[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dead for 7 years now. Is it ever coming back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: cnccover.jpg (55KB, 531x640px) Image search: [Google]
cnccover.jpg
55KB, 531x640px
Dead for 7 years now. Is it ever coming back?
>>
File: 1323264152311.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1323264152311.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>389248263

No, it should stay dead.
>>
I AM A MECHANICAL MAN
>>
Be careful what you wish for.
>>
Was C&C ever a "complex" game? I recall people saying that C&C3 was a very shallow game and generally the base gameplay always felt more simplistic than most RTS titles, sort of like how cod is seen compared to other shooters.
>>
>>389248263
hell no, EA kill that by buying out westwood and doing 1 more push on all titles overhyping it to sell the most and stopping the project. one of the more recent deaths of EA has been MAXIS makers of SimCity and the SIMs, they sent SIMCITY down after overhyping it and killed the whole thing, now they have a phone app run by someone else. The SIMS, im not sure if still in production, they made a huge push on it and I believe are continuing to milk it until out of DLC content and it will shut down if it hasn't already. Poor WESTWOOD couldn't be left alone to run their great games, EA had to kill them.
>>
>>389248783
It was endless tank spam from the very first game. People only get nostalgic over it for the cut scenes.
>>
>>389248783
RTS of that time wasn't too complicated in general, but the cheesy cutscenes, the voice acting, fun units etc always made C&C memorable for me.
>>
>>389248263
WE GOT THE ROCKETS
>>
>>389249058

Here, hold this.
>>
File: DoTheNOD.gif (653KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
DoTheNOD.gif
653KB, 320x240px
>>389248263
>Is it ever coming back?
It will never.
EA discontinued the franchise so no other developer can acquire the IP.
>>
TESLA WEAPON REAAHHDDHY
>>
AFFER-MATIVE
>>
Best track incoming. You cannot refute this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4AUY-v1nsE
>>
Just play the mods.
>>
>>389248382
holy shit deos that work?
>>
>>389248263
I adore C&C, me and my sister used to watch my dad play it every evening after dinner
as someone who loves the series, I wouldn't want it to come back

EA would fuck it up so hard that it would be the equivalent of digging up the corpse so they could rape it, and then instantly rebury it when the backlash happens
>>
File: Dont.jpg (4KB, 120x90px) Image search: [Google]
Dont.jpg
4KB, 120x90px
>>389248656
this
>>
>>389248263
It's dead Jim
>>
>>389250919
no
>>
>>389250919
>literally cutting of data
>using data coded for a specific OS on another
What do you think
>>
>>389248783
Only Generals and RA3 were the "complex" games out of the franchise.
>>
File: kirov.jpg (28KB, 680x376px) Image search: [Google]
kirov.jpg
28KB, 680x376px
>>389248263

I can still hear it bros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsiyor56G-U
>>
>find Tiberian Sun for free online
>DL it
>seemed like a small tight knit community
>joins me into a public chat channel
>mention I'm new as fuck and haven't played in years
>they reference me to join this one guys game
>I do
>game crashes as soon as it starts
>go to join back
>they call me a pussy ass quitter and ban me
uninstall.exe
>>
>>389248263
JUST DO IT UP.
>>
File: demo truck.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
demo truck.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
WHY DON'T YOU DRIVE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Xn86sp9dI
>>
I wish i could turn back time into RA2's release day and have those super fun days in multiplayer again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJvPyH8WnMw
>>
>>389249058
That feeling of pain when you blew up an APC and five bazookaguys insta-attack your light/mediumtank
>>
>>389248263
I really enjoyed RA3 and Generals. I missed out on the originals when they were released because my computer was shit back then.

I still play RA3 all the time in skirmish mode when I want to kill half an hour. I've been playing it for years and yesterday decided on a whim to play with the Allies and use the Cyrocopters which I've avoided for years because I thought they were useless. Then I paired them with Riptides(hovercrafts) and with enough units they would freeze literally every unit they saw and the Riptides would one-shot them.
Fucking walked through the map like a god after that.

Felt good.
>>
File: KbanfKC.png (2MB, 1191x730px) Image search: [Google]
KbanfKC.png
2MB, 1191x730px
Just give me my Red Alert 2 remaster and we're cool. Maybe add some Mental Omega content as a bonus.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.