[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Bored >Want to play a fun video game to kill the boredom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

File: 1485022714144.jpg (39KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1485022714144.jpg
39KB, 340x340px
>Bored
>Want to play a fun video game to kill the boredom
>I don't find any of them fun and get no enjoyment out of them
I just want to enjoy video games again, what the fuck is going on???
>>
>>389253870
>what the fuck is going on???
you visited /v/
>>
>>389253870
I know that feel, just wait for it to pass
>>
>>389253870
are you a NEET by any chance? Are you very lonely?
>>
you're growing up. Now it will be only worse, less game will be enjoyable for you.
(condition of the gaming industry is a different story)
>>
Dont play video games because you are bored.
>>
>>389254148
yes to 2nd
>>
Crypt of the necrodancer, thank me later
>>
>>389253870
you're either depressed or all your games are shit
>>
>>389253870
Play Overwatch
>>
It's called depression anon. I would recommend getting a therapist and talking about why you feel that why. They can give you an outside look of things and that is valuable for putting things into perspective.

They may also try and prescribe you some sort of anti-depressant, but that's up to you if you want to take it or not.
>>
>>389253870
try a genre you have never played
I was the same and I tried MOBA and it was fun
(I'm not saying moba's are good, just that I never played them before and it was fresh to me)
>>
>>389253870
>I just want to enjoy video games again.
This is what /v/ does to you. Leave while you can. Find some games you used to like and go to /vg/ instead. Then you'll neither be lonely and maybe you'll enjoy games again.
>>389255230
>Play Overwatch
No. That game will only make OP bored, lonely AND angry.
>>
File: 1503125527512.gif (987KB, 396x297px) Image search: [Google]
1503125527512.gif
987KB, 396x297px
>>389253870
just gotta pace yourself anon
>>
>>389257913
Only if you're shit at it.
>>
>>389253870
i've been like this for long period of times,it goes away when i find 1 game worth a damn but when i finish it, it comes back
all you need to do is find a game worth a damn that you haven't played yet, wich is really hard nowadays
>>
>>389256347
>>389256927
Nutrition

>>>/fit/42721225
>>
>>389259885
The role of nutrition in clinical depression is actually VERY unclear to this day. And you would be mistaken in thinking that the point of what I described is about getting more fit or healthy. It can help with that too, but that is just a side-effect. Psychiatrists don't recommend exercise because it's good for your body, they recommend it because it has a DIRECT EFFECT on your neurochemistry. Same goes for role of sunlight and circadial rythm.
>>
>>389260118
>Psychiatrists don't recommend exercise because it's good for your body, they recommend it because it has a DIRECT EFFECT on your neurochemistry
So does nutrition. Amino acids for producing serotonin and dopamine are for sale right now.
>>
>>389258331
Which is almost everyone
>>
>>389260331
>So does nutrition. Amino acids for producing serotonin and dopamine are for sale right now.
This too is actually highly disputable, and majority of psychiatrists and psychologists generally hold highly reserved opinion, or flat out refuse to encourage purchasing those, because the whole deal IS a lot more difficult. And if you want to get the damn amino acids necessary for serotonin production, you can just stuff your mouth full of chocolate and be over with it.

There are some pretty interesting observations that have been made in regards of possible relationships between gut microflora and possible mood alterations, but those are... in their absolute infancy. There are some RARE isolated cases of reported "miraculous" cures through diatary alterations like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6g_geYeL4U
(best watched after having watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqXZY3B-cGo&t=54s to get the full context)
But notice what the psychologist says, about how as far as clinical psychology goes, this is not something that can be EVER recommended a broad-stroke treatment strategy, and may possibly be only an extremely rare, special case.
>>
>>389260730
>disputable
Well, here are studies for the nutrition side of that debate.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17513421
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1898966

>majority of psychiatrists and psychologists generally
Step it up.

>stuff your mouth full of chocolate
Oh, so this is just opinion? The max amount of (unsweetened) cocoa that's reasonable to be eating is 100g, and that's only 20g of protein. A proper dietary amount is 150g-250g. For chicken, according to jbc.org, 100g of chicken-protein is 1.3g of tryptophan (for serotonin); yet 1kg of tryptophan is $42.
>>
>>389260730
>>389261789
PS, digressing.. what happens on SSRIs is inhibition of serotonin transport .. vs. on amino acids (protein) increasing production overall.
>>
File: Tbg.png (50KB, 413x605px) Image search: [Google]
Tbg.png
50KB, 413x605px
>>389262319
>>
>>389253870
get a fucking job
>>
>>389261789
>Well, here are studies for the nutrition side of that debate.
They actually aren't for the nutrition side of debate. They provide us into interesting theory about how brain regulation might work, but not with an actual roadmap for how to employ that as a treatment program.
Because we had known this shit for a good while. Yet NO CLINICALLY TESTED TREATMENT METHOD has ever been verified as even REMOTELY FUNCTIONAL. That is the difference between this and the exercise argument: we have clinical treatment programs that have been clinically tested and verified in their efficiency - to a frankly creepy levels. It has been clinically proven that regular exercise has the same efficiency rate as most SSRI and SNRI medication.
Yet we absolutely fail to gain same results from nutrition alterations. Completely. So we MUST BE MISSING SOMETHING. And we clearly are, as your first article is about rats.

>Step it up.
Why should I? How many psychologists and psychiatrists have you talked about on this subject.

>>389262319
Yet we are still not getting the clinical results we search for. So... no. As a treatment method, it has not been proven functional and that is all you fucking need to know.
Unless you can provide me with sufficient amount of methodical studies proving that plans to utilize nutrition regulation can reliably bring results as a treatment for clinical depression, there isn't much to talk about.
>>
File: tryptophan supplementation.png (109KB, 576x533px) Image search: [Google]
tryptophan supplementation.png
109KB, 576x533px
>>389263141
>how to employ that as a treatment program
>How is nutrition, where metabolite availability improves production, employed?

>all these claims
Where's the proof?

>results
Well, here..
>>
File: Lutero.jpg (24KB, 363x237px) Image search: [Google]
Lutero.jpg
24KB, 363x237px
>>389263141
There are some clinically tested methods. Sugar makes your brain function much better for a short while. But then you need to sleep or just rest since it gets tired. The best detectives and investigators in the world use this, it's almost as if sugar was a drug.
>>
File: Phoenix.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>389264232
If your brain functions better and in a much more agile way - around 70% more as clinically tested for a short burst of time - you can try and think of a way to treat your own depression.
>>
>>389264350
>you can try and think of a way to treat your own depression.
I did. It did not work. But that is completely irrelevant because I'm also completely unresponsive to both exercise and all forms of medication. I also did not respond to transcranial magnetic stimulation treatment, hypnosis therapy, meditations or psycho-analysis.
I'm not a relevant sample size, so what ever works for me or not is really completely irrelevant to the discussion here. We are talking about treatments for other people, not me.
>>
File: tatoo.jpg (36KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
tatoo.jpg
36KB, 604x453px
>>389264632
Did you try what I mentioned? Ingesting sugar - in the form of candy, preferably, to facilitate intake - and then try to think of something during the next few minutes?

It works for the best detectives in the world, they can crack cases doing it. I try it when playing vidya and it works too.
>>
File: NAD+.jpg (486KB, 1260x722px) Image search: [Google]
NAD+.jpg
486KB, 1260x722px
>>389264232
>proof
It's right there.

>show me a treatment plan
5g tryptophan, 4g phenylalanine, 10g mucuna pruriens, and 2 out of 3 glasses of water made ~opaque with ground cloves.. 2x a day.

4g of ascorbic acid 4x a day.

150g-250g protein.. Some flaxseed oil.
>>
then stop playing games or getting invested in them holy shit NOT THAT FUCKING HARD RETARD
>>
>>389255185
It's definitely this.
>>
>>389253870

Try alcohol.
>>
>>389253870
Your brain needs something else to trigger dopamine releases. Go find something else to do for a few weeks and then pick up a game and see how you feel. If Vidya is your primary time killer then you just need to do something else, preferably something that involves being physically active. At least go for walks or something, it really helps.
>>
>>389265947
Forgot to mention you should also stay off /v/ for a little while. Whether you realize it or not, the constant negativity here weighs on your mind, and you need a break from it from time to time. It's very hard to enjoy something when all/most of your social interaction is about how terrible that thing you're trying to enjoy is. Even if you're the kind who says they don't care what other people say, you do, you just don't notice that you care. Being surrounded by negativity is very bad for you.
>>
>>389265270
>It's right there.
You mean the part that says "in theory, maybe?" Or the articles that talk about reverse aging? Are you... high or something?

Cool. Now show me a single study that proves that shit works. Basic clinical trial.

Because this shit has been around for a couple of decades, actually. Never proven to be more efficient than placebo.
>>
Have you played the STALKER trilogy? They're my favorite games. You should try them, I hope you enjoy them too.
>>
>>389266306
/pol/ is the same for me. Had to get off that board. So negative and depressing and started to consume me, feel so muh better now I don't go there
>>
I feel you OP.

It might be depression. But as this guy said >>389265401 I think is better for you and me to accept it.

Also this >>389265695
>>
>>389264232
>>389266895
Listen, this posting style can stop, please?

There's a chart right here (>>389263691). 5HIAA? It's a metabolite of serotonin.

The nutrition side has plenty of evidence vs what?
>>
>>389268052
That's not how you provide proof.
>>
>>389268426
>What is looking up how serotonin is measured?
>>
>>389268545
>What is like giving the name of the paper, authors, year to actually see if it's something valid
>>
File: Screenshot_210.jpg (101KB, 529x395px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_210.jpg
101KB, 529x395px
>>389268680
http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/jnnp/44/4/323.full.pdf

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2908021/
>>
You grew up
people started caring more about story and agendas in games rather than gameplay
>>
>try hyped games like darkest dungeon
>its shit

unironically wrong generation
>>
>>389256927
>Not spending more than 6 hours a day inside
t. Jobless Neet
>>
fuck off

>>>/r9k/
>>
>>389269650
Yeah, depressed people often struggle with keeping a job, and unemployed people are extremely likely to develop depression. Your point?
>>
>>389269947
You can't not spend 6 hours a day inside if your job requires you to be inside for 8 hours a day. Anyone who can stay outside for 8 hours of their waking time most likely does not have a job.
>>
>>389269197
And this >>389269317

Is why I was asking for the source. Like anon said, some charts from 35 years ago mean shit.
>>
>>389269317
>mostly in rats
That link (jnnp — "5HIAA concentrations") is obviously a human study.

What is it, exactly, you're looking for -- increases of serotonin (via metabolites) are already proven.

>multiple research articles stating diet increases serotonin as a well-established fact

>>389270792
>Direct measurements of serotonin metabolites
What's the criticism? Lull.
>>
>>389269947
>develop depression
Man the fuck up you little bitch. My life is worse than yours forever and you don't see me crying about it
>>
>>389254354
the industry is the damn probably

besides Mario, i can't fucking trust shit to still be good. new FPS are shit because if it isn't CoD clone, its an OW clone or they stick that OW ability shit in my fucking QUAKE that has no fucking reason to be there.

whole companies are just batshit insane now, like capcom and konami. fucking metal gear is finished and it went out in the worst way possible. fucking Doom makes a good comeback, but not in the way i wanted it to be, aka NuDoom but with classic style fucking levels.

i mostly beat the feeling playing shit i never heard of, like PS2 games i never seen before. some are shit, but its cool trying out new things i didn't see the first time around.
>>
>>389272203
>>389272558
>The REAL problem
This is why those other posts lists phenylalanine (dopamine and norepinephrine) and, literally, a plant with L-DOPA in it, as well as antioxidants for dopamine receptor protection.

http://www.life-enhancement.com/magazine/article/3247-serotonin-issues-5-htp-vs--antidepressants
>>
>>389253870
Play with friends online.
>>
>>389253870
Try getting younger.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.