[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Streaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: HOLY FUCKING.jpg (160KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HOLY FUCKING.jpg
160KB, 1920x1080px
Can we have a discussion about the appeal of watching streamers? I genuinely don't get it. Why would someone spend hours of their time watching someone else play the game instead of playing it themselves?

I understand watching clips of gameplay for curiosity purposes or strategy/advice, but watching just for the sake of watching and on top of that PAYING to be a "sub" is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>389275983
I watch my friends idle in FFXIV and you can't stop me
>>
>>389275983
Surrogate friends and children who can't afford games looking for an alternative.
>>
Makes one think they are among friends.
>>
>>389275983
I use it as background noise like a podcast from time to time, or something to go to sleep to. I typically choose someone really good if I'm trying to improve at a game, or some loredude if it's a game with interesting world building.
>>
>>389275983
>Why would someone spend hours of their time watching someone else play the game instead of playing it themselves?

Cause playing video games is for virgin nerds.
>>
>>389275983
No, fuck off
>>
>>389275983
whos that?
>>
Growing up I would watch my brother play games a lot. It does serve an entertainment value.

Consider: why do people watch sports? You can go and play them in real life.
>>
>Why do millions of people watch the superbowl when they can just go play football

It's interesting to watch others play a game because they might play it differently or at a different capacity than yourself

You can learn new things, see new strategies and then there's the entertainment aspect of the streamers' personality
>>
File: megaman gameover 1.webm (624KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
megaman gameover 1.webm
624KB, 720x404px
watching skilled players play videoghames
>>
>>389275983
I don't play video games anymore and I like to watch people play newer games. I don't even know why I'm on this board
>>
I doubt anyone just sits there and stares at a stream without doing anything else. You'd have to be a real autist. It's just background noise/secondary monitor tier entertainment while playing games or doing whatever.
>>
>>389276663
That's not even close to the same thing. Its a hell of a lot easier to pickup a controller and play than to find a pickup game or amateur football league. The former is much more accessible.

>>389276152
>>389276227
But why not just make your own friends while playing the game though?
>>
>>389275983
Humans are social creatures. We like watching other people do things. That's just how it is.
>>
>>389275983
>fighting game tournament streams
Valid
>esport event stream
Valid
>GDQ like events
Valid
>Watching your friend try something for a second
Valid
>watching some random guy have fun playing a game while you watch and pay him
No
>>
File: 1495548936663.jpg (261KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1495548936663.jpg
261KB, 640x640px
>>389277387
>>esport event stream
>Valid
Incorrect
>>
it's a friend simulator

>>389277301
because making and maintaining friendships over the internet can be hard and fruitless for social malcontents
>>
Watching some stream or let's play of a game you already to played can be interesting, be learning something new or the mistakes you or that person did.
But i can never watch that shit all day. Just like 2 hours before going to sleep or when eating when there is nothing else to watch.

>>389276663
>superbowl
>not commercialbowl
>>
>>389275983
That question can wait, I still can't figure out why shit like this took off.

https://youtu.be/vwnLdjhQ0b0
>>
>>389275983
They are not watching the game, once you understand this you will understand why people watch streams. As for paying I don't know, maybe they just really like the person, if you like something so much you support it, but I cannot even if I really like the person I can't justify it really. If I was rich then sure why not.
>>
>>389275983
because i feel empty inside when i play myself haha
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.