[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2 years old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 20

>2 years old
>>
>>389227054
too soon anon
>>
>>389227054
Still the biggest disappointment of this generation. In most every respect.
>>
https://youtu.be/cW7f9NOof6Q
>>
MGSV hurt so fucking much that I stopped playing video games for almost a year after. I had obsessively played video games nearly every single day since diapers and in all my 20 years of gaming I'd never had something hurt so much. I had to drag myself back in with casual shit like the Uncharted series and later BOTW
>>
File: FFXV.jpg (81KB, 496x618px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV.jpg
81KB, 496x618px
>>389227256
Nah.
>>
MAJOR
>>
File: Deadly Snakes.jpg (73KB, 400x519px) Image search: [Google]
Deadly Snakes.jpg
73KB, 400x519px
>>389227480
>FF15
>anywhere near that
>>
>Hyped for MGSV for years
>Turns out to be complete shit
>Todd hypes me for Fallout 4
>Turns out to be shit
>At least I still have Darker Souls 3
>Turns out to be massively disappointing
Almost killed myself desu
>>
>>389227586
>Todd hypes me for Fallout 4
During one of the very first few trailers you could see that you had a dialogue wheel, what the fuck was wrong with you, how could you be hyped for such shit, you deserve it
>>
>obsess over game from first announcement to release
>autistically post in every metal gear thread for almost 2 full years
>get all up in arms about shit like trap chico and headswap doctor
>play the game
>it's amazing for a hot minute
>realize it's all wrong
>everything's all wrong
>can't bear to play past the story introduction of Outer Heaven base infiltration multiplayer shit
>sell game despite having bought big ass limited edition with enormous guide and artbook
>year and a half later buy it on playstation store for $10 to face my demons
>still haven't gone back and finished it
>>
>>389227543
At least MGSV had solid mechanics and fluidity of control, Ground Zeroes showed the potential of the engine when the level design is much more focused and concise. On the contrary, XV is rotten to the core on a fundamental level.
>>
>>389227256
What was wrong with it?
I missed the hype train so I don't know what everyone else was hoping for, but I thought it was a pretty fun game.
>>
>>389227456
>nostalgiafags are this fucking pathetic
Christ. I don't know if I should laugh at you or be absolutely disgusted that you exist.
>>
Member when /v/ was hyped?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu-Qi7gMiiM
>>
>>389227697
The vidya to end all vidya, the very last game of a 20 year old acclaimed saga
And it wasn't THAT good
>>
>>389227654
I didn't like it when I saw it but I had a little confidence they could make it work. If it didn't end up being 3 different yes's and 1 no I wouldn't have had that big of an issue with it
>>
File: butt in the wind.gif (731KB, 636x342px) Image search: [Google]
butt in the wind.gif
731KB, 636x342px
>>389227756
STANDING
>>
File: swordLunge.png (68KB, 171x218px) Image search: [Google]
swordLunge.png
68KB, 171x218px
>>389227756
Kojima sure knows how to make a trailer.
>>
>>389227756
>mfw I was shitting up MGS threads telling everyone that the game would be exactly what it was -- shit
>>
>>389227756
Remember when you thought that this was just scratching the surface, that if the shit they put in the trailer looked this good that the other 20 hours of the story would be groundbreaking?

Yeah, I remember too.

You feel it too...don't you?
>>
>>389227256
In 2 days Destiny 2 will dethrone MGS V easily.
>>
>>389228023
>Actually being hyped for Destiny 2 after the garbage known as Destiny 1
Why?
>>
File: Skull-face-profile.png (1MB, 1100x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Skull-face-profile.png
1MB, 1100x1080px
What's your honest opinion on Skullface?
>>
>>389227665
Honestly, for some reason, I enjoyed FF 15

It wasn't what I was expecting but it did provide humor and interesting characters and villains. My only gripes were with how short it was, the beginning section, and wishing there were more lengthy dungeons.
Actually, now that I'm remembering, the musical score was fantastic except for the pit stops. Probably my number one favorite FF score.
>>
>>389228023
see
>>389228081
So yeah, why? If D2 is shit, then we'll all know where the shit took roots.
>>
File: 1342228426112.png (8KB, 190x159px) Image search: [Google]
1342228426112.png
8KB, 190x159px
>>389228010
>mfw all the shit we saw in trailers were all that actually was in the game
Sometimes I think about that game and it makes me angry
>>
>>389228123
Who?
>>
You feel it, right?
The phantom pain
>>
>>389228329
You mean
>WHO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
>>
>>389228258
It is one of the most hyped games in a long time. Normies love it. Look at /dg/ or the subreddit. Nothing but rabid sycophants who attack you for saying anything bad about it.
>>
File: 1469092574130.jpg (29KB, 238x357px) Image search: [Google]
1469092574130.jpg
29KB, 238x357px
>>389228409
Yeah yeah the pain of something that should be there but isn't is a meta metaphor for cut content, promises and some sense of resolution.
We feel it, Kojima.
>>
>>389227480
>he actually expected something good after 6 years of Lightning and Final Fantasy, starring: Lightning

what were you expecting anon?
>>
>>389228492
>Average consumers are idiots
Color me surprised
>>
File: Big Boss and Big Dogg.png (1MB, 652x981px) Image search: [Google]
Big Boss and Big Dogg.png
1MB, 652x981px
>>389227697
Game hyped TO THE WALL AND BACK about this being the final game to wrap up the saga and shows the corruption of Big Boss into what he became in the next game when he's a horrible villain seeking to create eternal war through causing endless cycles of revenge each generation. Instead not only does that never happen and your character is actually arguably the most blatantly moral hero in the history of the series but the big twist is you're not playing Big Boss at all but some no-name that got surgically altered to appear as Big Boss. For all the seeking of revenge in the writing, seeking revenge is never supported nor enabled by the story. To the contrary, the one man who was there to represent "seeking revenge" (Miller) was consistently pictured as angry and irrational and eventually comes to his senses.

This is also the prime years of Big Boss - his 'Saladin' years - and yet that is never shown and goes nowhere. It also adds in Big Boss' time with Liquid Snake without it being anywhere near how it is told to us elsewhere and is useless to the plot. Likewise this should be the height of the drama between Big Boss and Cypher (Major Zero) and yet Zero is hardly known at all and is removed randomly at the end to retcon how Zero was in MGS4.

The villain, hyped effectively in Ground Zeroes (which is fantastic), has is never an imposing figure at all and his plot was horrendously stupid. The big bad evil plan was to eradicate the English language through a virus that would kill you if you spoke it. The idea is that cypher's AI only works with English and it's revenge for the colonization of his homeland.

Quiet, and most everything else was a letdown.

In regards to gameplay, the worlds are empty and devoid of complexity like Ground Zeroes had. The controls are phenomenal but there was hardly anything to do. Base building promises were largely never kept. Missions were either okay or peacewalker-tier with few exceptions. MGO was shit.

Great imagery though.
>>
>>389228492
Those are also the same folks who thought Halo 4 and 5 were good Halo games. Gotta be able to call shit out for shit when it is what it is, yknow?
>>
>>389227697
A full game, a lot of things that got hyped up never get concluded or was half arsed.
It also showed the entire plot in trailers, and then even had the "entire african village burning with all the people in it" not happening. It also was making child soldiers a big thing...but papa snake just saves them and shelters them.

It was promising to be dark but in the end Ground Zeroes was far darker and that was basicaly a demo.
>>
>>389228023
>Destiny
>being anywhere near as promising or as hyped as a MGS game
>>
>>389228753
Is Ground Zeros worth playing?
>>
File: He is Saladin in my mind.jpg (36KB, 363x512px) Image search: [Google]
He is Saladin in my mind.jpg
36KB, 363x512px
>>389228753
And to add onto all that, the game's blatantly unfinished, with things not referenced back and one chapter cut and provided concept art for later.

>>389228883
Yes, but you must understand that you're basically picking up a 11/10 Virtuous Mission level with sidequests.
>>
Mods make it better such as Infinite Heaven.
>>
>>389228753
What did you think of MGS4? That game was honestly a bigger train wreck despite being finished, it overrode so much of the establishes canon for no other reason than for the game to exist in the first place.
>>
>>389228963
>Virtuous Mission

I don't know what that means.
I feel bad saying this, and its the reason I don't jump into the MGSV threads, but TPP was the first MG game I played. I will say I really enjoyed a lot of it, especially because I never saw all the stuff that it was hyped up for, so while it was fun, I definitely noticed that there were some things that were off as you progressed.

My friend put it to me best - "At about 80+ hours in, you'll realize why I love to hate this game."
>>
>>389229293
>but TPP was the first MG game I played.
Sounds like it's your only too, since you haven't even played Snake Eater.
>>
File: 1451365467512.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1451365467512.gif
3MB, 640x360px
Biggest example of trailer lies and manipulation to then do the old bait and switch on the actual game which surprisingly was nothing like the trailers and was fucking garbage. It was as bad as 2K and Aliens trailers and their lies but because it was Kojima he got away with it and Konami got the fan backlash.
>>
>IGN gave it 10/10 based off their limited timed review
>they didn't get to the ending like we did
>>
>>389229386
Also true, yes.
>>
>>389229487
It really was a ruse
Chapter 1 was god tier
Then you get to the mission menu after killing skullfuck
>>
>Some Anons died waiting for this game
>>
I'M NUCLEAAAAAAR! I'M WIIIIIIIIILD!
>>
>>389227480
a decade
A FUCKING DECADE
in the making, and this is what we got!?
Fuck you square!

If I had a time machine I'd go back to 2006 and tell 18yo me to just forget Final Fantasy and pretend it doesn't exist anymore.
>>
File: Big Boss1.jpg (47KB, 509x720px) Image search: [Google]
Big Boss1.jpg
47KB, 509x720px
>>389229072
>look it up
>Subsistence option available for all levels

Fucking amazing. I'd try it for that alone. Subsistence levels were the best of the game, next to Mother Base infiltrations.

It's a crime against video games that in a fucking MGS game you cannot play the vast majority of levels without coming with weapons so you'll need to procure on-site.

>>389229293
MGS3 began with a "prequel" mission that leads into the main story. It's dense but short and only one mission. That's Virtuous Mission. Ground Zeroes is also basically the same thing, but sold separately.

Ground Zeroes' story relies a lot on information from the previous game - MGS: Peacewalker - but you will still enjoy it. Peacewalker is a PSP game so it'd best to just read a summary of the plot if it is important to you.

>>389229081
It felt rushed in all its plot elements but was creative and content-rich enough to remain enjoyable. It's very obvious that Kojima wanted to get the plot over with and have fun making the game at the same time given the campy humor. Especially towards the end. Their most valuable writer was lost after MGS3 and it showed. They had no sense of pacing at all and the story would jump into stupid elements far too quickly and tried to fill in holes that were best left unfilled. It's no where near MGS1-3, Ghost Babel, or even Ac!d but it was worth playing and gave the fans what they wanted.

MGO2 was a horrendous, broken mess with a casual filter of the most ridiculous and unjustifiable download time ever. But it had a lot of creative and fun ideas along with good support for it to keep people coming back despite its bullshit.
>>
>>389228123
He was a cool dude who didnt afraid of anything
>>
File: motorcycleid.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
motorcycleid.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>389228123
Wasted potential.
>>
>>389227480

Did anyone expect it to be good? The writing was on the wall for years that it was going in an odd direction.

MGSV marketing was FUCKING HYPE and sold everyone on a kickass game that lived up to almost no expectation.
>>
>>389228275

In the entire fucking game there's probably a grand total of 3 cutscenes that weren't show in at least some capacity in the trailers prior to release.

It still stings.
>>
File: Let it go.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Let it go.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>it wasn't Chico with a bomb up his ass that blew up in Ground Zeroes
>Paz didn't come back more grown as a spy sidekick that dies pursuing Zero
>Quiet wasn't an uncontrollable victim of rape that you eventually bring home and clothe
>your best soldiers didn't unlock special titles based on MG1 and 2 bosses
>we never actually got to customize our bases thoroughly as we were told
>we never actually got to see Big Boss become a demon centered around creating a cycle of revenge to give war and thus purpose to soldiers
>you never adopted, trained, and killed child soldiers
>Miller never actually hated Africans and never made good judgements for the team
>Skullface never had a good plan
>we never pursued Zero in New York
>Big Boss never sacrificed his men for his goals but rather killed them for their sake
>Africa wasn't largely jungle
>Big Boss was never carrying out vicious attacks all for revenge
>the Man on Fire wasn't just Big Boss' past haunting him as exaggerated by Mantis
>>
>>389231461
Did a single interesting thing happen in the entire game? I'm oddly impressed at how boring it was, it's just a big blur to me. MGS4 had problems but I at least remember it.
>>
>>389228123
I thought Hot Coldman was a tough act to follow in terms of being an absolute fucking retard, but holy shit. Skull Face completely blew him out of the water and became the worst villain of the series. MAJOR, I'M BURNING UP!
>>
File: Cute Killer.jpg (53KB, 634x777px) Image search: [Google]
Cute Killer.jpg
53KB, 634x777px
>>389231619
Well there was the whole escape from the hospital... I have a soft spot for Paz so I guess Paz's side story...

...yeah, that's about it.
>>
>>389231461
>It wasn't Chico with a bomb up his ass that blew up in Ground Zeroes
>Paz didn't come back more grown as a spy sidekick that dies pursuing Zero
Honestly, the Phantom Paz side-quest should have been mandatory rather than optional, and Phantom Chico would have been amazing if we actually got to return to Camp Omega.
>we never actually got to see Big Boss become a demon centered around creating a cycle of revenge to give war and thus purpose to soldiers
Uh, anon...?
>Big Boss never sacrificed his men
Punished "Venom" Snake would like to have a word with you. Ocelot and Zero being the ones to do the brainwashing and come up with the plan don't detract from Big Boss going along with it with very little hesitation and willingly sacrificing a hospital full of innocent people. Zero made the gun and Ocelot loaded it, but Big Boss sure as shit pulled the trigger.
>>
>Decided to hop back on MGO3
>Search for any open lobbies
>No Matches found
There's literally zero people playing the online
>>
I though MGS was great, mg2 good, snake eater amazing, 4 shit, and Ive been forcing my way through peacewalker. Should I continue and play TPP after or say fuck it?
>>
File: 1442124612685.png (146KB, 360x524px) Image search: [Google]
1442124612685.png
146KB, 360x524px
>>389231461

>>Skullface never had a good plan.

Sure he did:
>1. Find wolbachia
>2. Make supermutants with wolbachia
>3. Make nuclear bomb diffuser with wolbachia
>4. Make a language eating wolbachia
>5. Build a metal gear, using an American, on a Soviet military base, during the afghan war as an ostensibly ex-cia/blackops operative
>6. Kill that dastardly Big Boss
>7. Destroy the english language across the entire world. Because 'foreign' invaders, who didn't speak english, took over his homeland.
>8. Build a metal gear that doesn't actually work without a telepathic slav child and use it to dominate fear as you...
>9. Sell nukes to the highest bidder, but you have the lockout key wolbachia special sauce.
>10. Instigate a global war where you're selling nukes, but only to non-english speakers because you killed all of those guys, not let anyone you don't want to use them use them, all while protecting your entire organization with a giant robot that doesn't work on it's own right, only one man knows how to build and fix, and can be destroyed by a determined one armed cyclops with a rocket launcher.

It's simple really.
>>
>>389232157
Read a summary. At least a summary that goes into Paz's arch as revealed by audio tapes as well. Then Ground Zeroes. Then The Phantom Pain.
>>
>>389232069
>Uh, anon...?

Yes? It literally never happens.

>Punished "Venom" Snake would like to have a word with you

This is true, but this is also nowhere near the scale of MG1 and 2. Especially when Venom is now the Canon MG1 final boss.
>>
>>389228123

Skullface represents the common bitch who feels slighted by the allies or the united states over the course of WW2 and the cold war. Very literally, for Kojima he's the devils advocate when it comes to the united states and its control or power over japan. Whether its legislation or cultural impact
>>
>>389232517
>It literally never happens
Except that it does happen, in Peace Walker nonetheless. MGSV just reinforces it. The Outer Heaven that Liquid Snake references and the schemes of Big Boss that he admits to in MG2 are all pretty much an exacerbation of what Big Boss himself talks about at the very end of Peace Walker. During his rant about the times and his speech about giving soldiers a home by cycling them in and out of wars by getting involved in conflicts they have no business in, either for prestige by way of faux-heroism or for money as a mercenary corporation, you already see his mindset set in motion. This is further reinforced by Ocelot's words at the end of TPP about the purpose of the true Outer Heaven, and Big Boss being a sympathetic villain is hammered home the second you know he's hiding weapons of mass destruction from the public eye and letting child soldiers like Chico "reclaim their honor" by joining his forces. The Big Boss of MGSV and the Big Boss of the MSX games are effectively one in the same, with the major difference being that Big Boss becomes nihilistic and far-gone enough that he echoes everything The Boss says about war and nationalism, and actually has the power and intentions to realize a chaotic world of never-ending war. Ironically, the SoP system in MGS4 pretty much realized his end-game after GW went down.
>>
File: frantisek vizner - untitled.jpg (2MB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
frantisek vizner - untitled.jpg
2MB, 3000x2250px
>>389227054
>tfw you got into the hype just based on the gameplay trailers with that comfy Konami commentary, bought the game and and a fucking blast with it, and even though the story isn't complete you still loved that game

I feel really sorry for the rest of you, not in a smug way at all, I just wish you could all have loved it as much as I have.
>>
>>389234189
>enjoying copy paste side op missions ad infinitum

no i'd rather not have your shit taste
>>
>>389234189
I feel really sorry for you, not in a smug way at all, I'm just really glad I don't have your shit taste
>>
File: 1442985334790.jpg (55KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1442985334790.jpg
55KB, 1024x576px
>>389234189
Kinda in the same boat.
I've been playing MGS since I was 13 (back in 1998 even).

I honestly think MGS V is the most misunderstood game since MGS2.
This time even plenty of gameplay mechanics are misunderstood. An example being the false claims that tranqing and fultoning everything on your path is the best way to build your base.
Story wise, yeah it was weaker than usual, but it does explore some themes in an insightful manner. Mostly "identity", "language" and "misinformation" we're themes that followed Venom throughout the story. Shame it clearly suffered from being cut short and odd design choices.

It's a flawed game but it did a lot of things really good at the same time.
I can understand most arguments the critics make but it are usually things I can look past. Things like everything about Quiet being low tier, but at least it's entirely optional.
>>
File: 1426823631433.png (245KB, 400x430px) Image search: [Google]
1426823631433.png
245KB, 400x430px
>>389227480
You were expecting it to be good?
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.