[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All memes and shitposts aside, can someone rationally explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: RWbGIB.jpg (16KB, 752x423px) Image search: [Google]
RWbGIB.jpg
16KB, 752x423px
All memes and shitposts aside, can someone rationally explain to me why there people fanboying over this thing?

Coming from an outside perspective (I don't own a PS4 and I don't really play PC games other than old ones), I genuinely don't understand why everyone isn't laughing at Microsoft. Are XBOX really that disconnected that anything new with "XBOX" in the title is enough to get them excited? There's so much delusion in their remarks, often it's things like--'I don't care that there aren't any good exclusives and everything's on PC. Already pre-ordered mine and I'm super excited. I play mainly third party games anyway." Like, really? Did you just make an argument as to why you're shutting yourself off from a number of exclusives that exist on PS4 (again, a console I have no interest in but OBJECTIVELY SPEAKING has more games)? From the outside, this is the most sterile, generic and unexciting mainline console I can remember. The games only look marginally better, yet ANYONE WITH A RATIONAL BRAIN is supposed to be EXCITED to pay DOUBLE for that feature alone... and apparently there's enough people out there like this. It's kind of disturbing, honestly.

Let's try to keep this rational and civil--I'm not attacking anyone, I just genuinely do not understand. If you are an XBOX fan, please explain to me what's going on. I'm open to having my mind changed.
>>
>>389164815
Not an XBOX fan either but if you're going for a multiplat machine you might as well aim for the high end of the HW spectrum instead of middle or lower part.
Having a box that can play the likes of Witcher 3 on ULTRA and not choke too much while you also don't have to deal with any driver or system stuff might be a plus for some.
>>
>>389165256
Forgot to add that I meant 'High end' with the overall price in mind so the owners of $3000 1337 RIGs don't need to fret.
>>
>>389164815
it has its merits but /v/ wont admit it
>>
What you have to understand is that outside of Nintendo's unique audience, most video game consumers pretty much just play the AAA multiplatform third party games. That means Fifa, CoD, AssCreed, Batman/Spiderman, etc. If all you play are these games, you might as well get the most powerful system since exclusives don't matter to you at all. So I can understand what MicroSoft is going for. It still wont work though, because people don't want to buy a new system every few years. No one's gonna want a new console for another 3-4 years, it's too early for this.
>>
I've got one preordered, the big pull for me was ea access and red dead 2. I like the Xbox ecosystem more than I like steam and it's a pretty powerful machine for $499
>>
>>389164815
Because Microsoft seems to be going back to their roots with it. Microsoft is a software company so it makes sense that their console would be the closest to pc. The original Xbox One went against the original vision of the Xbox and for the first time had the worst third party ports and was difficult to make games for. Xbox One X is Microsoft getting their shit together and finally releasing a strong console again.
>>
I was going preorder one but I'm trying to get into a one year nursing school and I also have a huge backlog of games to play from my ps2,og xbox, 360 and ps3. It's a nice system but meh the money is too much and I just quit my shitty pizza job just to properly enjoy vidya before the lpn program starts.

Hopefully more games get onex patches in 2018. Hyped for kingdom hearts 3 and darksiders 3 for that year.
>>
minecraft in 4k
>>
File: 2gap8i.png (279KB, 566x372px) Image search: [Google]
2gap8i.png
279KB, 566x372px
>>389164815
Xbox fans are extremely desperate and delusional.
Expect them to invade /v/ when Xbone and Scorpio will do good numbers in December and November in Amercia and then to hide again when this thing will fall into total irrelevance like it always do in the rest of the year.
>>
>>389166795
>was difficult to make games for.
thats not true its easier to port to Xbone
>>
File: 1474140665857.jpg (185KB, 960x731px) Image search: [Google]
1474140665857.jpg
185KB, 960x731px
>>389164815
>why there people fanboying over this thing?

You know how there are some people dumb enough to buy Xbone?
Those are the people who will also buy this. It's just a way for Microsoft to repeatedly milk this same group of people
>>
>>389165256

The X won't play those games on ultra settings though, but I agree with you.
>>
if you dont want to play on PC, its objectively the best option. personally i play on pc and have no interest. But even the sonyfags hating on it are basically selling it when they shitpost about how much pc sucks and is overrated.
Mind you. You consolewarsfags treat console purchases like they are such a hardsell or you can only have 1. Like I bought an xbone solely for 4k blu ray and sunset overdrive. Why not? same as fags going "BUT SWITCH NEEDS 800 GAMES OR ITS DEAD!" why? I thought we were enthusiasts here. shits only like $300 and probably gonna price drop quite abit.
>>
File: lmao.jpg (357KB, 1545x1205px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
357KB, 1545x1205px
>>
test
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.