[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Black_Desert_Online_Logo_(En).png (119KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Desert_Online_Logo_(En).png
119KB, 250x250px
Is this good?
>>
It's just hack n slash: the mmo
Also gear doesn't change your looks almost at all.
The graphics are top notch but it's just not fun at all. It's just your typical Korean mmo
>>
It's pretty good, but goddamn grindy as fuck.
>>
>>389163935
Yes, if they ever removed the grind, rng, desync and auto mechanics bullshit.
>>
>>389164486
Basically good if it were a different game at that point anon
>>
>>389163935
I loathed every second of it because there is zero challenge in combat.
>>
>Black Desert Online
>Black Desert Online - Traveler's Package
>Black Desert Online - Explorer's Package
Can someone please explain this garbage?
>>
You'll love it if you don't go in expecting a typical MMO
Try and think of it more as an open world sandbox with a player-controlled market and some cool PVP. You can go balls deep into the roleplaying aspects if you like- set up in a fishing village, get a rowboat and a house- make friends with the locals and gradually upgrade your house with furniture and decorations. Use your new boat to sail the seas and discover new islands. Buy a horse and start a quest for knowledge, or try and play the markets using trade nodes and wagons. I started with a monk-like character, and I bought a single-room house on a mountaintop surrounded by clouds and goats. All of this without even touching the combat system (which is great). The game will last you hundreds of hours if you're prepared to fully explore the mechanics. There are some endgame bosses you can team up to fight, but honestly Black Desert isn't for you if you're looking for that sort of thing. For £7 I'd say it's worth it for your first dozen hours alone. The polarising thing about it is that everything has layers of depth that you need to eventually understand. Instead of combining two items, you can grind them, shake them together, heat them up, or even dry/tan them which requires clear weather. The ingame currency takes up weight in your backpack, and when you buy a house in a town you can turn it into a warehouse or an ore refinery. A lot of the PVP is based around gathering points like fishing becoming depleted if too many people try and use a single spot. Some players will try and monopolise a river by killing everyone who tries to use it. You don't need to worry about it if you don't want, but the territory war stuff is fun.
>>
An ok sandbox, with some very flashy but brainless combat.
>>
>>389166976
How is this game a sandbox? Sandbox implies you can change the world to some degree. You don't change anything in BDO. If you buy a house, it's instenced and 1000 people can own the same house as you. Garbage.
>>
>>389163935
I'm keep this short.
It's pretty but boring as fuck.
That's the game in a nutshell.
>>
>>389167245
Housing is the only instanced thing in the whole game
>>
>>389167494
It's also the only "sandbox" thing in the game.
>>
>>389166635
No ome fights over rivers lmao everyone just sits at the depleted river in the main town and afk fishes because you still get fish lmao
>>
>>389167582
Maybe sandbox isn't the right word. It's an open world roleplaying experience, but sandbox in that context usually refers to the world being fully explorable, and the player has free choice on how they want to interact with the world. The life skills (fishing, cooking, farming) are fleshed out enough that you don't need to rely on combat if you don't want. You can rent a farm, and your whole experience with the game could be as a farmer earning money. It's a sandbox in the eyes of a roleplayer.
>>
>>389163935
Been playing since launch.
It's a lot of fun leveling up and building up an income system. However the end-game gets a little shitty, especially if you have a bad internet connection. The marketplace is atrocious so even if you have the money to buy the gear you want it could take weeks or months to get it. The end game is also extremely group PvP focused so if you aren't interested in PvP or if you're a solo player you won't have that going for you, and ultimately will have no purpose to leveling and gearing your characters. The only end-game PvP content currently are world bosses which after you run them all 100 times they get pretty damn boring and it usually takes much more than that to get all of their gear. The game has a very nice crafting system but it gets VERY repetitive and marketplace issues keep much of it far less lucrative than it should be.

tl;dr it's fun for a while but end game isn't fun for everyone
>>
>>389167582
What is your definition of sandbox?
>>
>>389167845
Depleted sources are much slower. Many players choose to fight for the more optimal spot.
>>
It's an MMO so no.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.