[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mario is No Longer a Plumber

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

File: mario-1-1.jpg (130KB, 1083x637px) Image search: [Google]
mario-1-1.jpg
130KB, 1083x637px
>On its Japanese website, Nintendo has character profiles for various characters in the Mario franchise. One change in particular is earning a great deal of attention.

>This is Nintendo’s character description for Mario:

>All around sporty, whether it’s tennis or baseball, soccer or car racing, he [Mario] does everything cool. As a matter of fact, he also seems to have worked as a plumber a long time ago…

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendos-japanese-website-says-mario-isnt-a-plumber-any-longer/
>>
Who the fuck cares, unless you're Movie Bob
>>
>>389255081
This isn't news, seriously.
Too bad nu-/v/ is so goddamn fucking new they weren't here about something as recent as Mario Maker
>>
>>389255132

Him and Dobson are gonna have a shitfit about this by the end of the day.
>>
>>389255081
If he's not a plumber, then what's the justification for all the pipes and pipe diving?
>>
That's just as autistic as caring what colour Sonics hands have.
>>
>>389255081
Well, the last time he did anything revolving around repairing pipes was in 3D World. It's not like it's a consistent thing he does and more just a random throwback novelty.

If anything he's now just a blue collar gentleman adventurer.
>>
>>389255081
Miyamoto said ages ago that Mario does a shitload of jobs and everyone might as well just be an actor, nothing new
>>
>>389255775
He was a plumber
>>
Good, he's doing what he wants to do and I support him
>>
>>389255775
Those are just metaphors for his newly developed bisexuality now I guess.
>>
Catch Me If You Can. Mario edition.
>>
Wasn't Mario being a "plumber" the same as Samus being a "bounty hunter" in that a more accurate description would be "handyman" and "mercenary," respectively?
>>
File: Chris-Straw-Retcon.jpg (27KB, 465x269px) Image search: [Google]
Chris-Straw-Retcon.jpg
27KB, 465x269px
>>389255882
HIS ARMS AREN'T BLUE
>>
Mario is more of a professional jumper athlete than a plumber. Also illegal practice of medicine and pharmacology.
>>
Is it safe to say that Mario Bros took place in New Donk City's sewers?
>>
>>389256340
You'd be right, but the pipe motif and gags about him going in to deal with and repair pipes really emphasize the whole plumbing thing.
>>
>>389255998
>super mario bros 3
>the curtains open
>they were on a stage the whole time

How did I never notice this before. 0_0
>>
>>389255081
It's supposed to be an in-joke taking a rip at the fact that he's called a plumber but seems to do everything other than plumbing. It just sounds dismissive because Japs can't into sarcasm.
>>
>>389255081

What the fuck is with his pants seam, is a fucking lego?
>>
>>389255081
>The erasure of the working class man from vidya must be stopped!

t. OP
Get your faggy communist shit of my board
>>
>>389255081
Yeah
He WAS a plumber
Who the fuck has time for that shit in between sports tournaments and fucking over nigger turtle dragons daily
>>
Its just a reference to mario bros this is not news or anything worth talking about, of course his current work is not plumber fucking duh he probably just gets free givemedats from the mushroom kingdom goverment in exchange for kicking bowsers ass once every 3-4 years
>>
Mario is a male Barbie you tools.
>>
>>389257509
How exactly is it free if he's earning it? Someone who saves your kingdom almost single-handedly on a regular basis shouldn't be working as a plumber.
>>
>>389255775
once a plumber always a plumber

you think that because he's not currently working as a plumber he doesn't know shit about pipes? come on man his old profession comes in handy during these adventures.
>>
>>389257476
This
>>
File: super-mario-odyssey-boxart.jpg (241KB, 579x937px) Image search: [Google]
super-mario-odyssey-boxart.jpg
241KB, 579x937px
>>389255882
>>389256429
>>
>>389257773
Because kicking Bowser's ass itself doesn't bring him any income. Sure there are the Coins he collects, but those go towards keeping himself alive through the madness.

So, naturally, he'd have to get any money some other way.
If Mario and Luigi share a pad like in the RPG's (well, save for SMRPG), I imagine that Luigi actually chips in a bit, seeing as Daisy makes giant gold statues of the 2 of them.
>>
>>389258645
>Because kicking Bowser's ass itself doesn't bring him any income
But he's also a professional athlete and doctor. He lives in a tiny shack and yet all that can barely make ends meet?
>>
>>389258645
>implying he doesn't sell all those extra shrooms he collects
>>
>>389258645
Im sure Daisy is a tyrannical ruler that abuses her population and keep them from being developed like toads are
>>
>>389255081
heh what a quaint joke. Whats the problem are jokes now not allowed or something?
>>
DEAR PESKY PLUMBERS
>>
>>389258798
Seems so. If (big if) M&L is any indication of the mainline games, Mushroom Kingdom has money issues. Wario's assessment of Peach's MG:WT Club isn't wrong and is a revenue source for the kingdom.

>>389258894
The ones that you can find everywhere?

Far more believable that he sold SMB3 inventory. But as whack as the Mario World is, I just can't imagine him getting a ton of money for that stuff. Now, a hill-smashing hammer or a Hammer Bro Musicbox, those are fairly practical.
>>
why is mario so fat?
>>
>>389258910
Tyrannical, eh. Hard to say. My headcanon says she has a Dedede-like temper, but is otherwise pretty damn good at leading. Or at least doing well enough considering how treacherous Sarasaland is.
>tfw Sarasaland, Dinosaur Land, and Jewelry Land aren't on the Super Mario Odyssey world map
>>
>>389258473
>using the old box art
>>
File: workbench.png (362KB, 534x320px) Image search: [Google]
workbench.png
362KB, 534x320px
I reckon it's just one of those lines where its meaning is lost in translation.
>>
>>389258262

This is my little head canon for Mario, just cause we don't see him doing much plumping doesn't mean he doesn't know how to do it.
>>
>>389259909
This makes want to see art of Mario working at that workbench or just doing handy shit.
>>
>>389255132
>>389255469
Good. Those fatasses give Nintendofans a bad name.
>>
>>389260157
No.

Nintendofans give Nintendofans a bad name.
>>
>>389258645
>earns small fortune on every outing
>famous enough that people will often give him shit for free
>lives on his own property, doesn't pay rent
>in the good graces/love interest of the head of state
>professional athlete, doctor
>runs various athletic academies and factories, probably collects dividends

Sure, carpentry and plumbing and general handyman handiwork is his bread and butter but I'd say he's got some comfortable passive income.
>>
>>389255081
DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>389260057
We saw him repair a pipe in SM3DW
>>
>>389260090
I'd kinda like a fetchquest level or Star/Moon/whatever where he collects tools and arranges pipes (obviously a puzzle), unclogs the plumbing to get said McGuffin, and his plumbing would actually be part of the game.
>>
>>389260571
I mean, all of that is completely subject to span of operation time, but yeah, I'd say his passive income is very strong.
>>
>>389258798
Dr. Mario isn't canon
>>
>>389260935
It's fucking mario bros
>>
He's still a plumber but he's kinda preoccupied with saving the mushroom kingdom.
>>
Just more of Nutendo's revisionist history and sterilization because everything most be marketable and NSMB-esque
>>
File: pipe.gif (69KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
pipe.gif
69KB, 499x374px
IIRC he's been referred to as "Adventurer" more recently so I guess plumbing is just an odd-job he had
>>
>>389255132
>>389255469
I don't even know who these fags are and neither should you.

>>389255775
He USED to be one. See
>A long time ago

jesus fuck
>>
>>389259543
Show me the new Box Art.
>>
>caring about 'lore' for fucking Mario games of all things
Something seriously wrong with all you people
>>
So he's no longer a plumber

But everything around him is revolved around plumbing

Heck, even the Rabbids, they brought plungers along, alongside their toilet humor

lel, good on Nintendo on embarrassing Mario by constantly bringing his past
>>
File: lore.jpg (71KB, 676x505px) Image search: [Google]
lore.jpg
71KB, 676x505px
>>389262086
DEEPEST
E
E
P
E
S
T
>>
>>389262086
Mario's lore is deep as fuck, only surpassed by Kirby and TES.
>>
>>389255081
Mario must be filthy rich, his girlfriend is a princess and he's collecting coins for fun.
No wonder he isnt up to crawling in shit anymore.
>>
>>389260935
The way he came up with it makes it seem that way.

But yeah, very easy to not count as canon until something happens in the mainline games.
For example, Mario Kart wasn't canon until SMG2/SM3DW.
And Bowser setting aside his anger...I mean, I guess Kart Racing is how Mushroom Kingdom does diplomacy?
>>
>>389260935
Are you really trying to say what is and isn't canon in the fucking Marioverse

Is this what we've devolved to
>>
>>389256148
Underrated
>>
>>389261876
>>
>>389259543
>>389263103
In europe and I'm guessing Japan it didn't change
>>
>>389262382
I forgot what this meant
>>
>>389256861
This but it's less about Japs not being able to sarcasm and more about dumb game journies and 4chan /b/tards not being able to see an obvious joke.
>>
Don't have the rest of the image but

>it only equals 99 Beanbean coins
>the exchange rate is so volatile it literally changes every day

Seriously speaking. How fucked is the Mushroom Kingdom economy?
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.