[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (180KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
180KB, 1280x720px
BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>389245664
I used an invite HP trainer in this part.
It still booted me back to the checkpoint when i touch the blades but i was not in danger of getting boted back to the bench i last rested at.
>>
>>389245664
This isn't even the hardest part of the level.
But it's not THAT hard to begin with.
If you're REALLY bad - grab the honeycomb charm from the Hive first.
>>
>>389245910
I just googled White Palace, yo. But just because it's possible to cheese doesn't mean it's good.

The absolute worst part is the late area vertical section where you have to spike jump because if you fall it resets your respawn point to earlier in the level.
>>
>>389246118
It gives you multiple checkpoints, you have infinite continues in this game and it allows you to cheese it you're bad AND it's an entirely optional challenge. How does this make it bad?
>>
>>389246298
>Entirely optional
>Necessary for true ending
???

Also I cannot believe you actually think the area is well designed or fits in well with the rest of the game.
>>
>>389246376
The true ending is entirely optional.

I definitely think it doesn't fit well with the rest of the game, because it's a more hardcore platformer level, compared to the rather rudimentary platforming in the rest of the game, since it's a metroidvania first and foremost, and focuses more on exploration and combat.
But I also don't think it's not well designed (for the most part). I think you're just complaining because you simply aren't skilled enough to appreciate the challenge. I myself by no means a hardcore platformer fan, but I managed to get out of my comfort zone and through this level without THAT much trouble, and I had fun challenging myself. I don't go around calling platformers like SMB and VVVVVV bad, just because I'm not very good at those kind of games.
>>
File: D3_breen_010005.jpg (8KB, 200x160px)
D3_breen_010005.jpg
8KB, 200x160px
>>389245664

-N
>>
>>389246714
I don't think falling back on "git gud" is a very good argument man. I've already beaten White Palace, that doesn't mean I had to like it. Some parts felt perfectly fair but others were poorly designed, especially the "crusher" parts where either spikes or sawblades went up and down in a small corridor. The game does not control precisely enough for that sort of positioning to be consistent or fun.

Saying the true ending is entirely optional is complete BS though. It would be one thing if it was Crash Bandicoot or something and you unlocked a bonus level, but for a Metroidvania style game to have a SMB ripoff level at the absolute end felt like a poor design decision. If they wanted White Palace to be a thing it should have had a different reward and shouldn't have been linked to getting the Void Heart.
>>
>>389247032
>Saying the true ending is entirely optional is complete BS though.
It isn't though.
>>
>>389245664
For fuck's sake, I've spent so much time on the last parts of the white palace.I thought it was going to be easy after first rooms, but those motherfucking spikes near the end...
Even with honeycomb charm it took me a while.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.