[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Secret of Mana "remake" footage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

File: always mad.png (244KB, 442x247px) Image search: [Google]
always mad.png
244KB, 442x247px
I know I'm late to the party, but
>didn't bother to animate mouths on NPCs
>didn't even animate Elliot smacking Randi
>literally phone game-tier movements (no surprise given that Secret of Mana remake's engine is just a slightly improved version of Adventures of Mana's engine, which was originally a mobile game before being ported to Vita)
BRAVO, SE
Times in links are the lead up to the first boss, so you can see what I'm talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKbqzL1YN6Y&t=7m35s (concentrated view)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRUYzEGsu8k&t=9m50s (shows the three people talking)
On top of that, the player in this footage is shit.
>doesn't run
>doesn't charge attack
>constantly gets candy despite having the max amount
>>
File: 1490052450780.gif (577KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1490052450780.gif
577KB, 540x540px
Looks as bad as we all thought it would.
>>
>engine is just a slightly improved version of Adventures of Mana's engine, which was originally a mobile game before being ported to Vita
It's Rise of Mana's engine, actually (which was originally on iOS and Android and then ported on Vita).
>>
>>389232262
Pretty much.
>waste time and money having every single piece of text voiced
>"What if we improve the gameplay though?"
>NAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
And no, fixing bugs and making things work properly isn't an improvement, it's something that should always be done when porting a project and is expected of a developer.

Oh, and fuck this guy
>"uh, nope, I can't think of any other multiplayer RPGs with couch-op"
Fuck.
YOU.
>but anon, what about a modern example
Dragon's Crown.
>>
>>389231830
maybe they will improve, when it's the release?
>>
>>389232538
Oh, even worse then.
>>
who the fuck cares about secret of mana after playing it once
>>
>>389232603
February 2018
And no, they won't.
You're a fucking idiot for thinking they will.
>>
>>389231830
>didn't bother to animate mouths on NPCs
WHAT IS THE POINT OF ADDING WORTHLESS VOICE ACTING IF YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO SHELL OUT FOR THE THINGS NECESSARY TO MAKE VA BLEND INTO A SCENE?
>>
>>389232638
Nostalgiafags.
And yeah, pretty much.
There's not even variations or splitting paths like in SD3 and no post-game either.
At best, you use different weapons, but that's fucking stupid since you don't get all the weapons right away, and only the sword and mana charge magic works in the end anyways.
>>
>remaking it in the first place
>>
>>389232561
Don't most entries in the Tales series have local MP too? I know Symphonia did.
>>
>>389232706
It's SE the same company who made "quality texture food" for ff xv and didn't care about improve the cs or write a good story
>>
>people actually want modern SE to make sequels to Squaresoft games
People need to realize its over. They aren't the same company anymore. They will ruin anything they touch.
>>
>>389232795
They did this with FFXV pocket edition too. I actually like the low poly models in both this and pocket edition, I think they have some charm to them, but voice acting coming out of completely static faces is incredibly off-putting.
>>
>>389232792
Yup, that's also true as well.
And before anyone argues that doesn't count, well then it mustn't fucking count in SoM either, because it's the same shit: One character drags the party around, the others only matter for fights.
>>
>>389232840
Bravely Default was a good spiritual sequel to FFV.
>>
>>389231830
>"If you die in this you get rezzed constantly"
>>
why would anyone want to play this when the SNES is so comfy and nice to play? It looks bad, like bootleg quality bad.
>>
File: NEVER EVER.jpg (46KB, 447x373px) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVER.jpg
46KB, 447x373px
>>389232840
I don't want sequels so much as I want the stuff we never got officially.
This is a waste of money compared to having an official translation of SD3 and the Switch collection brought over.

Also, the one thing I really want, SE will never do. If you don't know from looking at this pic, it's making a complete version of this game with all of its unfinished content actually being finished, including the entire story of a certain character, which is still scattered across the disc in various incomplete bits and chunks.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>389232936
Not even fucking close.

This game curb-stomped BD, but unfortunately:
-is stuck forever on mobile
-has ugly looking graphics
-has an extremely annoying female character
>>
File: 1504394681012.png (181KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
1504394681012.png
181KB, 872x632px
>>389231830
>remake
>the original version still looks better

What's the fucking point?
>>
>>389233021
To be fair, she's talking about the very first fight specifically.
That said, fuck that "lingo" of hers and anyone else who uses it. I bet she calls the SNES a "snehz".
>>
File: 1449218324992.gif (425KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
1449218324992.gif
425KB, 500x323px
>>389233174
>there will never be a remake in 3DS
>>
>>389233221
If they officially branded it as a demake, would people still be upset?
>>
>>389233325
Why would people want a demake
>>
File: FFD_Vata.png (6KB, 136x169px) Image search: [Google]
FFD_Vata.png
6KB, 136x169px
>>389233305
Of what? FF5, FFD, or a version of BDFF that's actually challenging and doesn't rely on gimmicks?

I'd be willing to pay for all three if I got to hang out with absolute madman again.
>>
>>389232613
I guess it's quite understandable, because literally nobody (I've yet to see another non-Jap person who played Rise of Mana up until its closure) played Rise of Mana.
Still, SD1 remake (Adventures of Mana) was created by using RoM's engine and many character/enemy models as well. This is why it was developed on mobile and Vita - no effort was needed to develop a new engine, just use RoM's engine.
Thing is, RoM producer planned all these remakes a long time ago:
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/30/rise-mana-producer-wants-release-next-major-mana-game-two-years/
>“The Mana series are titles that aren’t readily available on current consoles,” starts Oyamada. “Especially Seiken Densetsu 3, which was only available on the Super Famicom. Therefore, I’d like to make Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden*, Seiken Densetsu 2*, and Seiken Densetsu 3 as a series that can be properly played, and in two years time I’d like to release Seiken Densetsu 5.
>as a series that can be properly played
It's no surprise that Adventures of Mana sold well enough to make a remake of SD2 (even though it's pretty much a mobile game), mostly thanks to Japan - people love Seiken Densetsu AND mobile games there. I can also assure you that there'll be a SD3 remake with the same engine, and having a ton of SD3 characters / boss models being already done years ago in RoM also helps a bit.
At least there'll be SD5 after all these remakes...
>>
>>389233445
Any one of the three
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.