[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Atelier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 081.jpg (53KB, 600x735px) Image search: [Google]
081.jpg
53KB, 600x735px
So what kind of games are the Atelier games? All I really know about them are this dumb meme and apparently how it's the videogame equivalent of a SOL anime. But for some reason I keep seeing the name pop up recently.

So what do you actually do in these? Are they good games? Apparently there's one for PS4, is it good enough to start off with?
>>
guys
>>
They are JRPG's, a decent amount of them have time management mechanics so you have to think a bit more about where you go, how many battles you take, how many resources you gather, and so on. The most defining aspect of the games are synthesizing items. Attack items are actually good, you can get some nice effects on recovery items, and you can make some great equipment through using the synthesis mechanics which can give items various attributes.
>>
>>389292534
Extremely stressful games disguised as extremely comfy games. First playthrough will probably get a bad end, or at best neutral end, unless you play with a guide at all times, and some endings practically (or literally) require NG+. The newer games are easier about this.
>>
>>389293825

What's the synthesizing items about, is it like crafting or combining stuff like in Monster Hunter? I don't play many JRPGs

>>389294230

Oh dear. Do they at least have an easy mode or something like that?
>>
>>389294539
Yeah you combine items. Though those items can vary in attributes as well. Not only that but a lot of items you can synthesis can use various items most of the time instead of one, and it can change certain aspects of the item like adding a sleep effect if you hit a certain threshold.
>>
>>389294768

Have you tried the one on PS4, Atelier Sophie? Is it any good?
>>
>>389295421
One of the best ones, has no time limit but the other elements are intact so you can enjoy the game and keep playing for an undefined amount of time without pressure
>>
>>389295421
it doesn't have a time limit so there's none of that stress from the previous games

imo it's very good but oldschool atelier fans generally dislike it
>>
>>389294539
>Oh dear. Do they at least have an easy mode or something like that?
Nope. The difficulty is in the time management. The early game is pretty easy, with ezpz requirements that you can get in a few minutes if you know what you're doing. But the difficulty ramps up through the game, till you get to the point where you have to choose which requirements you can compromise on, and which you will stick with - and if you choose poorly, it might screw you up later on. The thing is, everything takes time against the in-game calendar - traveling, doing battles, gathering, crafting (the different games have different ways of calculating this). You have to really be efficient in the mid-late game if you want a better end. With NG+ you generally get to at least keep your crafting recipes, if not your crafting levels, money, ect., so you can focus on the specific ending you want - and most games have several (usually one for each companion character, and then others based on different things you accomplish, and many of these are mutually-exclusive, in the end).
The newer the game is, it is generally more lenient with the time limits. Sophie takes it out entirely.
>>
File: tumblr_osmx6fwp8n1vafn7uo2_500.gif (544KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_osmx6fwp8n1vafn7uo2_500.gif
544KB, 500x281px
>>389296089

Sounds a bit like dead rising but with cute girls.

>>389295653
>>389295716

I might check out Sophie in that case. Thanks guys!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.