[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is this game good? Is it at least on par with baldur's gate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: pe-logo-915x585.jpg (60KB, 915x585px) Image search: [Google]
pe-logo-915x585.jpg
60KB, 915x585px
So is this game good? Is it at least on par with baldur's gate?
>>
>>389165924

bad dialogue. characters are meh. Plot is weak. Gameplay mechanics are OK.

I heard white march was better, but did not bother purchasing. The base game was trash. I honestly expected better from Obsidan and came away disappointed.
>>
>>389165924
Yea its on par with BG1, but most "fans" of crpgs are quoting Planescape, Fallout 2, and BG 2 instead.

PoE was medicore fantasy to me. It had some interesting characters but the fantasy setting felt like the bad brand of fantasy from the era where everyone copied Tolkien but didnt understand that the man was talented enough to invent cultures and languages that felt natural.

The plot is also pretty bland.

And it doesnt help that the game is combat-first / rp second and that combat system is just very bleh. The whole Endurance and Health mechanic should've been scraped for just health instead. And that's just a minor bugbear I have with the system.
>>
>>389165924
It's worse than the Infinity Engine games but not completely unplayable. If you've already played all the IE games and you're desperate I'll try not to think too poorly of you when you come home late at night reeking of Sawyer and with shame all over your face.
>>
File: IMG_9833.png (61KB, 214x275px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9833.png
61KB, 214x275px
>major fans of the genre say the game is good
>/v/ says it's a piece of shit

Genuinely confused. Which is it?
>>
It's a really good game that gets too much shit here. I liked it more than BG 1, ID 1 +2 and NWN 1 + 2 with all the expansions.

It's not as big and dense as BG 2, though.
>>
>>389167272
Major fans of the genre have been thirsty for a crpg since Black Isle went to Davey Jones and the SS Modern RPG took sail, much to their despair.

Honestly for a game made a decade after most of these CRPG gods, it didnt copy any notes from shit that worked. So in the grand scheme of things, I'm less impressed with it than I was with Underrail.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.