[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is surprisingly fun. I am currently at the phantom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: mario and rabbids.jpg (19KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
mario and rabbids.jpg
19KB, 300x168px
This game is surprisingly fun. I am currently at the phantom fight, lost to him twice already. If i have one gripe with it so far, its's the fact that Mario is a forced team member. I feel like forcing a rabbid is okay because it makes people use them, but not just forcing one Mario character is dumb. I also think that this had a huge missed opportunity for online multiplayer. Could've been crazy fun.
>>
File: sad cowboy cat.jpg (19KB, 436x413px) Image search: [Google]
sad cowboy cat.jpg
19KB, 436x413px
>tfw there's a second verse of the Phantom battle that got cut due to time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL4oCB-5Vb8
>>
I don't really see the point in the restriction at all.
It just limits the amount of potential play styles and strategies you can come up with.
>>
>>389201570
Most playstyles boil down to making your rabbids do insane dash damage and hit multiple enemies and making your mario characters use their abilities to hit any moving enemy.
>>
>>389201018
BWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH
>>
>>389203780
Not as annoying as I thought it was going to be, though they probably reigned it in to keep people interested.
>>
Are you allowed to go back after? The navigation is so confusing sometimes and I feel like I'm missing everything.
>>
>>389201570
It was probably due to the cutscenes-- Mario has a prominent animation in every scene, so doing that for every possible Mario character would have taken a long ass time to do.
>>
>>389201018
I feel a bit better knowing someone else lost on that boss. also I really like how useful each member is,switching to a specific team and just dominating a map feels so good
>>
>>389207001
Just beat him earlier. I ended up using mario and double peach, lost mario and was one turn over the recomended turn count or whatever that is.
>>
The shield bubble sound effect is the same as the night vision spell in Dark Messiah. Guess I'll replay it after because autism.
>>
>beat the game today
>never used yoshi or rabbid yoshi
>only used peach for the battle she's forced in
>rabbid peach was dropped once rabbid luigi got vampire dash
Mario + Rabbid Luigi + Luigi is way too good. Rabbid Mario is also a good option if the map has many enemies close together.
>>
>>389209238
I got rabbid yoshi and tried him for one battle. instantly dropped because of his terrible weapon. I'm finding myslef partial to mario and peach and rabbid peach and luigi and rabbid luigi. the healing is extremely useful sometimes. but that vamp ability is the bomb, and luigi is God-tier for reach the area missions
>>
Game is better than I imagined and the rabbids aren't as obnoxious as I thought they would be. Currently doing world 1 challenge haven't started world 2. Goddamn upgrading weapons makes such a huge different. Also double dash and increasing dash damage. I love the fact the game relies on combos to make a difference. Attacking with one character first then another and so forth changes gameplay so much
>>
>>389209238
rabbid yoshi is great for reach the area maps
>>
>>389209573
Outside of a few scenarios, Rabbid Luigi's vampire dash can completely replace the need for healing in this game, since after hitting someone with it everyone else who hits that enemy in the turn also recovers health.
This allows you to ditch Rabbid and regular Peach and instead use characters who are better at dealing damage like Luigi.
>>
File: 1504453454767.gif (882KB, 160x99px) Image search: [Google]
1504453454767.gif
882KB, 160x99px
>>389209960
>Rabbid Luigi's vampire dash can completely replace the need for healing in this game, since after hitting someone with it everyone else who hits that enemy in the turn also recovers health.

wait what
>>
>>389210332
Rabbid Luigi's dash inflicts the Vampire status on enemies. During the turn they are Vampire'd, every attack that damages them recovers health to the person that did the attack, including dashes and Mario's stomp jump.
>>
File: 1503678430544.jpg (131KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1503678430544.jpg
131KB, 500x374px
>>389210481

Will make a difference since I'm focusing on move atatcks over weapons
>>
>>389210332
>Vamp Dash enemy as R.Luigi
>shoot them, getting vamp again and healing more damage than you deal
>get in close with mario and heal nearly 150 with a good hammer
>Luigi snipes from a distance and heals too
vamp is the best super affect
Has anyone who's beaten the game gotten those weapons that say they are unlocked after the end game or something and say they cause ULTIMATE FUN?
>>
>>389209960
Well that sounds stupid strong
>>
discuss the phantom's song
>>
>>389201018
>I also think that this had a huge missed opportunity for online multiplayer

I'm honestly surprised they didn't add it in, it's perfect for this kind of game.
>>
>>389212680
They mentioned DLC, maybe as that? I don't mean paid obviously. Was the "pixel Pack" some sort of pre order bonus? i never heard about it but i got a code with the game for some free weapons
>>
>>389210602
I can't believe they killed Cooper like that. Season 3 was a mistake.
>>
could you guys see this game getting DLC characters/stages? I mean, the dev IS Ubisoft
>>
How's the xcom series compared to this? I had never played any strategy game before and shit I was not expecting this to be so fun
>>
File: 1495195957599.jpg (118KB, 682x306px) Image search: [Google]
1495195957599.jpg
118KB, 682x306px
>>389213165

You'll hate it

>>389213070

Pic related
>>
>>389213165
XCOM is a fucking meme. In Mario and Rabbids your % chance to hit is based on their coverage, and even then when you shoot at them your busting up their coverage. In Xcom you can have an enemy a few feet away out in the open and your % chance to hit is still some arbitrary 76% shit. It's awful.

The worst part is how its fanbase tries to tout itself as hardcore. There's a reason the "95% chance to hit --- miss" XCOM meme is so popular.
>>
File: DIpny6_WsAAMxBq[1].jpg (125KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
DIpny6_WsAAMxBq[1].jpg
125KB, 1200x600px
>>389213157
Already confirmed we're getting DLC challenges and story.
>>
>>389213837

It's fucking retarded in XCOM that 1-99% attack is still a 50/50 flip coin. I had an argument the other day with retard XCOM apologists saying there was intense calculations for the 1-99% chance.
>>
>>389213257
>>389213837
>>389214012
that's disappointing... I wanted to play it after this. I'll give priority to other strategy games, a friend is lending me their copy of fire emblem awakening (I know, I know, but it's free)
>>389213890
nice
>>
>>389213890
Wow, I can't wait for the new and expected story content which debuts last some time during any of the twelve months of 2018 because Ubisoft really doesn't want me to sell the game!
>>
are there secret fights in every world? randomly found some in world 1 and they're hard as balls, but I havent gotten yoshi or rabbid yoshi yet so I'm not that far I guess
>>
>>389214524

Yup every world has hidden challenge. You found World 1 difficult?
>>
File: 1504496417904.jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504496417904.jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
I'm struggling to make team compositions other than Rabbid Peach and Luigi work. What are some fun team builds?
>>
>>389215276

Mario peach rabbid Luigi rabbid

Mario double jump enemies increase damage

Peach double dash sentry

Luigi rabbid rocket
>>
>>389215276
both luigis
rabbid bros for max dash damage
luigi and rabbid yoshi for reach the area levels
>>
How do I use Rabbid Mario correctly?
Boomshot seems cool but kinda risky in comparison to just taking potshots from cover with a longer range weapon.
>>
>>389215917
you just let him loose on crowds. boomdash+boomshot clears packs and he has a pretty good shield. he deals a ton of damage and can force enemies into groups with the dance. gets vamp too
>>
>>389215917
Don't do what I do. I use him with Rabbid Luigi because they're both great, but they both want to be by themselves facetankig everything.

Instead, either spec him with vamp gear, and use Mario/Luigi, or spec him for Stone, and add a healer into the mix. The first setup allows you to max Mario/Luigi overwatches, which lets you get up close, draw enemies out of cover with magnet dance and get a shit ton of free shots on them. Then follow up with boomstick/hammer to heal with vampire. The second setup means you can focus on Stone abilities instead of vamp, and heal rabbid Mario with peach/rabbid peach.

Overall though, as much as I love him it's hard to justify him over rabbid Luigi. RL does more for the team with nearly guaranteed vamp on his weapon, and free vamp with insane damage on his dashes. The dashes alone allow him to heal for half his health even if he's up close and personal. Luigi's itchy feet let's him max his possible dash targets as well. Which I think makes him a better tank. So as much as I love that overwatch combo with magnet dance, rL just seems better at his job.

Now if I could just replace Mario with Luigi, or get Rabbid Luigi to play well with rabbid Mario, I'd have my dream team.
>>
>Shoot Enemy
>Crit
>Get Shot
>Crit

Jesus Christ I can't stop getting them and taking them
>>
>>389217169
nah man,stone boomshot vamp hammer is the best setup
>>
>>389209238
haven't got to the yoshis yet, but I've been maining the Mario, luighi, rabbid luigi party. I can't stand peach or rabbid mario because all their attacks are AoE. Rabbid Peach is good to use as a sub if someone gets too fucked up and there's no mushroom between fights
>>
>>389209691
I like how every character has 3 options; move, attack, and special, that you can do in any order. It's really fun to kill smashers by popping your overwatch before attacking
>>
>>389205467
You have a time machine to replay levels. Also you can go back normally to previous levels to complete the searches.
>>
>>389214524
Yep. Make sure you equip mario with a bounce hammer for world 2's secret level for maximum hilarity
>>
>>389201018
I just beat the ice boss, fucking Peach showing up ruined my game plan.
>>
>>389213890
Oh I see. Not buying this game then.
>>
i ran into a glitch while playing in Spooky Trails. it sent me under the map where i was stuck until i reset the chapter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewBlWpXBrIE
>>
>>389217635
Nah dude. Makes him a jack of all trades master of none. When he's the only tanker, he wants vamp to survive. When he's got a healer, he doesn't need vamp and it's best to take advantage of stone's ability to nullify large groups of enemies with his AoE weapons. It's natural min-maxing. That being said, I use him with Rabbid Luigi and have the exact same setup you just mentioned. Like I said though, it's kind of unoptimal because they both want to be in the front lines and actively hamper each other by taking up a slot that'd be better for the other to get some support.
>>
>>389220746
This game is made by ubisoft so it's gonna have some flaws. I had match where my sentry never moved. Also the game freezes on me for like a split second every once in a while, but I notced it was because there was a lot of things moving around with other effects.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.