[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3DS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 800px-Nintendo-3DS-AquaOpen.jpg (81KB, 800x723px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Nintendo-3DS-AquaOpen.jpg
81KB, 800x723px
First three years
>interesting diverse games that take advantage of the system's capabilities

Now
>C-tier spin-offs for babies and weebshit

Where's the cool shit like KI Uprising and A Link Between Worlds? Why are so many "new" games just reusing assets? And where are the racers and 3D platformers? This system is just wasted potential. If Metroid sucks, I'm done with this thing.
>>
File: weegdab.png (1MB, 945x1164px) Image search: [Google]
weegdab.png
1MB, 945x1164px
idk man i thought it had alot of good games
>>
I understand your point but why did you list ALBW in the former category? It was just a glorified remake of ALttP with easier dungeons and the gimmicky rental system severely limited how complex the puzzles could get for the sake of letting you choose your dungeon order

Second weakest handheld Zelda after Phantom Hourglass and I never understood why everyone praised it as the second coming of Christ when it came out
>>
>>389207393
The thing is it was a game that at least gave me the impression that its budget was bigger than a quarter, unlike Triforce Heroes.

Also, this amiibo shit needs to stop.
>>
>>389207173
>cfw meme
>>
it's literally on it's death bed stupid
>>
>>389207005
Remember when /v/ claimed Switch would not replace 3DS?
>>
>>389208762
>it's
Moron.
>>
>>389207005
Because the 3DS is fucking ancient and Nintendo has a new handheld to focus on. The fact that the 3DS is getting a game that looks as good as Samus Returns in nearly 2018 is fucking amazing as it is. The 3DS has a great library, just enjoy what's already there
>>
>>389210216
Even the GBA and DS got actual games in their twilight years. Why not the 3DS?
>>
I miss the KI:U and Revelations times. Where did the time go?
>>
>>389210567
In what is probably the 3DS' last year of steady games, we got Fire Emblem:Shadows of Valentia, Metroid: Samus Returns, new Pokemon games, Superstar Saga remake, Ever Oasis, Monster Hunter Stories, Dragon Quest VIII, and that new Pikmin game. Next year we get the Strange Journey and Radiant Historia remakes. Yeah it's a lot of ports and remakes, but these are extremely solid games for a console this far into its lifespan, especially when Nintendo has a new, at least semi-handheld console to focus on as well. Maybe the GBA and DS were better in their final years, but the idea of dramatically saying you're done with a console because its 6th year is underwhelming is ridiculous
>>
>>389211493
>Fire Emblem:Shadows of Valentia
Reuse of assets. Lazy.
>Metroid: Samus Returns
Might be good.
>new Pokemon games
Don't like Pokemon. Don't care.
>Superstar Saga remake
Another ROM hack.
>Ever Oasis
Don't care.
>Monster Hunter Stories
Don't like, don't care.
>Dragon Quest VIII
Don't care.
>new Pikmin game.
Spin off.
>>
>>389212620
Ok? No one cares if you're not interested in the games. The point is that there's still surprising amounts of high quality stuff coming out for how late into the lifespan of the 3DS we are. You don't have to like the games on that list, but don't pretend they're all bad because they don't personally interest you.

Also calling SoV lazy for reusing assets seems silly considering how different it is from any other game in the series in terms of gameplay, especially the other 3DS games. And Superstar Saga is in no way a ROM hack, they've pretty clearly put in a large amount of effort into the remake.
>>
>>389213239
>No one cares if you're not interested in the games.
Then why are you replying? I started by saying there are basically no games coming out that interest me. 6 of those games you listed are JRPGs, 8 if you include the ones you listed for 2018. I'm not interested in those games. There needs to be more diversity and not just weebshit to get me into the 3DS again.
>>
>>389207005
Is it worth buying today?
>>
>>389214762
If you're into JRPGs, it's heaven. If not, it's decent.
>>
>>389214560
not that anon but if you dont want to hear opinons of other anons here then you can fuck off and make your own blogpost.
there are good games for the 3ds and you dont liking them doesnt make them bad
>>
>>389215282
>you dont liking them doesnt make them bad
Yes it does. The quality of any game is subjective.

>>You liking something doesn't make it good.
See how dumb this sounds? If I like something, it's good for me. If not, it's shit for me. Also,

>you dont liking them
Took me a while to decipher. Is this some creole?
>>
>>389207005
Diversity BTFO
>>
File: CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH.jpg (33KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH.jpg
33KB, 575x556px
>>389216191
games can be judged objectively. just because (You) don't like something doesn't mean its bad.
>>
>>389216745
>games can be judged objectively
I know that, dumb frogposter. Like when a game has an inconsistent framerate or low res textures. But when someone says a game is good or bad, that is subjective. Some people like it, some people don't. Some people like the flood of JRPGs and spinoffs, but I don't.

Goddamn Labor Day weekend bringing in all you annoying kiddies.
>>
>>389209914
if you're want to be possessive, it's just "its"
but if it's supposed to be a contraction than it's "it's"
scalawag
>>
>>389207393
I don't disagree with anything you said but I think ALBW felt very good in terms of movement, offense and defense. Although it didn't have the most interesting world, it felt great to explore it. I could say the same thing about BOTW,
>>
File: cover_large.jpg (141KB, 600x534px) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
141KB, 600x534px
What's your favorite action game for the 3DS?
>>
>>389217167
Not the guys you've been replying to but you really are an asshole
>>
>>389207005
>Why are so many "new" games just reusing assets? And where are the racers and 3D platformers? This system is just wasted potential.
Because that's how end of console life cycle works you retard. Were you not around for the DS? When people shat on GameFreak for putting out Gen V in 2D (instead of glorious 3D)? The fact is that when the console is new, developers have to create assets to make games. When the console is old they've already made assets and it's cheaper / easier to reuse those instead of making new ones, so they do that. Because if they spent enough time making new assets the next console has already rolled around so they'll just jump ship to that instead. Or instead of reusing assets you doll up an old game so you don't have to worry about creating anything BUT the new assets.

As for the entire system's library, most of the "diverse games that take advantage of the system's capabilities" were spent on the DS because: it was cheaper to develop for, economic conditions were much more favorable worldwide, and there was no phone market to dump all the shovelware on. So developers had total liberty to just fling shit until it stuck as well as take risks with gimmicks. The Zelda games on the DS are shittier than the 3DS ones but they were much more experimental with regards to stuff like controls or trains.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.