[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what was the most bullshit rumor you heard about vidya when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: download (48).jpg (6KB, 312x161px) Image search: [Google]
download (48).jpg
6KB, 312x161px
what was the most bullshit rumor you heard about vidya when you were younger?
>>
Pokemon emerald was gonna let you go through all 3 regions and battle Red
>>
there was a rumor in my school that Yoshi was in mario 64, but he was on top of the castle.
>>
>>389288341
YouTube /6BDiAOM0ZCo
>>
>>389287861

Unlock x character on smash bros by doing x.
>>
>>389288705
Blew it
>>
>>389287861
Video games are fun
>>
>>389287861
Geno is in Brawl but you have to have a name with weird letters and toggle over random to get him.
>>
>>389287861
>videogame skills translate to real life skills
>>
You can save Aeris by keeping the Princess Guard, mashing x during the cutscene and thus cause Cloud to toss it to her and she blocks Sephiroth's sword.
>>
Toy Story 2 had a secret level. I can't remember what the level was supposed to be but I think it was related to the first movie or something.

Didn't exist. I tried to unlock it for so long. But man it was exciting to have something like that to chase after.
>>
You could unlock a secret fight against The Lizard in the console version of Spiderman 2 if you waited by a specific manhole cover during a specific time at night.
>>
File: gay retard.jpg (117KB, 1024x768px)
gay retard.jpg
117KB, 1024x768px
>>389287861

Definitely Mew under the pickup truck. Understandable that it took off, because the fact that there was a pickup truck at all was pretty fucking weird.
>>
Smash Bros Melee was going to be 3D
>>
File: IMG_1440.jpg (47KB, 338x305px)
IMG_1440.jpg
47KB, 338x305px
>>389287861
>Luigi wasn't in SM64 because he was getting his own game where he jumps like he does in SMB2
>If you put a SMW into Sonic and Knuckles you can play as Mario
>If you unlock every gap in THPS2 you get a Spider-Man themed level

Also I was a pretty dumb kid for falling for this one but you can't blame me cause it would have been cool as fuck
>Street Sharks vs TMNT is a rare Sega Genesis exclusive fighting game that you can only buy at FuncoLand with box tops from cereal boxes
>>
>>389289489
No Spiderman level but you can play as Spiderman in one of the Tony Hawks. It's an unlockable character
>>
>>389289562
Yeah there's a Marvel hero in all of the THPS games iirc. I believed the rumor because Spidey is unlockable in THPS2.
>>
Guile could pull out a pistol for OHKO
>>
File: 1329720499012.png (3KB, 302x237px)
1329720499012.png
3KB, 302x237px
Not really a rumor, but my brother convinced me that if you beat Alladin for the Genesis without getting hit once, you would see Jasmine naked during the credits.

Fuck you, Mark.
>>
>>389287861

That violent video games make you a violent person.

Been playing video games since I was young and im the most calm, conflict avoiding mother fucker on the earth.
>>
>>389289320
How were you supposed to unlock it?
>>
>>389287861
that traps aren't gay
>>
Pretty coming variation of the FFVII rumor of reviving Aeris. Had something to do with getting tissues at the Gold Saucer and going back to the Ancient City, watching some cutscene and then going all the way back to the cathedral in Midgar for a scene.
It was believable because if you do go back to Midgar, you actually see Aeris's ghost or something make a very short appearance.
>>
File: IMG_1302.jpg (50KB, 757x515px)
IMG_1302.jpg
50KB, 757x515px
>kids today will never understand how fucking hype Hot Newz 64 tapes were

We miss you based Steve
>>
>>389287861
>If you ran someone over with a combine harvester in San Andreas, ran over to the meat and pressed R3, you could start Butcher jobs (a la the police, ambulance, fireman jobs etc.)
My brother was a dick. The poor kid believed him, too.
>>
One dude in school told me he found a bunch of secret level in Wario Land 3 , every day he would come up with some new shit , how to unlock it and why it didn't work for me

After a while I started being suspicious of him and decided to Call his bluff by saying I actually unlocked one he didnt know and made up some bullshit
We ended up having so much fun bullshiting each other without ever being sure if the other was lying we became best friends and still talk about that time today
>>
File: 6427536897.jpg (61KB, 730x665px)
6427536897.jpg
61KB, 730x665px
The one that really got me was the infamous ''Unlock Luigi in Super Mario 64'' one. There were several people in my class who said you could do it by collecting every single coin in the game, then talking to Yoshi.
This was before I had even gotten to Yoshi, so I thought it was full of fucking shit, until I went to a friend's place who had all 120 stars and unlocked the courtyard cannon. Seeing Yoshi up on the roof blew my mind and I was convinced Luigi was also in the game.
Since you had to collect all stars to get Yoshi, it made sense to me that collecting all coins would unlock Luigi.
Well, me and my brother sat down one day and played the shit out of that game, trying to find and collect every single coin. If we missed one coin, we'd restart the entire level. I remember that Lethal Lava Land was especially infuriating since some of the coins from the bully enemies would fall in the lava.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.