[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me a space sim

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 93a7e49e1a40300c6ef2467f2668a6e8.jpg (446KB, 1920x1108px) Image search: [Google]
93a7e49e1a40300c6ef2467f2668a6e8.jpg
446KB, 1920x1108px
I played Rebel Galaxy for a few hours and, despite its mediocrity, I realize how much I want a space sandbox.

I'd play: Elite Dangerous, but reviews and /v/ are speaking shit about it. So, what's a good space sandbox/sim for a newcomer? Bonus points if it had cool ships, fun combat, freedom and planet landing.
>>
>>389281263
Just back Star Citizen :^) :^) :^)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
>>389281263
X3 is pretty good.
It's got plenty of nice ships, the combat can be fun in some situations, and it's not that hard to get into. However, it doesn't have planet landing, at the sandbox-ish aspect of it is more of an offline EVE.
>>
>>389281263
>let's put big guns to make our field of view more narrow
>>
>>389281406
Oh, I forgot to tell I don't want MP games.

>>389281540
I heard about this one. Should I go for Terra Conflict?
>>
>>389281672
albion prelude is the latest and greatest, so probably that
>>
>>389281263
>retardedly huge miniguns in the front
>ammo belts outside the hull
>the size of the ammo belts and the minigun barrels doesn't make sense relative to each other
Recoil ahoy
>a smaller gun on the top
For what purpose?
>missiles that are barely larger than the minigun barrels

I honestly kinda want to see this fly, on the only condition that the miniguns are mounted backwards as a mean of propulsion
>>
>>389281672
I played Reunion extensively, so that's the one I know the best. As for TC or AP, I don't really know.
I'd say AP if you don't care about the story and are only interested in the sandbox aspect of it.
Btw, the game has a scripting language that's extensively used for any autopilot function. As such, there are plenty of mods giving you access to more advanced commands, if you're heavily into trade and empire building.
>>
>>389281263
I have a couple hundred hours logged in Elite Dangerous. It's not for everyone. It's very grindy, has an incredibly steep learning curve, and generally it doesn't offer much to do yet. Much like truck simulator, just with many more dimensions of movement, higher speeds, weapons, pirates, terrorists, pvp, mining and general combat. It also has a ton of immersion, and great potential for RP, if you are the autistic sperg kind. I largely disagree with many of the negative reviews, but ED is certainly not for everyone.
>>
>>389281672
>Oh, I forgot to tell I don't want MP games.
Watching your 5000$ .jpeg spaceship can be perfectly played solo, no MP required :^)
>>
>>389281672
Terran Conflict is general better than AP, if you're playing full vanilla. AP has a couple of good overhaul mods that TC doesn't but some retarded features by default.

Be warned though, the game is great but it is some high-tier autism.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.