[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xenoblade 2 GOTY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 35

File: Xenoblade_Chronicles_2_Boxart.jpg (186KB, 250x407px) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_Chronicles_2_Boxart.jpg
186KB, 250x407px
"Lost in a sea of clouds, entire civilizations rest on the backs of Titans. As the giant beasts march toward death, the last hope is a scavenger named Rex—and Pyra, a living weapon known as a Blade. Can you find the fabled paradise she calls home? Command a group of Blades and lead them to countless strategic victories before the world ends.

Each Titan hosts its own distinct cultures, wildlife, and diverse regions to explore. Search the vast open areas and labyrinthine corridors for treasure, secret paths, and creatures to battle and index.

During these escapades, you’ll get to know a large cast of eclectic characters, including the weaponized life forms known as Blades. Gather these allies, bond with them to increase their power, and utilize their special ARTS to devastate enemies. But to save the world of Alrest, you must first demystify its cloudy past."
>>
File: Screenshot_20170904-164818.png (598KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170904-164818.png
598KB, 720x1280px
"An energetic YOUNG MAN"

See? He's not going to be some bratty little shota kid. Fuck you naysayers you don't know shit about how Monolithsoft writes.
>>
Cant wait to play and see more.
>>
>>389256661
>>389256909
The artstyle looks like trash, XCX was hot garbage with toddler-core writing

It's on the switch

These should be death sentences for any self-respecting video game consumer

That said I'll probably emulate it because I like giant robot games and here's hoping they at least take one thing I liked about XCX
>>
Move over Persona. Xeno is here.

XENO GREATNESS
>>
>>389256661
Are you still at it? When are you going to stop shilling this game?
>>
>>389256661
Premise seems interesting.
Shame about the lowest-common-denominator anime garbage character designs.
>>
>>389258130
Shame about the lowest common denominator chunk of fat hanging out of your gaming t-shirt
>>
>>389256661
>March toward death

They are moving?! Wasn't that a bad thing in XBC?
>>
>>389258596
In XBC they were moving and killing people. In this they are moving while letting you live on their backs. Game is gonna be fire
>>
File: 3201.png (139KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
3201.png
139KB, 320x320px
>>389258752
But in XBC, you lived on their calf and quads and shit. You couldn't do that shit if they moved freely.
>>
>>389257149
I'm guessing you liked Sawano's shitty music.

You're outta luck then.
>>
It looks like a big downgrade from Xenoblade Chronicles X.
>>
>>389259882
They're flying in the skies, and I guess people might not live everywhere on the titans. Or they just risk it like how people irl live next to a volcano or a place where hurricanes or earthquakes are common.

Or the moving is something recent and that's why everything is dying.
>>
>>389256909
I wonder if "salvager" is actually his official job description, like with a company and workmates, or if he just goes solo and sells the stuff he finds.
>>
http://xenobladechronicles2.nintendo.com

So has anyone plundered the NA site for any secrets yet?
>>
>>389262417
The Jap site has the VA's listed and we still don't have shit.
>>
So do you think it will be released on time or are we going to have a Persona 5 situation?
>>
>>389262724
Monolith Soft seems to really be pushing for a 2017 release.
>>
>>389256909
>He's not going to be some bratty little shota kid

Dropped.
>>
File: Xenobro.png (321KB, 500x462px) Image search: [Google]
Xenobro.png
321KB, 500x462px
Okay but where's this games Reyn equivalent?
>>
>>389261236
muh artstyle
>>
>>389263409
It's Rex
>>
>>389263409
It's Rex. From some of his battle quotes:
>Let's show them a thing or three!
>All eyes on me!
>I coulda done that blindfolded!
>Aww. I wanted to beat them all up!
>>
>>389263424

>muh shonenshit
>>
>>389263881
Not him but
>I only play mature games for mature individuals such as myself

Go read a book, Quentin.
>>
I wonder what the "I'm really feeling it" quote for this game is gonna be?
>>
>>389256909
>Implying "energetic" isn't the PC marketing term for "annoying brat"
>>
File: DIUywWGUQAMWRCV.jpg (81KB, 936x526px) Image search: [Google]
DIUywWGUQAMWRCV.jpg
81KB, 936x526px
>>389263409
It's Rex
>>
>>389264228
After how popular "I'm really feeling it" became, they're probably just gonna sneak "I'm really feeling it" into the game. It's gonna be Xenoblade's "It's a secret to everyone"/"Your princess is in another castle"
>>
>>389258596
The thing is, the reason the Mechonis and Bionis were moving in Xenoblade was especially to kill each-other off which was bad for both titan's residents.
>>
>>389264118

Shonenshit is a dime a dozen.

You don't see many Japanese games about American soldiers trying to save what's left of the human race on a foreign planet.

It truly felt like the writer was doing what he wanted to do, instead of doing what the majority of Japanese gamers wanted, and now that Smash turned Xenoblade into a meme he sold out and turned it into the new Fire Emblem.
>>
File: Tora Poppi Dance.webm (84KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
Tora Poppi Dance.webm
84KB, 340x270px
Are Tora and Poppi the most adorable characters?
>>
>>389264376
Real talk though, the ui looks pretty bad. Why is it so glitzy?
>>
>Cocky brat as mc
>sassy cat girl
>A nopon who thinks he's all mighty and shit
>Some crazy ass eyepatch guy

The weapons seems to be quite calm from the looks of it
>>
>>389257149
>I hate it
>But I'll pirate it.
Absolute cancer.
>>
>>389264591
>It truly felt like the writer was doing what he wanted to do
He still is. Takahashi's said he wanted to do something different from his previous games, with a coming of age story that's similar to Oliver Twist or Galaxy Express 999.

But of course, that won't matter to you because what you really meant was "it truly felt like the writer was doing what I wanted him to do."
>>
>A game set on the bodies of two titans. You climb them and even cross between them via a sword one used to stab the other back when they fought

>A game set on a distant planet. but the world is littered with architecture and hostile machines from an old civilization. The planet itself also strangely seems to have a mind of its own.

>A game set on the back (and even insides) of massive creatures that wander about a sea of clouds. There are different species of creature titans, and the titans themselves can die, leaving their civilization completely homeless. At the center of it all is Elysium, a legendary paradise our heroes set out on a journey to.

Why is Monolith so fucking good at making worlds? They're so far above every other developer its insane. I'm trying to think of other game worlds the even come close.

Planescape Torment's ringed city and multiple plains.
Halo's Halos are damn cool.
>>
>>389264675
So it's easy to see in handheld mode. One of the common complains about Xenoblade X was that the UI was too small and hard to read on the gamepad
>>
>>389264943

I know he said that, and I think that's bullshit.

This is so far from his past games that I think he said that just to save face.
>>
File: Now it's GOAT.png (648KB, 500x660px) Image search: [Google]
Now it's GOAT.png
648KB, 500x660px
>>389263640
>>389263658
>>389264376
>Brit Reyn is meme factory
>Gets shafted hard in crossovers because Japs don't give a shit about him
>Localizers honor his memeory by adding references through other Xenoblade characters (Shulk in Sm4sh and Fiora in PXZ2)
>Rex is basically Reyn but as the MC
Has his time finally come?
>>
File: semen bomb.jpg (70KB, 192x338px) Image search: [Google]
semen bomb.jpg
70KB, 192x338px
>>389264376
It's about damn time we started making memes for this game
>>
>>389265220
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMrdRaiCUug
>>
>>389265339
Fucken saved
>>
>>389265128
>This is so far from his past games that I think he said that just to save face.

Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the most shonen games to ever exist. Just because it's shonen doesn't mean it's shit.
>>
>>389265128
Is the idea of a creator wanting to make something different from his past works really that alien to you? Are you seriously upset that Takahashi doesn't want to keep making the same game over and over again? Does Monolith's next game sailing straight into pure medieval fantasy instead of being sci-fi like a most of their previous games also make you grind your teeth? Again, what you should have said was "it truly felt like the writer was doing what I wanted him to do."

On another note, this game isn't nearly as different from the first Xenoblade as you're making it sound. X was more of a departure from that than this.
>>
>>389265537
People tend to forget or fail to notice this because of how well it was executed and the British dub playing up different aspects of the characters.
>>
>>389265630
>Is the idea of a creator wanting to make something different from his past works really that alien to you?

It's pretty crazy to me that creator known for doing his own thing suddenly starts doing what everyone else does when the money starts rolling in.

>Are you seriously upset that Takahashi doesn't want to keep making the same game over and over again?

What the fuck are talking about? This is a literal rehash of the original Xenoblade, X was 10 times more of a change than this.

You seem to be under the impression I want him to be a talentless hack instead of doing something creative.
>>
>>389264948
Just reading this is getting me excited
>>
>>389264948
Half-life's Dyson Spheres!

>>389264675
I really don't see how it's bad. It only pops up during combat, which is when everything needs to be as clear as possible. It accomplishes that.
>>
>>389256661
So fucking hyped for this game. I've been dying for a story-driven singleplayer game on Switch since release.
>>
>>389265537
>Just because it's shonen doesn't mean it's shit

I understand, but when 99% of JRPGs have that same kind of story, everything else feels refreshing.

I thought Xenoblade would be the last bastion of unique JRPG stories after SMT turned shit, but now it fell into the same trap.
>>
>>389265961
>This is a literal rehash of the original Xenoblade
You lost me.
>>
so /v/ watched the E3-Trailer again
who will be the dude who is voiced by the Arnold Schwarzenegger sound-alike?
>>
>>389264948
I think they said that making these worlds with state of the art GRAFFIX would be nearly impossible, so the shittiness of Nintendo's hardware actually makes it happen.

I can't really gauge if this is true ofc.
>>
>>389266530
>I thought Xenoblade would be the last bastion of unique JRPG stories after SMT turned shit, but now it fell into the same trap.

See but then this assumes that you think XC had an unique story, when that's as far from the truth as it could be. It has a story full of cliches and plot points that have been covered by countless RPGs before it. What it has over those other RPGs is the fact that it told its story damn well and had lovable characters to go along with it.
>>
>>389266542

The "You live on a giant" thing.

It also has the "2" in the title, which is the most jarring thing because none of the games connect to each other in any way.
>>
>>389266530
>I thought Xenoblade would be the last bastion of unique JRPG stories

Man what a dumbass
>>
>>389266530
>SMT turned shit
No
>>
>>389264682
Dromarch is more than just calm. His accent sounds downright fancy.
>>
File: 3-Xenosaga2Cover.jpg (85KB, 640x913px) Image search: [Google]
3-Xenosaga2Cover.jpg
85KB, 640x913px
>>389266772
So jarring
>>
>>389266712

It was started out that way, but the twist subverted it all.
>>
>>389266712
Absolutely agree, which is part of why I love it so much
It really shows that tropes and cliches aren't necessarily a bad thing, it's all about the execution
>>
>>389266934

>Thinking Xenosaga=Xenoblade
>>
>>389266953
You mean the twist at the last like 10% of the game? Then why shit on 2? What if you get to Elysium and it turns out some supercomputer is cloning out Titans for everyone to live on? Don't shit on the game till you've played it mate.
>>
>>389266772
>"You live on a giant"
>It also has the "2"
That's it? I normally call that a Sequel.
>>
File: Asahi_SMTIV_Final.png (736KB, 616x1766px) Image search: [Google]
Asahi_SMTIV_Final.png
736KB, 616x1766px
>>389266530
>after SMT turned shit
Tell me where the waifu touched you.
>>
>>389267118
or, the whole world you live in was just a computersimulation
>>
>>389267118

Because the writer wouldn't have outright told us this was gonna be a super happy game with a "timeless classic" feel that was different from the others if that was the case.

I don't expect dark shit on the level of the original Xenoblade, let alone X.
>>
>>389261236
>>389264591
How do you downgrade something so utterly awful?
Are you retarded?
Also what are you talking about in terms of the writer, x is one of the most poorly written pieces of garbage I have ever played in my life
It's downright insulting
after finishing it I felt so dead inside that i went to sleep at 3pm
The fucking adventures of brown chick kirito jesus, god of virtue and her personality devoid posse
Seriously, how can you be so demented to sit there and see "something about this planet...... THIS STORY NEVER TRULY ENDS"(actual quote from the game for those unaware) and actually praise that? Go fuck yourself
>>
>>389265961
>It's pretty crazy to me that creator known for doing his own thing suddenly starts doing what everyone else does when the money starts rolling in.
He's still doing his own thing, so that's completely wrong. You're still trying to pass off him not doing what you want him to do as not doing what he wants to do, even when he's making a love letter to books from his childhood.

>What the fuck are talking about? This is a literal rehash of the original Xenoblade, X was 10 times more of a change than this.
Did you not read my last line? Yes, it's more similar to Xenoblade 1 than to X, just like how X is more similar to Xenogears and Xenosaga in its science fiction influences. But even then, none of these games are 100% different from previous ones by Takahashi, they've all got recurring elements and themes in common; that includes 2, even from what we've seen. Also, I like how you've gone from saying "this isn't anything like what Takahashi's written before!" to "it's a literal rehash of something that Takahashi's written before!"
>>
>>389267346
Ah so you're the "The darker it is, the better it is" type of guy huh. Yeah carry on then there's nothing else to argue about.

Also, funny enough, by NOT making a dark story Takahashi is probably making something more unique and different than if he did go for something darker. Makes your whole stance even more laughable.
>>
>>389266953
>the twist
What twist? The whole "bad guys weren't the true bad guys so let's kill God instead" is a common trope in JRPGs.
>>
>>389263658
>Aww. I wanted to beat them all up!
He doesn't say this. None of the characters say this.
>>
>>389267346
gratz you just made all of your posts irrrelevant
>>
what is underneath the clouds? bodies of deceased titans? do you think we will go there at some point in the game? what if we get to witness the birth of a new titan?
>>
>>389267749
The character voices are so low and his accent is so thick it's pretty difficult to tell what he's saying at all.
>>
>>389267864
Under the clouds, the bodies of the fallen Titans are being fused together to form Mira
>>
>>389267749
I'm just going off of quote lists from people who spent who knows how long listening for every line in that video.

>>389267864
One of the PAX previews said it's just water.
>>
>>389268020
The game isnt called x2, nor 3
It's very clear that they are going to pretend x never happened
Which is a great thing
>>
File: gif.gif (3MB, 165x270px) Image search: [Google]
gif.gif
3MB, 165x270px
>>
>>389267609
I will play anything from Takahashi. It's sad that Xenogears and Xenosaga babies can't move on from those games. Xenoblade 2 looks and sounds like such a magical journey, can't wait to play it.
>>
File: niaiddle.gif (3MB, 125x187px) Image search: [Google]
niaiddle.gif
3MB, 125x187px
>>
File: Niadance.gif (4MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Niadance.gif
4MB, 400x225px
I wish I didn't suck at making gifs
>>
>>389268974
You got the idle where Nia shadow boxes?
>>
>>389268684
>It's sad that Xenogears and Xenosaga babies can't move on from those games.

I will never get posters like you. Years before hand I heard the same arguments trying to validate Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter to fans of Breath of Fire 1-4. Like of course they're not going to fall in line because the new games exhibit NONE Of the qualities they originally fell in love with.

Like what the hell are you expecting from them
>>
>>389264582
>>389261567

No you fucking faggots! Moving habitable colossi is bad for the economy. They specifically mention that when you first enter the spine in XBC.
>>
>>389267609
>Ah so you're the "The darker it is, the better it is" type of guy huh

Not exactly, I just like stories that go against the norm.

I brought up dark shit because X's dark shit surprised me, It got almost nihilistic at times, in a sea of power of friendship games it was pretty jarring and different.
>>
File: ezgif.com-crop.gif (729KB, 94x115px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif.com-crop.gif
729KB, 94x115px
>>389269243
A really poorly made one yes
>>
>>389268506
I still theorize X will be its own line/series and will get a direct sequel in 3-4 years. Definitely before the Switch is done and Nintendo gets their new system out.
>>
>>389269884
Will that be censored too?
>>
>>389269972
Obviously.
>>
>>389261236
Chronicles X was garbage in every aspect

>muh open world
>>
This almost feels like a spiritual prequel to Xenoblade, due to the fact that the Titans are still alive in this one.
>>
>>389269505
The NoE guy playing the game at Gamescom said XB2 has dark/mature themes. It's a fucking Xeno game and even the media the game is influenced by (Oliver Twist, Galaxy Express 999) got pretty dark. Shut the fuck up honestly. This isn't going to be the fluffy bouncy candy floss journey you think it's gonna be.
>>
>>389269972
Probably but the damn was so goddamn fun to explore I even forgot what was the censored random outfit
>>
>All the animebabbies ITT shitting on Chronicles X while typing like a fusion of t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m and Ebony Dark'ness

I'm sad you children are too young and impatient to truly appreciate the game's subtle story telling and commentary.
>>
>>389270761

This will be as dark as SMTxFE, mark my words.
>>
>>389270283

Xenoblade Chronicles was still a relatively open RPG. Maybe not open world in the sense that X was, but each area was so big and open that you could explore it for hours without having to move on to the next part of the story. Or just do side quests.

Honestly it wasn't surprisingly to see X turned into an open world RPG. Seemed like the natural followup to Chronicles.
>>
>>389270964
LETS COOK TATSU
>>
>Replay XBC
>Find the combat a lot more enjoyable now that I FINALLY know how to play, I think
>Feel like I'd rather be playing X

I don't get it. I thought the story was great, but I fucking hate rewatching 10 hours of cutscenes. And the gameplay is so much better in X.
>>
>>389269884
>I still theorize X will be its own line/series and will get a direct sequel in 3-4 years.
Probably won't happen when they've got this to work on.
>>
>>389270283
You didn't think exploring this strange, giant planet and it's critters wasn't fun?

>muh story
>>
>>389271120
>SMTxFE
Never played it so I wouldn't know how dark it gets, but Xeno games always have mature themes. This is Monolith Soft, a fucking Takahashi game, their stories and writing has always been above other JRPGs. Yes there are tropes but most media is full of tropes, but the execution is always brilliant and smart. Nobody really truly understands this company or the games they make. They never have and probably never will do.
>>
>>389271668
Remember that Monolith has at the very least two teams and consistently work on multiple projects at once, it's entirely possible, now that Xenoblade 2 is ready to launch and Breath of the Wild is out, that they put one team on X2 and one team on Xeno's Dogma or whatever this new project is.
>>
>>389271536
After watching the new 50 minutes of footage we got, I'm afraid going back is constantly going to get harder as the combat just keeps getting those minor tweaks and shit necessary to make it feel smoother. The fact that we don't really scroll through all our Arts now and just have at most 1 button press between them is going to make it feel much better.
>>389271668
They gotta be big enough to have at least 2 teams working on different games by now. Also isn't that billed as an "Action game" the same way XCX was before release? Swords and dragons could turn into punching god in the face with Mechs knowing how Takahashi writes.
>>
>>389271536

>FINALLY know how to play

Nigga if you could figure out X, it shouldn't have been hard to figure out Xenoblade's in the first place. It was even less complex
>>
>>389271668

Whoa whoa, they're working on something else? Damn they're busy. This artwork looks great, kind of reminds me of Amano's in a way.
>>
>>389271810

It'll be anime "the world is ending" dark.

It won't have any of the real shit like racism, serial killings, cannibalism, and religious extremism like X did.
>>
>>389271876
>Get to the part Dunban joins your party
>Forgot that Dickson was playable in that fight
>Quickly add them to my party, leaving Reyn, Dunban and Dickson, without realizing my terrible mistake
>Now I have to fight mechons without a monado.
>Fight against low level fags takes 40 minutes of getting lucky and doing no damage for 15 minutes
>>
>>389271680
In RPG Story >>>>> exploration, thats why Chronicles X underperformed. Plus the other downgrades like worse battle system and character designs.
>>
>>389272025
A lot of things clicked while playing X. That's why.
>>
>>389271876
>Also isn't that billed as an "Action game" the same way XCX was before release?
It's also billed as "medieval fantasy" and "different from the brand image of Monolith Soft" with no mention of sci-fi. Plus, the way they describe what they want for the action makes it sound like it's going to be different from X's combat, and none of the concept art looks remotely like anything out of X. This is its own thing.
>>
File: R YEW THE EEJIS.png (907KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
R YEW THE EEJIS.png
907KB, 1280x720px
Can't wait to play as this crazy Scottish pirate motherfucker.
>>
>>389272471

Huh. For me it was the opposite. Xenoblade immediately clicked with me, but it took me a while to figure out X. There were a lot of little details I was missing.
>>
>>389272421
>X
>Worse battle system
>Worse character design
Yeah, nah.

And
>In RPG Story >>>>> exploration
The story gives me no reason to go back and play it. I already know the story. Cutscenes just get in the way. It works the first time.
>>
>>389272627

I can't wait to use CELTIC MAGIC man and his gigantic sword as well
>>
>>389272421
The designs were fine, just some the models looked like shit.
>>
>>389271876
>They gotta be big enough to have at least 2 teams working on different games by now.
Technically they are, but one of their teams is pretty much just support for other Nintendo projects. But with the leads of the Project X Zone games gone they might have some people who used to be on those games working on new projects. They're also constantly recruiting, especially for that action game. So who knows at this point.
>>
>>389272748
>some
Most of them
>>
File: CELTIC MAGIC.gif (2MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
CELTIC MAGIC.gif
2MB, 480x272px
>>389272737
>>
>>389257149
Emulate it how? There is no Switch emulator and probably won't be for a long time
>>
>>389273101

Celtic magic laddie.
>>
>>389273071
Literally only one, Lin's. Every other models were fine.
>>
>>389272748
>The designs are fine
>But the models you actually see in the game are not

Pretty much the reason it sucked dick. XC2 models and designs are 1:1, plus anime style > potato style
>>
>>389273071
Nah. Elma was fine, Celica was cute, Vandham and Lao were alright. The Tiger/cat people looked cool.
>>
>It's another XC VS XCX episode

Why do you dipshits have to do with this with literally everything? Why? We all like Xenoblade as a franchise, motherfuckers.
>>
>>389273071
Lin and who else? The default male avatar face?
>>
>>389273416
>XC2 models and designs are 1:1
Lin looks alright in concept art but looks like a potato ingame. I give you the protag though if you don't be careful. It took me a while to get a cutie out of the character screen.
>>
>>389273670

I have nothing wrong with either games, it's the anti-XCX normalfag weebshits that jumped on the train due to smash memes I take issue with.
>>
File: 7933331.jpg (136KB, 688x387px) Image search: [Google]
7933331.jpg
136KB, 688x387px
>>389273670

No, I like XC and XS1 and I hate when plebian shitters force their shit XCX designs into my XC sequel.
>>
>>389273994
>Posts the highly upgraded anime Shulk from Smash instead of the garbage in-game one
Good argument
>>
>>389273994
There's no XC sequel. XC2 is its own thing with its own designs if you haven't noticed, just like XCX was.
>>
>>389273953
>>389273994

I SAID STOP IT. I swear to God I will turn this car around
>>
>>389274235
>anime Shulk
what did he mean by this
>>
>>389270841
>outfit
You mean outfits
and sliders
Among other things.

I was of your mind before. But after the real world artbook of bravely second god censored I jumped so hard on anti-censorship that I broke the pelvis.

Mind you I'm saying to keep enjoying your game. But I've washed my hands of the entire affair.
>>
>>389274292

It still don't know why they called it 2.

They really do want to sell out to the smash kiddies.
>>
>>389274235
The Smash model looks way goofier than the original, though.
>>
File: 1502135658577.gif (87KB, 178x200px) Image search: [Google]
1502135658577.gif
87KB, 178x200px
>loved XBCX
>playing XBC in preparation for XBC2
>finding it boring as shit
Damn, I'm not even sure if I want to get 2 now.
>>
>>389274501
>muh Smash boogeyman
>>
>>389273858
Almost every human except Elma. Shit looked atrocious.
>>
>>389274539

Good, don't go near that piece of shit.
>>
>>389274418
I didn't care about those things enough, the straw that broke the camel's back for me was the frankly marvelous retardation that went on during TMS#FE's """""""localization""""""". It led me to pirate on a Nintendo system for the first time in 20 years.
>>
>>389274539

2 is basically made for fans of XC, so if you're not into the first one, you probably won't like the second.
>>
File: 1348717179512.jpg (355KB, 1680x944px) Image search: [Google]
1348717179512.jpg
355KB, 1680x944px
>>389274235
>>
>>389274639

I'm really feeling it xD, Roy is my favorite FE lord!

Did you notice how Little Mac looks like my favorite character from my favorite anime JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>389274537
>>
File: Lao.png (220KB, 350x849px) Image search: [Google]
Lao.png
220KB, 350x849px
>>389274696
Did you no play the game and just remembered a potato trailer or something?
>>
>>389274501
Something something brand marketing
>>
File: smug_dead_body.png (195KB, 331x323px) Image search: [Google]
smug_dead_body.png
195KB, 331x323px
>>389274947
>>
>>389275051
Good example.
>>
>>389275094

I know for a fact if it wasn't for the stupid American audience this wouldn't be called 2.
>>
File: Xenoblade_Chronicles_2.jpg (112KB, 736x748px) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_Chronicles_2.jpg
112KB, 736x748px
>>389274501
>>
>>389275051
>muh corrupt selection process
Lao was cool, he's one of the elements I most want a sequel for.
>>
Nintendo direct when????
>>
>>389275234
Xenoblade Chronicles X was called Xenoblade X in Japan.
And this game justifies the "Blade" in the game a little more than X does.
>>
>>389275370
They showed almost an hour of the game in cologne but it's like nobody noticed it. I was really surprised when I saw the video the other day.
>>
>tfw news
>Still no ost reveal
>>
>>389275234
I thought Japan was the one who did all the complaining about XBCX.
>>
>>389275495
>Xenoblade Chronicles X was called Xenoblade X in Japan

You mean like how Xenoblade Chronicles was just called Xenoblade in Japan?
>>
>>389275657
What? We had a bunch of threads about that footage.
>>
>>389275657
already watched it, i want them to announce the release date now
>>
>>389258596
>Wasn't that a bad thing in XBC?

Well yeah considering if the Bionis were to do something simple like move its leg the results would kill off a bunch of people, couple that with the fact the Bionis and Mechonis were moving for the sole purpose of offing each other and yeah it was a pretty bad deal. Seems like people only live on the backs of Titans though so it should be gucci.
>>
>>389274895
As long as 2 has great exploration, a faster travelling method and good side quests then I should be fine.
>>
File: 559.png (413KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
559.png
413KB, 680x680px
>150+ posts
>only 40+ posters
let me guess, this is another one of those "XV-kun samefag shitposts about an RPG that isn't FFXV" episodes
>>
>>389275736
Well there you have it. It's Xenoblade in Japan and Xenoblade Chronicles in the west.
And any game that includes "blades" will be called XenoBLADE. No "smash kiddies" pandering
>>
>>389256661
Why do people think this has a chance at GOTY?

Did you not play the first one?

It was pretty meh.

Essentially a charming offline MMO with mediocre character and story. The battle system was above average and the games main strength was atmosphere. If I had to describe the game in one word, it would be "tedious".

"X" had even better exploration, but some of the other factors seemed to either stay the same or even get worse. Worse yet is the game just sort of abruptly ends.

I will predict this game will be enjoyable, but no where near GOTY quality like the previous two games.
>>
File: 893128093128.png (55KB, 230x193px) Image search: [Google]
893128093128.png
55KB, 230x193px
>>389275864
What if the titans decide to do a crunch or a sit up? How can they stay on their backs then?
>>
>>389275985

No, it's another "XBC and XCX fans argue over which game is better" episode.
>>
>>389276098

>I will predict this game will be enjoyable, but no where near GOTY quality like the previous two games.

You just got done trashing the previous two games and now you're saying XC2 isn't going to live up to them.
>>
>>389276125
those episodes are even worse.
>>
File: Reyn Confused.png (838KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Reyn Confused.png
838KB, 600x600px
>>389274292
XC2 is a lot closer to XC than XCX. There are titans people live on and a focus on a sword with special properties that's actually a living thing technically, and it's clearly story driven unlike XCX which is gameplay focused.
I don't see what's so different about it.
>>
>>389276125
Ah, the old "one guy has an argument with himself" episode.
>>
>>389272421
>In RPG Story >>>>> exploration
I didn't play either of them but that's just like your opinion man.
>>
>>389276006

That wasn't my point, dumb Americans need to know this is a sequel to that game they liked and not something new.

The X in Xenoblade X is very different form being 2, because the 2 implies more of the same.
>>
>>389266772
>It also has the "2" in the title, which is the most jarring thing because none of the games connect to each other in any way.

>What is Final Fantasy
>>
>>389275864

Weren't people living on the Bionis and Mechonis for like, eons?
>>
File: 1468000502556.png (633KB, 900x606px) Image search: [Google]
1468000502556.png
633KB, 900x606px
>>389276257
>>389276124
>>389263409
>>389263658
>>
>>389276340
I'm pretty sure Japan has been using numbers in sequels regardless of potential western audiences for many years.
>>
>>389276257
The anon I replied to was talking about the character designs specifically.
>>
>>389256661
>the last hope is a scavenger named Rex—and Pyra
What's the point of that "-----" here? Why are people doing it?
>>
>>389276445

Not this series.
>>
>>389268506
>Which is a great thing

I personally disagree. Xenoblade X's story was VERY dissapointing, yes, but I think it at least set itself up to a good hard sci-fi story.
>>
>>389276520

Yeah, but XCX was clearly named in such a way to indicate it was something new, and not just a sequel to Xenoblade.

This still has nothing to do with the original world.
>>
>>389276584
Because grammar.
>>
>>389270283
>was garbage in every aspect
But the gameplay was vastly superior to the original game.
>>
>>389276794
I don't disagree with you on that, but numbering sequels still has nothing to do with Americans.
>>
>>389277010

It does when they change the way the numbering works when a series gets popular in the west.
>>
>>389271668
The artwork looks amazing and I have faith in anything Monolith Soft sets out to create, but I worry this new title will be Generic EuroMedival Fantasy Game #239 I'll probably be wrong, and I hope I am.
>>
>>389276794
Which they've said was due to a shift to focus more on exploration and less on story than the first game. Now they made the shift back so they put the 2.
>>
>>389277125
Good thing they didn't do t hat then.
>>
>>389276584
The sentence initially starts off with a description of Rex, but in order to convey that Pyra also plays a pivotal role while staying as a single sentence to keep the same train of thought going and avoiding the tragic error of confusing the reader by creating a clear distinction between Rex and Pyra's descriptions, a dash is used.
>>
Fuck this gay thread post some fucking music to pump up my autism
https://youtu.be/ePypW6n1egQ
>>
>>389272421
>worse battle system
Explain. X is literally an upgrade.
>>
>>389277292

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyGFM5CGnoo
>>
>>389276510
Good thing he's here! No? Anyone?
>>
File: 0342384.png (443KB, 863x468px) Image search: [Google]
0342384.png
443KB, 863x468px
>>389276510
>>
>>389277292
That music change when you pop the time in battle thingy was hype as fuck. Don't remember the name of it
>>
>>389276446
From what I remember, based on the ages of the machina, who are actually old enough to have witnessed the war, the battle between the two occurred between 3000 - 5000 years before the story starts iirc. It's not too hard to believe that the battle almost entirely annihilated all life on Bionis.
>>
>>389256661
I'm real excited for this but the voice acting scares me. I want to believe they'll fix it, but knowing the Nintendo tree house, they won't.
>>
>>389276665
Point is a series doesn't necessarily have to continue the story, just so long as it carries similar themes and gameplay aspects, which Blade 2 very clearly does.
>>
>>389278226
Are you saying there's no dual audio this time? Say it ain't so.
>>
>>389278110

I guess. Though there was a period of peace involved, and I imagine the people were just fine. If I had to guess I would say the titans never moved all that moved to begin with, only telepathically affecting what goes on in the environments.

When they did start fighting, yeah, millions of people died. What Egil did alone probably killed more people than you can even imagine.
>>
>>389277292
I didn't know there were people who actually liked this battle theme.
>>
>>389278226
Fuck off.
>>
File: monolith-soft-3.jpg (1MB, 1920x900px) Image search: [Google]
monolith-soft-3.jpg
1MB, 1920x900px
>>389271668
>>389272173
>>389277130

I'm so hyped anons, the new game is gonna goat I hope, the art looks cool as fuck.

Have another concept art piece for it.
>>
>>389278387

Ayyy, Nintendo acquiring Monolith Soft was one of the best moves they made in recent years.
>>
File: monolith-soft-2.jpg (310KB, 1920x991px) Image search: [Google]
monolith-soft-2.jpg
310KB, 1920x991px
>>389271668
>>389272173
>>389277130
>>389278387

Another. Looks like a more "traditional" medieval RPG by the looks of it.
>>
Man, I was so fucked hyped about Xenoblade X after I watched my cousin play it. I literally bought a Wii U for it and never regretted it. I will buy a Switch just for Xenoblade 2 to just explore the world on comfy December nights.
>>
>>389278574

Hell yes, I am ready for a more traditional medieval RPG from Monolith. By the way, what happened to that 3DS project? Is this it?
>>
>>389278562
And the best thing for poor abused Takahashi. He deserved a proper home.
>>
>>389278226
NoE's doing English localization, not Treehouse.

>>389278387
That's just a generic recruitmen image like the one they had before. >>389271668 and >>389278574 are for the actual project, apparently.
>>
>>389278664

Hell yeah. The guy actually has a proper budget to work with now. No more unfinished games.
>>
>>389278656
There was no 3DS project. That was recruitment for their Kyoto studio, which just does art assets for other Nintendo games.
>>
>>389278656
>By the way, what happened to that 3DS project? Is this it?

No clue, By the looks of it, this is supposed to be an ambitious project (All their other games were too desu) So I'm guessing this will be for the Switch.
>>
>>389278580

I'm wondering if you're that cousin. I showed both Xenoblade and Xenoblade X to mine. He seemed pretty impressed. He seems to like the Switch too, but he didn't say whether he'd get one or not.
>>
>>389271680
I think a big part of X's exploration (and Chronicles 1) felt pretty shitty simply because there's so little of value to find. Probes and tyrants you probably won't tackle til the end game who drop mostly random loot anyway. The map and visual design is so good, and then there's so little reason to actually tackle anything.

One thing I think is a really good idea in 2 is that they can use blades as unique rewards to find, that you also really want to find because they alter gameplay in a significant way. Exploration leads to gaining things you can't get otherwise, and aren't simply what you have +1.
>>
>>389278810

Oh, okay. Damn shame, I thought it would have been kind of cool to see what a 3DS game from them would be like. I guess the closest thing I'll get is a port of Xenoblade for 3DS.

>>389278813

I'm ready for a new series on the Switch. Wondering what the battle system will be like. You said an action game, right?
>>
>>389278362
Thought the same at first, after playing for 60 hours or so it eventually became one of my favorites
>>
>>389278715
>That's just a generic recruitmen image like the one they had before.

From what I understand, all 3 were part of the recruitment page.
>>
>>389278982
>You said an action game, right?

That's what I read from the reports.
>>
>>389278931

Alright, so maybe I'm getting this wrong, but blades can be used as individual attacks by Rex, right?
>>
>>389278346
>Though there was a period of peace involved, and I imagine the people were just fine

Yeah homs had a few thousand years to build up their population. Wonder how often Zanza goes on purges. He mentions how he planned to use Shulk as a vessel for a millennium, but then that'd mean he'd have conducted a good few purges before the story starts.

>What Egil did alone probably killed more people than you can even imagine.
Wonder who was even living on that shoulder. iirc it was stated homs don't live past Satorl Marsh, and are rare to find in the upper regions.
>>
>>389279143

Well, I'm anxious to see what an action game by Monolith will be like. I trust them though. They did an awesome job with combat in RPGs, I'm confident they'll make something deep and enjoyable. Just hope it doesn't turn out like XV's battle system. I want a legitimate action game, not some shitty hybrid.
>>
>>389279212
I'm not sure what you mean by that.
>>
>>389279221

Did he go on purges in the past? I don't remember what was said about that. Probably did though, because Zanza was a megalomaniac that thought he could do whatever the fuck he wanted with life

By the way, I always wondered who was killed as well. Like, he committed genocide on a small scale. It's hard to wrap your head around the idea that entire generations were wiped out by a single sword.
>>
>>389279212
Blades determine Arts. Each Blade has an elemental art and 3 others. You can have up to 3 Blades on quick select for quickly switching between arts.
>>
>>389279390

In other words, tell me about blades.

>>389279601

Thank you. Can you control blades like party members as well?
>>
>>389279695
>Can you control blades like party members as well?

Doesn't seem so, no.,
>>
>>389279695
No, blades more or less just stand behind you as you attack or get mixed into the animation for special attacks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzrNLkCd8WA this is the newest footage which goes reasonably into depth about the combat system if you want to understand it better than I can do in just text.
>>
>>389273104
>for a long time
I'll give it a year tops
>>
>>389279695
You don't really control them. They just kinda stand on the field and channel into the character, who gains whatever arts that blade gives.

Think of them more like finding equipment that has skills attached instead of simply gaining them on level-up. Then you can mix and match those onto every character to build what they can do.
>>
File: maxresdefault~01.jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault~01.jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
>>389277302
>no Talent arts
>no Chain attacks
>Skels being mandatory for every fucking fight.
>>
>>389279952
>>Skels being mandatory for every fucking fight.
What. Fucking what. Literally everything can be killed on foot with some good set-up. Literally none of the story fights require a skell, in fact they make them trivial.
>>
>>389277302
It's almost certainly mechanically better, but there are lots of balance issues, so I find the way the system was implemented was worse than its predeessor
>>
>>389280049
I can sort of understand that mentality. X gives you a shitton of options, but because of that, it's easy to break the game in two.
>>
>>389280049
>It's almost certainly mechanically better, but there are lots of balance issues
Okay aye I can make sense of that.
>>
The only thing I'm worried about is that we haven't seen any equipment or anything that could change characters appearances.
>>
>>389280365
There appears to be a cosmetics shop but we don't know what that does yet. It could be costumes or a system similar to dying armour in the Last Story, we'll have to wait and see.
>>
>>389279952
>Skels being mandatory for every fucking fight.
>Not knowing that you're deadlier on foot once you shift into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE
>>
>>389280365
In the Gamescom stream they showed off a "Cosmetics" shop and stated they would talk about gear some other time

But even if we do only just get costumes that alter appearance (as opposed to all gear doing so), I'm still down with that. Seeing your armour change in Xenoblade was a well-done gimmick, but mixing and matching equipment resulted in a fashion disaster more often that not. Maybe a less-is-more approach will be for the better
>>
Have they shown any high level gameplay or big fights yet?
>>
>>389272421
>Story >>>>> exploration

What video games have over other media is being able to actually explore the world that's being described yourself, you can find a good story anywhere else.
This is why in Japan the RPG that dominates isn't yet another shitty VN disguised as RPG, but instead is the jRPG with the most barebones story of them all, but with very good world building, aka Dragon Quest.
>>
File: 64465617_p0_master1200.jpg (169KB, 600x603px) Image search: [Google]
64465617_p0_master1200.jpg
169KB, 600x603px
>>389257149
>I HATE GAME AND WON'T PAY FOR IT*
>*Though I played the shit out of it and enjoyed it
>>
>>389279952
I don't even have an overdrive build and I fight stronger foes on foot because even wirh LV.50 Skells, on foot I am nearly invincible for most enemies.

>Secondary Speed + Smooth Recovery + Absorber Skin on Mastermind Mc
>Elma's Ghost Factory as additional support along with her TP arts for DPS
>Lin's Shield Wall, Super Shield and Trash Talk to tank
>Nagi doing DPS with Blossom Dance
>>
After 200 fucking hours I just got 100% survey rate in Xenoblade X. Now what do I do?
>>
>>389277975
I don't get it.
>>
>>389282353
Beat Leva-el on foot.
>>
>>389280784
Nope. E3 footage was early game stuff, and the Gamescon footage was likely the next titan.
>>389282353
Get 600+ Potential and fuck every superboss backwards with Blossom Dance
>>
These kind of Asian autism is why i bought a Switch.
>>
>>389281219
You know what I realised? All those people who rant and rave about the potential of vidya as a storytelling medium don't actually give a shit. They're just insecure about their entertainment and want to pretend that they're actually consuming high art.
XCX has an amazing story about multiple species coming together to build a new life on a hostile planet, despite clashing cultures, traditions, biologies and xenophobia. It's a story that you could never tell in a book, exactly what a video game story can uniquely be.
Instead of embracing it these faggots complain that it isn't a Naughty Dog hallway simulator with epic cinematic setpieces.
>>
>>389276098
Monolith titles are niche. No one expects them to win GOTY. In the end they are all AA titles. They won't have the insane budget or dev time Final Fantasy or Zelda gets. Fans don't give a fuck anyway because they come for the best world design in the industry and a likable story and characters.
>>
>>389283004
>XCX has an amazing story
I can agree with this actually. Way I always saw X was as a almost 'slice of life' type thing about how humans are adjusting to a new planet and all the challenges with it. The main narrative arc sucks, but it serves as a great backbone to a variety of other, good stories.
Thread posts: 253
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.