[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing this for the first time. Really cute and atmospheric

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: winduwaka.jpg (9KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
winduwaka.jpg
9KB, 188x268px
Playing this for the first time. Really cute and atmospheric so far. Wish I'd played it earlier in the summer because it gives me a really summery feeling
>>
Enjoy what is inarguably the worst 3D Zelda and a strong contender for worst Zelda overall.
>>
>>389208875
I dunno, I'm diggin it
>>
>>389208538
cube or u?
>>
>>389209454
It's cool until a fetch quest.
>>
File: 1503872346632.png (64KB, 172x182px) Image search: [Google]
1503872346632.png
64KB, 172x182px
>>389208875
(you)
>>
>>389210201
GameCube
>>
>>389208538
I enjoyed it a lot, have fun.

Then again literally every Zelda is great except CDI and Skyward Sword
>>
It's been years since I've played Wind Waker. I remember having a lot of fun sailing around and exploring the different islands.
>>
>>389208538
>Wish I'd played it earlier in the summer because it gives me a really summery feeling

Funny, your opinion also gives me a summer opinion.
>>
>>389208538
The only disappointing things are the fight dungeon and the lack of dungeons, if you don't complete it, it'll be over before you know it.
>>
>>389210572
Kekked
>>
>>389210321

Triforce shards only take long if you don't know what the fuck you're doing or just aren't paying attention
>>
>>389208875
>inarguably the worst 3d Zelda

Sorted by metacritic scores

99 Ocarina of Time
97 Breath of the Wild
96 Wind Waker
95 Majoras Mask
95 Twilight Princess
93 Skyward Sword

They are all good games Brent
>>
I suggest you don't pickup boss heart containers. It'll give you a it more challenge overall.
>>
>>389210879

Anti-Wind Waker posting is kicking back up again lately. It's the same three or four fags every thread.
>>
File: 1449714580284.jpg (98KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1449714580284.jpg
98KB, 808x805px
>>389210879
DELETE THIS
>>
>>389210879
>WW over MM

I can see the argument for all the placements, except this one. and yes I know it's a one-point difference
>>
cemu or dolphin

which is better to play this
>>
>>389211320
if you like lens flare get CEMU version
>>
>>389211320
The best option would be to not play it.
>>
>>389210389
(you)
>>
>>389208875
>"Hey guys, I'm playing this. Enjoying it, and wishing I hadn't put it off until now"
>"*defacates self* I FUCKING HATED IT!"
fpwp
>>
File: Map of Hyrule.jpg (469KB, 953x672px) Image search: [Google]
Map of Hyrule.jpg
469KB, 953x672px
>>389211320

If you want an overall smoother gameplay experience and more difficulty, play the remake.

When it comes to graphics, if you like brighter colors, play the remake. If you don't like the remake occasionally switching from cel-shading to soft shading, play the original.

Both are great experiences if you enjoy Zelda games. It's not everyone's cup of tea but anywhere outside of 4chan, people generally enjoy all of the 3D Zelda games to some degree if they're already a fan of the series.

And once you're done, play ALttP and marathon the series
>>
>>389208875
This "Wind Waker is bad!" meme needs to die already.
The one thing the game is inarguably terrible at is difficulty, since you cannot possibly die unless you purposely try to or are a literal toddler.
>>
>>389211835
Wii u WW is locked at 30 FPS

play the game cube version
>>
>>389210879
>that Skyward sword score
jesus christ nintendo really sunk a ton into paying off reviewers that year
>>
>>389211314
They really fucked up the 3DS version by not making the staircase rainbow colors in the astral observatory.

To me, that's sucks.
>>
>>389211314

MM is less polished in all areas than most other zelda games, definitely less than WW was.

it was also really limited by the hardware of the N64. it coud've been a much better game if it wasn't developed for one of the worst consoles of all time.
>>
>>389212220
>less polished than WW
>the game with a cut dungeon and an entire missing half and an ocean of very little
>polish
WW is a good game but goddamn if I ever want to replay it again
>>
>>389212220
Majora's Mask wasn't on the Wii U.
>>
>play this game
>remember the shard fetch quests
fuck

>play Metroid Prime 2
>remember the temple key fetch quests
fuck
>>
>>389212034

>The one thing the game is inarguably terrible at is difficulty, since you cannot possibly die unless you purposely try to or are a literal toddler.

To be fair, none of the games aside from Adventure of Link pose much of a challenge to anyone who's played more than two Zelda games. Thankfully we have Hero Mode now. I'd replay BotW in Master Mode right now if I didn't just do most of the game with three hearts and if it didn't have a fucking obscene amount of bullshit to collect. Fuck getting all those Koroks more than once

The 2D games aren't that difficult either. Zelda 1 isn't even that difficult on the second quest aside from a couple weird dungeon locations. The blue ring turns Link into a goddamn tank. If you're good at a money making game and just grab a potion and buy a few keys, you'll storm through levels 1-8 like Superman.

>>389212206

That's the only flaw with the remake. Most of the areas look nicer, the Astral Observatory is the only place to look worse.

The eyeball thing with the bosses is retarded, but MM had some of the worst bosses in the series' history to begin with.
>>
File: ahh.jpg (165KB, 659x499px) Image search: [Google]
ahh.jpg
165KB, 659x499px
>>389212335
>Sky Temple Keys are almost all gated behind the last item you get
>>
>>389210772
They don't take too long but hunting them isn't fun.
>>
>>389212486
I still don't understand why difficulty is still posed as a flaw for these games when it's not the focus of them all. I don't see Zelda benefitting from Ninja Gaiden Black combat personally when the emphasis is usually on exploration.
>>
>>389212514
Yeah, that was a horrible choice. The artifacts in MP1 can mostly be acquired as you play through the game normally. The sky temple keys not so much.
>>
>>389212648
You can actually get every Artifact in MP1 before the Phazon Suit provided you know where they are, my biggest question is why they decided to do ANOTHER fetch quest for 2 as if that was the highlight of the first game.
>>
>>389212648
>>389212724
>>389212514
i think the MP2 fetch is much worse than the Wind Waker one for sure

total fucking nightmare. i recently tried to do a replay of MP2 for the first time since i played MP2 way back when. got to the key quest... just decided to pack it in. not fun. no idea how i even did it back in the day
>>
>>389212629

It's a /v/ thing. People on this site praise difficulty because they think it makes them look hardcore.

Every fucking time I've seen someone from this site stream a video game, they're terrible at it. Knowing the way /v/ usually is I'm not surprised that most posters here are full of shit.

Now I'm sure not every Zelda fan on /v/ is a casual, but a good deal of them have an easy time with Zelda games because they've played several Zelda games.

When BotW leaked early, every single person streaming it was getting utterly destroyed by early game enemies and failing to understand the simplest puzzles. The same shit happened with people streaming Skyward Sword.
>>
It's ok, but there's too much water.
>>
>>389212918
Agreed, I honestly really never understood how people could prefer Prime 2 over Prime 1. Prime 2 has better bosses but a chunk of the game just feels really tedious to me like the entirety of Submerged Torvus.
>>
>>389213313
Honestly I don't mind the fetch quest, but Submerged Torvus suuucked
>>
>>389213313

Prime 2 has neat areas but goddamn Prime 1 is just much, much better.

Better music, better variety, better exploration.

Prime 2 has some neat suits and gave us Dark Samus, which is awesome, but Prime 1 was overall better.

Prime 3 is great too. "MUH ISOLATION"

We've had thirty games where Samus is completely alone, talking to a few GFED troopers and seeing other parts of the galaxy for ten minutes isn't horrible.
>>
>>389208875
>worst Zelda Overall
>Wind Waker
You forgot Phantom Hourglass is a thing
>>
>>389214334

The worst Zelda is the original.

It's a solid 5/10. The series got good with Adventure of Link
>>
>>389214334
i enjoyed phantom hourglass
>>
>>389211032
And the worst part is they're very vocal autists. You can't tell these faggots to fuck off any more because they just shitpost even harder.
>>
File: laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif (4MB, 347x244px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif
4MB, 347x244px
>>389208538
enjoy the game, the enemies are hilarious
>mfw I saw a new weird enemy as a kid and the creepy music started playing
>>
>>389215429
I was laughing pretty hard at the pig dudes with the lanterns. Sneaking under a barrel is priceless no matter the game
>>
>>389208875
But it's not TP.

>>389212486
>the only flaw with the remake
Zora Swimming & the changes to boss fight mechanics
>>
>>389216342

I don't mind the swimming and I never liked the bosses in MM to begin with.
>>
>>389216918
Does anyone like any of them besides Goht? I always thought MM had the worst bosses by a big margin barring Goht.
>>
>>389217256

Funny, I think Goht is the worst in the series by far.
Odolwa and Majora are okay. The Ikana mini bosses are kinda neat.
>>
>>389217531
You don't like rolling around a circular arena as Goron Link going after a boss? Can we at least agree that Gyorg is awful?
>>
>>389217905

It's his name and how easy he is that bothers me. Especially after how we've gotten some very creative bosses in the past.

Don't get me wrong, the dozens of eyeballs in ALttP aren't that amazing even though it's my favorite game, but at least they had better names. With the 3D you would've expected some better presentation.

And yeah Gyorg is weak af
>>
>>389217905
>everyone fights the bosses in the same way
This is exactly why N64 MM was better. You could fight the bosses however you wanted.
>>
>>389218159

I once watched somebody kill Twinrova with dozens of Bombchus. He didn't figure out to run over or hookshot to her until after he ran out, and as soon as he did, one hit killed her.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.