[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't people trying to port Dolphin to the Switch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
Why aren't people trying to port Dolphin to the Switch?
>>
Why don't you do it?
>>
>>389286819
What I mean to say is, the people who made Dolphin? Wouldn't they want to port it?
>>
>>389287014
Because there's no way to run homebrew on the Switch yet.
>>
>>389287215

But they were executing unsigned code last month! There were twitter posts about data dumps within 24 hours! It isn't fair bros!
>>
>>389287564
have a (you).
>>
>>389287215
how hard would a port be after getting homebrew running
>>
Would the Switch even be capable of properly running Dolphin?
>>
>>389287857
They have an Android version in alpha but it's nowhere near the quality of the PC version. Presumably it wouldn't be too hard to port Android apps to Switch given that's it's basically an Nvidia SHIELD already.
>>
Cant even run Minecraft
>>
>>389288597
This is what I don't understand
Couldn't something that runs WiiU ports also play a GameCube game?
>>
>>389287014
>why don't the hundreds of people who have worked on an open source emulator over the last 10 years suddenly port it to a platform that has no public exploit and is only owned by a handful of people
>>
>>389288640
I'm pretty sure it's more complicated than that. The Switch OS is a mish-mash of Android and BSD I think.
>>
>>389288597
For the most part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGdHM8AIhvw
>>
How the hell would you port a Wii U emulator to run on something that's barely above the spec of the Wii U?
>>
>>389288776
Wouldn't a port to that platform drives sales for it? If people knew they were able to properly emulate Gamecube games, I feel like a lot more people would want to get one
>>
>>389288827
Dolphin is Wii/GC
>>
>>389288816
Dolphin specifically has a Vulkan target, too.
>>
>>389288901
Why do the dolphin devs care that nintendo makes more money?
>>
>>389288901
Console hacking is niche as fuck
>>
>>389288901
Nintendo is implementing Gamecube virtual console, meaning the enthusiasm for an official Dolphin port would decrease. Also again, how would Dolphin devs, who have worked with the Gamecube and Wii for years, know how to exploit the brand new Switch? It's not the same architecture, it requires new methods to crack than the GC/Wii/WiiU.
>>
>>389289137
>Nintendo is implementing Gamecube virtual console
Unlikely
Why sell VC GC games for $20 when you can spend minimal effort remastering the games and sell them for $60
Switch doesn't have analog triggers either
>>
>>389289050
I still remember my modded og Xbox, those were good times. But yeah, it seems like the Wii was the last console to really generate a lot ofinterest in hacking.
>>
>>389289745
>you can spend minimal effort remastering the games and sell them for $60
Sunshine HD when
>>
>>389287564
>they were executing unsigned code last month
[citation needed]
>>
>>389288704
>doesn't know the difference between a port and emulation
>>
>>389289987
>what is the 3ds
>>
>>389289745
>Switch doesn't have analog triggers
>rebrand the Wii U GC adapter, fags buy it for $20
>continue to make money off of GC controllers, which are inevitably still in high demand because of Melee

but it's nintendo so they'll always skip opportunities to make easy money
>>
>>389286715
On the topic of GameCube games on Switch, it's never gonna happen because digital triggers. Your best bet is special joycons. And no they won't do it docked only with the GC adapter, they would have done it on Wii U otherwise.
>>
>>389288676
Only at locked 60fps in 1080p with crossplay and less frame drops than any other console version.
>>
>>389288901
You are a fucking retard if you think hacking has even made a dent in the sales of any console besides the PSP, and that was because it had zero other redeeming factors.
>>
Because it's a terrible console full of technical hardware faults and I'm still waiting for Vita 2
>>
>>389291868
>hey guys here's gamecube vc except you can only play it in docked mode defeating the purpose of the hybrid functionality completely

>>389292630
>Vita 2
LOL
>>
>>389292849
Then release GameCube themed joy-cons for $90. Nintenbros will buy anything
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.