[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WoW Legion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 449
Thread images: 67

File: legion-wallpaper.jpg (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
legion-wallpaper.jpg
303KB, 1920x1080px
>awesome solo content
>Lots of great easter eggs and hidden quests/story
>Enjoyable raids
>Enemies that actually do something other than stand there waiting to get beaten
>Lore enemies that actually mean something

Has this been the best WoW expansion since Wrath?
>>
>>389146246

>RNG on top of RNG
>Shit legendaries
>PVP in the shitter more than ever before
>World PvP that has you literally 1 shotting equally geared retards with fan of knives and immortal tanks
>Literally retarded story

This is arguably worse than WoD.
>>
>>389146718
Is it? This xpac has more raids and dungeons than WoD, which is definite content that actually matters compared to stuff like an AFK house
>>
>>389146845
>>389146246

Why does blizzard send employees on 4chan? They have to know it's useless by now.
>>
>>389146718
there's always been RNG in this game
the legendaries are actual legendaries and feel legendary
pvp is balanced now, you're just bad
world pvp is good, again, you're just bad
the story is good, you just don't understand it
>>
>>389146845
WoD was bad because it lacked content. Legion has ten times more content but they completely fucked up the game underneath it. They are still so scared of people running out of stuff to do that the game abandoned all pretense of being anything but an infinite Skinner's box.
>>
The entire core of the gameplay outside of mythic raids and high levels of mythic+ is designed so that thoughtlessly charge in and kill any mob and any number of mobs without any consideration, they even made every enemy scale to your level to further this goal of making the core of the game as braindead as possible

Why would I want to raid when there's no game surrounding those raids?
>>
>>389146845
they actually remade garrisons
they hate players so much that they remade the worst part of the last expansion
also the quick list why legion is a shit
>class design
>artifacts
>legendaries
these 3 point completely ruin any fun you could have in this game
i miss wod
>>
>>389146985

There's never been this level of rng. Titanforging etc

Legendaries feel legendary when everybody has them and a majority of them are absolute trash?

LOL

LOL

LOL

Ok I get it it was bait, almost got me.
>>
>>389146246
Why do you come here? Don't you guys get depressed when you see how much we revile you? I can't imagine the look on their faces when you give them feedback, do you pretend its positive? Just release legacy servers already.
>>
>>389146920
>It must be a shill thread
Relax, WoW's an old game based on an old franchise for oldfags who can't scratch off the MMO itch.
>>
>>389147170
No self respecting oldfag stayed subbed after Cataclysm, maybe a few were hoodwinked in MoP because it was semi-decent but after that I refuse to believe anyone is dumb enough.
>>
>>389147252
>subbed
There's the problem, you assume oldfags aren't good enough making easy gold to not only play for free but make money to spend on other stuff like Destiny 2 or Overwatch
>>
Eh, i think it's fine. Started recently but i'm already feeling dropping out, but it's decent.

Plus:
>Pretty much always something to do
>Raids are still pretty good
>Character customization is better than ever
>Artifact is pretty cool

Cons:
>Maybe little bit too grindy
>RNG makes BiS collecting nightmarish, especially on legendaries
>Legendaries are mostly shit, on my class at least
>PvP is still dead
>Most classes raped

I give it C+
>>
>>389146718
WoD had

>no content

And an entire patch dedicated to a selfie cam. This is much better
>>
>>389147440
>money to spend on other stuff like Destiny 2 or Overwatch
NOW THIS IS PODRACING! -5/10 Anon.
>>
>>389147000
Excellent digits friend. People still think raids are why WoW was so popular. They never learn.
>>
>>389146246
I'd care about Legion if it weren't for the Legendary grind which can take several months to get what you're after on EVERY character you play. Legion is such an incredibly alt unfriendly expansion.
>>
>>389147671
Considering how all these WoW clones can't get the basic concept that end game both keeps players and brings new players in, that point still stands
>>
>>389147553
well you can argue both ways some like shit class design and alot to do some liked decent class design and redoing one raid again and again
i liked wod more since atleast bgs were fun because i liked my class
legion could have been amazing but the classes are so fucking bad i tried every single one and not one is close to being fun
>>
>>389147565
Destiny 2 is going to be fucking huge. I don't like the game but you'd be a retard to pretend that is won't blow up now that its on every platform (on the Blizz store front page no less) and had this huge marketing push.
>>
>>389147753
Wowfags keep saying the raids are the best they've ever bee. Even if that true (it isn't), why are sub number sin the shitter. They've been on a downward tend since Cata' redesign of the world, leveling, and itemization.
>>
>>389147672
Legendaries aren't a sucha problem anymore, since the changes you can get your firts one around the 24-26h played at 110.
The thing that upsets me about legendaries is the fact that some classes are dogshit if they don't get the right legendary or that some legendaries are leagues better than the others.
>>
>>389147793
No one cares about your normie trash, Blizzard.
>>
>>389147997
>implying I'm shilling

anon please. I may not like it but I know what normies eat up, and they will definitely eat up Destiny 2. You can pretend its will bomb all you want but the only people who think it will are the one son Malaysian basket weaving board.
>>
>>389146246
>RNG
>RNG
>RNG
>RNG
best expansion since my ass
>>
>>389146985
>the legendaries are actual legendaries and feel legendary
that you can get by pure chance on a wild bear
sure mate
>>
File: rogue.jpg (92KB, 607x794px) Image search: [Google]
rogue.jpg
92KB, 607x794px
I just PvP. Rogue still take lots of skill, and I'm getting Glad each season. Fun playing with my friends. Only clock in about 15-20 hours a week.

Plenty of time for better things. I pity the losers still raiding hardcore and putting in 40-60 hours a week.
>>
>>389147757
I agree they fucked classes (MM hunter here) and PvP, but the gameplay on PvE and solo side has outweighed those for me personally
>>
>>389147753
MMOs can't be successful without both an end game and an actual game. WoW is bleeding subs because it has no actual game, other games died because their end game was trash. These things aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_082017_185207.jpg (10KB, 228x149px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_082017_185207.jpg
10KB, 228x149px
vanillfag just dont remember how shit it was. just look at this retarded item? who would even want this shit? im glad blizzard made legion so much better
>>
File: IMG_0300.jpg (87KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0300.jpg
87KB, 480x480px
>bought it and played through a lot of the content as a DK because of the new and improved attack animations
>dropped once they got boring

I need more meat to my gameplay and combat, and story's impossible tl care about.

Also kinda seems like they're trying to trim the skills down to moba levels with each xpac.
>>
>>389148968
dont see everything in black and white not everyone that doesnt like legion likes vanilla
cata and mop was the best time
>>
>>389148968
Variance in itemization quality makes both the good items and the bad items special and more unique, and getting an upgrade means more than just an ilevel increase. People still remember Ashkandi and Perditions blade for how good and sought-after they were, and people still remember Thunderstrike for being an absolute trash drop that no one was really looking for. Most people can't name a single item from Legion that's not a legendary.
>>
>>389149593
all i can name is vicious, nothing else, my legendary was xanti something, i cant remember holy or disci name at all
>>
>>389146246
Pros:
_____

Still able to solo to max level
Three specs for every class and cool looking features
More vanity pets than ever
Holinka is gone

Cons:
_____

AP grinding is mandatory if you expect to do any activity involving other people.
Gearscore is just as much of a burden now than it ever was, except now people expect you to have at least two legendaries, and a maxed out legendary weapon
The quests are not fun, at all.
You have to do a ridiculous amount of boring quests just to halfway unlock the ability to fly, you also have to do raids that nobody wants to do anymore, and PVP.
Old world activities feel absolutely pointless, and you will still AFK in your garrison most of the time, just to prevent overpopulation in your class hall
Ion Hazzikostas still has a job at Blizzard.
>>
>>389149593

Yeah, to this very day I can still remember the Krol Blade for how excellently its stats were tuned to optimize Hunters.
>>
>DUDE LIGHT IS AS BAD AS FEL LMAO

What a retarded premise
>>
>>389146718
>7.0.3
OK, /v/, would you..

>bring back honor and conquest currency / replace it with something else
>keep PvP instance normalization
>5v5 Arena
>keep Human racial to stuns
>bring back Burst of Speed, Preparation, etc. for rogues
>bring back uniqueness and CC to hunters
>>
>>389146246
>>awesome solo content

kys your self
>>
>>389146246
lore sucks now
>>
>>389149593
This.
I still smile whenever I'm leveling an alt through Blackfathom and Rod of the Sleepwalker drops.
I kept that thing on my warlock for at least 12 levels.
>>
File: 1453713807800.jpg (12KB, 220x281px) Image search: [Google]
1453713807800.jpg
12KB, 220x281px
so im playing on private 7.1.5, garrison doesnt work, devs are not working to fix it, no one on the server complains, no one gives a fuck
>>
>>389147525

Shaman legendaries are awesome specially elemental
>>
>>389150367
>bring back honor and conquest currency / replace it with something else
bring it back was way better than random drops fuck the rngmeme
>keep PvP instance normalization
no i want it balanced in the real world too its also confusing for new players maybe meet in the middle like in cata some warrior ability just did half of its dmg to players to avoid oneshots
>5v5 Arena
yes bring it back removing content that was in the game for years for no reason is stupid make it give no glad if that was a problem whatever it was fun
>keep Human racial to stuns
remove all racials/let people choose their racials so stupid that i cant play the race i want because of racials fucking half of the horde i elves now because of broken racials let me play what i want
>bring back Burst of Speed, Preparation, etc. for rogues
burst of speed was cancer it can come back in a nerfed state prep can come back too if they nerf the abilities it resets
>bring back uniqueness and CC to hunters
just redo hunter completely or revert it to mop/wod what the fuck did they do to them
>>
>>389150124
i feel like casuals even though you're the majority, should be seen but not heard. the game is at a greatish (7.5/10) for late game players
>>
>>389150709
>want to read about new/decent wow private server
>wpsg died again
godpoo but they probably would just shitpost anyway
hows your server? how many player how buggy?
>>
>>389146246
Shit game, if you're still playing this in the current year you are either a normie or a braindead faggot with stockholm syndrome.
>>
File: 6546546498425.jpg (31KB, 672x712px) Image search: [Google]
6546546498425.jpg
31KB, 672x712px
>$15 per month for the privilege to play a literaly chore of a game

nty.
>>
>>389146985
>everyone has a legendary
>they feel legendary

Pick one dumb shitter
>>
>>389151070
monster wow but im considering switching to circle. monsters is too broken for me. some bugs are hilariously bad
>sprej has purify disease
>get disease
>cast it on myself
>first thing it dispels is my shadow form
yeah no
>>
>>389151178
2017 actually having to pay irl dollars to play wow, i feel bad for you senpai
>>
>>389146718
>This is arguably worse than WoD.

this is what retardation looks like
>>
>>389146845
None of the Legion raids live up to BRF though. I really liked that place 2bh even if everything else in WoD was shitty.
>>
>then
Holy shit, did you hear about that hunter that won the glaives of azzinoth?
>now
I am just so upset that that hunter got those ilvel 950 bracers with versatility on them. My pawn says that would have been a .35% dps upgrade for me!
>>
>>389147128
>There's never been this level of rng.

nigger I spent over 40 runs of UBRS just to get a single set piece back in the day, you'll never get that now
>>
File: 1391999218790.jpg (168KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1391999218790.jpg
168KB, 1280x720px
I liked the Artifact system at first but as time has gone on my opinion has soured on it. The best part about raiding was finally getting that fucking weapon you've been waiting to drop for weeks and getting that big DPS boost. You don't get that with your artifact weapon.
>>
>>389146718
>This is arguably worse than WoD.
I can't just stand by and let you claim such absolute bullshit. Nothing is worse than WoD.
>>
>>389151614
I guess it still kinda happens with the relics you put in your weapon, can still raise it's ilvl by like 10+ levels.

But yeah, it's not the same
>>
WoD had:
- Good raids

Legion has:
- Some cool skins

WoD wins for sure.
>>
>>389152425
>WoD had:
>- Good raids
No it didn't. Revisionist history is fucking weird, dude. It had a few good fights in otherwise awful raids, I'll give you that.
>>
File: 1485051517436.jpg (167KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485051517436.jpg
167KB, 480x480px
>navigating around argus
literal fucking aids, shitty terrain and pathways with mobs everywhere that will daze you
>>
>>389152425
>>389152603
Wod and Legion raiding is arguably the same, nothing much has changed.

However, everything surrounding raids in Legion is shit, you have to grind for a ridiculous amount of hours to be able to raid.
>>
>>389152603
I enjoyed the WoD raids at the time and you're not going to convince me I imagined it.
>>
>>389151425
Anon, there was a time when US servers only had to pay $15,000 gold per month to stay subbed.

>>389151592
That was entirely on you. There wasn't a wall of complete strangers with expectations for what you had equipped.
>>
>>389152657
Except the dazing, sounds like the Broken Isles
>>
>>389151614
The system was cool when each new rank felt significant to your character, augmenting an ability. That stopped with the dump traits.
>>
>>389146246
>awesome solo content

Yes, it's around that time you should realize that there's something wrong with this mmorpg.
>>
>>389152657
That's the point anon, same reason they removed flying. If you spend 90% of the time getting dazed and fighting mobs Blizzard has to provide a lot less content every month.
>>
>>389153039
>There wasn't a wall of complete strangers with expectations for what you had equipped.

Did you actually play vanilla? There always were those people. Maybe not as easy to check back then, but even then it was required to gear up in any real way. Couldn't progress through the .5 quest chain without your full dungeon set, so have fun hoping for that drop and then winning the roll against 14 other people.
>>
>>389152772
>whines about grind
That is in every single expansion ever made.
If anything the only expansion to ease up on the grind, Cataclysm, is one of the most criticized.
>>
>almost every boss in ToS has a soaking mechanic
But why?
>>
>>389153429
stack rogues
>>
>>389152603
Highmaul and BRF were fucking great. I unsubbed before the other one so I can't comment on it.
>>
>>389153463
My only problem with BRF was the godawful environment. Sure, I get it, it's a foundry, but it's just so boring and depressing to look at.
>>
>>389152603
BRF in particular was fun. Lack of content doesn't mean ALL content was bad. It was still a bad expansion.
>>
>>389147000
>i want to spend 5 hours each day killing boars to prepare for raids
kill yourself neet
>>
>>389153634
I'll take the BRF aesthetic over the black and green Legion shit of ToS and the new raid any fucking day.
>>
File: abstinence.jpg (485KB, 1199x1648px) Image search: [Google]
abstinence.jpg
485KB, 1199x1648px
>>389150343
>being forcibly turned into a brainwashed zombie is a good thing

No means No.
>>
>>389153362
>>389152657
equip your prydaz guys

jesus christ every time blizzard makes a remotely interesting zone that requires some memorization rather than flying over everything like a mongoloid there's retards complaining about it
>>
>>389153732
Yea, those are terrible to look at too. Why can't Blizzard make GOOD LOOKING raids anymore?
>>
>>389153413
Most criticized by who? You?

I've raided in every expansion since Wrath, and the most grindy has been Legion, because you need to do M+, at the start you also had to grind for raid mats, which took 30 minutes per hour of raid, only thing rivaling this was fishing for food at the start of WoD.
>>
>>389153039
nobody worth their salt gives two shits about what you have equipped, they care about the numbers you're pushing

gear is of course a prerequisite for that, but you can get an alt up there in a month or less unless you're shit

only problem is some classes depend on RNG legendaries
>>
>>389153898
I thought Emerald Nightmare looked great
>>
>>389153948
>we have people unironically admitting they're wrathbabbies now
>>
>>389146246
>awesome solo content
>Lots of great easter eggs and hidden quests/story
If you want a story driven single player experience you shouldn't be playing an MMO.
>>
File: 1496715763542.png (152KB, 600x729px) Image search: [Google]
1496715763542.png
152KB, 600x729px
Fuck all these lucky niggers that got the Blistermaw/Houndmaster Kerrax mounts.
>>
>>389153948
>at the start you also had to grind for raid mats
I assume you're talking about vanilla here, in which case your post is extremely poorly written
>>
>>389154171
Nigger just ride your racial mount, why do you even care about these neon dildo faggoticus maximus attention whore mounts?
>>
>>389153463
I only liked Mar'Gok in Highmaul. Blackhand and Gruul were the only good fights in BRF.
>>
>>389154260
I ride my class mount because I'm a DK and I have the best one.
>>
>>389154145
Try again, I've raided since Wrath, played since late 2005.

>>389154252
Nope, meant at the start of Legion. I was an officer in a pretty decent guild, and I had people come to me saying that that they were spending hours a day grinding herbs. It wasn't until a later patch that you could buy those mats with bloods (?), and later tehy introduced new pots, which are better and cost a fraction of the original ones.
>>
>>389154145
>>389154516
In any case, try going on retail right now and see if you can find someone who's played since Wrath, it'll be a lot harder than you think.
>>
The content is great in Legion, but it's spoiled by all the RNG, grinding and timegating. Power creep is out of control, they have to rescale the world every 2 months and the raids were better in WoD.
>>
>awesome solo content
>mmo
I don't think you know the point of the genre
>>
>>389153948
Again, every single expansion.
Just replace M+ with Heroic.
There were always pots and flasks, there were always food buffs, there were always fishable mats.
Frankly I don't even believe you're a Wrathbaby if you haven't noticed this long standing pattern in gearing up to raid.
>>
>>389154516
your guild was shit and the people playing it were shit. if you're not swimming in millions of gold at this point to just buy whatever the fuck you need i dont know what youve been doing in this game the past decade
>>
>>389154629
A stat squish is desperately fucking needed in the next expansion.
>>
Why did they have to change how Warforged items worked? WoD had it just fine. Warforged increasing the ilevel by a set number and that's it. It was fine, why change it?
>>
Legion would be great if it werent for all of the RNG bullshit. Instead of firing all of the retards who ruined Diablo 3 they put all of them onto the WoW team so they could shit on WoW with their RNGboners.

Now we have an otherwise great expansion completely soured by the fact that if you dont get an extremely rare orange drop, you are gimped in your role no matter how good you play. There are some people who have been playing since the beginning of the expansion who STILL do not have their BiS legendary items, and this is the last patch. Those people have played throughout the entire expansion on gimped characters just because they didnt get lucky with the RNG on top of RNG with a side of RNG.
>>
>>389154605
the majority of the people in my guild have played since before vanilla or BC
>>
>>389154706
But they already squished the stats in WoD, them doing it again would just mean that Blizzard fucked up again, and you know how vehemently they refuse to acknowledge their mistakes.
>>
>>389148968
easy dust for enchanters for cheap cost since no one buys that garbage. and leather armor wouldnt mean much compared to cloth, so rogues would still use it while levelling.
>>
>>389154754
>It was fine, why change it?
Gotta stretch that content as thin as possible with Diablo loot.
>>
I just wanna play for the erp.

Can i just make a trial? how do trials work exactly? Are they given unlimited freedom to do whatever except send tells to non-friends?
>>
>>389154869
well if they don't people are going to be doing hundreds of millions of DPS next expansion
>>
>>389154516
>Try again, I've raided since Wrath, played since late 2005.

but you didn't raid in vanilla of TBC, both of which had ridiculously massive grinding components
>>
>>389155000
does it really matter whether you're doing 100 or 100M dps? it's just another letter
>>
>>389155000
>he thinks they're going to do another number crunch
Why do you think they've been experimenting with almost entirely removing gear as a factor in PVP?
>>
>>389146246

Recently resubbed as a full time casual.
enjoying it
know ill hate it soon once ive cleared argus lfr.
know id hate it even more if i decided to join a guild and play seriously again
>>
File: image.jpg (339KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
339KB, 1920x1080px
>>389148294
I'm raiding mythic on my rogue (currently 5/9) and probably only putting 30 hours a week tops.

3 raid nights + weekly m+, misc pug raids for funsies

Rogues are super fucking comfy this expansion, I wish I pushed 2k rating in pvp last season, that set was dope.
>>
>>389155389
>alliance
>gnome
>rogue
I seriously hope you fucking die in your sleep tonight
>>
>>389156070
Don't forget >funsies
Fucking cancer.
>>
>>389154990
Not worth your time, honestly. RP in WoW is a shadow of what it once was, the ERP is pretty awful and trials have to be added by other players to actually talk to them. Goldshire is a shitshole. Just go on f-list.
>>
>>389154682
You're incredibly thick if you think people ran as many heroics as people are running M+ in Legion.
Of course there's always been pots and flasks, but the grind for them was bigger in Legion than previous expansions.

>>389154786
The majority of your guild isn't the majority of the game.

>>389155031
Please enlighten me on the massive grinding in Vanilla, because people didn't do that back then. If you think every raider had flasks in Vanilla, then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>389156070
Calm down Fbelf pally #947253. You can do other things in LFR besides shitpost you know. :^)
>>
Guys fucking stop me to resub
And if i do should i continue my DK or priest?
>>
>>389146246
In all seriousness just incase you're giving feedback, legacy servers please.
>>
>>389156545
game is shit read the thread
if you still want to resub atleast wait 2-3 months untill the timegates are over and you can actually do everything lol
>>
>>389156703
You think you do...
>>
>>389157075
Yeah but DK or Priest?!?!?! Stopped when my guild finished Xavius the day he was released
Game harder now? Provide answers please
>>
>>389157670
last i heard spriest got the shaft so dk if you want to dps/tank and priest for healing
id advice going with dk
>>
>>389157670
dk
harder if you raid maybe, the rest of the game takes very little effort
>>
>>389156479
>The majority of your guild isn't the majority of the game.
your original challenge was
>try going on retail right now and see if you can find someone who's played since Wrath, it'll be a lot harder than you think.
considering i found a ton of people without looking for them, no i dont think it was harder than i thought

if anything it's the opposite, most people still playing wow are whales that are emotionally attached to it, there's probably very few actually new players coming in

>the grind for them was bigger in Legion than previous expansions.
again, if you cant just afford whatever the fuck you want at the AH you are BAD at the game

>If you think every raider had flasks in Vanilla, then I don't know what to tell you.
90% of pug raiders still dont have flasks, it's exactly the same
>>
>>389157670
raids are a lot harder yeah, KJ HC is actually comparable to the first few M bosses
KJ M might be one of the hardest raid bosses of all time (partly through poor design)

EN was a freebie
>>
>>389154171
I think the worst part about the new mounts is the fel spotted eggs. Rare mobs have a CHANCE of dropping it, it then has a CHANCE to give you a mount/pet. It's the green protodrake all over again, and we all know how cancerous that was. I farmed that mount for 3 months before it gave me the mount.
>>
>>389147910
as a wowfag raiding peaked in mists and has been going downhill ever since, doesn't necessarily mean its bad just not as good as it has been. this tier for example, mythic and heroic are fairly similar (obviously not in numbers tuning just not many new mechancs) and I don't think thats too great
>>
>>389158916
You have 28 chances per character per week to get the egg once Macaree opens Tuesday

Even if the droprates is shit you can do it on an army of alts very easily, green proto was a lot slower

I have 25 eggs already
>>
>>389158039
>>389158051
>>389158701
Thank you for you replies
I will play dk now
>>
File: 1503239289270.png (876KB, 1700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1503239289270.png
876KB, 1700x1000px
>>389146246
>Artifact weapons and subsystems attached to them drag all of it to the ground like a Lion to a Gazelle
>The RNG into multiple layers of RNG for gear and legendaries is the Lion snapping the Gazelle's neck

If you fuck up the baseline, the foundation as it were, so bad that it detracts from EVERYTHING else in the game then it doesn't matter if the rest of the content is good.

You can build a palace on top of a manure pile but nobody is going to want to live in it.

The worst part? If the game played out normally without the artifact shit it would have been pretty fucking good, even with the shitty loot system in place.
>>
>>389146246
>awesome solo content
Exactly what I'm lookg for in an MMO, thanks wow
>>
>>389159272
25? Holy shit. I have 1 and i've been killing the rares on 5 alts
>>
>>389159342
what is your problem with artifacts?
>>
>>389159221
Heroic isn't even close to mythic on 4 of the bosses

Mistress Maiden Avatar and KJ all have a lot more going on in mythic.
>>
>>389153039
That wasn't entirely on him at all. You're full of shit for one and you're wrong. There were tons of people that wouldn't take you to things if you weren't running arbitrary dungeon set from ubrs. Didn't matter how good you were or not.
>>
>>389150343
>not wanting to think for yourself

God I want /pol/ to leave
>>
>>389159413
bad luck friend

First 3 hatching tonight, hopefully i get somethinf
>>
>>389159342
>still complaining about artifacts

Actual brain damage. Titanforging, poor class design and balance is a far bigger problem
>>
>>389159542
>maiden
it's the same, just can't be shitters with the orbs. other 3 are right, and sisters has the whole debuff floor mechanic. that leaves goroth (soak new things on the floor xd) harj (eggs) inquisition (essentially meaningless adds) and maiden (just be less shit with orbs) that are very similar to heroic. this is 4/9 of the tier which I feel are very similar to heroic just with higher numbers which is frustrating compared to some of the great raids we have seen before. also a lot of the tomb mechanics are 'soak the floor mechanic or raid wipes' which leads to a feeling of a lack of variation
>>
>>389160137
Maidens "being less shit with the orbs" changes your positioning significantly and you have to watch the orbs in phase 1
>>
>can't Mythic raid because don't have 20
>all good loot is off limits to me
>have to find a new guild just to Mythic raid

what is the point of this?
>>
>>389146246
yup, loving it
>>
>shit questlines
>black and green and demons
>7.3 brings more black and green in the form of discount Hellfire Peninsula (again)
>mythics are now Diablo 3's nephalim rifts
>AP grind that leads into another AP grind that leads into another AP grind
>lore somehow worse than WoD's butchering of it
>Illidan is a good boy who didn't ever do nuffin wrong
>Illidan got pissed off about being in jail becomes a jailer
>Nightborne being purple Blood Elves with the exact same issue, only this time it's time magic and not arcane magic
>artifacts
>legendaries are now a joke that anyone can get like epics in WotLK
>no reason to like any character, pre-established or otherwise
>can't get immersed because every ten seconds an NPC pops up on your screen telling you to go get some bear asses
>professions obliterated
>obliteratum
>the reuse of god damn everything for this expansion
>>
>>389160407
>cucking yourself into a shit guild

You're acting like a nigger on welfare. Pull your pants up, get your shit together, and work harder if you want a more satisfying game experience.
>>
What's the best way to farm gold now? I'm EU side and just came back, but want to buy gametime with gold but it's like 245k gold per month now, fucking insane
>>
>>389161145
Are mats still super expensive?
>>
File: 1467934772191.jpg (63KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1467934772191.jpg
63KB, 500x600px
>completely changing the gameplay and thematic of Discipline Priest

Really got me to quit the game for good. I'd been playing the exact same spec every fucking expansion for over 10 years.
>>
>>389161145
get rep with the wardens get shoulder enchant for blood of sargeras drops then craft shit that costs blood of sargeras
best way i have found so far and you get the bloods by just playing the game really nice not having to farm
>>
>>389161145
best way is selling boosts, you can easily make 1 million a day that way

you can boost rated pvp, raids or M+
all you have to do is git gud
>>
>>389161540
I really have no idea how they managed to fuck up every single redesign. And they took the class fantasy thing into the complete wrong direction. My priest was a venerated soulpriest, not a cackling cultist.
>>
>>389146246

I recently played warcraft 3 for the first time, does WoW continue the story of 3? Never tried the game myself
>>
>>389161834
It would only be a continuation if you were playing WoW as the expansions were released. Now the game is a clusterfuck of different timelines they never bother going back to edit when a new expansion comes out, or they do go back and update something but not the rest of it so you end up with a weird new spot in the middle of old content.
>>
>>389146246
>Lore enemies that actually mean something
what does this even mean
>>
>>389161832
Yeah Shadow got the shit end of the stick in that way too. Even gameplay wise Shadow felt awful, at least at the expansion launch, since you needed Surrender to Madness to be comparable to other classes so Shadow became the literal 'play absolutely perfectly and make no mistakes or reroll' class.
>>
>>389161834

yes, however the story does not progress in a linear fashon due to cataclysm expansion, so you'll play "in the future" from level 1-60 and then reach the normal continuation of WC3, also you will never get to experience vanilla regions as those were completely revamped

tl;dr wow has nothing to do with warcraft rts anymore, its it's own thing, probably because they want to kill it off and make wc4
>>
>>389161540
>>389161832
disc is actually fun now tho instead of just spamming shield
>>
>>389162132
i can at least tell you that shadow feels fine now, you are only ever out of voidform for 5 seconds a minute at most

the numbers they push are a bit dissapointing tho, but still viable
>>
File: 1478810583465.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1478810583465.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>389161540
>tfw my mains were paladin warlock and shaman
BRING BACK WOD BRING BACK WOD BRING BACK WOD
>>
>>389147910

implying you know shit about the sub-numbers

gtfo
>>
>>389148294
>rogue
>skill
>>
>Have job
>Not enough free time to justify 15 dollars a month

F2P when?
>>
>>389161540
i-i actually like discipline now, they have a unique and fun healing gameplay that is less about shield spam outside of rapture
>>
>>389146985
>world pvp is good
I've seen rogues instantly killed a well-geared target withing 3 secs then vanished, showed up later and killed another and vanished, even though someone successfully revealed him, he vanished again. Also the macro used by warriors with some trinket, kill a target within seconds as well. The battleground is fine, but world pvp is truly fucked up.
>>
>>389160712
>7.3 made Broken Shore irrelevant
>now there's "Argus" which is black and green with black and green enemies a black and green skybox and the backgrounds are just concept art because you cant actually go anywhere on this planet besides the already established paths
>every demon you kill dies for good because Argus is so close to the Twisting Nether
>but the same world quests appear to kill the same demon you did a few days ago essentially making what Velen said redundant
>story is just I'M TURALYON THIS IS ALLERIA WE'VE BEEN HERE FOREVER YET SOMEHOW STILL RECOGNIZE VELEN LETS ALL GO TO YOUR SPACE SHIP
>QUICK HEROES WE MUST ESTABLISH A FOOTHOLD IN THESE 3 DANGEROUS SPOTS
>great job heroes we conquered Argus now go do World Quests
>is that it?
>well there's more story next week but other than that yes just do World Quests
>what else is there to do here on Timeless Is-I mean Argus
>well...you can grind for mounts? or grind for the one pet? that's about it...have you tried the World Quests? gotta finish those two new factions you know
>or there's the really boring and uninteresting secret mount that looks retarded when it runs?
>this is still the biggest patch in the history of WoW unlike 6.2 which we also said was the biggest patch since here you cant fly so it feels bigger...we'll likely do away with that and introduce Pathfinder Part 3 once people get bored enough
>>
>>389165053
I don't necessarily mind the new style, I just wish it wasn't at the expense of the old style. I like absorption shields, I like them a lot more than healing.

Shoulda just given demonhunters the dps to heal and call it like literally the 'Penance' spec and let Disc keep shielding away.
>>
>>389146718
second best xpac ever
fuck you
>>
>>389164334
Now but shitty eastern european scum drive prices up
>>
File: 084.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>389146246
>I AM IMPORTANT CHARACTER FROM PAST, YOU REMEMBER ME?
>OH NO, I AM BECOME CORRUPTION
>btw gib rep plz
>>
File: 1488852888788.png (547KB, 1000x830px) Image search: [Google]
1488852888788.png
547KB, 1000x830px
>>389146246
>Has this been the best WoW expansion since Wrath?
Nope, because that would be MoP
>>
File: 1499980571060.png (50KB, 202x164px) Image search: [Google]
1499980571060.png
50KB, 202x164px
>>389146985
>the legendaries are actual legendaries and feel legendary

this is how you know it's bait. Legendary weapon that was so hard to make only one person on the server would get it vs legendary from blingtron xDDDD
>>
File: 1420576777076.png (470KB, 792x818px) Image search: [Google]
1420576777076.png
470KB, 792x818px
>>389165482
>Second Worst*
Fixed that for you, mate.
>>
>>389165742
A lot of people hate it i guess but going back and doing some quests in MoP was pretty fun

I only wish I was around to experience the xpac's world and raids when they were relevant. Every xpac since MoP has increased players' power so much that you just seem to breeze through MoP without seeing much and I hate it
>>
>>389165403
>7.3 kills Broken Shore and promises to be huge and super great
>black and green Outland because black and green Azeroth was getting boring
>Turalyon for no reason pretending he's a Draenei
>Alleria is just another "who cares" cameo who's barely important
>oh and their elf son nobody knew was here nor gave a shit about
>do five quests and then Illidan dindus a god
>'there can be no chosen one'
>this is the same guy who got cucked into <betrayer> status and everything that led up to and happened because of it
>well now that Illidan killed his fangirl let's move on to the next ten-minute long """"""""""""""""""continent"""""""""""""""""""""
>lol jk have some world quests, fuck you
>no really have some fucking world quests
>biggest patch ever isn't even fucking open
>packed shoulder-to-shoulder with laughably easy to kill mobs no matter what your irrelevant item level is
>just gave players flight; let's take it away so they can """""""explore"""""""" the five beaten paths
>very first Argus zone is smaller than fucking Orgrimmar
>7.3
>'content'
>'fun'
>>
>Solo content
>In a genre defined by playing with large amounts of people
This is why WoW is shit now. Fuck single player design philosophies in MMOs. That includes 'story content' in which the player character is the main character and best friend to every important person.
>>
>>389165742
This. MoP was the pinnacle of modern WoW. It's also the last time Blizzard actually tried.
>>
>>389162391
Shaman isn't that bad, besides enhancements rotation not being that fun.
>>
>>389150879
I still haven't gotten any elemental legendaries.
>>
File: 1501610804578.jpg (2KB, 119x125px) Image search: [Google]
1501610804578.jpg
2KB, 119x125px
>>389166220
>supposed to be a semi-sweet reunion between Sylvanas and her long lost sister Alleria
>instead its just dialogue everytime you enter the Vindicar between Alleria and Veressa that's just "wow she's warchief go figure 'yeah she's also dead' well that sucks I should really go see her but I'm too busy doing nothing on board while Turalyon goes out and fights"
>speak to Turalyon
>Khadgar you were supposed to buy the drinks! XD
>no Turalyon, YOU were supposed to buy the drinks! xD
who writes this shit
>>
File: be rogue.jpg (393KB, 1280x1812px) Image search: [Google]
be rogue.jpg
393KB, 1280x1812px
>>389147525
I think Legion is a decent expansion full of great content, and it's actually really frustrating seeing how much they got right, as there are three big, underlying issues that ruin the whole thing.
Artifact power grind (though largely patched out now by 7.3), RNG legendaries and class balance being completely in the shitter making PvP unplayable.
It is a weird thing to say that WoW would be a great game right now if not for these three big problems.
>>
>>389166043
A lot of people hated it with retarded reasons, which overshadowed actual criticism of the expansion.
>>
File: blizztard.png (454KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
blizztard.png
454KB, 800x450px
Srsly illidanfags stop playing this fucking game, this expansion fucking sucks and boring, the writing is shit. everything from this game is worse than WoD.
>>
>>389167313
We wuz scars n shiet
>>
File: 1504280095072.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1504280095072.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>389166916
>WoW would be a great game if you stripped away every major system they added this expansion
>>
>>389151467
>>389151772
>WOD
>alt friendly
>class design is unique (hunters / rogues)
>PvP trinkets, currency w/ an upgrade path
>>
>>389166916
For me its the time gating of just everything...
You want Nighthold?
9 week quest one per week leading up to it

You want challenge appearance?
Better hope everyone is dumping resources into Mage Tower or you'll have to wait for Command Center and Nether Disruptor to fall

You want Class Mounts?
15 week quest, one per week and then we'll think about Tomb

You want Argus?
wait 3 weeks then wait until probably November for Antorus because we need something to show at Blizzcon
>>
File: Disgust.jpg (10KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
Disgust.jpg
10KB, 224x225px
>>389166693
>diablo 3 postgame
>'horadrim-chan my tummy hurts'
>'tyrael-sama you've been eating too much xD'
>'kyaa nephalim-san being mortal sure is wacky!'

>every single interaction with Khadgar, be it the player or a lore figure
>'55 BOOKS'
>'BLACKROCK CHIEFTAIN'S ARM'
>'200 BEAR ASSES'
>'cooooooool as a cuuuuuuuuuckumber'
>'hey champion check out my sweet raven form yeah saddles make my ass hurt'
>'1000 nethershards'
>'FOR ASSEROTH xD'
>'tee hee i could handle it :3'
>>
File: sylv2.jpg (549KB, 941x987px) Image search: [Google]
sylv2.jpg
549KB, 941x987px
>>389167808
The timegating is absolutely nonsense, yeah. It's what originally got me to stop playing back in 7.2.
>>
>>389160849
what are you trying to say, 4chan lingo user?

i like the people i play with, new guild isn't an option.
you don't know what this is like because no one likes you or cares if you show up.
>>
>Honestly considering getting legion because it'll run on my garbage laptop when I travel

I haven't played since late Wrath

How bad is it?
>>
>Endgame consists of upgrading your artifact weapons

I burned out pretty hard already.
>>
god damn I always get the urge to resub but I know I will just get bored after a week and quit again. Really miss pre-cata wow but I know the glory days are over. It's sad to think about sometimes, I even have 5 wow tokens but I know it's pointless to even get back in, I give every expansion another try and I can never last after the first major patch. I lasted most of cata until LFR was added. It's mainly LFR and cross-realm that destroy the game, LFD took away some essence too but it never killed my server community outright. Game feels like destiny trash now
>>
>>389166693
Kinda weird that Alleria don’t realize that the Alliance fucked up her people.
>>
>>389168157
Has some issues but ultimately isn't as bad as people make it out to be.
Not nearly as bad as WoD, for example.
>>
>>389168157
It's a good expansion, but the stuff that's bad is REALLY bad and distracts from the good parts
>>
>>389153758
There is no precedent to suggest the Light mind controls. Only that it can be wielded by evil too.
>>
>>389169102
Not him but if I wanna make a thread about a game I do pretty much just save the first wallpaper image that comes up on google.
>>
>>389169226
>>389169102

Lazy marketers or dedicated shill.
>>
File: 1494775172755.png (227KB, 635x661px) Image search: [Google]
1494775172755.png
227KB, 635x661px
>tfw i have the mmo itch but i can't find a mmo i want to play
>>
File: IMG_4248.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4248.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
>>389146246
Blizzard devs and other employees should be working and trying to better their game instead of shilling their shit game on v.
>>
Haven't played since like mid cata. But that wow cinematic with Illidan recently posted kind got me interested to see what happened since then. I might get a bit of sub time to try it out.
>>
>>389169427
Oh man I feel you. Modern MMOs just can't scratch the itch based on my experience.
>>
>>389146246

I don't even think Legion can lick Wrath's boots its better than WoD but it is still shit.

Storyline is so fucking terrible and it has some of the most god awful boring quests ever made in WoW,and to be able to actually have fun and fly around in the game it makes you suffer through all of its shitty solo content.

Legion is literally the Diablo3fication of WoW world quests are basically Diablo 3 bounty missions.
>>
>>389169892
so you want to go back to old school mmos where you had to be NEET to stay relevant with content and stand around zones spamming "LFG"
>>
The RNG can be quite overwhelming, i'm currently raiding on a world 600 guild, yet I got lucky and probably outgear people who have been clearing the entire content for over a month now.

People in my very guild are struggling to break base mythic ilvl too, even though we ourselves have been clearing 5 out of the 9 bosses since mythic came out.
>>
>>389146246
I don't know how to say it but everything just annoys me, the story is stupid, the legendary doesn't feel legendary at all, sure I have the core legendaries necessary for maximum dps, but I don't feel anything special, when I look at them, they are not some trophies I can be proud of, but regular tools like a screwdriver. I still keep the gears from MoP, because that's the expansion I progressed the most, those gears mean something to me. As for these legendaries, I will probably just sell or destroy them after legion is over because they are not worthy of the space they take. And the class hall and artifact chosen one bullshit, that not something would work in MMO.
>>
>>389170167
literally nothing wrong with that, normies who can't be bothered to create and maintain online friendships can fuck themselves as can retards who treat other LFG players as bots
>>
File: tumblr_ou9emrpLZI1unsleeo1_1280.jpg (262KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ou9emrpLZI1unsleeo1_1280.jpg
262KB, 1280x720px
>>389146246
Game has too much RNG bullshit
>>
>>389170167
not him, but yes
>>
>>389170167
In some regards yes. Idling in town while waiting in queue killed the world.
>>
>>389170291
Breaking mythic ilvl have required luck all Legion because you need to win the damn titanforge lottery. Really disheatening because that lottery is ten times easier in mythic+ or just heroic raiding.
>>
>>389146246
I recently stopped paying the sub for my gfs account on another shitty mmo, currently looking for another game I can get her to play and I'll play it with her.

How is wow now? Is it fun to duo level etc?

Main reason I quit the other mmo was because the cash shop is out of fucking control and she kept bugging me to buy stupid outfits, how is it on wow?
>>
>>389146246
>RNG to get legendaries from everything you do
>only a couple of the 10+ legendaries for you spec are good
>different specs have different legendaries
>drop rates abysmally low but slowly raise as you grind things that might drop one
>except Blizzard decided anything past 4 legendaries wouldn't get this increase in drop rate
>get 4 bad legendaries and you might aswell reroll a new character
I assume they have done something to fix this by now?
>>
>>389171371
bad luck stacks regardless of how many you have now, the first 2 drops in a couple days if you play hard, then it smooths out.

legendaries got better balanced too, in some cases it even boils down to preference, lots of utility legs seeing use for progression.
>>
>>389170167
MMOs weren't meant to have mainstream appeal. Trying to give them that ultimately killed the genre.
>>
>>389170789
>gf
Fuck off.
>>
>>389170789
90% of the game is very casual-friendly, leveling in the overworld is easy but has some ok moments the first time you do it, although outland and northrend really show their age and you might wanna dungeon through it
endgame pve is fine, there are enough difficulty levels to raiding now that you can find something challenging for yourself
>>
File: anonymous cat.jpg (97KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
anonymous cat.jpg
97KB, 400x267px
>>389170789
but anon-kun, that mysterious mmo's cash shop is running 30% off all month long, surely you can afford that.
>>
>>389170167
yes
>>
>>389156479
>Please enlighten me on the massive grinding in Vanilla, because people didn't do that back then.

>reputation grind for raid items to summon bosses
>gear grind for specific fire resistance gear
>herb/mine grind for specific pieces of armour and a shitton of flasks and potions
>a way more imbalanced loot and drop system that meant you could not see an item for months or years
>>
>Great tier
Burning Crusade - Overall great expansion, but the introduction of flying and arena are two of the worst things ever brought into the game.
Wrath - Overall really good expansion, but was also the beginning of casualization.

>Good tier
MoP - Overall a good expansion, mechanically /gameplay wise probably the best expansion released, but beyond absolute dogshit aesthetic/setting and retarded pandas weigh it down.

>Decent tier
Legion - Overall decent, some good ideas like artifact weapons over weapon drops, world quests are a good concept, at least a little bit of class quests and storylines returned, patches being released at a reasonable rate for once. Legendary system is literal aids, AP grinds were retarded for a long time, ridiculous amounts of timegating injected into pretty much everything possible, class halls are garrisons 2.0 still.

>Shit tier
Cataclysm - Fucking awful in almost everyway, only good thing i can think about it was the huge improvement on questing. Ruined vanilla forever, shit raids, pvp was shattered into shit so hard it has still never recovered to this day.
WoD - Absolutely awful, laziest expansion to date, half the content was cut due to laziness, introduction of warforging, introduction of the most boring and dumbest stat ever versatility, introduction of garrisons which is one of the worst things ever brought into the game, nothing to do at all. BRF was okay i guess?
>>
>>389172951
I agree with this. BC and Wrath were the best expansions even if they introduced some shitty things into the game, mainly because said things were not the current awful versions of them
>>
>>389172951
>Cataclysm
>shit raid

I never played beyond the Firelands patch (and never raided Firelands), but the initial raids (especially BWL and TotFW) were really fun
>>
File: The_Klaxxi.jpg (161KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
The_Klaxxi.jpg
161KB, 800x450px
>>389172951
>but beyond absolute dogshit aesthetic/setting and retarded pandas weigh it down.

Fucking pleb opinion, Pandaria has a lot of love and care put into it, and it really shows. If you go "lmao pandashit" you're vapid as fuck. It's as creative as Blizzard has been.
>>
>>389174497
Yet you post a screenshot of the klaxxi and the dreadwastes which was obviously the coolest and most interesting area and part of the expansion. Doesn't change pandas themselves being a horrible race, all their quests being boring and mostly uninteresting, and most of the areas being too panda-ish.

I never said the whole of pandaria sucked, it had some cool and interesting things in it for sure, but most of it was not good. Pandas were 100% a mistake, but the whole old god corruption lingering and effecting emotions was kinda cool, klaxxi and dreadwastes was cool. Jade forest was a beautiful zone, but once again the questing in it was pretty horrible which detracts from the overall experience.
>>
>>389166220
>>Alleria is just another "who cares" cameo who's barely important

holy fucking shit go hang yourself you fucking millennial kid
>>
>>389153039
>That was entirely on you. There wasn't a wall of complete strangers with expectations for what you had equipped.
>
>
<
>
<
<
<
<
<
<>>>
>
>>
>>
what's the best dps right now
>>
>>389146246
This game needs to not be an MMO anymore. It's barely one now but the archaic shit like leveling needs to go.

Should be more like Path of Exile where you can play offline and do almost everything solo.
>>
>>389175479
He's not wrong. Who the fuck cares about these WC2 characters if they're just gonna show up to say hi and then do nothing important?
Turalyon is a lameass draenei-weeb and Alleria is just there. They might as well be different characters.
>>
>>389174497

>that quest chain at the fishing village

I don't think anything else in the game hit me so hard in the feels.
>>
>>389175959
You can already play offline with Single Player Project.
>>
>>389175248
>questing was horrible

Come on, now - the destruction of the jade serpent, making landfall with the Horde/Alliance culminating in character development throughout all zones of multiple characters (and, in the case of Nazgrim, a raid boss), allying with the local monkeymen/fishdudes and stirring up war in a peaceful zone was fucking rad. I really liked how it was more morally ambivalent.

Plus, you only really had three true panda zones (Jade Forest, Four Winds, Steppes), while the other were either mixed or pandas mostly absent. I don't have some hatred of the Pandas in themselves, mostly because Lorewalker Cho's voice acting and the Lorewalkers as a whole were incredibly well done, but even if you don't like them there's the mogu, mantid, hozen, sha, expansion of the Zandalari, Alliance/Horde rampup.

It's arguably the darkest WoW has really been except in some early questing areas - you're legitimately doing bad shit throughout the entire continent, which is probably why they put in something like the Valley of the Four Winds: both to see what needed to be protected and a bit of a breather.

MoP just had the best lore of any expansion so far. It's telling that its archaeology sometimes has multiple pages on each artifact, this shit was all new and Blizzard was excited by it. I'm pretty sad there's people like you who could never look past "funni panda fuck that", and Blizzard went back into ignoring proper writing.
>>
>>389175778
Always warrior.
>>
The only problem is the RNG bullshit.

Otherwise, this would be top three best expansions.
>>
What's a fun class to play now? I feel like they broke everything and everybody is whining no matter what they're playing.
>>
>>389176091
At least Alleria isn't sucking Horde dick. That's more than what we usually get from Alliance characters.
>>
>>389176196
The legendaries gatekeep raiding which sucks shit. It doesn't help that only a handful of them are actually viable.
>>
>>389176261
DH was fun when I played but that was when you could leapfrog around BGs and I hear that got nerfed.
>>
>>389146246
Legion>MoP>TBC>Vanilla>Cata>WoD>No opinion on WotLK

So yes
>>
>>389146718
this. I would add to that the titanforged system and the mythic + loot rewrad.

raid should always give the best gear. period. Pvp is it's own thing.
>>
>>389172951
>beyond absolute dogshit aesthetic/setting
mists looked great, though
>>
File: 1390197720821.png (434KB, 571x540px) Image search: [Google]
1390197720821.png
434KB, 571x540px
The problem with WoW is the problem with MMOs in general. its not 2004 anymore and people expect better gameplay than 'stand in one place hitting the same 4 hotkeys and watch your character do all the work'. Its why games like Destiny with actual gameplay are taking over the genre.

Also doesn't help that WoW isn't an MMO. It's a single player RPG where you take the role of the chosen one and occasionally have the option of doing multiplayer content if you want

Best expansion since TBC tho, you aint wrong
>>
>>389176405
wod > mop > cata > legion > wotlk > tbc > vanilla
>>
>>389176301
It's not like people would be raiding otherwise. Killing 10-man raiding pretty much killed raiding entirely for most of the playerbase. I hear most guilds cycle through their entire roster over the course of a single tier now.
>>
>>389174497
>Stormblood has an oriental fantasy setting
>All is fine
>WoW has an oriental fantasy setting
>Absolute train wreck

Golley gee willikers its almost like having a giant fucking joke as the main race cripples the story telling of an expansion. MOP would have been well received if a race of Jack Blacks wasn't the primary race
>>
>>389176189
I approve this post.
>>
>>389162906
you should watch the best rogue in the world play. a fucking god.
>>
File: 1359251933912.jpg (9KB, 299x293px) Image search: [Google]
1359251933912.jpg
9KB, 299x293px
>Resub for the new patch
>Go to argus
>Do a thing
>Get a gear drop
>Its an item that gives you a gear specific to your spec
>Its plate and I'm a clothie
>Can't put it on the AH
>Can only send it to my other character or vendor it
>This keeps happening
>The only way to actually get gear for my character is to buy it from the crystal shop

Wow this is shit. Legion has had personalized gear since launch why did they suddenly decide to fuck over their player base like this?
>>
>>389175778
warcraftlogs is your friend
>>
>>389176668
>absolute train wreck

only if you consider edgy children's opinions relevant
>>
>>389176520

Too obvious.
>>
>>389176189
Damn I missed cata. Still worth to level through?
>>
>>389176893
It's just catch up gear for alts, ignore it. The last few expansions have had it, it's not "fucking you over", it's worse gear than you're getting through the world quest themselves.
>>
>warforging and titanforging
>legendaries
>AP grind
>really obvious and limiting timegating
This is what made Legion literal shit tier expansion
>>
>>389168040
Jesus Christ can you strawman any harder? It's not hard to make high skilled friends if you're a high skilled player. My guild has people who greet me when I log on, invite me to dungeon runs and pug raids, and we still push mythic content.
You're complaining that you don't have enough people for mythic. Either take charge and start recruiting people, or grab a handful of your friends and find a new guild to join.
It's not a hard concept, you're just fucking lazy and would rather blame other factors than yourself you retarded mongoloid
>>
>>389177131
currency grind and time gating has been a thing since vanilla.
>>
>>389176893
the 880 stuff is meant to gear up your alts you shitter
>>
>>389176668
>MUH PANDAS

Getting this triggered over a fucking bear, jesus christ what a child.
>>
Every expansion has shit I like and shit I hate. Legion is a pretty good expansion held back by awful ideas like MoP.
>>
>>389176668

You're the reason the setting can't move past RTS fanservice.
>>
>>389150709
WoWFreakz shouldn't be taken seriously anon

And why are you fucking around in Draneor? You should be doing Legion content like everyone else weeb
>>
>>389177328
>>389177427
All they had to do is have pandas relegated to one zone and make a new race that people could actually take seriously. The doofy races have never had an entire expansion dedicated to them and its for good reason
>>
>>389150709
WoD server development was abandoned after Legion.
>>
>>389177024
I mean, the entire old world is technically "cata", the level experience got revamped then. And yeah, it has some fun zones in the 80-85 range too.
>>
>>389177304
It wasn't so obvious back then, none of this "unlocks on date X" or AP grind till your fingers are bleeding and then a bit more
>>
File: chansey book confuse.gif (892KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
chansey book confuse.gif
892KB, 320x240px
>>389177584
But MoP wasn't dedicated to just pandas at all
>>
Really hoping we get sub races in the next expansion. I want to be a brown Orc and Broken Draenei.
>>
>>389177874
Don't worry, I'm sure they will add race mixed characters and a couple more genders
>>
>>389177983
>trap elves
I would resub.
>>
>>389177763
It was the primary race of the exapansion and that was the problem
>>
>>389177983
I know you're having a giggle but Mok'Nathal would be a good half-breed race to play as.
>>
>>389178054
Only in the sense that they got playable, all endgame single player content was based around Sha, Mogu, Mantid, or Trolls, you barely see pandas any more
>>
>>389178054
The problem was that they were turned into dumb bouncy kung fu pandas. They were nothing like the WC3 Brewmaster.
>>
>>389177983
>I'm sure they will add race mixed characters and a couple more genders
are you saying this wouldn't be cool as shit?
>>
>>389178141
Doesn't really matter. No one is going to take a race of furries seriously. Its just not going to happen

Most people at blizzcon didn't even realize monk was going to be the playable class because they face palm'd the second pandas showed up and missed the reveal
>>
>>389178054
I've been wanting playable Pandaren since BC. All I need now are Murlocs and Gnolls.
>>
>>389178141
>I didn't play the expansion: the post
>>
>>389178329
quilboar and kobold when
>>
>>389178329
You can be a denegerate furfag all you want. People have been wanting goblins since vanilla but blizz had the sense to not make them the primary race of cata because no one would be in to that shit
>>
File: Ethereal_Peddler_full.jpg (57KB, 564x722px) Image search: [Google]
Ethereal_Peddler_full.jpg
57KB, 564x722px
>>389178329
>no ethereals

probably the only race I'd pay to race change for
>>
>>389146246
It was ok but got old after 6months or so.
Capping out and waiting on weekly lockouts is really boring.
WQ AP being forced on literally everyone is the worst thing ever.
>>
File: bouncy.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bouncy.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>389178356
>>
>>389178497
>tfw no ethereals where you are just possessing your current suit of armor
They would never bother with the technology but it'd be the best.
>>
>>389178570
So?
>>
>>389178583
Just put some gaps in the player model like they did for undead bones.
>>
File: ssb.jpg (403KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ssb.jpg
403KB, 1680x1050px
>>389178141
>They were nothing like the WC3 Brewmaster.

You mean like the WC3 Brewmaster who is literally in the expansion and has an entire zone and dungeon focused on him?
>>
>>389178662
>racials are about how they're fat fucks
>animations are flipping around like over the top retards
>pandafags don't understand why anyone wouldn't like an entire expansion of this
>>
>>389178792
Again, it's not an entire expansion of that, but because you clearly haven't played it it seems hard to get that into your brain.

At best you could say that about parts of the Wandering Isle, but Pandaria itself is much more focused on war shit and the various other races as threats than "how they're fat fucks".
>>
>>389178497
Huh. What ever happened to these guys after BC? We never see them again?
>>
>>389178948
Actually they take center stage in the new dungeon next week and will probably be a major force under the Void Lords in the next expansion.
>>
>>389178936
A few areas like Dread Wastes aren't but most of it is dude zen lmao kung fu pandas.
>>
File: 2969881139_4bf38f21df_b.jpg (292KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2969881139_4bf38f21df_b.jpg
292KB, 682x1024px
>>389178497
>ethereal prince heroic
PTSD triggered thanks mate
>>
File: wow-7-3-00283.jpg (217KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wow-7-3-00283.jpg
217KB, 1920x1080px
>>389178948
They've been around, they're transmogrifier/void storage dudes across the world and they're currently showing up again in Argus and the new raid/dungeon. Next expansion having them playable isn't even that much of a stretch.
>>
>>389178936
It absolutely is. The Pandas are the center piece to the expansion. Everything is about how the mogu interact with pandas or how the mantids interact with pandas or how the monkeys interact with pandas or how the Horde and Alliance interact with pandas. You had a sub plot of the horde rebellion which didn't become relevant until the last plot but 99% of MOP was about pandas. How the pandas broke away from the mogu empire, how the pandas had to learn self control, how the pandas have their own sets of elements and spirits, how the pandas have their own gods. How Garrosh blowing up the vale was such a blow to the PANDAS pandaspandaspandaspandas.

If they would have just boiled that down to one zone then given us a race that could be taken seriously as the primary race. MOP would have been well loved at launch
>>
>>389146246
>best WoW expansion since Wrath
Ever heard the phrase "damning with faint praise"?
>>
>>389179281
If all the South Sea leaks are right it'll be the year of Naga.
haha just kidding actiblizz doesn't have a creative bone left in its dried out corpse
>>
>>389146246
shut the fuck up blizzard shill
>>
>>389179281
Mate, new race is a lot of work and it's blizzard we are talking about. What do you want a new race? Then be prepared for a cut content nowadays and with little to no content trending at blizz I doubt that they going to sacrifice that for a race.
>>
File: Nexus Prince Shaffar.jpg (22KB, 497x250px) Image search: [Google]
Nexus Prince Shaffar.jpg
22KB, 497x250px
>>389179179
>What is this? You must forgive me, but I was not expecting company. As you can see, we are somewhat preoccupied right now. But no matter. As I am a gracious host, I will tend to you... personally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHtH2x8CfF0

cam clarke is god tier
>>
>>389179620
>Then be prepared for a cut content nowadays and with little to no content trending at blizz

What? Legion has been one of the biggest and most content filled expansions yet
>>
>>389179741
Damage was done with Cata/WoD and even WoTLK to an extent. Legion was a step in the right direction but everyone just assumes its a fluke or they just complain about the AP grind (which hasn't existed since concordance) or Legendaries (which are a legitimate issue and I hope this system is removed).
>>
>>389146246
>solo content in mmo
You lost me here, senpai
>>
>>389179293
How is any of that "kung fu panda shit"? They're built up as a serious race, but because you're a vapid fuck you can't get beyond their looks and just put up a mental block. The pandas are, story-wise, your way into the continent and it expands from there, so yeah, you're gonna have some shit about how it affects pandas.

>You had a sub plot of the horde rebellion which didn't become relevant until the last plot but 99% of MOP was about pandas.

Almost all of MoP's story was about how the Horde and Alliance coming to Pandaria was bringing in war, the Sha, and fucked shit up.
>>
>>389176091

>hurr durr everyone should be a legendary protagonist that does everything like illidan

kys
>>
>>389179895
Something like Mage Tower is a good thing as a solo challenge that rewards players. Reminds me of the Maelstrom Arena in ESO but not required since it's just cosmetics vs BiS gear.
>>
>>389179939
If Blizz is going to put us on the path of being the legendary chosen one who wields Doomhammer and is a true hero of the horde then yes, we need to be doing shit like that.

If they want us to be nameless heroes and adventuerers then its fine for us to stand around and watch NPCs do all the real work but the system as it is implemented now is flawed.
>>
>>389180149
They're in kind of a weird in between spot right now desu
>>
File: 1499745670772.jpg (33KB, 629x505px) Image search: [Google]
1499745670772.jpg
33KB, 629x505px
>>389149593
I want to go back
and i dont mean to just the game itself
playing a private server only fixes half the problem
the other half is the community is gone for the most part and the people that are left are all changed
everyone was so nice and tight knit in vanilla
i made friends everywhere and everyone on the server would help you out and you would get more connections that way
I miss my pals
>>
File: Twopandaren.jpg (16KB, 348x447px) Image search: [Google]
Twopandaren.jpg
16KB, 348x447px
>>389179938
>They're built up as a serious race
I don't care how serious the writing tries to make them seem when their models are bouncing all over the place like spastic retards. Pic related was the original design of the race and what we got is nothing like it. They should be more like tauren, big but not goofy comic relief.
>>
>>389179938
Because it doesn't matter how good the lore you make for them is if they are still fat ass furries. No one can take that shit seriously.
>>
>>389180345
I miss them too. I miss RP servers before the ERP meme ruined everything.
>>
>>389165913
It doesn't matter if everyone has it, since story-wise only you have it. Everyone exists in their own dimensional pocket in this regard, similar to beheading a guy a million times for a quest. You're still the bearer of a legendary artifact worth mentioning in the history of 10,000 years.
>>
they raped all the classes into oblivion, i never really played much of WoD aside from the beginning, but when i came back for Legion all my main characters specs/class had been streamlined/raped into the gutter on a scale i couldn't even imagine playing this on and off for years, the game is actually unplayable no matter how good the content is because all have

they literally just removed 50% of my spells, how come no one talks about that, the game is a disgrace
>>
>>389180410
Blood elves are basically gaylords with gay jokes

you just hate Pandas because "MUH KUNGFU PANDA" every race ingame is cartonish
>>
>>389180547
Because more buttons =/= better.

Some classes got shafted some got improved. You're mad that change occured not at the change itself
>>
>>389180657
why would removing anything make it better you stupid shill fuck
>>
>>389153780
Prydaz + Mannoroth = not giving a fuck.
>>
>>389180428
What server did you play on?
There were some pretty hardcore RPers on my home server Alleria that were fun to run group up with,
Too bad everyone sees legitimate RPers are freaks
I wish blizzard would show a modicum of backbone and ban ERP
>>
>>389180345
The world changed. The type of community you want is gone. People don't just interact with strangers for the hell of it like they used to. Aside from their close friends and family, people avoid one another.
>>
>>389180657
i played brewmaster monk, warlock and warrior, they all got raped, half of my spells removed/streamlined on all 3,
>>
File: 1498703913025.gif (1MB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
1498703913025.gif
1MB, 427x240px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slzQOyS5TqQ

Just take a look at this. It perfectly illustrates why no one will ever take pandas seriously. The mouth piece of the Pandaren race is zipping around like a fucking episode of Naruto and papa garrosh just slaps him down with a single swing of the axe. no cringy anime bullshit.
>>
>>389180746
Perfection is not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
>>
>remove Heroic Strike
>expect me to take your shell of a shit disgrace game seriously
>>
>>389180657
There were more classes and specs that suffered horribly from the pruning than classes who became better for it, and some needing their spec specific legendaries to band aid the wound that the pruning did.

t. Someone who leveled up all classes trying to find one that was fun.
>>
>>389180861
my Shaman ENH turned into a glassy cannon for some stupid fucking reason with literally 2 totems

I leveled 3 shamans, one pre-catacylsm, because they were my favorite class, they have fucking destroyed it, some of us liked the quantity of totems, even if some of them were useless
>>
>>389180654
Male Blood Elves are effeminate snobs but it's not goofy and cartoony like pandas.
>>
File: 1471423666771.png (488KB, 800x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1471423666771.png
488KB, 800x1020px
>>389180816
>>
>>389181003
by perfection you mean streamlined

they removed 50% of your spellbook so the only spells you have left are those you would actively use in a rotation, why not just go full MOBA already fucking blizzard kikes
>>
From my experience only downie autistic retards let pandas ruin their fun.

Visually it is an amazing expansion with a great story with great raids.

PAPAPA PANDAS HUR DUUR

Yes they are annoying but its more annoying that retards refuse to like an expansion because of it.

Grow the fuck up
>>
>>389180410
honestly dude it sounds like you have issues yourself rather than the expansion
>>
>>389181336
This worked right up until Blizz openly stated MOP was the most poorly received expansion squarely because of the pandas
>>
>>389181439
I agree with his point that the panda models we got are kinda dopey but it didn't ruin MoP for me.

Also Monks are the best class in the game.
>>
>>389180785
I played on Cenarion Circle as well as Emerald Dream when they released RP-PvP servers. Had great times on both.
>>
>>389181119
they are not the same of course, what it's the same it's the way they look like a fucking cartoon

WoW doesn't take itself seriously half the time, it's why Taurens have a /moo emote sound, and why Goblins are literally cartoon jews, most of the questlines do stupid puns, and some entire quest zones are basically a joke or a reference to a movie/song

the problem people have is that they entered the meme-hate train of kung-fu Panda, you might not like the race, but they are a serious race and have ton of interesting lore in Pandaria
>>
>>389181528
Eh they are too immersion breaking for me. No way a guy with nothing but fists is taking down anyone in full plate
>>
>>389180861
MoP brewmaster is honestly the most fun ive had with a spec ever, such a shame
>>
>>389146246
>awesome solo content
not even 1 sentence in and you already made the shitposting way too obvious
>>
>>389181656
>in a world full of demons and space travel the guy using fistmagic is too much for me.
>>
File: 1496198790656.png (146KB, 335x210px) Image search: [Google]
1496198790656.png
146KB, 335x210px
>>
>>389181015
WAAAHHHH THEY REMOVED A SHIFTY ABILITY WITH A STUPID SOUND THAT I USED TO DUMP RAGE

WAHHH THEY CLEARLY MADE COOLER AND BETTER ABILITIES BUT I LOVE HAVING A STICK IN MY ASSIGNMENT PRETENDING SOMETHING SO SMALL AND STUPID IS RUINING MY FUN

WAAAH
>>
File: 1504222722397.jpg (25KB, 457x457px) Image search: [Google]
1504222722397.jpg
25KB, 457x457px
>Tfw the next expansion will be even worse and people will start saying "Legion was not that bad" like they did with WoD
>>
>>389181742
Frankly? Yes. It makes no sense and doesn't jive with the setting at all
>>
>>389181793
Legion is great though, WoD had a literal selfie camera/twitter integration patch listed as a major content update.
>>
>>389165381
But that's how wpvp has always been since vanilla.
>>
File: purple cuck annoys wise goat man.jpg (121KB, 1278x677px) Image search: [Google]
purple cuck annoys wise goat man.jpg
121KB, 1278x677px
>>389153758
>"I sacrificed everything"
>"The legion's end is all I seek"
"Ok I'll transform you into someone stronger so you can kill the legion"
>"NO I DON'T WANNA"
"But you said you'd sacrifice everything to destroy the legion"
>"Ye but want to be a free spirit and live my own life"
"But Illidan nobody's saying anything about taking your free will a-"
>"Also die"
>>
This is who your left playing with, even your friends, in WoW.

>never logging in until raid night
or
>only farming mythic+ with ilvl930+ all day every day sorry buddy

Its actually sad you cant find anyone just wanting to do fun shit together in legion.
>>
>>389181793
But legion has been the best expansion since TBC and WOD was amazing at launch it only became bad when the content stopped rolling in
>>
>>389181823
You have autism.
>>
>>389181503
Too many retards. It was one of the best expansions.
>>
>>389181898
Would be a valid argument if the Naaru didn't bind Illidan and try to forcibly light corrupt him. Also if Illidan doesn't finish Argus by agreeing to seal himself away and be the jailer of Sargeras
>>
>>389181898
>chain him up
>no bud I'm doing this whether you want me to or not
>>
File: 1472170785486.gif (392KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1472170785486.gif
392KB, 500x281px
>>389170575
>>
File: 1453119514298.jpg (12KB, 320x292px) Image search: [Google]
1453119514298.jpg
12KB, 320x292px
>>389181823
>game has submarines
>game has time travel
>game has space travel
>game has godly beings traveling through space cleaving planets with a sword

>but a guy using charka and killing shit with fists doesn't jive with the setting
>>
>>389182023
I dont disagree, mechanically it made a lot of good choices. but the joke race drove a lot of people away
>>
>>389181793
>like they did with WoD

lol
>>
>>389182029
I almost expect Illidan being the jailor to be a ruse by Blizzard.
>>
File: 1404105831405.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1404105831405.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>>389181779
>A cooler and better ability
You mean like Focused Rage.
>>
File: longmayshereign.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
longmayshereign.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
>>389182127
in a world where Kung-fu panda wouldn't have existed I bet people wouldn't call pandaren joke race

>space goats are serious
>cows are serious
>jew goblins are serious
>but PANDAS are a joke
>>
>Trying to level every class and get them to Argus content
>Realize that I could have been dedicating my time to one character and probably doing mythic content by now
>>
>>389182094
Having fantasy stuff isn't a get our of jail free card on things making sense.
>>
>>389170167
i want a compromise where you either have to be NEET or get skilled at the game to progress.
>>
>>389182307
How many times have Tauren or Goblins been the primary race for an expansion anon?
>>
>>389182416
It's fucking MAGIC.
>>
How are affliction locks and boomkins doing? Quit some years ago and the itch is returning.
>>
Legion is fucking shit.
I want to see the sub numbers now vs wod.
>>
>>389155173
The last crunch was because raid dps was so high that you couldn't store appropriate boss health in 32 bits, which is why every fight in siege had tons of adds, damage reduction mechanics or healing mechanics. Garrosh had 3 phases where he healed himself just so the fight would last long enough.
>>
>>389180892
I think you're making more of a case against Monks than Pandaren. Would this honestly look less silly if it was any other playable race?
>>
>>389182672
what was garrosh's health before the squish? we're already back in the billions.
>>
>>389182763
My argument is against anime bullshit
>>
>>389182410
100% wasted time mythic raiding.

Best time spent is making alts, doing their order hall, getting class mount.

Only reason to do mythic raiding is if you want the tier set for xmog.

Who the fuck gives a shut if your character is geared. Doing the same raid over and over gets fucking boring.
>>
>>389182971
you must hate demon hunters and legion then
>>
>>389176189
This and a thousand times this
>>
>>389182994
I care more about looking pretty than anything. Was hoping you could just unlock full armor sets for transmog like the Odin ones but that doesn't seem to be the case.
>>
>>389183148
Absolutely. Demon Hunters, Death Knights and Warlocks should have never been made playable classes.
>>
Let's say I resub with a fresh 110, I know there are welfare epics so I can do world quests and shit, but how long would it take me to get flying? A month? Is it time gated?
>>
>>389182971
You sound like a fucking moron.

I shouldn't like goblins because they remind me of jews right?

Grow the fuck up
>>
>>389182634
You don't have to see the sub numbers to know that they're lower than ever. The game is fucking dead.
>>
>>389183348
When you get an entire expansion where goblins are the primary race and you have a big story about goblins being the biggest jews from jew town- then this argument will hold water.
>>
>>389183447
>unless its about super serious orcs vs humans then its not MY warcraft
>>
File: jMux8ZqzKMhECxQuhgu4NrbqrA.png (595KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
jMux8ZqzKMhECxQuhgu4NrbqrA.png
595KB, 1200x630px
Busy playing a good game, sorry
>>
>>389183437
According to /v/, WoW has been dead since 2004. Same goes for Nintendo
>>
>>389183447
the fact that you see them as a joke race doesn't make them a joke race, it's subjective, honestly I love Pandas and I hope we get another expansion based on them
>>
>>389183518
>Busy
Not much to keep you busy after you do omega savage desu
>>
>>389183542
Yes and that's a fact.
>>
>>389183518
>pic unrelated
>>
>>389183582
Triple triad
>>
>>389183447
It's called cataclysm...

They literally fucking did that.
>>
>>389183542
the game is clearly not dead, but it's an all-time low, my region for example has no server in high population
>>
>>389183447
I'm guessing your age is 17 and extremely insecure.

Just taking a guess.
>>
>>389183437
Legion is only doing a little bit better than WoD, but they haven't hit their content drought at the end of the expansion yet.
>>
File: WorldMap-Aszhara.jpg (197KB, 1002x668px) Image search: [Google]
WorldMap-Aszhara.jpg
197KB, 1002x668px
>>389183447
hmmm
>>
>>389183663
Cataclysm was about the earthen ring dealing with dragons and elementals. You had goblins tacked on the side which is fine and exactly how MOP and pandas should have been handled.
>>
>>389183825
It's all just chinks and goldfarmers. No real people give a fuck about WoW anymore.
>>
>>389183875
>entire expansion is about Horde VS Alliance, with the Sha fucking up, the Mogu everywhere, the bugs sucking the dick of an old god, and you had a few Pandas here and between

mmmmh
>>
>>389183989
Damn I never knew I was a chink and/or goldfarmer, thanks anon.
>>
>>389183875

Mist was about the fight between the horde and alliance with pandas on the side.

Had to fight old god shut and the thunder king.

You are a fucking moron.
>>
>>389184071
You're just retarded and not a person.
>>
>>389184071
>implying you are not a bot

wake up
>>
>>389184057
>>389184149

Literally every zone was centered around pandas and how the events of pandaria impacted them. They were the set piece of MOP and every sub plot revolved around them. You cannot debate this. You are wrong.
>>
>>389167808

blizzcon will be new expansion reveal 100%
>>
>>389146246
>Has this been the best WoW expansion since Wrath?

As much as I liked Wrath, this is probably better. First time I've really enjoyed the game since Wrath though.
>>
File: panda priest.jpg (826KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
panda priest.jpg
826KB, 850x1200px
>>389176189
>this shit was all new and Blizzard was excited by it
If you watch the WoW documentary made right before WoD's release, this was their sentiment exactly. They talked about how MoP was an expansion designed around the old paradigm of discovery that the game was built around - that it was a completely new area that didn't really exist in WoW lore before, not to the extent it does now, and it was a great opportunity to create new things and allow the player to discover them.

MoP was just filled to the brim with inspiration. It was the pinnacle of modern WoW. I am very happy to have experienced it, and I feel bad for people who skipped it because "kung fu panda shit."
>>
File: anongettingrapedbypandas.jpg (233KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
anongettingrapedbypandas.jpg
233KB, 1600x900px
>>389184362
why do you hate this race so much?
>>
>>389184560
I dont hate pandas, I simply acklnowedge them as a joke race and the reason MOP was so poorly received.
>>
>>389146246
>Tanks are simultaneously boring as shit to play and broken as fuck because they don't die.
>Blizzard up to their usual antics pulling the rug out from under hunters in the middle of competitive progression, forcing the class to relearn how to play over the course of weeks where their guilds would potentially bench them to get realm firsts.
>Plot's still stupid cape shit.
>Cross realm bullshit still in the game
>Queues still in the game
>Instead of changing it in future expansions so that the plot isn't complete in raids many people don't like doing they instead keep LFR as a completely trivial game mode.
>People are antisocial fucks in every game mode where they're not obligated to not be shitcocks.
>Broke ass legendary system where some people got BIS items that constitute a 15% DPS boost two weeks into the game. I spent 2 or 3 months waiting for fucking Prydaz to drop.
>Titanforging dangling the fact that you could have had something better drop in front of your face.
>Mythic+ dungeons encouraging poop socking if you want to be competitive in PVE.
>Titanforging reinforces this
>Class Order Halls designed to give players a blowjob and still manage to be worse than garrisons some how. A garrison was at least self sufficient once established but your class hall demands you go do bullshit world quests that are often pitch perfect recreations of quests you already did.

Legion is the worst expansion the game has released. Even Cataclysm and WOD kept me subbed longer.
>>
>>389184658
I liked Pandaren. Their thunderclap animation is a little too goofy for me though. They're made to be Monks though.
>>
>>389183870
fucking green jews ruined my comfy zone
>>
File: rockin queen.jpg (659KB, 1200x1695px) Image search: [Google]
rockin queen.jpg
659KB, 1200x1695px
>>389177584
>take seriously
>seriously
>warcraft
>serious
I'm so tired of you people. This is the reason they have to put Illidan's ugly fucking growling mug on the cover of Legion and why everything has to be doom and gloom end of the world shit.

Where the fuck did people get the idea that Warcraft is this dark and edgy thing? It's a cartoony game with goofy, stylized graphics and always has been since WC3. Yes, it has some serious themes, but it's all reigned in regularly by the devs having a sense of humor and continually adding in comic relief everywhere. Even in Legion there's plenty of gag moments, and demons saying goofy shit at you.

WoW has never been a game people were meant to """take seriously.""" It's a laid back, cartoony title. MoP was absolutely not out of place in WoW - if anything, WoD and Legion have both been far too dark and edgy for WoW for no good reason other than to placate morons like you.
>>
>>389184362
>They were the set piece of MOP and every sub plot revolved around them

That's bullshit though. The Landfall and Thunder King patches had literally nothing to do with pandas and SoO was only tangentially related to them.
>>
>>389146718
>people cry world pvp has been dead since tbc
>world pvp is brought back in its unbalanced glory
>people cry that world pvp is unbalanced

make up your fucking minds
>>
>>389185115
>It has to be dark and edgy to be taken seriously

Cool strawman bro
>>
>>389185115
let's play spot the cata kid
>>
File: be warlock.jpg (156KB, 792x1000px) Image search: [Google]
be warlock.jpg
156KB, 792x1000px
>>389185320
way to completely misinterpret the post friend

>>389185330
been playing since Vanilla, was chock full of goofy shit and comic relief. Ragnaros's dialogue is a joke now. There's an owl in Tanaris named O'reily, and next to it as a house containing a book called "Soothsaying for Dummies" you used to use for the AQ gates questline, which is owned by a gnome who is pined after by a naga woman - but he doesn't want anything to do with her.
Kel'thuzad had a cat named Mr. Bigglesworth and he screams "Nooooo!" if you kill him.

The game is full of jokes and silly stuff like that. It is *not* a serious title.
>>
>>389185320
>>389185330
where do you think fucking "toon" came from
>>
File: 1334215535601.jpg (5KB, 199x251px) Image search: [Google]
1334215535601.jpg
5KB, 199x251px
>>389185832
It doesn't have its origins in WoW.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_090117_190628.jpg (739KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_090117_190628.jpg
739KB, 2560x1440px
>playing anytthing but Blood DK this expac
easy life bros
>>
>>389186140
>playing any tank except Brewmaster

Enjoy your garbage spec.
>>
>>389181779
imagine being such a subhuman that shills for the gutter trash disgrace that is "WoW" in 2017
>>
>>389185832
Imagine being so young that you think WoW invented the phrase 'toon'
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_082517_162451.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_082517_162451.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>389186140
>Blood DK
>Not being the unholy master race.
>>
>green-skinned noble savages and copy pasted native american cow people? fine with me
>green jewish new york midgets who live on a steampunk island? fine with me
>walking caribbean stereotypes? yeah bro i'm down with that
>werewolves from copypaste 19th century london? sure why not
>copypaste moria? copypaste middle-ages kingdoms? sign me up
>russian spacegoats with intergalactic spaceships? neato
>ok how about pandas that live in a setting that resembles ancient china?
>FUCKING KUNG-FU PANDAS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: lmaoing at you.jpg (928KB, 1232x1196px) Image search: [Google]
lmaoing at you.jpg
928KB, 1232x1196px
>>389186208
enjoy dying faster
>>389186361
Blood over Unholy over Frost my man
>>
>>389172848
>reputation grind for raid items to summon bosses

This is an understatement. It used to be that you needed to grind rep with the Hydraxian Waterlords to get aqual quinetessences to be able to do fight Majordomo and Rags. And there was no shortcut here, no quests, nada. Classic era rep grinds revolved around farming copious amounts of mobs.

>gear grind for specific fire resistance gear

And nature resistance for AQ40. And Frost resistance for Naxx 40. At least one boss in every raid- AQ20 and ZG withstanding- was specifically intended to gate players until they could get shitty resistance gear. And yeah, sometimes this meant going to a depreciated dungeon like Marudon because it had a random ass trinket with nature resist.

Nefarian also required your entire raid have the Onyxia Scale Cloak, which was made from scales that had to be skinned from Onyxia, which meant you were forced to farm her for a few months to get your guild suited out.

>herb/mine grind for specific pieces of armour and a shitton of flasks and potions

And originally you had to go to a flask bench to make flasks. The one I can think of off the top of my head was in Scholomance, in a room just before you got to the last boss.

>a way more imbalanced loot and drop system that meant you could not see an item for months or years

While the old gear system was cool, raids specifically choked players for gear. And when you had 8 individual pieces of gear that shared loot tables with 9 classes- 8 per faction but you could still get shit dropping for the other side- it wasn't that strange to hear about a guild who wasn't getting, say, priest drops.
>>
>>389186363
Please read the thread, this argument has been BTFO several times over
>>
>>389186361
I wish the abomination wasn't the only viable talent. I prefer the ghoul/geist.
>>
>>389182416
A lot of shit in WoW doesn't make fucking sense you autistic cunt.
>>
File: slut.gif (137KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
slut.gif
137KB, 340x340px
>>389186550
>Brewmaster
>dying
>>
>>389186664
Like what?
>>
File: 1495057416170.jpg (33KB, 402x416px) Image search: [Google]
1495057416170.jpg
33KB, 402x416px
>paraxis incoming
>>
>>389181047
>fun
Well, what was it?
>>
>>389186601
More like ignored by screeching autists.
>>
>>389186550
>using the Edgy Ashbringer skin

stop this shit
>>
>>389187314
I enjoy Shammy and Druid, and I think Monk WW is one of the best designed classes

Hunter, arcane mage, Retribution, Warrior arms, rogue outlaw are the worst for me, few buttons, too much RNG and procs or a high uptime class
>>
Mop>wrath>BC>legion>classic>>>>>>cata
>>
>>389180816
Thats not true anon. I have been playing on elysium and i have had tons of people just msg me randomly asking to group. Then we add each other or I invite them to the guild and we keep playing. You just gotta find the right people.
>>
>>389186840
Like that 25 autists managed to beat the greatest threat on azeroth and that his weapon conviniently began to betray him right as Tirion Jobberingly decided it was time to unfreeze himself.
>>
>>389191039
I dont see how an army of of the alliance and horde weakening Arthas then the light (the thing that is exclusively the best at killing undead) destroys frostmourne.
>>
>>389191418
>an army
25 is not an army, nor are they sufficient enough to weaken the lich king, a man that killed them all instantly when he felt like it.
>>
>>389188242
Outlaw Rogue is a complete travesty
Keep 2 buffs up, spam sinister strike and evicerate and that's it, that's the whole class
I don't know how they fucked it up so bad
>>
while I really enjoyed Legion, these ruined the expansion for me:
>warforged/titanforged shit
>mythic+ dungeons and its drops
>artifact power
>legendary system (funny enough, the one that least bothered me)
>>
File: udon-02-1920x1080.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
udon-02-1920x1080.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>389179112
Nigger that was Four Winds and Northern Kun-Lai, everything else was about the war with the Alliance and Horde or against one of the other native races.
Even Jade Forest was more about the hozen and jinyu than the pandas.
If you seriously think the expansion was majority 'dude pandas lmao' you either didn't play it or didn't pay attention to anything.
>>
>>389180149

people like you should just die, you americans with your filthy fetish for being rewarded and called a special snowflake for every drop of poop you shit out of your ass disgust me, the overarching theme of warcraft since forever has always been that there is are no fucking magical saviours but only people with different beliefs going against all odds and coming togheter despite their differences

I bet a flaming faggot like you never even played the RTS games and doesn't remember the speech of the last guardian that was just reiterated again by illidan in 7.3
>>
>>389185115

>Where the fuck did people get the idea that Warcraft is this dark and edgy thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC_SZToF82U

YEAH LOOK AT ALL THOSE PONIES AND RAINBOWS HOLY SHIT
>>
File: 1358722967143.png (658KB, 985x677px) Image search: [Google]
1358722967143.png
658KB, 985x677px
>>389179632
>I have such...fascinating things to show you.
>>
>>389180491
>It doesn't matter if everyone has it, since story-wise only you have it.
Why the fuck would I play an MMO if I only cared about the single-player story? It doesn't feel like only I have it or that it's "legendary" if I see another person with it every 5 seconds,
>>
File: 1451946324851.png (387KB, 472x426px) Image search: [Google]
1451946324851.png
387KB, 472x426px
>>389175248
>mfw panda is my main since mop release
i enjoy playing a thicc female pandaren in plate armor while fighting with two thicc two-handed swords
>>
Who's ready for horde to get Nightfallen and alliance to get Ethereals?
>>
>>389192753
Isn't that the same level in which you can find a hidden level with a magical flying sheep you have to capture?
>>
File: 1495065815931.jpg (73KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1495065815931.jpg
73KB, 413x395px
>>389146246

The original design philosophy of WoW is why its in the mess it is now. During the creation of classic Metzen and his boys just wanted to create and add shit that was cool and to make a game they would play. Half way through WoTLK when Activision bought blizz I knew the game was going to be this way. The original developers never had a end goal with the game. It was to just make shit they enjoyed making. You can clearly see the content they cared about and the shit made to continue to brink in cash. Cata was fucking trash, MoP tricked me into playing again and now I cant stop playing Monk. Fuck.

Legion is the second worst expansion in my opinion. Two glaring fucking reasons why the people who still play are leaving. RNG and the Artifacts (specifically the artifact skills). Most of them are so lazy in design and concept that most classes got screwed. DH's ruined the game making being a leather+agi user almost impossible to get gear.
Thread posts: 449
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.