[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sim Copter was fun as fuck. At the time I have never played a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: simcopter_9.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
simcopter_9.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
Sim Copter was fun as fuck. At the time I have never played a game with that much freedom and things to do.

Am I being nostalgic or is the game actually shit?
>>
The controls were shit. That's about all that I remember from SimCopter
>>
The fact that you could use your own simcity maps back then was fucking crazy

Yeah the game was bad but the past was a time of fun and magic
>>
I didn't even know i could use my simcity maps for a long time, but i still had a lot of fun causing catastrophic disasters
>>
>>389144885
nostalgia is powerful, but i have it for this game as well.

i do remember putting my simcity maps into it also.
>>
File: streets.jpg (71KB, 640x765px) Image search: [Google]
streets.jpg
71KB, 640x765px
>>389144885
Step up, son.
>>
>>389144885
I remember buying this game at a shitty pawn shop in Seattle and loving the fuck out of it on my shitty 2003 emachince computer

>pick up dogs with bucket that are injured and supposed to be saved
>drop them in the ocean or on the ground high up in the air so they'd die
>>
>>389146421
What the fuck
>>
Oh man using cheatcodes to spawn attack helicopter was fun af
>>
Absolutely loved it at the time but I doubt it holds up well.

Pushing people out of your helicopter was fun.
>>
>>389145562
>The fact that you could use your own simcity maps back then was fucking crazy

I miss the SimCity 2000 game universe. I wish Maxis would do that shit again. How cool would it be to have a huge, complex, modern SimCity game that also includes the ability to play SimCopter, Streets of SimCity, and maybe even The Sims all within the same game? You could play as much or as little of any given mode as you pleased. You could follow Sims home and then control their lives and customize their homes and workplaces. You could race around the streets with crazy deathcars. You could rescue people with the copter mode.

And since they're all within the same game they could all enhance each other because your actions in any given mode could affect your city as a whole, your custom Sims could sometimes get involved in the missions you do, and so on. It would be so fucking cool, but they'll never ever do it.
>>
>>389146937
Shit, a connected sims world game would be amazing. And you can also build attractions, like if a fair comes to your city later on in the game it would switch over to a sim coaster kind of mode and you can plan out how the fares layout and how it gets financed.

Fuuuuck that would be such a good and ambitious game if that existed.
>>
It would take a fucking NASA super computer to run that shit, but i've always imagined that since the pseudo The Sims thing in SimCity 4
>>
>>389147183
I had a friend who had this game and the computer run it fine, but the graphic card shat the bad when he played it and went all commodore-64 colours.

For the longest time I thought the game should be looking that bad and weird, but OP showed me for the first time what it was supposed to look like.
>>
>>389147135
>>389147183

Yeah, it would be intense as fuck on hardware, but so fucking good if pulled off. Honestly, I'd even settle for them being separately-loaded games like in the SC2k days. It was just such a cool idea to be able to use your cities as maps for other games.
>>
>>389144885

Controls were not good.
People didn't listen to your instructions when doing traffic control.
Controls made doing rescue missions harder sometimes because I landed on the guys.

But it was nice and fun as fuck. Sad that I accidentaly destroyed the CD
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.