[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did they fuck up the ending so bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 250px-Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg (31KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg
31KB, 250x300px
>have to kill edgar ross in the duel
>can't disarm him, as if to say "i could easily kill you if I wanted to, but I won't, because I'm not like you"
>>
>>389275194

>fuck up the ending so bad

>literally THE best ending in a game ever

How high are you right now OP?
>>
>being some dumb moralfag instead of just shooting his ass nice and simple
>>
Who cares he's an old fart that could die at any minute, might as well put a few bullets inside him and his whole family.
>>
>Not getting the ending

Seriously how did you not get it?
>>
>Can't disarm him.
That's not the point. Despite all he struggled for, John's son grew up to be just like his father, and kills a prestigious lawman. There's tragedy in that.
>>
>>389275194

They fucked up by making it a tragedy instead of a happy ending. Contrary to edgy belief, tragic endings are not inherently superior
>>
>>389275825
Tragic endings tend to be more nuanced than "and they all lived happily ever after." No, they're not right for every story, but given that the driving force of life is struggle, any truly honest story can be a tragic one, depending on where you choose to end it.
>>
>>389275194
>Shitty "I'm morally superior to you!" ending
It's a game in the Old West, that would so so incredibly out of place. Jack getting revenge is the best possible way it could have ended.
>>
>>389277086
*be so
>>389275825
John getting killed fit the theme of the Old West dying. A happily-ever-after ending wouldn't have worked.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.