[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Half Life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: Half-Life_Cover_Art.jpg (225KB, 305x437px) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life_Cover_Art.jpg
225KB, 305x437px
I understand it was great for it's time but so far I don't know if I will even finish it the game takes 30 minutes to start it's gun play is bad all my deaths have been instakills head crabs around corners that you can't evade unless you know their there and movement feels bad if you run it's like a ice level and the walk is like playing as a quadriplegic turtle but the shotgun is ok
>>
bait
sage
>>
I love the game. But on more recent playthroughs its age is starting to show. It certainly hasnt aged as well as Quake or Doom have.
>>
>>389228895
nice bait
>>
>>389228895
>I understand
No you don't
>>
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
So wake up OP, wake up and smell your own faggotry
>>
>>389229007
>>389229163
The game isn't that good
>>389229184
What don't I understand?
>>
And pushing and pulling objects is finicky as fuck
>>
>>389228895
The real popularity behind HL1 was the modding community and the plethora of mods that came out of it, the biggest being Counterstrike and Team Fortress Classic, which are now their own games.

It was during that time that video games couldn't get better.
>>
Learn some punctuation, it'll make you look less like a drooling retard and your baits could be taken more seriously.
>>
>>389230212
I know I should learn to spell better but this is my opinion of the game not bait
>>
cool blog
>>
>>389230742
Thanks
>>
>>389229084
I never enjoyed doom. Probably the most overrated game.right next to dark soul
>>
All these kids playing the old hl games because of the recent hl3 fiasco.

Of course youre not gonna enjoy them ya dingus; you grew up with much better shit but likely most of it would have some derivative of halflife in it.
>>
>>389231273
At least you understand that games age and you aren't blinded by nostalgia like the other anons
>>
>it's a "it was probably great when it came out" episode

listen here you fucking faggot. yes the game was revolutionary at the time. of course games made fucking progress especially in the realms of user-friendliness over the last two decades. yes shit is gonna seem clunky if you have no point of reference. yes it can still be perfectly enjoyable if learn the rules of the game. no we don't need to hear about it. whoever you are writing your OP to already knows and likes HL and there is nothing to debate.

now go play a game you enjoy or stop creating these threads because you lack the attention span to play a 20 year old game.
>>
>>389231518
I play plenty of old games that I have no nostalgia for and I enjoy them.

So what if games age? They are still one of a kind and they have their own individual merits.
>>
>>389229084
>It certainly hasnt aged as well as Quake or Doom have.
It never had the proper source ports.
>>
>>389231961
I wasn't saying old games aren't good I beat F.E.A.R yesterday and it was good I was saying that half Life isn't the 10/10 masterpiece its been meme in too
>>
>>389232174
>old games
>F.E.A.R.
you jest
>>
>>389232246
>2005
I'm not very good at guessing when games where released I thought it was 2003/4
>>
>>389232415
I suppose I count as an oldfag now, being 25, but I always saw games from late 80's and now 90's as "old".
>>
>>389229084
It has aged a hell of a lot better than Half-Life 2.
>>
>>389232519
Right now the 90s is more of 'vintage' IMO.
>>
>>389232519
It's been 12 years it's kinda old
>>
>>389231273
I had bought the full series last Steam sale, before the hl3 leak, and barely 10 minutes ago finished playing hl1 for the first time.

I absolutely fucking loved it, way more than modern games if I gotta be honest. Love how simple it was in its way and its whole design was amazing. Can't wait to play the others and when I catch up understand everyone's suffering over hl3
>>
I still like making custom models and replacing the textures. Still a good game but hasn't aged that well. Quake however has aged even worse so I'll give it a past.
>>
>>389228895
>instakill headcrabs

They do 5 damage
>>
>>389233587
don't read laidlaw's letter for the next 10 years if you want a truly authentic experience of that suffering
>>
>>389233701
No I meant head crabs around corners and instakills like the fan or having to brake a vent above a death drop and missing the ladder
>>
>>389233893
you kinda need to savescum if you're on your first playthrough
>>
>>389233935
I haven't quick saved yet I've been using the checkpoints
>>
>>389234014
You should do like I did, save around every corner, sure it feels a bit cheap but I enjoyed it more that way
>>
>>389234014
quick save is your friend

it's also one of the biggest pitfalls of that generation of PC games because it was kind of easy to slip into the mindset of playing optimally, i.e. reloading all the fucking time if you think you can avoid damage and such. I do prefer well done checkpoints.

but that's not the case in HL1, it was absolutely designed with the quick save in mind so you'd better use it.
>>
>>389231840
>yes the game was revolutionary at the time
Name one thing Half-Life did that was new to the FPS genre.
>>
I just realized something

G-Man is, in fact, G. Man

The G stands for Gordon, and Man is his last name, because he is no longer Free
>>
>>389228895
never played half life 1's singleplayer but the multiplayer was a blast

half life 2 sucked ass, it launched shortly after halo and was worse in every single fucking way, I have never and will never understand people's fascination with the game.

only fun thing it did was gravity gun antics, otherwise the entire game was just an utter slog

I also played both quake and unreal tournament, those were good games even UT2k4 (iirc) with the vehicles was kind of passable.

Never played much of doom when I was a kid because it was scary. Duke noukem was fun as hell though, and replaying doom later in life I realized just how good it is.

so tl;dr I've liked basically every major FPS franchise except half life 2 and call of duty
>>
>>389234932
Deepest lore
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.