[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ps2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 3.jpg (420KB, 736x1134px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
420KB, 736x1134px
If you've never soldered a modchip in a PS2 in your life, then you're a pussy.

Pic related.
>>
I'd probably fry the thing somehow.
>>
>>389234834
what does doing this even accomplish
>>
>>389234921
Piracy. It's obsolete these days unless you want to play PS1 games natively.
>>
>>389235118
Video patching as well.
>>
>>389235118
i have this exact modchip installed but i can't run ps1 for some reason
>>
>>389234834
if there's a way to bypass the region lock with this I'm interested
>>
>>389235212
Sounds like your SX point isn't connected.
>>
>>389235212
Yeah, I think that one can't do it. I have no idea what's the chip on mine, probably some clone, but it can't do PS1 either. Ought to replace it whenever I feel ballsy.
>>
>>389235343
Again, PS1 games not booting are usually SCEX point not connected (SX) unless you have a 9000x console, on which the compatibility is hit and miss.

Older versions (including fats) do PS1 fine.
>>
>>389235467
It's a 50001, I think. Got any hints so I don't fuck up?
>>
>>389235606
Does it have an small "a" on the model number? I need that to know what diagram you have to check the SX point on.

Oh, and you'll need a 15-20W soldering iron. Don't go any higher, or it's going to be painful.
>>
>>389234834
Why not just softmod it?
>>
>>389235954
Not that I remember. No need to look up a diagram anyway, I was just mentioning it.

>Oh, and you'll need a 15-20W soldering iron.
Never soldered anything in my life, so that's good to know.
>>
>>389234834
>soldering is le hardcore nerd culture xD
Literally kys yourself.
>>
>>389236070
go back to the kitchen cunt
>>
I just use Free McBoot and HDLoader. I think it's more impressive that I don't need to insert a disc into the PlayStation in order to play games.
>>
>>389235954
>>389236045
Oh yeah, do you leave the chip hanging or do you use tape?
>>
Anyone here have any experience with those Chinese HDD adapters (like the SATA ones)? Official ones are way too overpriced.
>>
>>389236332
It comes with double sided tape.
>>
i used swap magic
>>
>>389236813
Seconding this.
>>
>>389235212
you can try holding circle while turning on the console, but I read that the modbo family of modchips doesn't have a full matrix infinity bios installed, it lacks the ps1 part.
also most probably the guy that installed the modchip (if it wasn't you) didn't soldered the SX point (and maybe the Y point too) because of lazyness and the fact that it wouldn't work anyway.

I have read of people flashing a normal matrix infinity bios (last official version is 1.93) and getting ps1 backups working, but nothing concrete.

My pre-owned ps2 fat came with an official matrix infinity (fw 1.83) installed and plays any backup I throw to it without problems, ps1 ones included (I have to hold circle though).
>>
im pretty sure fmcb is a better option anyways
>>
>not soft modding
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.