[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did this game do anything right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: Skyrim.jpg (15KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
Skyrim.jpg
15KB, 600x375px
Well?
>>
It has the capacity to do just about anything.
>>
>>389184443
Damn....
>>
>>389183624
It was fine. It wasn't stellar, it wasn't abysmal.
People here will say they liked it when the next one comes out.
>>
>>389185985
i liked it and it was my first elder scrolls game, but then again people who play the previous installment of a game are almost always going to say the other was better
>>
>>389186582
I liked it more than oblivion and oblivion was my first
>>
The soundtrack, while not nearly as distinct or individually listenable as Morrowind or Oblivion's music, has one of the best pieces of ambient music ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPZtRmx1Dyk
>>
>>389183624
>gave us some decent but overused memes
>expanded the modding community
>gave waifu fags a bunch of new options
I'm out.
>>
>>389187252
as i first played them, I felt morrowind>skyrim>oblivion
but at this point morrowind is so outdated it isn't that enjoyable. i hope it get a remake/
>>
It's cozy, I'll give it that.

I wish RPGs would just focus on cozy fleshed out immersive worlds, simulating what life would be like in that world and less on thrusting you into retarded save the world plots.
>>
>>389187612
>morrowind is so outdated it isn't that enjoyable
agreed, I tried playing it but it's hard to get immersed when everything looks like origami
>>
>>389187947
Morrowind can look pretty damn good with the graphics mods out there now.
>>
>>389183624
dungeon crawling is p good in it. It really is immersive and pretty but only if you have a goal. When you have no goal in mind finding a new one can be pretty hard because there's honestly not that much to accomplish imo
>>
>>389183624
dungeons were better
overall better aesthetic
combat was better than Morrowind I guess...
I liked the climate
>>
Modability
>>
>>389183624
The landscape is beautiful.
>>
>>389183624
Mods.
Aside from which it effectively ruined open world gaming by making it popular and accessible, to the point they even ruined BOTW with that shit, and no mods in the world can fix zelda now.
>>
>>389189334
Dungeon crawling sucks, they're all linear as fuck and full of one type of enemy with repetitive and extremely obvious traps.
>>
>>389183624
overworld + music, gotta admit beth outdone itself this time
>>
File: skywindjuneupdate.jpg (89KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
skywindjuneupdate.jpg
89KB, 800x600px
>>389183624
No matter what you're thinking, Skyrim was the most popular elder scroll. It made a lot of people discovering the universe and the other Elder scrolls games, and as long as TESO permits Bethesda to earn a lot of money, you won't see any Elder scrolls VI.

Anyway, somebody could help me here ? >>>/wsr/375506
>>
>>389190169
>>389190264

Even modding the game was painful because of the shortcomings of Creation Kit.
>>
>>389190540
Says you, I got exactly everything I wanted out of mods.
>tfw you wake up in a cave one day, on your hands and knees, as the broodbitch for a group of wolves, and decide "this is the day my adventure starts *awooo~*"
>>
>>389190432
You can't download Skywind right now, there is no public release.
>>
>>389190657

Im not talking about installing and playing the mods, Im talking about actually making the mods with Bethesda's mod tools.
>>
>>389183624
The beginning was alright. Unfortunately it suffers from being boring shit that I never bothered finishing. Tried to 2 years ago and still failed.

Been eyeing Dragon's Dogma lately. Apparently that has some actual fun in it without only relying on muh mods.
>>
>>389183624
the particular lore surrounding skyrim. by that i mean the dragonborn, shouts, greybeards. i also thought the setting was good and the music. even better with some mods. everything else was trash. by that i mean combat and magic. no stats. wtf.
>>
>>389184443
>It has the capacity to do just about anything.
yeah, with mods.
>>
>>389190295
Idk I enjoy dungeon crawling more than any other Elder Scrolls game. It's bioshocky. It actually controls nice.
>>
>>389183624
it's hard to do dragons correctly
it was a step in the right direction
>>
>>389183624
I like how it did spellcasting. Equipping spells like weapons was much more satisfying than the way magic worked in Oblivion. Spells could work in several different ways, like whether they could be cast instantly or had to be charged first, or whether they required one hand or two, or the fact that lightning spells hit instantly but have shorter range. I like how you can charge up a spell and keep it charged while you line up a shot. They didn't do so well with the scaling and they didn't put in enough spells, but they did make a good framework, at least.

Another thing the game did right was being so moddable. Every game that allows so much modding should be praised for that. I just wish quest mods were easier to make so more people would make them.
>>
Marketing
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.