[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i find this pretty not comfortable anyone else have problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 4932000_rd.jpg (37KB, 637x550px) Image search: [Google]
4932000_rd.jpg
37KB, 637x550px
i find this pretty not comfortable

anyone else have problems with this meme machine?
>>
The view is comfortable, I've tried the rift and it isn't
>>
File: 3634643623525425265347656.jpg (5KB, 308x164px) Image search: [Google]
3634643623525425265347656.jpg
5KB, 308x164px
>>389222584
>The view

you mean the "vive"
>>
>>389222584
The vive is really heavy and always made my face super hot and itchy. The rift is a lot more comfortable and ergonomic but the tracking sucks ass.
>>
>>389225212
Haven't tried the Rift, the vive on the other hand feels comfortable to me with a cloth VRcover for the face and the rigid audio strap.
Haven't had any issues with heat and itching with that setup.
I do not find the stock face foam comfortable.

The weight does get to me after playing for an hour or two especially if spending a lot of time leaning your neck to peak or looking down.
>>
My rift has been very comfy
>>
>>389226680
The touch controllers are what sold me on the rift. They just fit better in the hand and feel more realistic in-game.

What games you play?
>>
Rift is p comfy, could see it even better if I invested in a new face plate
>>
>>389227845
I agree the touch controllers look miles better than the Vive wands. I loath the tactile grip buttons very hit and miss, easy to misclick.
I do like the way the valve knuckles prototype is shaping up better than the touch controllers though.
Prefer touchpad over analog thumbsticks after trying them on the wands.

>What games you play?
Mostly H3VR once in a blue moon, but recently got into VTOLVR and I love it.
Works surprisingly well exceeded my expectations, funnily enough I was asking other anons how effective they think using motion controllers as a joystick would be.
It is not bad if you rest the wand on a surface like your chair's arm wrests, the virtual stick and chair are configurable anyway.

Messing around researching bipedal locomotion, I want to try my hand at making a simple mech sim in VR as a hobby project with onboard instrumentation using nothing but the motion controllers similar to VTOLVR.
Don't know how far I can go with it, if I fail to deliver at the very least I get to learn a little more about robotics and unreal engine in the process.
Got nothing better to do
>>
My oculus is pretty comfy, I don't get eye strain from it and the straps fit my head well
>>
>>389225212
>The vive is really heavy and always made my face super hot and itchy

pretty much this and they want you to pay for a $100 strap that should have came with it in the first place. The material on the headset is not breathable.

Sony and Microsoft+HP made the best comfortable headset but that's the only pros about it.
>>
>>389229041
SONY has been in the HMD buisness for quite some time, I am not surprised they managed to nail ergonomics.
What I am surprised about is that HTC didn't take any notes, they failed to even learn from Nintendo's mistake with the wrist straps, I had to replace them immediately with Wii straps. Don't know if they fixed them by now.

You can tell they were trying to rush their HMD out the door before Oculus. They did have the advantage of having a front facing cam and better tracking system with motion controllers out of the box.
The stock elastic head mount was god awful though.
The new rigid deluxe audio strap is not bad, adds a bit to the overall weight however it is a big step forward in comfort/setup time from the stock strap+earbuds. They should release current vive HMDs with it by default if they haven't already.
They did think a little ahead by making the HMD reasonably modular so you can change the headmount and padding material at least. The motion controllers can be swapped with a better third party version using the same tracking system.

But at present the rift is already miles cheaper whilst delivering a similar experience without the need to purchase any accessories with the exception of a third tracking camera + USB3.0 extension cable(s) to improve roomscale.
I don't hate the Vive, cost aside my experience with it has been pretty smooth overall.
>>
>>389222043
This gen is the most comfortable you can get. Vive and PSVR are heavier than this shit. Just wait for the next gen if it ever happens.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.