[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the drawbacks of steam making avaible their in game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: steam sale neptune.jpg (86KB, 1199x655px) Image search: [Google]
steam sale neptune.jpg
86KB, 1199x655px
What are the drawbacks of steam making avaible their in game and service stats, like the one from Steam Charts, while a lot of companies keep the data for themselves?.
I mean sometimes you're just curious about how many hours you played a game or the amount of players a game has or some of the most popular and played games.
I wanted to know how many hours iv'e played hearthstone and the date is nowhere to be found.
>>
....what?

If you are talking about steamdb and steamsales.rhekua, then you should be aware that Steam does not make that data available. Both of those websites collect their data by just recording the listings on the Steam website, or for steamdb by going through user profiles to get an approximation for the number of people owning a particular title. Steam does keep that data to itself, but there is nothing stopping a third party from collecting that data independently.

But then, you start talking about hours played in a game, which is a completely different topic.
>>
>>389163078
>But then, you start talking about hours played in a game, which is a completely different topic.

Pretty sure he was just using that as an example.
>>
People would realize what companies do:

>Don't worry my man we won't use your data*
>*Except we do
>>
>>389163302
Hours played gives people a reason to keep playing their games, at least from personal experience. Even if you've "done everything", it can feel like you haven't got your money's worth if you're looking at a low hour count and so would encourage people to pick up the game again.

Plus, people like to measure their e-dicks with their hour counts for some games. It's another competition which keeps people logging in and playing their Steam games, especially compared to getting their games elsewhere.
>>
>>389163556
Yea exactly what I said. He was using it as an example.
>>
i want be Neps pusy slave i bet she would let me lick it all day long
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.