[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The original Nier is better, this game is a 7/10 at best. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

File: Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg (65KB, 357x399px) Image search: [Google]
Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg
65KB, 357x399px
The original Nier is better, this game is a 7/10 at best. What a letdown of a sequel
>>
>>389222505
Agreed. How can the characters be such a step down?
>>
>expecting sequels to also be 10/10
>>
It still has the best waifus and you know it.
>>
>>389222741
Terrible voice acting in comparison to the first one didn't help, 9S was the only good one.
>>
>>389222802
I expected a 8-9/10 not 6/10 most of the time
>>
File: lmao.png (521KB, 800x699px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
521KB, 800x699px
>>389222934
>shitty monotone man and le ebic sassy british man is good
>>
>>389222505
>nier autoundertale
>>
>>389222505
That's been happening a lot lately. Persona 5, Mass Effect Andromeda which still amazes me that they could make it worse than 3, Resident Evil 7, Destiny 2. It's been a really bad year for sequels barring a few
>>
NieR had the better atmosphere+story
Auto has more engaging gameplay
NieR has better music honestly and characters

Both are good so who cares
>>
>>389222505
You're a loser and a virgin.
>>
Was original Nier actually that good? I've been absolutely enthralled with Automata so far. If Nier was even better, I gotta go back and try it out.
>>
>>389223250
>NieR has better music
Really?
If I liked Automata would I like the first one?
>>
>>389223250
>Auto has more engaging gameplay
I can't imagine how fucking boring the first Nier must be to play if it's less engaging than the dull gameplay in Automata.
>>
>>389223336
It's mostly hipsters angry that Automata is popular. They're both great and one of a kind.
>>
>>389223390
Honestly the boss fights in the original Nier are better, some of them get pretty crazy with platforming sections and bullet hell segments but the game itself is incredibly janky and struggles to stay at 30 FPS.
>>
I didn't play OG nier but Automata was such a slog jesus
>>
>>389223336
The characters and story are generally considered better, the gameplay not so much.

They are pretty similar games though, you'll probably like it.
>>
>>389223390
The combat in the original nier is pretty mediocre until you unlock the spear, which makes the combat a good three points better.
As the other anon said though, all of the boss fights are great though, other than maybe Hansel and Gretel.
>>
>>389223604
>the gameplay not so much.
But anon, Nier has way better fishing
>>
>>389224180
Weiss > Pods as well.
>>
automata is better overall but gestalt/replicant has its moments that outshine automata simply because it was simpler to understand.
>>
Played Nier before Automata came out. They're both fantastic but I feel like the music carried the first one hard.

The reason why people suck OG NieR is the music. If it weren't for such a great OST,
it wouldn't have been considered "good".
DoD 1 is superior to NieR, by the way.
>>
>>389222505
Why were the bosses so bad?
Why is the world so empty and ugly?
Why are the characters so flat and annoying?
Why is the gameplay so repetitive and shallow?
Why does /v/ suck off this game so much?
>>
>>389222505
Original Nier has the better setting but Automata actually fleshes out their characters. Nier is more of a compilation of concepts instead of a cohesive and profound experience. Has the better OST though.
>>
>>389223382
>This nigga

NieR arguably has the best score out of all video games, where have you been the last couple years?
>>
>>389224463
Waifus
>>
>>389224535
>but Automata actually fleshes out their characters.
Not A2 it fucking doesn't. I'm not sure if I'd say 2B was fleshed out either.
>>
>>389224535
>Automata fleshes out characters
A2 begs to differ
>>
>>389222505
Do I have to play Nier to appreciate this game or something? At route C and really not feeling it. It's such a chore to go through
>>
>>389224934
It's mostly a 7/10 game through and through and then the true ending either makes it an 11/10 for you or does nothing and make you feel like you wasted your time. If the latter then I pity you.
>>
File: dat.webm (3MB, 398x580px) Image search: [Google]
dat.webm
3MB, 398x580px
>>389222505
guess how I know you're gay
>>
>>389224535
>Automata actually fleshes out their characters
Hahahaha
>>
I had fun with this game and there's nothing you can do to stop it :^)
>>
>>389225015
Only the waifus are good basically
>>
>>389222505
Nier had very shit gameplay, I'd say their overall quality is on the same level.
>>
>original Nier was bettr LOL EBIN STORY MUH FEELS
>it's a /v/ chooses m-muh story and characters over gameplay episode
What a surprise. This board is full of Sony niggers
>>
>>389227165
You've spent too long on /v/, anon. Go outside.
>>
The gameplay is an hybrid between an action rpg and platinum cuhrazy action, which results in a weird interface between both, that fails to appeal to most of the fans of the original nier and platinum fans. Personally, I liked the game and enjoyed the gameplay, but the combat system isnt very deep, but wouldnt call it bad. I'd give it an 8 overall.
>>
>>389227368
The lack of any good enemies or bosses really hurts the game.
>>
>>389227165
People who prefer the original story are brainlets who couldn't understand Automata's story anyway. I know a friend with the same opinion and he admitted that he couldn't follow anything that happened in The Tower.
>>
>>389227165
The gameplay is shit in both
>>
>>389227442
yeah but with that effort and budget, i think they did a good job
>>
>Nier had great bosses with awesome over the top finishers
>Automata is made by Platinum 'hype bosses' Games
>only get like three good bosses

what the fuck man?
>>
>>389228106
A combat-oriented game with no good enemies isn't what I'd call a good job.
>>
>>389222934
>Playing with dubs
Found your problem
>>
>>389228384
i haven't played the coliseum yet but you may find what you're looking for there.

is a story dlc still possible in the future? i can't start a new game yet because it feels like it defeats the purpose of ending E
>>
>>389224379
I have to disagree. I was playing with people around and because of Kaine I had to turn down the volume most of the time. I actually didn't even know Nier had a reportedly great ost. I still love it
>>
>7/10 at best

the original neir is a 5/10 because the gameplay is so ass
>>
This thread is a nice reminder that Nier was viewed as a highly niche and flawed experience for a long time and only became this amazing game when the contrarian revisionist faggots decided they needed to beatify something that had previously always come with a warning that it wasn't everyone's cup of tea.
>>
>Weiss skin for the pod doesn't change its voice
Wasted fucking opportunity. I liked toobee and nines but they weren't even remotely as likeable as the cast of the first game.
>>
>>389227964
>he couldn't follow anything that happened in The Tower
Did he try to follow? There isn't that much to understand. The story isn't all that interesting by itself and at the end it kind of breaks down.
You just learn that it was all deceptions and that there was meaninglessness where the characters thought there was meaning. There's A LOT of details lacking on what N2 was up to. You can imagine it but still. And it's not clear how much Yohra (or the powers behind them assuming it's not all straight up N2) was in on the whole thing. They were doing something similar themselves. Really it just ends with N2 going "I'm pretty much a God BTW and I make everything happen and I like war because it sorts of make us evolve and we've gotta do something anyway.". The "plot" isn't the best part of the game for sure.
But it recontextualizes the characters (again, the game keeps doing that). It's supposed to make you think about their condition and understand their experience, and what really matters in it, and make you share their feelings.
The game isn't subtle about its existentialist themes. It sorts of warns you. It's being like "yeah, this is what this is going to be all about, you better get into that".
And it's more about emotions than reason in the end. The plot just disintegrates at the end. But the characters keep being developed and getting more intense. And it's pretty damn good at making you feel the emotions. This isn't the first time an existential story like that with robots was made, but it was really, really well done and the music made it awesome.
>>
>>389230552
>I'm going to destroy the moon
>nvm
>>
>>389230629
>I'm going to destroy your purpose for existing and all your hopes for the future so I can fulfill the purpose I was created for by creators who I killed a few centuries before because they didn't understand me due to being incapable of feeling
Then I'll be all you'll have left in the world, so you'll love me then, right?
No? But why?

Who was the more human of the two; Adam or Eve?
>>
>>389231170
Eve because he's cuter and also kind of gay.
>>
>>389231408
>and also kind of gay
They probably both are, gay techno dance club music plays while you fight them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5Figo-QTW0
>>
>>389231408
I thought he was more human because he was both lazy and vain (he wanted a male name). While Adam worshiped humans, he went about it in a very mechanical way and took things literally (fruit of wisdom).
>>
Its a trash game only liked by degenerate weeb waifufags
>>
>>389231170
>Who was the more human of the two; Adam or Eve?
Eve, by far. The first thing he felt after being born is a fear for his brother and even though he never matched his intellect, he compensated it with far greater emotional capacity.

Adam probably caught up to him in ending D, however.
>>
File: 1500394985840.jpg (136KB, 736x922px) Image search: [Google]
1500394985840.jpg
136KB, 736x922px
N2 is the cutest
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.