/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck are bottle caps a universally accepted currency?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Todd_Howard.jpg (320KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
Todd_Howard.jpg
320KB, 620x465px
How the fuck are bottle caps a universally accepted currency?
There's almost 0 interaction between the east and west coasts yet they both just happen to use bottle caps as currency.
>>
File: 1450075117354.jpg (491KB, 1242x2943px) Image search: [Google]
1450075117354.jpg
491KB, 1242x2943px
get laid, nerd
>>
>>389273146
>This is a series people calim to have good writing
>>
>>389273684
I don't think people actually do this
>>
Do you really need an in-game explanation for everything? Were you expecting the protagonist of FO3 to randomly ask "Hey, what's the deal bottle caps?!"
>>
>>389273826
yes
>>
>>389273826
>Were you expecting the protagonist of FO3 to randomly ask "Hey, what's the deal bottle caps?!"
Unironically yes
>>
>>389272906
>enter institute
>wave a gun in Shaun's face while hopped up on about a trillion Psycho's
>head to the shops there
>they take caps as currency
You'd think a highly advanced group of people in a utopia who have mastered teleportation would have a currency besides old ass caps
>>
>>389274249
I also find that weird considering using bottle caps was a thing The Hub did specifically, not to mention they became worthless in Fallout 2 because NCR started minting its own coin.
But whatever for some reason we have Super Mutants, Centaurs and Fallout 3's "Master Plan of the Evil Guy" is a shitty ripoff of Fallout 2's.
>>
>>389272906
in general any post-apocalyptic society that uses a currency that's not intrinsically valuable is retarded.

One thing I kinda liked about NV was that it established that there were multiple currencies used by each faction and bottle caps were only used in Nevada cause that's what Vegas used.
>>
>>389272906
I'm convinced it's a practice that followed the migrations eastward and since nobody had an established currency out east they just adopted bottlecaps
>>
Fallout 2 was a prophet of ancient times, theres was a kind of quest where after giving enough sexual shit to a faggot he will led you to his "treasure", 10,000 bottle caps, worth of fucking nothing.
>>
>>389275167
Yeah but when he stashed those caps they were worth a fortune.
>>
>>389275259
No, fallout 1, 2 always used American dollars
>>
>>389275396
What are you even trying to say?
>>
>>389272906
Plentiful but finite, and hard to produce
In the real canon, it was only in use for Fallout 1. Everything about Bethesda's Fallout is retarded so why not
Just before New Vegas, the NCR currency got debased and lost most of its value. The Mojave is outside NCR jurisdicion, so the Crimson Caravans control the bottlecaps there, a lot like the Federal Reserve
>>
>>389274805
>in general any post-apocalyptic society that uses a currency that's not intrinsically valuable is retarded.
I mean it made sense when it was being backed by a trading organization which controls the only supply of something everybody needs to survive.
>>
>>389272906
Theyre useful for bottling things.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.