[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you play video games with your father /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: soprano 64.png (640KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
soprano 64.png
640KB, 853x480px
Did you play video games with your father /v/?
>>
>>389301329
I've lost mine at age 2
>>
No. He plays Battlefield with his irish and british friends on Xbox like the casual he is.
>>
>>389301329
My parents split when I was 4. Never knew my father.
>>
>>389301329
Yes. Street Fighter 2 back in the day. I kicked his ass for a whole week, but then he got good and became unbeatable and unfun to play against. So after that I just watched him play his games and he'd watch me play mine.
>>
>>389301329
HEY TONY!
>>
No. The only game I saw him commit to playing for any length of time was Defender 2.
If I had some fighting game or something he would play a match or 2 and then leave.
>>
>>389301329
Yes once, he played fifa on the DS with me, he died exactly a year ago.
>>
>>389303114
my condolences, mine died two weeks ago
>>
Not enough
>>
Used to, he's the one who got me into vidya. Had a falling out and haven't spoken to him in 2 years
>>
My father was constantly drunk and passed out and whining about how awful his life was.

He once drunkely stumbled into my room and tried to play Battlefield 3 with me, but quit after 10 minutes and passed out on my floor.
>>
every now and again he'd play NES with my brother and I, very rarely tho
I remember renting hot shots golf 2 and he played a lot with us
sometimes when I'm playing he'll say let me try I'm really good at this game, I give him the controller, he dies, laughs then leaves
one time playing limbo I let him try and he got to the bit where the spider chases you and he made it to where it the boulder knocks it down the hole
my sister was watching too and even now we sometimes bring up that time dad played limbo and his reaction while playing

I asked him why he doesn't play video games and he said they simply don't interest him and he's not very good
I was thinking of trying to convince him to sit down and play to completion 1 video game in his life but idk what would be a good game for him to play, was thinking bioshock because the world is unique and interesting but it might be too difficult
>>
>>389301329
No, my dad was the type to watch TV when he got home from work.
He would watch my play PS2 sometimes...

My grandma though, we still occasionally play NES together. I still haven't been able to beat her at Dr. Mario. Sometimes I come over and catch her playing that or Tetris or Mario world.
>>
>>389301329
Yes, one time my Dad bought all the parts for a computer to build with me and we spent days figuring out how to get a computer to work. I was 8 at the time. One of the first things I installed was Halo and it blew our minds. Every few days I'd tell him to come to my room to look at how good the graphics look and how fast it ran and he was always impressed and had fun.
>>
not really. when we had a family shared dell PC, i vaguely remember him playing return to zork, but he never got that far because he wasn't that bright of a man. in turn, that game scarred me pretty bad with the death sequence.
>>
>>389301329
My father played Mario kart with me a couple of times when I was a kid
>>
File: BobbyBaccalieri.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
BobbyBaccalieri.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
You know Quasimodo predicted all of this
>>
>>389301329
Yes, he introduced me to games
The first I have vivid recollections is mortal combat 2
>>
I never met him until recently because I was daddy's little secret and he has a family in California. My uncle got me into PC gaming when I was younger and nowadays I help him build/upgrade his rig and we usually play shooters together. He still whoops my ass at Battlefield 1942.
>>
File: 304734-beetle_004.jpg (31KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
304734-beetle_004.jpg
31KB, 450x338px
>>389301329
Yeah on occasion. When I was little we liked to play Joust on the Atari 2600. Later on his favorite game "Beetle Battle" on the N64. Lots of fun.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.