[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people buy new games when they already own games they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1503450125692.png (170KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1503450125692.png
170KB, 800x800px
Why do people buy new games when they already own games they haven't finished? The only situation that would be practical in, is if the game is on sale and you know it won't drop in price naturally for a long time like most Nintendo games. That and maybe if the game you're playing now is bad, in which case you should have done more research before buying it, meaning this shouldn't happen often.

I've just never understood this but it seems to be a pretty common thing.
>>
I don't. I almost never play games on release especially now that they aren't full games until a year after release
>>
>>389142783
Because someone can recommend a game to you, you play it and you end up not liking it?
>>
>>389142783
I have so many games that if I were to only play new games when I finish my backlog I would never play any new game.
>>
>>389142783
Because people get bored of playing the same game. I got a lot of unfinished exclusive games on my PS4: Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, Yakuza 0, Nioh.

I will probably never finish them because I've forgotten the controls etc. and I just ordered Persona 5. Instead I play assfaggots on my PC.
>>
>>389142901
Even with a recommendation you should always do your homework before making a purchase.

>>389142980
Why not take a break to read a book or something? Buying another game just makes you less likely to ever go back to the unfinished one.
>>
>>389142783
I'm really stupid. Also afraid of niche games going out of print.
>>
File: 1504383788049.jpg (22KB, 211x330px) Image search: [Google]
1504383788049.jpg
22KB, 211x330px
but I have finished everything
>>
>>389143152
I do take breaks, but I usually lose my will to continue a game from where I left off when doing that.
>>
Because if I wanted to play the games I haven't finished, they would be finished. I don't get paid for playing games I don't like, why bother?
>>
>>389142783

My backlog is very real so i've cut out buying new stuff almost completely, as well as cutting back on humble bundles. This way stuff like Horizon will be really cheap by the time i get to them.
>>
>>389142783
Kinda like women and shoes amirite?
>>
>>389143821
not so much, sometimes I buy games to support the company even if I don't have too much time to play them right now.

also my time depends a lot on external variables so maybe I buy a game thinking I'll have time and then I have to work nonstop for some weeks, it sucks.
>>
File: confused.png (195KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
confused.png
195KB, 510x346px
>Forcing yourself to finish all the games you own
Not every game is worth completing. You play them for as long as you're engaged and having fun. If you feel like playing something else and a new game that looks cool came out, go play it.
>>
>no hobbies besides drugs
>enjoy 1 or 2 games so i spend thousands on games to play them a few minutes each and regret it after as I know nothing else will ever give me joy
>>
I keep a small collection of personal 10/10 games and any game I don't wanna finish gets either donated to my local library or sold. I used to be feel like I had to finish everything I bought and my backlog was overwhelming. But now even if I hate a game maybe someone else will find some enjoyment out of it so I don't feel so bad. But now I have no backlog ever cause the few games I do keep are all my favorites so obviously I've finished them all.
>>
>>389142783
I'm guilty of this. It's a problem
>>
>>389144128
This is pretty much the most typical answer. Also, sometimes life gets in the way and a multiplayer game you like will lose it's player base or your friends won't be playing it anymore by the time you can play.

This happened to me with Destiny, I moved for work shortly after I bought it and my new apartment only had satellite internet so I couldn't play online games anymore. I never even finished the campaign even though I really liked the game. I couldn't even play alone due to a mandatory connection.
>>
File: 1504304110515.png (29KB, 571x618px) Image search: [Google]
1504304110515.png
29KB, 571x618px
>>389142783
>he buys games
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.