[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your favorite game of all time and tell us why you love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 16

Post your favorite game of all time and tell us why you love it.

Combination of both legitimate appreciation for it as a game, and strong nostalgia. Played it as a kid and loved it, and as I got older and learned more about games the more I appreciated it for being such a well made survival horror game. That combined with my childhood memories of playing it in the at my dad's house makes me extremely comfy when I play it.
>>
>>389224231
You posted it.
Phenomenal atmosphere presented through its pre rendered backgrounds and the developers being able to control exactly what's on the screen at all times combined with tons of replayability through the form of non linear map design, multiple campaigns and incentives to beat the game as fast as you can.

REmake is one of three 10/10s.
>>
File: slimevolleyball.png (6KB, 400x203px) Image search: [Google]
slimevolleyball.png
6KB, 400x203px
There used to be an online version of slime volleyball... those were better days. No one will play with me in person because I'm too good to be fun to play against. I love it all the same though.
>>
>>389224403
What are the others of your 3? Personally my personal 10/10s (games that are not perfect, but special to me) are REmake, MGS3, Majora's Mask, and possibly Bayonetta (still digesting & replaying this one).
>>
>>389224674
REmake, Super Metroid and Dark Souls (with Artorias of the Abyss DLC).
>>
File: logro_5.jpg (95KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
logro_5.jpg
95KB, 1920x1080px
>>389224814
When the Souls games were just Demon's and Dark I used to adore them, but for whatever reason I just don't get excited about them anymore. I think they're great, but the luster of them has faded for me I guess.
>>
File: dark-souls.jpg (502KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls.jpg
502KB, 1920x1080px
>>389224936
I didn't care for Dark Souls 2 or 3 that much but I really liked Bloodborne, unfortunately FROM backtracked in a couple areas like the non linear interconnected world design and the Estus system that didn't make it as good as Dark Souls for me. That being said I only consider Dark Souls a 10/10 with the DLC since the last fourth of the base game is quite clearly rushed and not exactly as quality as the rest of the game but with the DLC negates that for me. One of the best ever released in my opinion.
>>
File: Zelda OoT game cover.jpg (36KB, 640x438px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda OoT game cover.jpg
36KB, 640x438px
>>389224231
Nice choice! Truly a magnificent game, and a pinnacle of both RE-series AND the survival-horror genre, at its very finest. The totally un-patronizing tone of the game, with the requirement of thinking your actions, routes and equipment for each new venture, together with the two characters and their not always so clear "routes" you can explore, add a tons of replay value.

Now, my choice's prolly one of the most typical and plebeian ones one could imagine, but I don't care.
I was at least 10 when I got this gem. Had an opportunity to pick up a new game for N64 as an Xmas present, didn't find anything that would've caught my interest, but for some reason my mother picked this game from the shelf and suggested it, because of horse riding and some shit.

I had already played LoZ1 & 2, plus seen a handful of episodes of THAT Zelda cartoon years earlier, but I didn't realize OoT was part of the same series before much later. I recall reading through that thick, colorful manual on our way home, being amazed of the implications of vast, open world with tons of characters and who knows what else. And indeed, it did impress me in-game as well later on.

What I still recall with fond memories, and can still somewhat experience in lesser effect, is the constant shift in the atmosphere. The start's like out of some Peter Pan stories, as the Kokiris could just as well be the Lost Boys in Neverland. Then you step out of the woods, and it's suddenly a wide open world, like something out of a painting (no, I kid you not). Stepping into the Hyrule Market, after spending a night fighting against skeletons outside the gates, was refreshing, exciting, even overwhelming with its cheery medieval-like carnival mood. Skip forward to adult timeline, and suddenly you're playing a Resident Evil-lite, combined with melancholy resulted by familiar places being turned into something more miserable... magical.

Music was top-notch. Took me ~2 months to finish the story.
>>
File: 1484556607449.jpg (548KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484556607449.jpg
548KB, 1920x1080px
>>389225274
OP here, I still remember getting my copy of OOT. I was really young, but I asked the cashier at target if they had Zelda, since I'd rented smash bros from blockbuster and thought link was bad ass. They asked me if I wanted the "new" one or the "old one" (OOT and MM), and I got OOT because I didn't want to miss out by playing a sequel. Eventually I got MM and it became my favorite, but at the time OOT blew my mind and was the only reason I ever turned on my 64 at that point forward.
>>
File: niers-replicant-gestalt-diff[1].jpg (39KB, 610x300px) Image search: [Google]
niers-replicant-gestalt-diff[1].jpg
39KB, 610x300px
>>389224231
I honestly thought about this for 20 minutes and the only 2 that I could think of were MGS3 and Nier Gestalt.
I played Nier a year ago and it's still fresh, I think the stories a fantastic tale of a father, the musics still stuck in my head, I still care somewhat about Emil and Kaine, and I thought the whole "hear what the shade bosses are saying on your second playthrough" was amazing. I honestly don't know why, but it's just stuck. I wish Automata could have hit the same beats.
>>
>>389224231
>>389225241
All of my favorite games are ones that give the player a world to explore and usually don't bother them by taking away their control or artificially gating them from new areas. REmake and Dark Souls are stand out games in this regard, though neither is perfect; RE with its keys/crests and Dark Souls with the areas locked by the Lordvessel. Metroid Prime is another good one.
>>
>TFW no one wants to talk about their favorite game
>>
>>389224231
Shameful to admit but i'm only just getting around to playing this, just delivered the serum so not far in at all. Had it 'free' with psplus some time ago but completely forgot about it. The visuals and sound design are amazing so far. Looking forward to getting some hours in today.

I'm 30 and resi 1 was the first game i bought and played on ps1. I would consider resi 2/3/4 some of my favorite games growing up.

How are the REV games? i heard bad things.
>>
File: tifa.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
tifa.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>389227550
I still need to finish them myself, but REV1 didn't impress. It's like, Diet classic RE, which doesn't tell you much but it's the best way I can explain my feelings. They didn't go too far in the horror direction, but it's not RE6 actiony.
>>
If you can actually decide on a single game you love the most over all of the rest, you haven't played enough games honestly.

Top 3 is pushing it, Top 5 is doable.

Top 1 is insulting.
>>
The presentation.
It has a sorrowful tone that matches watching old footage of the Yugoslav Wars for Independence.
>>
>>389227740
Raid mode looks pretty interesting.
>>
File: file_5262_OkamiHD_Hero.jpg (292KB, 1066x465px) Image search: [Google]
file_5262_OkamiHD_Hero.jpg
292KB, 1066x465px
I can't think of another game that has such love in it. It manages to blend the styling of classical Japanese art, music, and mythology, and create a wonderful game that I don't think can ever be emulated. There is so much love in this game that it hurts.
>>
>>389228636
The opening was so slow that it hurt me from continuing playing the game.
>>
>>389228910
Yeah, the opening is stupid slow. But I can promise you that once you get past it, it's an amazing game. You'll feel shit, man.
>>
File: IMG_0770.png (481KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0770.png
481KB, 512x512px
Because soloing glitterhelm on Hard with a huntress combined with the incredible soundtrack,

It stole my heart, anon.
>>
File: maxresdefault(4).jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(4).jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>389224231
The combat, presentation, themes, boss fights, level design, atmosphere and music all come together in such a phenomenal way that I can't help feel that after BB, video games won't ever be same way ever again for me.
>>
File: OrphanofKos.jpg (195KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OrphanofKos.jpg
195KB, 1920x1080px
Bloodborne.
The story hits just the right spots for me. The combat is fast paced and fun. The NPC and their voice acting it spot on and believable. The Level design is 10/10.
The bosses are really good too.
>>
File: GTA_San_Andreas_Box_Art.jpg (342KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
GTA_San_Andreas_Box_Art.jpg
342KB, 640x800px
I had to think about this for quite a bit because there is a bunch of games I consider 10/10s (MGS3, DMC1, Silent Hill 1 and 2, God Hand), and a couple more 10s that I have strong feelings for (Baldur's Gate 2, Deadly Premonition, Starcraft), but honestly it's gotta be this.

I maintained for the longest time that I probably prefer VC over SA, but while VC keeps aging, SA still feels like an evergreen.

I was 13 when I first played it and I spent one whole summer with my best friend taking turns and playing through the game, roaming through the open world, finding cool shit and trying out stupid acrobatics.

Since then, I replayed it multiple times (last time a year ago) and it's still just as good. I especially like the comfiness of the countryside and the rain of San Fierro, not to mention driving through all of it with Radio X on, or K-DST, or K ROSE.

I don't even care about the story all that much, or CJ, or the open world genre in general, actually. But GTA SA just has the most perfect playground that a video game has ever achieved in my opinion, whether it's scripted missions or batshit situations in wild terrains, all in a super romantic americana. And it fucking doesn't age, man.
>>
>>389233217
>God Hand
>10/10
My nigga. Sand Andreas is a solid choice too, I remember playing that a ton back in the day.
>>
File: trilogy2-nes-12.png (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
trilogy2-nes-12.png
4KB, 256x224px
At first, an enthralling action game

second glance, unfair as shit, but compels you forward

final assessment, masterfully crafted with stages and enemy placement designed to question your skill and persistence.

soundtrack isn't bad either.

admittedly, NG1 is more solid overall
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.