[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what the fuck happened with Steam boxes in the end?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: steaming.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
steaming.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
So what the fuck happened with Steam boxes in the end?
>>
File: LwdEQy8d.jpg (24KB, 292x292px) Image search: [Google]
LwdEQy8d.jpg
24KB, 292x292px
they run out of steam
>>
>>389245714
literally binned mine was so disgusted
>>
Anyone who had any interest in them realized that you could hook up ANY computer to your TV. Or, you could run a long HDMI cable to your TV from your gaming computer.

There's no reason for the Steam Box to exist. That's why Valve is focusing on Steam Big Picture Mode instead, so you can comfortably control Steam with a controller on your couch.
>>
Valve keeping them under wraps until microsoft tries to force steam onto the windows store, just like steamOS
>>
Can these run word/powerpoint?

If not it's pretty obvious no ones going to want to buy a pc just for games and a second one for work/general use
>>
>>389246248
They've already kind of done this with the Windows 10 Home edition.
>>
that piece of shit and the controller were nothing but a waste of money for valve and every retard that bought them

should have just given the millions to me and it would have saved them from the trouble
>>
Linux has fewer games than ps3
>>
>Started out as 3 tiers of PC built by Valve to standardise the process like a console should
>They get lazy and just ship it out it like current pre-built PCs so there's no standards at all
And thus the idea fell flat.
>>
>>389246293
>it's pretty obvious no ones going to want to buy a pc just for games
tell that to console sucks. they buy ((PC's)) just for games every generation
>>
It's the kind of idea that can't really pay off without a decade or more of work, since you're trying to undo decades of Windows dominance. Anyone who buys into it now is an idiot, but Valve is still slowly chipping away at it just as they did with Steam, which was also terrible and hated for a very long time.
>>
>poorly specced computers running an operating system that didn't support the vast majority of games on the platform they're named for
really gets the noggin joggin
>>
>>389246460
In the grand scheme of things, consoles are mostly used as Netflix boxes.
>>
>>389246513
And has become terrible and hated once again
>>
Valve conned a bunch of manufacturers into testing hardware and the concept for them, so they themselves would not incur any losses. since they didnt prove profitable, Valve shelved the idea, but also learned from who they conned on how they could execute it again in the future with first party hardware.

basically just Valve being greedy kikes as always.
>>
Those are Alienware X51s. I have one, and it runs Windows 7.
>>
>>389246012
fpbp
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.