[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like this game so much? Literally everything it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: header.jpg (22KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
22KB, 460x215px
Why do people like this game so much? Literally everything it did, other games have done better. It's even a downgrade from the first game. Is it because pcbros literally have no other game to cling on to?
>>
>>389160914
what a shit board
>>
>>389161003
Not an argument
>>
>>389160914
>Literally everything it did, other games have done better.
Want to give some examples?
>>
The antlion prison level was great.
I do agree that the massive amount of "run away from helicopter shooting at you" levels were retarded though.
>>
>>389160914
it was decent back then, but it aged really badly.
>>
>>389160914
>Literally everything it did, other games have done better.
Obviously, you idiot. It set the standard for those other games.
>>
>>389160914
Did you forget what year it came out?
>>
File: A&C.png (1MB, 1918x936px) Image search: [Google]
A&C.png
1MB, 1918x936px
>>389160914
>What are personal preferences?
>Judging how a FPS made from 2004 holds up compared to games it set the standard for

Faggots like you need to learn how to not post so much. The only valid complaint is how it's a downgrade from it's predecessor.
>>
>>389160914

this game was and is fantastic
>>
>>389162434
But it doesn't deserve the title of anything outside of being a shit meme game or even the best game according to the mouthbreathing retards here. I've heard zero arguments on how """""good""""" it is outside of muh atmosphere or """""story"""""
>>
>>389162784
People might just prefer the game play, environment, and story while you don't. It's called "personal preference." Just because you think it's a bad game doesn't mean it's factually bad.
>>
>>389160914
There's a lot of arguments you can make against HL2, but "other games did it better" isn't one of them. X being superior to Y does not mean Y is bad.
>>
Because immersion
>>
File: 1478388917459.jpg (13KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
1478388917459.jpg
13KB, 500x342px
>>389162784

Most of us played it relatively early in our adult lives, when it was cutting edge in regards to graphics and Half Life was a relevant franchise that really pushed the envelope on environment and gameplay.

Also fuck you, the atmosphere and story are fine. Some of my happiest vidya moments are basic HL2/HL2DM back when Source was trendy.
>>
Which game did dystopian scripted FPS better?
>>
>>389164057
deus ex?
>>
Reddit likes it so it's shit.
>>
the only reason the half life games are good because of their engines
especially hl2, which could run on anything at the time thanks to its levels being corridors with almost as much fog as a silent hill game
>>
>>389164781
It ran terrible on release though, no small part thanks to steam being absolute shit back then.
>>
>>389164335
I hate everything that's ever been discussed on Reddit.
>>
>>389160914
Games age really fucking bad when it's built around showcasing a new engine.
>>
>>389164928
So that confirms it. Half Life 2 was always shit.
>>
>>389160914
It's nostalgia.
People upvotedf this game purely out of nostalgia.
>>
>>389160914
Literally the same thread every day OP. just slightly changing the opening post doesn't mean people don't see you doing this over and over.
>>
>>389165170
Eh, I disagree, there is of course a bit of nostalgia involved, but HL as a series is still decent enough, even by today's standards, they are nothing amazing, but for being over a decade old, they are still good enough. And at release they did pretty awesome shit for their respective times.

Nothing amazing, but still worth a play for anyone who really likes shooters.
>>
>>389160914
it's fun
>>
>>389160914
When the gaming media was riding gaben's dick over half life 2 thats when I knew something was wrong. I dont think he bribed them, I just think they were buddy buddy.

But yeah it is a bad game. Half Life 1 was so much better.

Half life 2 is a bland boring corridor shooter with the most generic of enemies; alien nazis. You had all the npcs kissing your ass, telling you how great you were, it got annoying fast. Enemy variety is lackluster, the AI is simple and even stupid in some cases, the levels are bland and boring and the gravity gun is a fucking gimmick. It literally felt like a tech demo for the source engine. And of course who could forget babby's first waifu alyx vance.

Half life 1 was a masterpiece. Even though it all took place in an underground facility the environments were varied and diverse. Enemies were smart and varied. The AI was smart and you get NPCs to work with you. The weapons were all different and suited many different play styles. The enemies felt authentic, like wild animals freed from an alien zoo. The gluon gun, tau cannon and hivehand were fun as shit and practical too.

/v/ kisses valve's ass too much and over rates and over hypes all their shitty games.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.