[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it really THAT bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: yooka.jpg (63KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
yooka.jpg
63KB, 460x215px
Was it really THAT bad?
>>
No, it was average.
>>
No point on being played when A Hat in Time is coming out.
>>
It wasn't bad at all.

It was kind of fun, it just had too much exposition cutscenes and not enough humor that wasn't awful puns, even the banjo kazooie awful puns pretended to know they were awful puns.
>>
It's pretty good, most people are just butthurt over Jontron and wanted to turn it into another Mighty No. 9

>>389281708
>Not playing Every 3D platformer ever made
>>
File: yookastardew2.jpg (277KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
yookastardew2.jpg
277KB, 1200x900px
no, me and my girl loved playing it
>>
File: 1491681653520.png (268KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
1491681653520.png
268KB, 361x691px
>>389281708
>supporting stolen assets: the game
>>
File: 1504194062131.gif (912KB, 240x176px) Image search: [Google]
1504194062131.gif
912KB, 240x176px
>>389282074
I want to fucking hurt those "people".
>>
>>389281473
Nope, it was a decent game
>>
>>389281473
It's better than Banjo Tooie
>>
>>389282090
name 10 stolen assets
>>
>>389281473
It had a lot to live up to and failed because it was only average.
Also they spat in Jon's face when I'm pretty sure nobody would have cared about banjo threeie nearly as much if it wasn't for him.
A bunch of retards probably would have bought it just because he was attached to it
>>
Banjo Kazooie>Yooka Laylee>Banjo Tooie>Donkey Kong 64
>>
>>389281473
Nah, it was pretty good. Only people who expected the second coming of 3D platforming Christ would be disappointed by it. I'm excited to see what the DLC is and their plans for a sequel.
>>
It's pretty tedious.
The worlds are too big for their own good and end up being disorienting instead of fun.
>>
>>389281473
>Was it really THAT bad?

It's extremely rough.
Not visually impressive, runs poorly, underwhelming level design, very very roughly designed, etc.

It felt like a game made by devs fresh out of school.
>>
>>389281473
average, maybe a little below

but it was expected to be as good as banjo kazooie, the shoes were just too big to fill.

they're doing some work on it though so who knows maybe it will get better
>>
>>389282090
elaborate
>>
>>389283147
What's wrong with DK64?
>>
>>389283835
collectables
>>
>>389283216
Also this, the worlds were way too big, specifically, they had excessively large hub zones, but not only that, the 'smaller' areas were about as large as a banjo kazooie or mario 64 level on their own, and yet they only had 1 thing to do in them.

It gave it the feeling that there wasn't much to do, but in reality there was just too much footwork.

As well there weren't enough interesting enemies, almost all of them were those Minion ripoffs or the exploding DK bee clones, or relied heavily on an attack gimmick to deal with, and their animations sucked, unlike banjo kazooie where it was satisfying to say, kill one of the rat carnies on grunty world where they went barreling away before collapsing then fading to the ground
>>
File: 1476433106367.jpg (135KB, 498x1493px) Image search: [Google]
1476433106367.jpg
135KB, 498x1493px
It was fucking dogshit.
>Camera is the real enemy the entire game
>Health and stamina are tied to the same butterfly system so if you need health and accidentally bump into one you're fucked since the game lets you grab them even with full stamina
>Rolling shouldn't use any stamina. Walking is so fucking slow.
>That ice castle boss was the worst boss I've ever fought in all my years wasted playing games. I've never seen a more boring boss fight. It's just a fucking block bouncing around on a wall that takes ~400 hits to kill. What the fuck.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.