[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you still mad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: xUq9t.png (309KB, 573x344px) Image search: [Google]
xUq9t.png
309KB, 573x344px
Are you still mad?
>>
Well at least it had the best gameplay.
That's something. I guess.
>>
>>389211883
I will never not be mad about Mass Effect 3. The problems wasn't just with the ending. The entire game was filled with problems, Kai Leng, Cerberus being fucking retarded, the Reapers lost all everything Lovecraftian about them and more. The whole game was a fucking shitshow.
>>
No. Mass Effect games were never particularly good so a mediocre ending was expected.
>>
As long as you're still mad I'm still winning.
>>
>>389212574
This. Also they completely ruined the Geth. Only good moment in the story was sabotaging the Genophage cure and even then that was full of retconned bullshit
>>
>>389211883
I just walked forward and fell into the synthesis ending, I had no idea the choice the kid was talking about was me walking up to something and a cutscene automatically playing
>>
>>389212810
>sabotaging the Genophage cure
Why would you do that?
>>
No it came out 5 years ago.
>>
>>389211883
it was and still is fun to play but yeah I'm still pretty pissed. I usually quit playing during the cerberus assault mission near the end with Edi
>>
File: 1494113369777.jpg (50KB, 1000x518px) Image search: [Google]
1494113369777.jpg
50KB, 1000x518px
yea its shit ,i mean when fucking stalker has way more meaningful and interesting endings then your game you need to start wondering .

wasnt even an ending IIRC , just some ayylmao in the form of the kid u saw get fragged rambling about some incoherent shit unrelated to the story and then an explosion of the color you choose .

mods made by a single person in a month have had better endings narrative=wise it feels like they didnt even try the bare minimum.
>>
>>389213015
I'd rather not have a planet full of 12415312351235 shitzillion niggers hell-bent on taking revenge on the rest of the galaxy, thanks.
>>
>>389213885
But once they learned that they weren't actually cured would the Krogan not be hell bent on taking revenge on the galaxy even more?
>>
the only thing that makes me mad is that they didn't admit indoc theory was correct

it literally made more sense than anything they gave us, including most specifically the "Oily shadows" shit that basically convinced me it was real.
>>
>>389214504
They might, but if the genophage hadn't been cured then every loss is essentially irreplaceable. They have no winning moves at that point - suing for peace means they die off slowly but surely, and going to war means they die much faster. The outcome of said war is irrelevant either way since they'll still be unable to breed, but will have suffered huge losses anyway.
>>
fuck you I liked it
>>
>>389216072
Hmm you make a good point. But this is assuming they would go to war after being cured. With someone like Wrex in charge would they even try war against the galaxy? Especially after a Reaper War where everyone is basically fucked for a long time including Krogans.
>>
>>389211883
It saved me buying Andromeda.
>>
>>389215807
Bioware had a way to quell the controversy with that theory but their egos were too big to take it and give the fans a well written ending. Fuck me I'm still angry about it.
>>
>>389211883
I'm more mad at the fact that they pussied out of continuing the story in the same galaxy and instead gave us the safest shit they could ever pull with making the next game in another Galaxy with some literal whos no one gives a shit about and all of that being built upon a broken game
>>
>>389211883
Honestly, I'm not even mad, but that game did kill off anything I felt for the series. Those that hate do so because they can see the untapped potential that was thrown by the wayside, just look at those fags making posts like >>389212574 and >>389215807

It used to be my series, I had at least 6 different Shepards ready to go, I was hyped as fuck when they announced 3. And being fair 3 did have some great moments, like Samara choosing to kill herself rather than follow her Not-Paladin code to kill her last daughter, but I can't feel for it anymore. It surprised my friends in real life when my answer to Andromeda being announced was not even seeing the trailer since I was the big ME fan amongst them.

Not anymore, I don't hate, I don't love. I just don't.
>>
I knew about RGB beforehand, and made sure to wait for the obligatory apology DLC before starting ME3 during launch, but this pissed me off more than anything the series threw at me during all three playthroughs
>expect something good with Tali, since my last playthrough was palling-around with a horny Jack during Citadel
>NOW YOU AT HOME CAN SING ALONG WITH YOUR FAVORITE DISNEY SONGS
>inb4 Talifag
>>
File: cancer.jpg (514KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
514KB, 1920x1200px
>>389221128
I've been meaning to make a giant thread about all the bullshit in Citadel, there's too much shit, and the sheer volume they crammed into it is staggering, which sucks, because they absolutely nailed the atmosphere and level design
>>
>>389212212

Vanguards truly became biotic gods
>>
>>389218882
>>389215807
shepard being indoctrinated is not a well written ending
its like the samurai jack ending it literally just erases everything that happened and thus making the entire series literally pointless
>>
>>389215807
>yeah, you guys are right, our ending was shitty
>so uh, it was all a dream, the whole game didn't matter, and your side lost
>>
I was fortunate and did not finish ME3 until a few months after they added in the new ending, so it did not sting as much for me.

Still though, choosing one of three options and not letting your choices have much of a impact was a big fuck you and just laziness all around. I hate this new trend in gaming that allows you to choose the ending you want instead of earning it.
>>
>>389212619
I really found the universe and story of the first one engaging, I think it could have been one of the all time greats if it wasn't fucking bioware jankyshit
>>
>>389211883

I really don't understand this decision. Even Jade's Empire had ending slides with how shit played out. That is it's biggest sin to me. There is no closure to the main cast. Shepard is "dead", everyone else is on a planet and here are some generic slides about nothing.
>>
>>389213015
because after the games worth of being big fucking heroes it had all got to Shepard, and worn her down to a shell of the soldier she once was, and after seeing earth being decimated she was hardened her to the point that old alliances didn't matter any more, all that mattered was saving the lives of the people back home
>>
>>389221212
Please that make thread. Almost everyone loves Citadel and I barely see anyone offer a different opinion on it.
>>
Well, you could always pick ending D and let the next group beat them without some deus ex machina machine.
>>
>>389222579
That ending honestly pisses me off the most because we could've had an amazing cutscene of all the characters having a last stand before finally falling under the might of the Reapers.
>>
>>389222229
Fucking Dragon Age Origins actually gave closure to your choices in a somewhat decent way. Why couldn't they do that for Mass Effect 3?
>>
File: MassEffectTree.jpg (100KB, 800x418px) Image search: [Google]
MassEffectTree.jpg
100KB, 800x418px
>>
>>389211883
I played through and replayed every ME twice one for renegade, one for paragon to try and cover all the bases decision wise. I even made a save in 2 where I fucked shit up intentionally to see how ME3 would handle it.

After that ending I took the game out put it in its case and never looked back.

Yes. I still mad.
>>
>>389211883
Fuck yeah I am. If Bioware could own up to their mistakes and rewrite it, all would be well. The ending ruined the entire god damn universe.
>>389212212
Andromeda has the best gameplay.
But regardless, it's all ruined. It's all fucked. If only Bioware would unfuck it. Andromeda sidestepped it - but it didn't fix it.
>>
>>389211883

Yeah, I'll always be salty about that. I've never been so disappointed by any work or fiction, movie, television or game.

I loved Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. I was all over the Bioware forums before ME1 through ME2 and up to ME3's release.

Now, I can't even bring myself to play the old games anymore because the story was butchered. They could have at least made a chicken shit happy ending for the series. That would have at least left it somewhere to go. But instead we got an ending that ignored your prior choices, fucked you in one of three ways and left the series in a place where there's nowhere left to move forward.

Utter garbage and the fact that Casey crapped it out at the last minute without the contribution of most of the writing staff just makes me saltier.

Imagine what could have been if they'd just kept Drew Karpashyn on staff and left Casey to write the little missions that he was good at.
>>
>>389211883
forever will be. replayed the game just to remind me how awful the story and plot was.
>>
>>389213885
to be fair, it wont be a galexy left if the reapers wins. you could just sterilize them later.
>>
>>389221128
>>389221212
only good part about the citadel dlc was the final boss.

the rest felt like a garry`s mod parody on steriods.
>>
>>389221392
except it all still did happen up until the very end where everything gets very esoteric

isn't when the reaper knocks you unconscious running the to citadel portal the most common point where indoctrination theories think everything starts happening in your mind
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.