[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Playing the game on the higher difficulty setting makes the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1355765881812.gif (2MB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
1355765881812.gif
2MB, 427x240px
>Playing the game on the higher difficulty setting makes the game better!

Literally fucking how? 98% of the time the only differences between Normal and Hard are bigger health pools for enemies and you do less damage to them while sustaining more on your end. How would this ever make any improvement to a video game experience? I'll never understand this meme
>>
>>389202220
Yea, but if you beat it on hard, /v/ will think you're cool.
>>
>>389202220
>>389202384
Found the casuals. If a game's not hard, it's not fun. End of story.
>>
>>389202458
Explain how the Legend of Zelda became so popular then.
>>
>>389202220
Go play Stalker or something
>>
>>389202530
Manchildren. Good atmosphere. Good music. Also, aren't some of the 2D games challenging?
>>
>>389202530
Original NES game is plenty hard, try again.
>>
>>389202220
how is steamrolling trough levels without any satisfaction fun for you?
Yay, i beat this game on "babby" difficoulty, such an amazing experience, but the game mechanics feel shallow :P
If you don't force yourself to play carefully and explore you're getting only half of the experience
>>
>>389202220
>98% of the time the only differences between Normal and Hard are bigger health pools for enemies and you do less damage to them while sustaining more on your end

Not only are you comically exaggerating the number of games that do this and only this, the fact that the enemies are more dangerous heavily changes the game experience because it encourages you to adjust your tactics and/or explore parts of the game you may have overlooked in order to win. A good example of this are the handheld caslevanias, where normal mode lets you just kind of facetank hits and smash buttons until everything dies, which you cant get away with when those same enemies do 1/4th your life in one hit.

There are pitfalls to this though, such as the player being unable or actively refusing to come up with a more effective way to win (a problem with hard modes in a lot of western RPGS where the higher difficulty makes many builds way worse), the possibility that the player already figured out the best strategy on normal mode so all hard does is make using that same strategy take longer (a problem with most old 2D games having hard modes) or the game is just shit and doesn't have a way to make hard mode more managable so you're just making the game more boring. All of this means that hard modes probably shouldn't settle for just adjusting the numbers, but to say it doesn't change how the game plays is ignorant.

Now continue with your 300 post hardcore vs casual bait thread, namaste.
>>
>>389203615
Most games do just scale enemies and create artificial difficulty right though. Enemies doing more damage is fine but higher difficulties turning enemies into damage sponges isn't. Deus Ex does difficulty well for example.
>>
File: 1503971803153.png (956KB, 841x849px) Image search: [Google]
1503971803153.png
956KB, 841x849px
>>389203354
>difficoulty
>>
>enemies are more likely to spot you, necessitating careful planning and timing of your movement
>additional objectives
>loot in different places
>greater incentive to avoid fights altogether
Guess the game(s).

Also in shooters I guess you're forced to be quicker and more precise with your aiming.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.