born
>>
>>389313383
fpbp
>>
Covenants were absolute garbage. DS2's covenants made multiplayer a blast while DS3 just had honorable duels and a few extra gimmicks.
>>
>>389313314
>What went so damn wrong?
not even necessarily the game, but the community it created. dark souls is only marginally better than demon's souls in some aspects, and worse in others. it was a by the numbers soft-sequel that went mainstream. once the PC release rolled around, it became LMAO SO HARD PREPARE 2 DIE XD GIT GUD and that was the end of it. demon's souls was niche and had a fun little community that got too big with dark souls. naturally, the bigger audience were the SO HARD GIT GUD crowd, and every game after was made for them only. that's why dark souls was retarded, and 3 couldn't fix all the problems that spawned from 2. bloodborne suffered from this too, but at least felt like it had, no pun intended, soul.
>>
Modern From can't make sequels.
>>
File: 1473385269482.png (138KB, 254x254px)
1473385269482.png
138KB, 254x254px
>>389313383
>>
>>389313314
Getting in bed with Bamco. DS2 and DS3 aren't even games From wanted to make.
>>
They fucked with the invasion system. The series has been shit since 2.
In Dark Souls 1 you could aid or assault people for months. In the others, you'd be lucky to get a steady stream of multiplayer at all.
>>
>>389313314
>passion for series is dead
>bloodborne masterpiece already made
>sees easy cash opportunity
I mean seriously the game is fucked beyond belief. It takes actual hours of getting hit to break an armor piece and poise is still broken
>>
File: SE17Xpz.png (48KB, 267x140px) Image search: [Google]
SE17Xpz.png
48KB, 267x140px
>>389313314
Weapon balance
Magic Balance
Build diversity
PvE diversity
AI programming

Out of every souls this game has the most input reading.
AI manipulation
All bosses but 3 were either quick side swipes or delayed overheads
Terrible Covenants

When you played for hundreds of hours in Dark 1 or DeS (or even DaS2 if you liked PvP) the games got better or you developed an appreciation. The more you play DaS3 the more you realize how shit it is and how neutered the bosses became.

Imagine my surprise when people said Friede was a good boss. A boss that, if you parry open air, or drop a carving, her input reacting AI will force her to dash towards you without attacking, because she was designed exclusively around input response.

I couldn't even get to 1k hours with this game like I did for DaS1-2 and DeS + Bloodbourne. This game is all around fucked up.
>>
>>389313314
With DaS3?
>lack of replayability
>shitty areas
>lack of build variety
>shitty 1st dlc
>meh 2nd and final dlc to the DaS series
>changing appearance and stats share the same 5 attempts
>limiting it to 5 per playthrough at all
>covenants
>invading favors going after groups
>pvp is lackluster in general
>forgettable npcs
>firekeeper is pretty shit waifu
>dragon form is complete dog shit even though Bloodborne perfected transformations
This is all just off the top of my head, and I haven't touched it in months but this is the bad that I remember making me drop it after only playing it for a month and only picking it back up in short bursts because of DLC.
Seriously though what the fuck were they thinking with that anorexic fucking mess of a dragon "transformation"
>>
>>389313962
>company notorious for rehashes
>HURR DURR THEY NEVER WANTED TO REHASH BAMCO LITERALLY HELD A GUN TO THEIR HEADS

Of course they wanted to make them. Same as they wanted to make Dark Souls even though they already made Demon's Souls and they wanted to make Bloodborne even though they already made the Souls games.
>>
>>389313314
He fell for the "Dark Souls is hard" meme and made the game downright bullshit. In addition, the game presents absolutely no original content and so the game alternates between being boring and annoying.
>>
>>389314493
What are you talking about? those three King's Field sequels or twenty Armored Core games never happened! FROM SOFTWARE DOESN'T MAKE SEQUELS, IT'S THE EVIL PUBLISHERS WHO FORCE THEM TO
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.