/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a pain in the ass to play. In Dark Souls 1 you could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 16

File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220KB, 1200x650px) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220KB, 1200x650px
This is a pain in the ass to play. In Dark Souls 1 you could dodge pretty much anything if you had good reflexes and rolled in the moment an attack started. In Dark Souls 3 literally every enemy has weird attacks that have a delay for no other reason than to catch people that rely on their reflexes. How is this good game design?
>>
>>389247921
It has more of a focus on trial and error. Besides. Rolling in this game is way overpowered compared to the previous ganes.
>>
>>389247921
Stop shitposting in /v/ just because you're bad at the game and instead spend that time getting gud you fucking casual shitter.
>>
>>389247921
I think that made III much more fun compared to the first game.
Demanding you timely reactions is not a "pain in the ass", it's a fair challenge
>>
Rolling: The Game

Refunded this shit after 46 minutes.
>>
>>389247921
ds3 was fun, you're just a shitter, memorising a boss and it's patterns isn't going to help you if you have the reactions of a vegetable.
>>
Remember when the souls games were dungeon crawling action rpgs? I couldn't finish dark souls 3 because I'm not a fan of devil may cry/god of war games
>>
>>389247921
>Can't just spam 1 button to get out of all danger with no thought or effort.

You're not relying on reflexes, you're relying on anticipation and getting it wrong. You see an attack coming up and because you dodge early before the attack begins to come down, you get hit.

It's literally a problem with you.
>>
>>389248282
>Refunded this shit after 46 minutes.

I bet your parents wish they could have done the same.
>>
>>389248282
>confirmed shitter who took the 'zomggg hardest game evar' youtube bandwagon bait
>>
Just wait until you try out pvp and encounter nothing but people using heavy weapons with bullshit hyper armor frames.

Bring a spear.
>>
Biggest problem i had with the game was the lack of freedom. The levels itself were masterful and consistent, but the layout of the world is linear. Every play through is going to be more or less the same. Demon's souls had like 5 levels where you could go and Dark Souls 2 had quite a few paths too.

Even the small things were cucked:

>decide to run to anor londo
>you need the doll

>decide to run to archives
>you need to beat the other lords first

if the removed those restrictions and let us go to catacombs without beating the watcher this layout would have been very acceptable.
>>
>>389248971
Actually curious how it's possible to win against an ultragreatsword user that's not an idiot, using a katana or longsword.
I dunno if it's lag or something but somehow i'll never be able to attack before their hyper armor, it always seems to activate before I hit them
>>
>>389249202
Demon souls was still linear as fuck as soon as you spawned in a world. Das1 is the only real non linear game
>>
>>389249335
demon's is the opposite of linear. you can choose the levels in any order you want; you always have the 5 options to go. if you mean the level design was linear it is debatable. there is always the one right goal but there was quite a few shortcuts and locations like latria could be overwhelming the first time.
>>
>>389247921
>failing to dodge everything in das3
LMAOing at your skills.
>>
this is kind of funny because after 4 or 5 games in the series, you basically excpet every enemy to have some weird gimmicky attack that point
i just got back into dark souls 1 after years and i'm playing super slowly and carefully due to conditioning and i'm finding it relatively challenging. i like how slow it is, you are (mostly) aware of the things going on around you
visual design is just beyond anything else, too. everyone talks about level design, difficulty, etc. but DS1 had the best colour composition of a game. i know that sounds nerdy but the game really does look like a work of art.
>>
I personally think Dark Souls 3 is the best souls game.
>>
>>389249279

Aside from switching weapons? Timing, I'm sorry to say. If they miss their first attack they will always always roll away. You can predict and roll catch them with practice. Other than that offhand a caestus or a parry dagger and practice.
>>
>>389249750
Latria is the only one you could argue with. Every world in des was linear and had you go in a single path in order from sub boss to main boss
>>
What should I infuse my Long Sword with if I'm using a Sorcery/Pyromancy set? Right now my stats are 30 Attunement, 30 Int, 18 Str, 12 Dex, 21 Faith.
>>
>>389247921
>rely on their reflexes
Stop relying on reflexes and git gud
>>
Thanks to my shitty PC I can't even play DS2 SOTFS, much less DS3
Should I be thankful?

Also, does any one know why I can play DS2 vanilla but not with the dlcs? Was there a graphical improvement?
>>
>>389250394
>21 faith
Faith is shit in 3. Not many tools to play with and barely anyone of merit is weak to it.
>>
>>389250629
I wanted enough to heal without having to rely on Estus. I'll probably respec later though.
>>
>>389250593
Afaik SOTFS runs DX10, and the original release DX9
>>
>>389250593
>Should I be thankful?
Of course not. DaS3, let alone 2, isn't as good as DaS1, but they're still incredible games, especially DaS3.
>>
>>389250394
Usually infusions are a bad idea except for quite specific builds or purposes.
Always good to have one appropriately infused weapon but your main weapon is better off being something that already scales well with your stats, for example the moonlight greatsword (arguably the best weapon in the game with proper stats)

If you're planning to upgrade both INT and FTH then a dark weapon would be good too, like the crucifix of the mad king. If you want to be more melee-oriented then weapon buffing is always worth a slot.
>>
>>389250841
I'm mostly cheesing my way through the game using Great Soul Arrow, Chaos Fire Orb and Black Fire Orb. Also Med Heal. The only problem is when I'm forced into melee fights I can't do damage worth shit. I'm using a Long Sword+6 and I tried using the Carthus Flame Arc, but I want to be able to do damage without having to buff my weapon every minute.
>>
>>389250593
You literally have to be homosexual to have a PC that can't fucking play Dark Souls 3
>>
File: MORE YOUR SPEED.gif (1MB, 270x235px) Image search: [Google]
MORE YOUR SPEED.gif
1MB, 270x235px
>>389247921
>>
File: PS_Messages_20170904_153735.jpg (729KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PS_Messages_20170904_153735.jpg
729KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone wanna co op the doggo miniboss on Ps4?
>>
>>389251236
Unfortunately, relying on melee with an INT/FTH hybrid is a pretty hard route to start with, so there's nothing wrong with using projectile weapons, it's part of your build after all.
But yes, if you do a 1v1 pvp you'll pretty much just have to use a melee weapon unless you're just god-tier at spellcasting.
>>
File: capsnk2-king-01.jpg (57KB, 400x750px) Image search: [Google]
capsnk2-king-01.jpg
57KB, 400x750px
>>389247921
It means that different enemies require different timing you lummox. I bet you suck at fighting games
>>
>>389250841
>crucifix of the mad kind

Don't even bother touching this weapon unless you are going 40str/60fai.
>>
I hated how you recover so slowly that you can easily end up stunlocked to death by just basic enemies
>>
>games have emphasis on learning enemy combos
>enemy knows you'll roll
>gets you while you roll
G I T G U D
>>
>>389250629
Pyro scales off the lower of the two stats though
>>
>>389253578
nice encumberance, retard
>>
Is the new PvP meta in Souls 3 just to parry spam and switch to a weapon with high critical damage? I haven't played in months and it seems like 3/4 of the invaders all go for parries now.
>>
>>389249279
You realise ultra weapons are low tier in pvp right? Straight and curved swords are the best in the game.
>>
File: 1357389448775.jpg (171KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
1357389448775.jpg
171KB, 621x621px
>>389248971

>PvPing anywhere other than the high wall at SL6 or lower

Everywhere is gank squads.
Hosts could not have more advantages in DaS3
Double the estus of invaders, can summon 3 phantoms, can slap on blueberry covenant for another 2 fun police.
And that's if you get a host that isn't hacking or just CE'd all their gear in.
Seriously, there is no reason to invade anywhere else.
Even invading the high wall you still get gank squads half the time, fortunately 9/10 times they're too retarded to realize all their stats are descaled into garbage.
>>
DeS is a fast food burger, tasty but will make you sick if you eat too many of them.

DS1 is a good-looking tasty sandwich that falls apart every time you try to eat it, messy and sloppy but good.

DS2 is an ugly, gross-looking sandwich that tastes great once you get past the first few bites

DS3 is a beautiful sandwich that you find out is made of plastic and is just there for the photos

BB is a premium expensive fancy burger, it's only downside is that burgers taste better when they're cheap.
>>
File: 1503841827257.jpg (37KB, 444x502px) Image search: [Google]
1503841827257.jpg
37KB, 444x502px
>>389258020
>>
>>389258020
Wrong,
>>
>>389249279
Ultras are ridiculously easy to handle 1 on 1, basically the sorcery equivalent of melee builds. If you're not particularly good at PVP, you pretty much have to rely on the opponent fucking up, lagging or getting distracted.
Greatswords and regular hammers are probably the most effective weapons for PVP if you want to take advantage of poise. Splitleaf is also easy mode.
>>
>>389247921
Your style is too passive. Take the fight to your enemies. Stop waiting for them to attack you and failing to dodge. Strike fear into the hearts of men like the Drang Knights.
>>
>>389257374
There's a whole other branch of PVP specifically for duels if you're looking for fair fights.
Invasions are unfair to encourage you to use the zone and play smart. If you run into a gank where you can't do anything, you can always crystal out until you don't run into a complete faggot.
>>
It's real easy to tell who the i-frames shitters are, they often complain about ADP in DaS 2, because they're too dumb to comprehend people wanting different playstyles.

3 is such a half-assed action game pretending to have RPG elements.
>>
File: IMG_1948.png (25KB, 669x514px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1948.png
25KB, 669x514px
how 2 beat Dancer as FAI buuild??
>>
>>389261368
Dorhy's Gnawing.
>>
>>389261368
Nevermind that, how to beat Wolnir as INT build?
>>
File: IMG_4585.jpg (32KB, 436x359px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4585.jpg
32KB, 436x359px
>>
>>389262130
Pestilent Mercury can kill him without waking him up.
>>
>>389260264

>There's a whole other branch of PVP specifically for duels if you're looking for SL 120 forced meta-shit

ftfy
>>
>>389262130
hit him with your weapon until he's dead, it'll just take longer
>>
>push B to not die: the game
>trying to predict when someone pushes B: the game

Wow, so exciting. At least Dark Souls 1 had heavily armored knights and shit stomping around to change things up.
>>
>>389247921
Bought the goty edition of the game and deleted it after completing main game. I seriously couldn't be assed to play the DLC.
What a boring no-story game, what is the purpose?
>>
>Assassin's Creed is terrible because you push a button to counter moves
>Dark Souls 3 is good because you push a button to have all attacks phase through you
>>
do people actually play these games. i got stuck at the cathedral gargoyle on ds1. died in the intro to ds2 and couldnt get past the sewer in bloodborne
>>
>>389251594
what SL?
>>
>>389265085
You can block the gargoyle's attacks with your shield. Unless you fail to realize that, how are you going to get stuck?
>>
>>389247921
>>389248051
Rolling is kind of a ridiculous dodge move anyway. If you don't know what I mean, try doing a Dark Souls roll in your living room or yard right now and then tell me about it. Then imagine doing it in armor ffs.
>>
>>389264029
>xbox player

opinion invalid
>>
>>389265085
Nah man, we just look at the box art and make up stories.
>>
>>389248282
Like the previous four games?
>>
>>389265085
It's a hardcore game for le hardcore gamers, you are not one of the elite pros ;)
>>
>>389250373
>Every world in des was linear
First of all, this isn't even true. All of the worlds have some sort of tendency events that require you to explore different paths that you haven't been able to access before on top of having hidden NPCs and items that are not on your main road, but I feel like you don't even understand how much freedom DeS gives to you. The "intended" way to play the game is to first clear levels X-1, then X-2 and finally X-3, but once you know your shit you can do whatever you want. For example, after clearing 1-1 you can go and play through the entire Valley of Defilement to get Dark Silver Shield and then cheese Tower of Latria with your 100% magic reduction shield. Or if you're doing a pure strength playthrough, you can play the entire Stonefang Tunnel right off the bat and grab your Dragon Bone Smasher before ever stepping into Latria, Shrine of Storms or Valley of Defilement. Imagine if in Dark Souls after clearing Undead Burg you could freely go to Anor Londo, Great Hollow, Sanctuary Garden or Demon Ruins. That's the level of freedom DeS gives to you.
>>
>>389247921
WAAAAA WAAAAA MUH DELAYS

Stfu, it actually made things a bit less predictable after mastering the controls after enough gameplay.
What's the point of playing souls without having to die a few times on your first playthrough?
>>
>>389248383
KEK
>>
Glad someone agrees with me. The attack animations either have little or no windup or the attack itself is the windup so you need to have lightning fast inhuman reactions, or they do that gay ass delay that catches you out for no reason other than 'you shouldn't have tried to roll away from my attack lol :^)' I'm pretty sure you're expected to take some damage in this game at some point unless you're one of those autismos. In return you have massive health pools, tonnes of estus, massive stamina and recovery, fast weapons with stunlocks and all that casual ass shit, so in the end it doesn't feel as purposeful or skillful as DaS1 where every input has an animation and a delay but so does the enemy.
>>
>>389248248
>>389248140
>>389248301

Don't pat yourselves on the back too much, tryhards. Dark Souls is just about i-frames and nothing else. The game is a dumbed down after thought by From.
>>
>>389247921
Dark Souls 3 is full of attacks that only look difficult to dodge. In reality, all the enemies and bosses are basically the same shit.
>>
>>389247921
Its because of the focus on combat DaS3 has however Souls is fairly simple when it comes to combat for a very good reason, the areas are fairly small in comparison to other action games even with the larger combat areas of DaS3, theres limited croud control, no juggling, limited combos because the combat is claughtrophobic and built for one on one engagements or up to a handful of enemies that hit hard and die quick, theres no room for expansion so the only way they can mix it up is just tweaking what they already have, enemies have delayed wind ups, long combos with false breaks etc.
>>
>>389270646
so why can't they expand it? If you want me to fight 1-2 hollows at a time, why can't I have more than 5 attacks and a roll/block/parry?
>>
>demon's souls
>nearly every boss is a gimmick
>dark souls 1
>every boss has the same 3 attacks
>dark souls 2
>nearly every boss has the same 4 attacks
>bloodborne
>chalice dungeon bosses are just regular enemies and one of the dlc bosses is a tutorial boss reskin
>dark souls 3
>a majority of the bosses have numerous attacks, all except ancient wyvern gimmick boss have two phases which require the player to adapt their strategy and memorize to a much greater extent than das1 or 2
>fags like OP only complain about 3's or 2's
>>
>>389255086
Not true in DaS3. You can focus on a single stat and still have decent pyro and dark spells.
>>
>Fast travel unlocked from the start
That's what killed the series, it works for DeS and BB since they are hub based but when you try to make a seamless world and give the player fast travel at the beginning you're just making Ubisoft trash at that point.
>>
>>389273326
Are Majula in DaS2 and Firelink Shrine in DaS3 not hubs?
>>
>>389273897
They definitely are.
>>
>>389274283
Then what is it that differentiates them from DeS and BB hubs? I don't quite follow.
>>
>>389274426
Oh I have no idea. I'm not the fag you were replying to.
>>
>>389273897
They aren't hubs in the same way the Nexus functions in Demon's Souls where it's just a transit area for you to go the level that is a separate entity altogether, similar with the Hunter's Dream it's an entirely isolated location from the other areas of the game. The paths in Majula radiate outwards like spokes on a tire and from Firelink in III you follow a relatively straight path, rather than designing the games around fast travel the focus should've been on having the player unlock shortcuts or pathways between the areas to reduce the amount of travel time it takes to get around the map in the same way that the first Dark Souls did.

So yes they are hubs but they aren't integrated into the world the same way DeS or BB did it.
>>
What's the recommended level for hitting the first DLC?
>>
>>389273897
>Are they not hubs
I think the point he is making is that they are hub based as opposed to just having a hub. In DaS3 there just IS a hub regardless of how well it suits the game.
Though I think it's pretty bad for BB as well.
With DeS I think you have one Arch Stone for each sub area so it's not even close to being that bad.
The core problem for the Dark Souls games is that centralizing merchants and smiths, allowing the player access to several bonfires in every area and incentivizing the player to keep returning to the hub disrupts the flow of the game.
You remove the decision of whether or not to rest at a bonfire as you almost certainly don't have to deal with what you just went through even 2 seconds ago and being a loading screen removed from anywhere as well as constantly warping back to the hub to upgrade your shit destroys the impact of moving through the world.
When you get carried away by demons, descend into the fetid bowels of the earth or meditate to a far off dreamscape you have an impact but that impact is decimated by finding a bonfire not 1 minute away that instantly neutralizes any journey you just took.
For a very poignant comparison take Ashes of Ariandel that rips off Ariamis and how it handles bonfires by contrast to the original.
In Ariamis there is a lone an isolated bonfire that you can not warp from, you are forced through an area that is likely more perilous than you are used to and are finally bidden to leave in a way that is fairly final and novel.
In Ariandel the area is larger so there are more bonfires but you can also always warp back right from the start, you aren't forced through the area regardless of how prepared you are for it and when you are asked to leave it is through a bonfire which will inspire the player to simply use the opportunity to warp to the hub, upgrade and challenge the area immediately after using the new checkpoint that they have earned.
>>
>>389247921
So then just react to their slower attacks, you don't think they know that people from DS1 will try to use the same tactics again, that's why they changed it up so it won't be a complete cake walk the moment you start and just have to adjust and learn again. Just like all the other games you get used to it, try again you fucking shitter.
>>
>>389247921
Its not that bad.
>>
>>389247921
It teaches you not to just blindly smash the dodge button the moment anything moves and read the opponent instead you fucking imbecile.
>>
>>389275083
Anywhere from 60 to 80, unless you're doing a specific low level pvp build.
>>
Every dark souls thread I see on /v/ is more dumb than the previous one. It's hard to believe that shitposters like >>389248302 or >>389253578 are real.
>>
>>389261368
Dark Hand
>>
>>389267903
Dark Souls 1 had more roll iframes than DS3 and ninja ring and all enemy attacks were slow as fuck and telegraphed an hour beforehand. You could strafe2win everything and poise was absolutely broken as fuck in all game modes that ensured you have an easy mode. Spells were broken to the point you could effortlessly one shot bosses and Greatshield of Artorias made you nigh immortal. You could get a lot of estus charges very early in the game for little cost and drake sword or black knight sword made it possible to steamroll literally everything. You're complaining about fast weapons while forgetting the falchion build. And remember how you could spam humanity for 100% hp heal?

Do I need to say more or is this enough of a proof that DS1 wasn't anywhere near the pedestal you people put it on?
>>
>>389279585
>You could get a lot of estus charges very early in the game for little cost
I agree with pretty much everything you're saying but I don't think many players are going to know to go kill Pinwheel as their first boss on their first time through the game to up their Estus count.

Unless you were referring to something else?
>>
>>389274763
>hunter's dream is integrated into the world
wew lad
>>
>>389280350
Doesn't have to be the first boss but apparently plenty of people killed him fairly quickly without any guides.
>>
>>389280445
>Hunter's Dream it's an entirely isolated location from the other areas of the game.
Reading comprehension.
>>
>>389280502
Really? I always hear about people trying to go through the Catacombs early on and drop the game because they can't even get past the above ground section that connects to Firelink. I didn't kill Pinwheel until after the Lordvessel when I went to kill Nito. Although with how little health he has I always did wonder if he was designed to be done early on to help players by increasing the total Estus but it seems kind of counterintuitive to make players go through a late game area to reach him if that was the intention.
>>
>>389247921
95% of bosses in the DS series are shit and rely on the "le delayed swing" gimmick lol
>>
>>389247921
We've come full circle, /v/

People are actually complaining about DS3 being too hard when it has the most leeway in not only any DS / DeS / BB with its dodging, but more than most fucking third person action games in general

oh my lawd
>>
>>389265334
COR BLIMEY
U DOWNT FINK FOR A SEKIN THA 'ISS 'ERE IZ AH VID-EEE-OH GAYM?
OI LADZ, WE GOT ANUVA ONE OVAH 'ERE, BRIN' THA BAT
>>
>>389280753
I don't have any source but I'm pretty sure I've read he was supposed to be an early boss.
>>
File: mfw randal.jpg (27KB, 295x362px) Image search: [Google]
mfw randal.jpg
27KB, 295x362px
>>389247921
>game lets roll spam through everything
>get hit by scrub enemies
>>
I'm playing this for the first time right now. FUCK Dragonslayer Armor, I fucking hate this faggot boss. Two measly hits and I'm either dead or at 3% health every time

I'm about to download a trainer and skip this faggot
>>
>>389258020
>fancy
>burger

Fucking Americans.
>>
>>389281276
How do you people have problems with the Armor? It's pretty average as far as boses go.
>>
>>389265594
Not him, but this is definitely not in the same vein as the other games where you maybe have to roll two or three times at most, before actually retaliating. You start out Dark Souls 3 with 10 rolls before stamina is out, whereas before you had 4 or 5.
>>
>>389275083
>>389278626

Definitely 90+ unless you like dealing wet noodle damage to basic enemies.
>>
File: namelessking2_tc.jpg (492KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
namelessking2_tc.jpg
492KB, 1920x1080px
*blocks your path*
>>
>>389281712
90+ is for TRC though
>>
>>389281298

>never had a gourmet burger

man, Europe really is irrelevant. All the best foods of europe can be found in the US, but Europe cant even get something as simple as a burger right?
>>
File: IMG_0427.png (528KB, 760x510px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0427.png
528KB, 760x510px
>>389247921
Look, im not TRYING to downplay these games, Bloodborne is the obly one i have played but i thiugh the whole schtick was "hurr durr u die now" because oh yeah, i felt it, until i beat Gasgoine, since then i have been GENOCIDING Yharnam.
Pearl? Murdered it
Amelia? Fucking jokes
That witch? Fuckin jokes
Shadows? I even killed them one at a time which was meant to make this harder

Seriously, when you know what the game is all about, it doesn't even TRY to bottleneck you. I have to pay attention at all times but my Hunter is a one girl murder machine. These games aren't hard, they just make you stay on top of it at all times is all.
>>
>>389282750
A good chunk of Bloodborne's bosses can be beaten by hugging their sides and mashing R1, also it's Paarl.
>>
>>389281712
???????

Ashes is like 50 buddy

If you go through Ashes at 90 and have a hard time, you may as well just never play games again
>>
>>389281448
he does like half my life bar with every hit and he'll just bash me with his fucking electric shield out of nowhere with zero windup. I probably should be using embers when I fight him but I don't want to waste them because I don't know his moveset well enough, and each time I fight him without an ember I only have like 30 seconds to learn how he fights before he kills me with some bullshit damage attack.

I had no trouble beating the outrider knight in the basement below him, but there are other enemies (like the hollows with the black goo monsters coming out of their heads) that I usually won't even fight because half the time they will murder me, even 1v1.

I seem to have the most trouble against enemies that cover my screen with their giant flailing attacks. It confuses me or something
>>
>>389282897
Exactly and another thing, whats "ebin" about having enemies so fucking huge i can't see what the fuck is going on? And great, i felled the great beasts by stabbing their toes till they died. Its great, but not "really" hard. Im always holding my breath that "this might be it against this boss" but i still beat it, but i admit its that hold your breath moment that is why these games are so great.
>>
>>389283274

sounds like you want more VIG, you want at least 27 for Lothric Castle and more like 40 for endgame.

The key with Armor is to watch the shield not the axe. Axe attacks are slow and you have loads of time to avoid them, the shield is fast and does more damage than you would expect.
>>
>>389283285
Bloodborne's base game bosses are pretty awful for the most part, the best ones are optional or in the DLC. Too many of them are just massive beasts that flail around and be staggered in some way by just pure aggression or they're stupid gimmicks like the Witch of Hemwick but yeah the """"""""""difficulty"""""""""" is a meme, they're more challenging than your average game for sure but compared to action games like Ninja Gaiden, DMC or God Hand on higher difficulties they're jokes.

A game doesn't have to be hard to be good.
>>
File: IMG_0338.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0338.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>389283515
I agree with your spoiler and i agree with DMC being harder actually.
>>
File: Plain.Doll.full.1862888.jpg (527KB, 1196x855px) Image search: [Google]
Plain.Doll.full.1862888.jpg
527KB, 1196x855px
>>389283878
I recommend going to the optional areas because two of the best bosses in the base game are there, did you find the 'other' route in Forbidden Woods?
>>
>>389282750
>These games aren't hard, they just make you stay on top of it at all times is all.
I would say that's pretty hard for most people. Most boss fights last like 3-5 minutes and going that long without choking isn't easy, especially when you don't know the boss's moves. It's mostly and endurance / patience kind of thing in these games. I would say having good timing is equally as important but they usually give you a lot of leeway there, except for with parries
>>
File: PissedGuts.jpg (116KB, 788x609px) Image search: [Google]
PissedGuts.jpg
116KB, 788x609px
Level 84 and need to co-op friede on PS4, anyone?
>>
File: IMG_0258.jpg (428KB, 927x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0258.jpg
428KB, 927x380px
>>389284376
I should mention i do at least stock up fully on bloodvials before i do these boss matches. The silence of the main game can be annoying though so i moatly listen to podcasts like JRE when im playing bloodborne
>>
>>389248383

BTFO 10/10
>>
File: 2ec4.png (46KB, 412x416px) Image search: [Google]
2ec4.png
46KB, 412x416px
>>389248383
Holy fuck.
>>
>>389282616
>Americans plebs calling a simple meal a child could cook a "fancy meal".
>>
>>389251594

Are you having trouble with him? Run to the right before the fight starts and kill the two wolves lying down. They'll be to the right of the gravestone somewhere, kind of toward a corner. Third wolf will run over but just kick his ass. Then the d-bag turtle dude will run over and you can kick his ass. Try to get backstabs. When he summons the giant wolf ignore it until you've killed him. Then just use the pillars to avoid the wolf until you can get in and hit its face or back.

I'd co-op but I'm busy atm. What soul level / platform?
>>
>>389265334
>impractical irl
Try swinging an ultra greatsword in real life you cock chugger I hope you're trolling
>>
>>389273326

Horseshit. All that did in DeS and BB was create a middle man that made it more inconvenient than if you could just warp from one lantern to another.

DS1 at least made it so that, when you could warp, it was a refreshing breath of air and felt like you suddenly had mobility.

That said, I still prefer access from any bonfire just for the fact that it removes have to add an extra warp in when I really don't need it.
>>
How come I could beat judex gundy no prop when I tried it on a friend's ps4 but when I got it on pc I couldn't even come close to beating him? Really makes me think
>>
>>389283184

I could see being at 90+ for Friede's 3 tiered fight of bullshit, though once you get better at reacting to her it's doable at lower levels. Otherwise yeah, ~50 is fine for the DLC.

Ashes of Ariandel feels really random with its difficulty, to be honest.
>>
What's a good pure STR weapon I can make my new primary weapon? I'm a noob at Dark Souls, currently in Lothric castle and I have been using a heavy-infused claymore for most of the game. It does a lot of damage and I've already committed a ton of resources to it so I went ahead and upgraded it to +9. But I feel like I should alternately be using one of these tons of rare / boss weapons that I have available because it would probably be better, or maybe I should just get a faster weapon meant for 1H because the claymore is kinda slow. I have 40 STR and only 15 DEX.
>>
>>389283515

Isn't God Hand just grindy as shit?
>>
>>389286613
Considering there's no level select, you can't even grind to begin with. You have to git gud to go on with the game, it's not like DMC3 where you can just grind the first level for healing items. God Hand is infinitely more challenging than any Souls game.
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.